Dog lovers damage the planet - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Pollution, global warming, urbanisation etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Rancid wrote:Assuming you are being honest, that's rouhgly 50% of an SUV's carbon footprint (maybe close to 100% of a small car) a year. That's still significant.

Yes. But nothing like what Robert Urbanek claims for the average dog.
Rancid wrote:Assuming you are being honest, that's rouhgly 50% of an SUV's carbon footprint (maybe close to 100% of a small car) a year. That's still significant.

Honest? Why wouldn't I be?
He gets 200 grams a day of wet food which is 60% meat. That's where the numbers come from.
Rancid wrote:All that said, I dont think we should ban pet ownership or anytjing like that, but let's not kid ourselves that it's harmless either.

Mine is beneficial to others as I have explained.
He does this for a lady who is not able to walk more than a few yards.

He takes care of our grandchildren when they stay with us. One time we were doing mud faces on a tree. Nothing got within ten yards of them. No barking, no biting. Just the power of the eye.
Besoeker2 wrote:Mine is beneficial to others as I have explained.

I don't doubt this statement. It doesn't change the fact there is a carbon footprint associated with dogs
Last edited by Rancid on 20 Jan 2020 18:57, edited 1 time in total.
You know what? I couldn't give a flying fuck if my dogs are bad for the environment...
Robert Urbanek wrote:If dogs could speak, they would say, “Yes, master. Anything you say master.” White people really miss having slaves.

Never had one, so I wouldn't know.

I just might go down to the shelter and adopt another dog, just so I can fuck up the environment a little bit more...
I have no idea if I am a dog lover.

We do not eat that here in Canada.

—————————

On topic, pets do come with associated environmental impacts. Most seem to be associated with how pet food is made. Since we need to change food production and distribution anyway, (in order to make it environmentally sustainable), we could easily do the same for pet food at the same time.
Rancid wrote:Aside from that, I find the idea of having a pet inside the house absolutely revolting. Rubbing their anuses on fucking everything. :lol: Would you let me sit on your couch naked after having a shit?
All that said, I dont think we should ban pet ownership or anytjing like that, but let's not kid ourselves that it's harmless either.

I find living in a city revolting, touching anything like hand rails and doors who knows where those thousand of hands have been. :D This is on the list of examples of liberals cannibalising themselves. Politically it's an untouchable topic.
Pants-of-dog wrote:I have no idea if I am a dog lover.

We do not eat that here in Canada.

Pretty sure I had it in the Philippines back in '84.

Anything's good if you put enough barbeque sauce on it...
Last edited by BigSteve on 20 Jan 2020 21:38, edited 1 time in total.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Since we need to change food production and distribution anyway, (in order to make it environmentally sustainable), we could easily do the same for pet food at the same time.

fair enough.
Finfinder wrote:I find living in a city revolting, touching anything like hand rails and doors who knows where those thousand of hands have been.

“Dogs spend half their life with their noses in nasty corners or hovering over dog droppings so their muzzles are full of bacteria, viruses and germs of all sorts.” The strong bacteria have the power to cause a range of dangerous diseases, some deadly.

Capnocytophaga Canimorsus is a bacteria that lives in a dog’s saliva. It has the power to cause fatal infections including sepsis, which can ultimately lead to organ failure and even death.

https://nypost.com/2017/07/30/the-deadly-reason-why-you-shouldnt-let-dogs-lick-your-face/
Robert Urbanek wrote:“Dogs spend half their life with their noses in nasty corners or hovering over dog droppings so their muzzles are full of bacteria, viruses and germs of all sorts.” The strong bacteria have the power to cause a range of dangerous diseases, some deadly.

Capnocytophaga Canimorsus is a bacteria that lives in a dog’s saliva. It has the power to cause fatal infections including sepsis, which can ultimately lead to organ failure and even death.

https://nypost.com/2017/07/30/the-deadly-reason-why-you-shouldnt-let-dogs-lick-your-face/

I'm 57 years old. In those 57 years I've had 11 dogs in total.

If I'm not dead by now, no dog's gonna' kill me...
Robert Urbanek wrote:If dogs could speak, they would say, “Yes, master. Anything you say master.” White people really miss having slaves.

That's because they feel like slaves themselves, so it helps to dump this onto something more helpless than yourself.

This is the aspect that I find more revolting about pet ownership: the entrapped-slave life of the animal.

Of course your dog loves you: you're its only source of food. you're the only means it has to pee without being punished. you're its only ticket out of that sterile box you leave him trapped in.

And if you need a dog for affection and companionship, perhaps you don't have a good enough personality and need to see more humans in controlled settings, rather than destroying the existence of an animal.
@QatzelOk Do you really believe all that Admin Edit: Rule 2 Violation, or are you simply trolling?
So no one can tell me what pet is environmentally acceptable?

I like how I'm supposed to feel guilty about having children and pets but no one gives billionaires shit for using private jets and mega yachts.
Rancid wrote:I don't doubt this statement. It doesn't change the fact there is a carbon footprint associated with dogs

OK. We got ours from a rescue centre. Whether we did or someone else did, the footprint would be the same.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Two things can be true at once: Russia doesn't ha[…]

Thank goodness saner heads and science is prevaili[…]

4 foot tall Chinese parents are regularly giving b[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]