Dog lovers damage the planet - Page 7 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Pollution, global warming, urbanisation etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Godstud wrote:People HAVE pets. most people come to care and love them, so ownership isn't as much the issue as some hipster like @QatzelOk, would like you to think. :roll: :knife:

People get pets for companionship. That you had one shows that even you have that need.

" I love humans so much that I keep one as a pet.

I take good care of my human - oiling his chains, untying him so he can urinate, letting him go for walks on a leash, feeding him the best bagged food I can find.

And my human loves me back. At mealtime and before pee-walks, he's all smiles and big eyes gazing at me with that look of love."

/mirror
QatzelOk wrote:I have never owned a dog, and stopped "owing' cats after my first one died of old age.

And I stopped owning animals because, in retrospect, I think my cat (and all housepets) live undignified, prison-like existences.

So there's no hypocricy between my texts in this thread and my real -life.

Real hypocricy is saying 'you love animals and respect them' while eating a ham sandwich.

Again you seem to have issues with word definition and analogies. Ham is pork pigs are livestock.

The hypocrisy you display is preaching how you live and the belief you live as a more righteous person. People like you if in power are dangerous to society.
For the record, there are a number or receive places that are animal friendly some were animals are banned where I live. That's as it should be. People with little kids don't want to deal with pups nor ponies, but we all deserve park space, if and only if because we all pay a lot of taxes to support parks.

Finfinder wrote:Again you seem to have issues with word definition and analogies. Ham is pork pigs are livestock.

Ahh, Rufus..We miss you.

Eons ago, a neighbour of mine bought a litter of piglets that were slightly smarter than the man. They routinely escaped, and one or two would find their way over here. It was hot that year, so i'd fill a waterer for the little escapologists. My soft-hearted husband got to the point where he couldn't stand to think of Rufus being reduced to a ham sandwich. He bought the piglet and named her Rufus.

Rufus then adopted my mare, Katie. They rubbed along well together. She loved Apple Danish and cream filled doughnuts, which were thoughtfully abundantly supplied by another neighbour, who is, by profession, a baker. I could have lived without her constantly wanting to sit on my lap, though.

The hypocrisy you display is preaching how you live and the belief you live as a more righteous person. People like you if in power are dangerous to society.

People who get bent out shape like this are a more likely to be a danger unto themselves. ;)
Stormsmith wrote:For the record, there are a number or receive places that are animal friendly some were animals are banned where I live. That's as it should be. People with little kids don't want to deal with pups nor ponies, but we all deserve park space, if and only if because we all pay a lot of taxes to support parks.

Ahh, Rufus..We miss you.

Eons ago, a neighbour of mine bought a litter of piglets that were slightly smarter than the man. They routinely escaped, and one or two would find their way over here. It was hot that year, so i'd fill a waterer for the little escapologists. My soft-hearted husband got to the point where he couldn't stand to think of Rufus being reduced to a ham sandwich. He bought the piglet and named her Rufus.

Rufus then adopted my mare, Katie. They rubbed along well together. She loved Apple Danish and cream filled doughnuts, which were thoughtfully abundantly supplied by another neighbour, who is, by profession, a baker. I could have lived without her constantly wanting to sit on my lap, though.

People who get bent out shape like this are a more likely to be a danger unto themselves. ;)

Who says I'm bent out of shape I post here for my own entertainment. Maybe if you reread my post in the voices of Alvin and the Chipmunks it will bring an entire new mean to you. . BTW pigs are smart they will only crap in 1 section of their pen.
Godstud wrote::lol: You are a sad person, @QatzelOk. :roll:

Actually, I am writing these posts with a feeling of contentment.

But I am trying to explain to pet owners that their pets are living sad lives of imprisonment and loss of dignity.

That you don't want to believe anything that impacts your ability to exploit animals and use them as hug-objects - is why animals (and the environment) are sad.

Try to learn the difference between messenger and message.

Finfinder wrote:The hypocrisy you display is preaching how you live and the belief you live as a more righteous person.

Try to open a dictionary and learn the definition of 'hypocrisy.' It means that your words and actions are very dissimilar or in opposition to one another. As I said, I stopped having pets because I find that it's a type of cruelty to animals, and the animals end up being some kind of cheap whore.
QatzelOk wrote:Try to learn the difference between messenger and message.

Admittedly messengers usually convey a message because they agree with the said message, and more often than not the messengers' character and belief are observed through the messages they convey, even if they do not create the message in concern in the first place.

For this conversation, I fail to see why any "difference between the messenger and the message" needs to be identified and addressed.
QatzelOk wrote:But I am trying to explain to pet owners that their pets are living sad lives of imprisonment and loss of dignity.
That's only your pathetic and moronic belief, and nothing based in reality, or fact. :knife:

The messenger is trying peddle his own dipshit message.
QatzelOk wrote:But I am trying to explain to pet owners that their pets are living sad lives of imprisonment and loss of dignity.

How do you know this?

This is purely anecdotal, but my family's pet cat is with us because he chose and still chooses to be with us. He was a local stray whom we fed from time to time. After a few months, he started coming into the kitchen for food. A few months after that, he moved into the living room and slept there for about 18 hours. After that, he just stayed. We let him out whenever he wants out and let him in whenever he wants in. Maybe I'm missing something, but I fail to see this as "a sad life of imprisonment and loss of dignity." Perhaps you could enlighten me, Qatz...?
About how pets live sad lives of zero dignity, Rancid wrote:How do you know this?

How can you not see this. Try to put yourself in the place of a pet by reading my post above with the chained human paws.

Potemkin wrote:He was a local stray... he started coming into the kitchen for food...I fail to see this as "a sad life of imprisonment and loss of dignity." Perhaps you could enlighten me, Qatz...?

A slave who slipped away from his master, almost starved to death in a human jungle which is not where cats originally come from, and then chose a new master to slave for over certain death?

What a beautiful story about how humans occasionally throw away their slaves, Potemkin.

The Guardian wrote:Dog pounds: the nightmare after Christmas for unwanted pets
A visit to one of London's dog pounds, where abandoned animals are kept for just seven days before being put down, is enough to make anyone cry
Finfinder wrote:Who says I'm bent out of shape I post here for my own entertainment. Maybe if you reread my post in the voices of Alvin and the Chipmunks it will bring an entire new mean to you. . BTW pigs are smart they will only crap in 1 section of their pen.

I apologise for creating misunderstanding, Finfinder.

I wrote to you, but about @QatzelOk
Rancid wrote:How do you know this?

Ah, grasshopper, it's because he's Karnac the animal whisper. He sees all pets, everywhere, knows how we abuse them, what we eat, what they eat.

Take his hyperbolic analysis of our chained paws/hands. Handsome Jock has never been chained. When he came to us, we took him for walks on a leash he could chew through in 30 seconds, if need be. Only on a highway is he leashed. He eats what we eat, although he has access to kitty kibble for breakfast. Some times he wants a snack, sometimes not. His call.

He's never been swatted. Never heard a harsh voice. When teaching him stuff, I rely on consistency and kindness. You know, just like teaching a husband. I would never treat my Handsome Jock disrepectfully. Not like @QatzelOk treats others. :)

Godstud

one year we were visiting a cousin who had a couple of Springer Spaniels. One wasn't feeling too chipper. The vet said he thought it was dietary, recommended some changes, and recommended switching him to cat food. Said it was higher quality. Now, that might not be the same in Thailand, my cousin is British. But Jock likes it. Might be because hubby told Jock it was made from real kitties...

Oh, and avoid giving pupperific stuff from China.
Last edited by Stormsmith on 24 Jan 2020 05:38, edited 1 time in total.
:D @Stormsmith Our dog, Maya, is healthy, happy and chases birds and cats away from her food, all day long. She's lightning quick and likes hiding under our sala, awaiting birds and cats.

She gets leftover food, and we have to good kibble for her. She's lean, and mean(but actually wouldn't nip anyone). Best dog I've ever seen, in way of behavior. You only have to hide sponges, and those ugly Croc shoes, or she chews them to pieces. :lol:

QatzelOk's view of pets is warped and delusional.
Re your Maya and Crocs: obviously she's a fashion conscious lady with good taste!

PS?... what's a sala?
QatzelOk wrote:Actually, I am writing these posts with a feeling of contentment.

But I am trying to explain to pet owners that their pets are living sad lives of imprisonment and loss of dignity.

Then explain how you possibly see this picture of my dog wandering contentedly, without constraint, in the water as imprisonment???
Or loss of dignity.

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]