Election 2020 - Page 56 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
User avatar
By Drlee
#15061392
@maz is offended by Biden describing drunk driving as not a felony.

Then posts an article that shows that drunk driving is, in fact, not a felony.


Yup. But that is not the point.

The point is that drunk driving ought to result in deportation of an illegal alien. Breathing ought to. Being here illegally is a good enough reason to deport someone. BUT

A person who is in the country illegally, and who comes to the attention of ICE should be processed for deportation. At that point it falls to the illegal alien to offer evidence that it is in the best interest of the country to grant him the privilege of staying here. Having a good job and citizen-children would argue in his/her favor. Getting arrested against it.

We will have these endless arguments until we fix the system. Reagan could see that and offered a program of amnesty for millions of them. The modern republican party sees them simply as a vote-getting tool to be pulled out every election time and left in their indentured servitude the rest of the time.

This comment by Biden pretty much rules out his running for office and may actually cost the democrats the entire election. Of course he became instantly unelectable with this comment. The commercials that will spring from this whether directed against Biden or "democrats favor letting illegal alien drunk drivers go free...." could very much put districts that were likely democrat in contention. My personal opinion is that this alone may be the end of the democrat's hopes for 2020. I see no defense by any democratic candidate for this.

It was virtually inevitable that Biden or someone else would do this eventually. Though I will go through the motions I actually believe that this will be the moment I think of when I consider my loss of interest in the election. Up to this point it was the absurd impeachment hearings which by themselves could hand the election to Trump though possibly costing him a couple of senate seats.
User avatar
By maz
#15061404
Pants-of-dog wrote:@maz is offended by Biden describing drunk driving as not a felony.

Then posts an article that shows that drunk driving is, in fact, not a felony.

Lol


It can be a felony depending on a lot of factors. It's worth noting that your country used to be very strict about letting Americans enter if they had a DWI or DUI conviction or simply a DWI-DUI ARREST.

Drlee wrote:Yup. But that is not the point.

This comment by Biden pretty much rules out his running for office and may actually cost the democrats the entire election. Of course he became instantly unelectable with this comment. The commercials that will spring from this whether directed against Biden or "democrats favor letting illegal alien drunk drivers go free...." could very much put districts that were likely democrat in contention. My personal opinion is that this alone may be the end of the democrat's hopes for 2020. I see no defense by any democratic candidate for this.


This was my point exactly.

If I get caught drunk driving, it is very likely that I am going to arrested if the police have even a remote suspicion that I am under the influence.

From there I am either going to have to chose to spend thousands of dollars fighting a 1st time misdemeanor conviction, or be coerced into entering a plea bargain and still spend thousands of dollars to restore my rights to drive.

I know a person who had their life completely derailed by drunk driving convictions.

Joe Biden is not just saying that illegals who get caught drunk driving shouldn't be deported, he's saying that they shouldn't even be arrested. That's completely insane and an affront to any Americans who have lost family members to drunk drivers.

Again, where are Mothers Against Drunk Driving on Joe Biden and the Democrat party? I see that they still have an active phone number on their website. I am going to try can get a live person on the line today to see if I can get a statement.
By Finfinder
#15061410
How is it possible that a rich white completely corrupt Joe Biden is in the mix for being president? It's only going to get worse from here, Joe Bidens entire career has been a pay to play scheme. And on another note emails have linked Obama Joe Biden and the Ukraine whistle blower to a White House meeting. It's a never ending slow nasty drip with this guy.

Hillary 2020
By late
#15061413
Finfinder wrote:
How is it possible that a rich white completely corrupt Joe Biden is in the mix for being president? It's only going to get worse from here, Joe Bidens entire career has been a pay to play scheme. And on another note emails have linked Obama Joe Biden and the Ukraine whistle blower to a White House meeting. It's a never ending slow nasty drip with this guy.


Hillary 2020



Biden is typical. Delaware punches above it's weight class by being super friendly to corporations. Which means he is center Right, roughly where the East Coast Republican establishment was in the 60s and 70s. Business friendly and supporting some social legislation.

Which means he's close to the bottom of my preference list.

The weird thing is Trump is beyond corrupt. He's raking in hundreds of millions by selling our foreign policy. Look at what the Saudi got for bailing out Kushner's 666 disaster.

IOW, you are projecting like crazy.

Talking about Hillary is just plain dumb at this point. You know better.

You've been played.
By Finfinder
#15061417
late wrote:Biden is typical. Delaware punches above it's weight class by being super friendly to corporations. Which means he is center Right, roughly where the East Coast Republican establishment was in the 60s and 70s. Business friendly and supporting some social legislation.

Which means he's close to the bottom of my preference list.

The weird thing is Trump is beyond corrupt. He's raking in hundreds of millions by selling our foreign policy. Look at what the Saudi got for bailing out Kushner's 666 disaster.

IOW, you are projecting like crazy.

Talking about Hillary is just plain dumb at this point. You know better.

You've been played.


Do you have any argument at all or just ad hominems towards the poster?
This is about Biden 98% of this section is anti Trump threads you have plenty of places to vent and post about Trump.
You are saying its typical for someone to get into politics poor and then their entire family becomes extremely wealthy multi time millionaires. You are saying Joe Biden is not corrupt?

Ive been played how so because I make a dark horse prediction Hillary will come into the race. Thats an odd thing to say. Your entire post is all over the place.
By late
#15061421
Finfinder wrote:
Do you have any argument at all or just ad hominems towards the poster?
This is about Biden 98% of this section is anti Trump threads you have plenty of places to vent and post about Trump.
You are saying its typical for someone to get into politics poor and then their entire family becomes extremely wealthy multi time millionaires. You are saying Joe Biden is not corrupt?

Ive been played how so because I make a dark horse prediction Hillary will come into the race. Thats an odd thing to say. Your entire post is all over the place.



Is your reading comprehension really that bad???

I just said Biden is about the last person I want to see representing me. I was also saying he is pretty corrupt. Although not in the crude way you think about such things.

You fell victim to propaganda.

Hillary never had a chance, that was obvious, if you understand even the basics of presidential politics. Her recent outburst illustrates her frustration at being shut out.
Last edited by late on 24 Jan 2020 18:33, edited 1 time in total.
By late
#15061424
Finfinder wrote:
I'll take this is as you have no argument other than comments about the poster.



I just said Biden is about the last person I want to see representing me. I was also saying he is pretty corrupt. Although not in the crude way you think about such things.

You fell victim to propaganda.

Hillary never had a chance, that was obvious, if you understand even the basics of presidential politics. Her recent outburst illustrates her frustration at being shut out.

Can you go a day, just one day, without shoveling blatant BS?
By Finfinder
#15061425
late wrote:I just said Biden is about the last person I want to see representing me. I was also saying he is pretty corrupt. Although not in the crude way you think about such things.

You fell victim to propaganda.

Hillary never had a chance, that was obvious, if you understand even the basics of presidential politics. Her recent outburst illustrates her frustration at being shut out.

Can you go a day, just one day, without shoveling blatant BS?


I was waiting for you to make an argument and explain why Joe Biden entire family is now wealthy and specifically detail calling me out on my bull shit. Obviously you are here for that so I'll give you the appropriate attention you deserve going forward.



Its a fun dark horse prediction you really take this stuff so seriously have a drink mellow out dude why are you attacking people lol chill this for fun. .
Last edited by Finfinder on 24 Jan 2020 18:48, edited 1 time in total.
By late
#15061427
Finfinder wrote:
chill this for fun.



Apparently so is disaster...

This is not about entertainment, it's about holding the country together when lunatics want to rip it apart.
By Finfinder
#15061429
late wrote:Apparently so is disaster...

This is not about entertainment, it's about holding the country together when lunatics want to rip it apart.


Yes it is, this is a free discussion forum and community the people that own it give us the privilege to post here for our entertainment and enlightenment.
By Pants-of-dog
#15061432
Drlee wrote:Yup. But that is not the point.

The point is that drunk driving ought to result in deportation of an illegal alien. Breathing ought to. Being here illegally is a good enough reason to deport someone. BUT

A person who is in the country illegally, and who comes to the attention of ICE should be processed for deportation. At that point it falls to the illegal alien to offer evidence that it is in the best interest of the country to grant him the privilege of staying here. Having a good job and citizen-children would argue in his/her favor. Getting arrested against it.

We will have these endless arguments until we fix the system. Reagan could see that and offered a program of amnesty for millions of them. The modern republican party sees them simply as a vote-getting tool to be pulled out every election time and left in their indentured servitude the rest of the time.

This comment by Biden pretty much rules out his running for office and may actually cost the democrats the entire election. Of course he became instantly unelectable with this comment. The commercials that will spring from this whether directed against Biden or "democrats favor letting illegal alien drunk drivers go free...." could very much put districts that were likely democrat in contention. My personal opinion is that this alone may be the end of the democrat's hopes for 2020. I see no defense by any democratic candidate for this.

It was virtually inevitable that Biden or someone else would do this eventually. Though I will go through the motions I actually believe that this will be the moment I think of when I consider my loss of interest in the election. No Up to this point it was the absurd impeachment hearings which by themselves could hand the election to Trump though possibly costing him a couple of senate seats.


It seems that Biden is appealing to those Democrats who want to look easygoing about immigrants.

While this sort of comment will definitely disqualify him from getting votes from anti-immigrant and anti-immigration Republicans, those people were never going to vote for Biden anyway.

He can always promise something else if he gets the nomination. Mind you, he has one obstacle that Trump does not: he has to be at least a little bit honest and logically consistent.

------------------

maz wrote:It can be a felony depending on a lot of factors.


Yes, the quoted article mentions that.

Are you arguing that it should always be a felony.

It's worth noting that your country used to be very strict about letting Americans enter if they had a DWI or DUI conviction or simply a DWI-DUI ARREST.


You seem to like the tu quoque fallacy.

This was my point exactly.

If I get caught drunk driving, it is very likely that I am going to arrested if the police have even a remote suspicion that I am under the influence.

From there I am either going to have to chose to spend thousands of dollars fighting a 1st time misdemeanor conviction, or be coerced into entering a plea bargain and still spend thousands of dollars to restore my rights to drive.

I know a person who had their life completely derailed by drunk driving convictions.


I think you are confusing being arrested with being charged with a crime.

Joe Biden is not just saying that illegals who get caught drunk driving shouldn't be deported, he's saying that they shouldn't even be arrested. That's completely insane and an affront to any Americans who have lost family members to drunk drivers.

Again, where are Mothers Against Drunk Driving on Joe Biden and the Democrat party? I see that they still have an active phone number on their website. I am going to try can get a live person on the line today to see if I can get a statement.


This interpretation seems like a stretch.

Fortunately, everyone can simply read his words for themselves and do not need to rely on your interpretation.
User avatar
By maz
#15061453
Pants-of-dog wrote:Are you arguing that it should always be a felony.


No I am not arguing that it should always be a considered a felony. Illegal aliens are often KILLING people when they are driving under the influence. Newspapers from Arizona, Texas and New Mexico you can read these horror stories on a weekly basis.

Pants-of-dog wrote:I think you are confusing being arrested with being charged with a crime.


What happens when a person gets arrested after drinking and driving?

Pants-of-dog wrote:This interpretation seems like a stretch.

Fortunately, everyone can simply read his words for themselves and do not need to rely on your interpretation.


Biden: Illegal immigrants convicted of DUI can stay in the country

Did Joe Biden just condone drinking and driving?

In Biden’s latest stance about what he’d do if he’s elected as president, he reportedly told Vice News that he wouldn’t deport illegals convicted of drunk driving. His rationale for this is because drunk driving isn’t a felony in his book, and thus immigration officials shouldn’t have to deal with it.

There are so many things wrong in that sentence. So let’s break it down.

On January 20, Biden was featured on a Vice News hosted event in Iowa that focused on “voters of color”.

Biden dropped his two-cents on illegal immigrants getting arrested and deported for committing crimes:

“[ICE Agents should] only arrest for the purpose of dealing with a felony that’s committed [in the United States], and I don’t count drunk driving as a felony.”

So, does Joe Biden intend to ignore all the laws that could in fact make drunk driving a felony offense? Like repeat offenses, instances where someone is hurt or killed… the list goes on.

Drunk driving kills Americans, plain and simple. Over 10,000 people die annually from drunk drivers – that’s a figure not far off from murder rates by all firearms combined.

I figure that someone so scared of guns killing people would certainly consider those weaponizing their vehicles as threats to be removed from the country if possible.

The numbers don’t lie, as a 2019 end-of-year report from ICE showed 49,106 criminal convictions for DUIs, alongside 39,717 traffic violations, 47,453 “dangerous drugs” convictions, and 26,156 assault charges. Those DUI convictions can lead to deportations that keep the roads safer and alleviate costs of harboring illegals.

The irony in all this is that Biden managed to make MADD mad. The group known as Mothers Against Drunk Driving, abbreviated as MADD, issued a statement after Biden made the comments about not calling drunk driving a felony.

“Drunk driving is the Number 1 killer on America’s roads and a violent crime that MADD believes should be punished to the fullest extent of the law, regardless of the offender’s immigration status.”


And Biden says he wouldn’t just stop at ignoring crimes committed by illegal immigrants. He actually talked about firing immigration officers who arrest people that are illegally in the country at the event as well. His rationale is that someone who is here illegally should be able to remain illegally, unless they do something felonious – and officers who arrest illegals while betraying that directive need to be fired.

Waging a war against immigration entities within the Department of Homeland Security does nothing for actual citizens of the country. The leniency against illegal aliens that have drunk driving arrests and convictions has gone on far too long.

Take, for example, that of the 800,000 illegal immigrants who obtained DACA work permits during the Obama years, 4,210 of them had drunk driving arrests. Then you’ve got sanctuary cities and states that just let illegal drunk drivers back on the street, with activist attorneys that claim a DUI doesn’t justify a deportation.

This is just insane, considering that the only justification needed for deportation is someone being here illegally. There’s no need to make an issue more complicated than need be – no matter how said person makes their presence known to immigration authorities, they should be subject to deportation.

There have been several examples in the news that have highlighted the dangers of illegal immigrants who have driven drunk, causing some serious harm.

In July 2017, there was 32-year-old Nemias Garcia-Velasco who was arrested and charged with vehicular homicide. That act wound up killing a 58-year-old father of three, Silvano Torres.

In early 2016, illegal alien Eswin Mejia fled the country after being able to post bail in Omaha for killing 21-year-old Sarah Root while driving drunk. The young girl died just one day after graduating from Bellvue University with a 4.0 GPA and a B.S. in crime investigation.

Then, just months ago, we had an example of a man killing two lawful immigrants via drunk driving. 25-year-old Juan Rodea-Cruz was allegedly driving drunk down the wrong side of the road in Clarendon Hills, Illinois on October 20th, killing 26-year-old Marko Boskovic and 25-year-old Laura Uribe from the impact.

We even lost 26-year-old Indianapolis Colts Linebacker Edwin Jackson in a crash caused by an illegal alien years back. 37-year-old Mexican national Alex Cabrera Gonsales killed both Jackson and 54-year-old Jeffrey Monroe by crashing his Ford F-150 into them while being intoxicated.

This isn’t just an issue of politics; drunk driving literally kills people. If the country has an opportunity to remove risks that stem from people that shouldn’t even be here to begin with, then it’s time to start deporting them.



I guess I don't need to call MADD now!
By Pants-of-dog
#15061460
maz wrote:No I am not arguing that it should always be a considered a felony. Illegal aliens are often KILLING people when they are driving under the influence. Newspapers from Arizona, Texas and New Mexico you can read these horror stories on a weekly basis.


So it should only be a felony when a Latino is driving?

What happens when a person gets arrested after drinking and driving?


Do you understand that a person can be charged with DUI even though they do not get arrested?

Biden: Illegal immigrants convicted of DUI can stay in the country

I guess I don't need to call MADD now!


I have no idea why you quoted that.

Yes, you found another person on the internet who made the same errors in interpretation you did. Congratulations?

This does not change the fact that people can look at his words and decide for themselves what he means.
User avatar
By Drlee
#15061477
Do you understand that a person can be charged with DUI even though they do not get arrested?


No. Actually not. If you are referring to being cited for DUI and not transported to the police station, it would be highly unusual. The drunk driver is taken into custody and given a test to prove or disprove the allegation that he/she is DUI. This is an arrest under the law. Sometimes an arrest results in someone being released on their own recognizance. This is true with a speeding ticket and sometimes a DUI. They are both still under arrest, just not required to post bond. They agree to appear in court to face charges that have been filed.

But the whole DUI business is a ruse. An unnecessary qualifier. The problem is that when ICE determines that someone is in the country illegally, whether they overstayed their visa or swam the Rio Grande, they should be processed for deportation. Whether or not they are deported should be up to the immigration courts.

All of the sob stories about a child fearing that their mother may be arrested while going to school to pick them up does not alter the fact that the person detained is subject to deportation.

NOW. Did I say anything at all about what ought to happen once they are detained by ICE? Not yet. The answer should not lie in the courts, immigration or otherwise. The answer lies in congress. Neither party wants to fix the problem because the solution for both is a loosing political issue. As I said....Reagan chose an extensive amnesty. My opinion is that the best answer for my country lies in a similar solution; allowing many if not most illegals to remain in the US. My opinion is meaningless.

Until we have a political solution to this there will be no good solutions. Many productive people will be harmed. The answer lies in the control of the House, Senate and Presidency by the democrats. Why them? Because they are the only party that can forward the appropriate solution. The republicans are captured by their wealthy donors who want illegal immigration and profit by it and their rank and file whose racism and/or xenophobia compels them to oppose any solution that allows brown people to stay.
By Pants-of-dog
#15061480
Drlee wrote:No. Actually not. If you are referring to being cited for DUI and not transported to the police station, it would be highly unusual. The drunk driver is taken into custody and given a test to prove or disprove the allegation that he/she is DUI. This is an arrest under the law. Sometimes an arrest results in someone being released on their own recognizance. This is true with a speeding ticket and sometimes a DUI. They are both still under arrest, just not required to post bond. They agree to appear in court to face charges that have been filed.


Please provide evidence for this claim. Thanks.

But the whole DUI business is a ruse. An unnecessary qualifier. The problem is that when ICE determines that someone is in the country illegally, whether they overstayed their visa or swam the Rio Grande, they should be processed for deportation. Whether or not they are deported should be up to the immigration courts.

All of the sob stories about a child fearing that their mother may be arrested while going to school to pick them up does not alter the fact that the person detained is subject to deportation.

NOW. Did I say anything at all about what ought to happen once they are detained by ICE? Not yet. The answer should not lie in the courts, immigration or otherwise. The answer lies in congress. Neither party wants to fix the problem because the solution for both is a loosing political issue. As I said....Reagan chose an extensive amnesty. My opinion is that the best answer for my country lies in a similar solution; allowing many if not most illegals to remain in the US. My opinion is meaningless.

Until we have a political solution to this there will be no good solutions. Many productive people will be harmed. The answer lies in the control of the House, Senate and Presidency by the democrats. Why them? Because they are the only party that can forward the appropriate solution. The republicans are captured by their wealthy donors who want illegal immigration and profit by it and their rank and file whose racism and/or xenophobia compels them to oppose any solution that allows brown people to stay.


I doubt the Democrats will do better.

While the Democrats like to appear that they are more easygoing about immigration, I think Obama was harder on migrants than Trimp has been.

Both sides want to keep the border porous, while keeping local workers from organising with migrant workers.
User avatar
By Drlee
#15061481
Please provide evidence for this claim. Thanks.


I am not going to play this game. If you wish to dispute what I said, please cite your proof.

Traffic tickets are arrests. They are a summons to appear in court without posting bond but the penalty for not appearing is the exact same penalty as that of a person who is in jail, makes bond and then skips on the bond.

Please do not try that shit on me POD. I know it is your go-to method of dismissing inconvenient truth.

@Pants-of-dog I doubt the Democrats will do better.


Oh they would do much better. Evidence the Dream Act. This is a mere first step but it is much better than the Republican attempt to disassemble it.

While the Democrats like to appear that they are more easygoing about immigration, I think Obama was harder on migrants than Trump has been.


The deportations are about the same. Enforcement about the same. Treatment of immigrants in custody far worse under Trump.

Neither do substantial workplace enforcement therefor neither is serious about immigration. Still. If I were the parent of an anchor child I would be more hopeful under a democratic administration than under a republican one.





Both sides want to keep the border porous, while keeping local workers from organising with migrant workers.
User avatar
By Hindsite
#15061495
Godstud wrote:Horse shit. That's why there is absolutely no medical evidence that this was ever there, right? :roll: By the gods, you are naive.

Trump made up injury to dodge Vietnam service, his former lawyer testifies
https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pent ... m-vietnam/

Podiatrist's daughters say bone spur diagnosis that helped Trump avoid Vietnam draft was 'favor'
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 420475002/

I believe those stories are all lies.
User avatar
By Drlee
#15061516
I believe those stories are all lies.


Of course you do. You "claim" to be a retired soldier and you believe that what you read in Military Times is a lie.

Care to explain to us why over 50% of the military dislike President Trump? I would love to hear your explanation.
#15061523
Drlee wrote:
Of course you do. You "claim" to be a retired soldier and you believe that what you read in Military Times is a lie.

Care to explain to us why over 50% of the military dislike President Trump? I would love to hear your explanation.
He will just say the survey is a lie.
  • 1
  • 54
  • 55
  • 56
  • 57
  • 58
  • 216

And... that's the real Jesus. It's all over, boys![…]

@KurtFF8 Maybe he means this fascist criteria...[…]

"Marketing disinformation as an academic, gov[…]

I wonder how this new justice will stand on the is[…]