Turkey & Libya agree to split Greek territory, Libya invites Turkey to send military - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#15060401
Atlantis wrote:[usermention=34393]That's what happens when wannabe Imperialists try to play with the big boys. They get burned.


Erdogan is the most popular politician in the Islamic world. Turkey also engages in Somalia.

In case of Syria Russia can directly intervene because the Government invites them. In Lybia the government invites the Turks
#15060523
Atlantis wrote:@Istanbuller, here's some news for you:

The European Union Court of Justice rules that the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK) was wrongly on the list of terrorist organisations.

World Belgian court: PKK not a terrorist organization

Looks like things are turning against Turkey. I have always said that the AKP should replace the PKK on our list of terrorist organisations. We are now moving in that direction. It's not even a secret anymore that Turkey is the biggest sponsor of terror in the MENA.

That's what happens when wannabe Imperialists try to play with the big boys. They get burned.

Puppet "old" Turkey would care what others think of him.

"New" Turkey's foreign policy is being driven by national interests. Mediterranean gas fields are important for future of Turkey's economy. It is worth to fight for it.
#15060541
Erdogan claims that Crete, islands have no continental shelf

"They talk about a continental shelf around Crete," he said. "There is no continental shelf around the islands, there is no such thing," he said, noting that, "there, it is only sovereign waters."


"Islands have no continental shelf" ... can't wait to break this to the Brits. :lol:

Just think of all the fish and oil that we'll get from the European EEZ going right up to Greenland's EEZ.

Image
#15060547
Atlantis wrote:That's why we'll let the Empire collapse under the weight of its internal contradictions. Trump is doing a good job so far.

The American Empire will survive Trump. Whether it will survive its own hubris is another matter, however. The current Masters of the Universe seem to think they have unlimited resources and unlimited time. They are mistaken on both counts. And its reliance on fomenting "creative chaos" rather than establishing a long-lasting world order means that once it finally collapses, it will leave little trace behind it. The British left a lasting (though often malign) legacy around the world; its doubtful that the USA will do the same.
#15060550
Potemkin wrote:The American Empire will survive Trump. Whether it will survive its own hubris is another matter, however. The current Masters of the Universe seem to think they have unlimited resources and unlimited time. They are mistaken on both counts. And its reliance on fomenting "creative chaos" rather than establishing a long-lasting world order means that once it finally collapses, it will leave little trace behind it. The British left a lasting (though often malign) legacy around the world; its doubtful that the USA will do the same.


The Empire will survive Trump, but he certainly is leading the US on its road to oblivion. Even if Trump isn't reelected, the phenomenon Trump won't disappear. There is a reason why so many Americans can identify with Trump.

It's hard to imagine what will happen when it finally does collapse, but the collapse of the petrodollar, which has to happen with the shift away from fossil fuels, is going to impact the US economy and the global economy in a major way. We would be best advised to prepare for a gradual phasing out to avoid a global crisis of gigantic proportions.
#15060574
Istanbuller wrote:Free Syrian Army cleared most of Turkish-Syria border from ISIS and SDF terrorists. It is probably most mobilised and fresh army in Syria.

And this is the rub: the USA and its allies (like Israel and SA) are probably the funding of ISIS and other terrorist groups. The West uses terror to destroy nations for economic reasons.

So if Turkey fights too strongly against Western terrorists, it could quickly pull a WW2 Italy, and quit its alliance with 'the bad guys' and then we will be advancing to WW3.

Wars start because the West is ruled by liars and thieves, so the citizens never know any of the real motivations or who is behind the horrors they see on TV every night.
Up Yours Danny

The point is that religious people by definition […]

I seem to recall that China is Italy's biggest bu[…]

Yes, war is hell. But the war in question wasn'[…]

It has started

You see this where you are wrong its Americans […]