The new propaganda - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By late
"The core challenge we’re facing today is information saturation and a hackable media system. If you follow politics at all, you know how exhausting the environment is. The sheer volume of content, the dizzying number of narratives and counternarratives, and the pace of the news cycle are too much for anyone to process.

I call this “manufactured” because it’s the consequence of a deliberate strategy. It was distilled almost perfectly by Steve Bannon, the former head of Breitbart News and chief strategist for Donald Trump. “The Democrats don’t matter,” Bannon reportedly said in 2018. “The real opposition is the media. And the way to deal with them is to flood the zone with shit.”

In our time, it was pioneered by Vladimir Putin in post-Soviet Russia. Putin uses the media to engineer a fog of disinformation, producing just enough distrust to ensure that the public can never mobilize around a coherent narrative.

That’s exactly what happened with the now-debunked Uranium One story that dogged Clinton from the beginning of her campaign — a story Bannon fed to the Times, knowing that the supposedly liberal paper would run with it because that’s what mainstream media news organizations do...In this case, Bannon flooded the zone with a ridiculous story not necessarily to persuade the public that it was true (although surely plenty of people bought into it) but to create a cloud of corruption around Clinton.

But liberal democracy cannot function without a shared understanding of reality. As long as the zone is flooded with shit, that shared understanding is impossible."

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2020/1/16/20991816/impeachment-trial-trump-bannon-misinformation
The Mainstream media have discredited itself long before 2016 and post 2016 its only getting worse Putin is not to blame even if some twitter bots have spammed the internet
You cant change the fact that the(western) media is manipulative,biased and its not any different from China or Russia state tv
The west has lost its most important aspect freedom of speech and information
By late
Zionist Nationalist wrote:
The Mainstream media have discredited itself long before 2016 and post 2016 its only getting worse Putin is not to blame even if some twitter bots have spammed the internet
You cant change the fact that the(western) media is manipulative,biased and its not any different from China or Russia state tv
The west has lost its most important aspect freedom of speech and information

You oversimplify this into mush.

Everyone has bias, it's impossible not to have a bias.

But it is different from China and Russia. Quite a bit, actually, China has banned a lot of the interent, and controls what people see. You won't see the sort of complaining about Putin that you see here levelled at Trump.

Which is not to say you are entirely wrong. I found I had to start reading foreign sources back in the 1960s.

Freedom of the press is a continuum...

And...you didn't respond to the OP. Shit is still shit.
By fokker
This map doesn't seem right to me at all. Eastern EU members enjoy very good level of freedom of press, on par with West, if not better. People rarely get fired for making politically incorrect public statements. I would rank Germany in "noticeable problems" category, definitely not in "good situation", same with northern EU states. Don't take that map seriously.
By Wellsy
Attention is a sort of scarcity in modern life where there is too much information it is difficult to know how to prioritize it alot lf the time.

How many people still reflect on the news cycle event when Trump was being called bubker bitch. These are fleeting nothings to the present. Teah the urgency of the current events and news is immense and makes me wonder a out this own site in following the news cycle. I worry to whlat extent a depth in understanding is derived as much as a breadth of info particular to that news topic.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@Tainari88 no, Palestinian children don't deser[…]

According Indian media Hamas has just offered a p[…]

no , i am not gonna do it. her grandfather was a[…]

did you know it ? shocking information , any comme[…]