Getting real about climate change - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Pollution, global warming, urbanisation etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
"Any solution to the problem requires two interconnected parts. The first and more important is a global tax on CO2 emissions, which would discourage activities that exacerbate global warming and encourage innovation...

One promising idea, which I have suggested previously, would be to establish a World Carbon Bank that would specialize in energy-transition issues and provide technical and financial assistance to poor and middle-income countries...

The scientific evidence increasingly indicates that the world may soon reach a point of no return regarding climate change. So, rather than worrying almost exclusively about economic and political inequality, rich-country citizens need to start thinking about how to deal with global energy inequality before it’s too late."

https://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/global-energy-inequality-carbon-tax-by-kenneth-rogoff-2020-01
.......and provide technical and financial assistance topoor and middle-income all countries...

Fixed.
Remind me again why we are required to pay the poorer countries to clean themselves up? How about we wealthier countries just refuse to sell them carbon producing fuels until they get with the program.

I am not trying to be mean and if Botswana needs a hand with their expenses I have no problem with that. The problem I have is that India and China were on the aid lists.
Drlee wrote:Remind me again why we are required to pay the poorer countries to clean themselves up? How about we wealthier countries just refuse to sell them carbon producing fuels until they get with the program.

I am not trying to be mean and if Botswana needs a hand with their expenses I have no problem with that. The problem I have is that India and China were on the aid lists.

Why do you hate the building of the global economy?
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Two things can be true at once: Russia doesn't ha[…]

Thank goodness saner heads and science is prevaili[…]

4 foot tall Chinese parents are regularly giving b[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]