Climate emergency: world 'may have crossed tipping points’ - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Pollution, global warming, urbanisation etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
blackjack21 wrote:VX nerve agent? Oh, I know! We can outlaw medicines and vaccines.

Meh, it's a problem which will solve itself. Once the environment has been sufficiently degraded, there will be a mass die-off of the human race until a sustainable population level has been reached. No need for Thanos to step in and get his genocide on. Lol.
Rancid wrote:I think we should doing both. Reducing the population, and reducing emissions.

The population can be reduced through education. In developing nations, educate people on safe sex, in developed nations encourage people to have no more than two kids. This would not require killing anyone.

Population collapse would be catastrophic for the environment and climate though. Whatever the solution is to this complex problem, we need to plow through it together as a species.
I'm skeptical whether large-scale state action, a la WWII, is the best model for dealing with the "climate" crisis. However, given the narrowing time window for effective action, we may have no choice. Also climate is a misleadingly narrow description of the nature of this crisis.
I agree, it's more of an Anthropocene crisis than a climate crisis broadly speaking. It's pretty obvious that we're reaching the end of a civilizational cycle that roughly began with the agricultural revolution. It will get pretty bad. The human suffering will become something of a landscape.

Leon Bakst's vision of cosmic catastrophe, Ancient Terror (1908)
quetzalcoatl wrote:I'm skeptical whether large-scale state action, a la WWII, is the best model for dealing with the "climate" crisis.

There is self-evidently no climate crisis, nor will there ever be one caused by human CO2 emissions from fossil fuel combustion. I will continue to be proved right about that, and the anti-CO2 hysteria propagandists will continue to be proved wrong.
However, given the narrowing time window for effective action, we may have no choice. Also climate is a misleadingly narrow description of the nature of this crisis.

It's not only misleadingly narrow, it's completely wrong. The coming crisis is an economic -- i.e., at root a moral and intellectual -- one caused by privilege and the phony neoclassical "economics" that rationalizes and justifies it.

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Only Zionists believe that bollocks and you lot ar[…]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]