Jussie Smollett Re-indicted For Hate Hoax - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
When I heard that failed hate hoaxer Jussie Smollet was Re-indicted on six charges after he originally got his charges dropped, I couldn't help but almost feel bad for him.

Then I laughed at the possibility of the special prosecutor waiting all this time just to re-indicted Smollet during Black History month just for lulz :excited: but then I realized that it may be timed to interfere with the DA's re-election.

Former 'Empire' actor Jussie Smollett indicted again by grand jury in Chicago

Former "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett was indicted Tuesday by a grand jury in Chicago after a special prosecutor re-investigated allegations hefalsely reported being the victim of a January 2019 hate-crime attack, officials said.

Smollett, 37, was indicted on six counts of disorderly conduct related to making four separate false reports to Chicago Police Department officers, claiming he was the victim of a hate crime while "knowing he was not the victim of a crime," special prosecutor Dan Webb said in a statement on Tuesday.

Webb was appointed by a Cook County judge to continue looking into the case after the Cook County State's Attorney Office dropped all charges against the actor.

Webb said the Office of the Special Prosecutor has "now completed all of its investigative steps regarding Jussie Smollett, and has made the decision to further prosecute Mr. Smollett."

He said his office has made arrangements with Smollett's attorneys for the actor to voluntarily appear at an arraignment Feb. 24 in the Criminal Division of Cook County Circuit Court.

Smollett's attorney Tina Glandian questioned the "integrity of the investigation," noting that the same Chicago police detectives involved in the previous probe conducted the investigation that prompted the new charges.

"After more than five months of investigation, the Office of the Special Prosecutor has not found any evidence of wrongdoing whatsoever related to the dismissal of the charges against Mr. Smollett," Glandian said in a statement. "Rather, the charges were appropriately dismissed the first time because they were not supported by the evidence."

Webb's investigation began Aug. 23, after Cook County Circuit Court Judge Michael Toomin appointed him special prosecutor.

Toomin directed Webb to launch an independent investigation to determine whether Smollett should be further prosecuted for the allegedly false reports he made to police and whether "any person or office involved in the Smollett case engaged in wrongdoing, including the Cook County State's Attorney's Office or individuals in that office," Webb's statement reads.

Webb said the grand jury's investigation revealed Smollett "planned and participated in a staged hate-crime attack."

Smollett made "numerous false statements to Chicago Police Department officers on multiple occasions, reporting a heinous hate crime he, in fact, knew had not occurred," according to Webb.

The special prosecutor determined that "reasonable grounds exist" to further prosecute Smollett "in the interest of justice."

In deciding whether to pursue further charges against Smollett, Webb weighed the "extensive nature of Mr. Smollett's false police reports" and the resources expended by the Chicago Police Department" to investigate his bogus claims, Webb's statement reads.

Webb reached "no conclusions" on whether the Office of the Cook County State's Attorney or individuals in the office "engaged in any wrongdoing in connection with the Smollett investigation."

Another "major factor" in determining whether to prosecute Smollett was that the office of the Cook County State's Attorney was unable to provide to the special prosecutor evidence of similar cases that showed Smollett received no special treatment.

Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx, who has been campaigning for reelection ahead of the March 17 Democratic primary, spoke out Wednesday morning on the new indictment, saying her office filed 16 counts of disorderly conduct against Smollett.

It seems like the big debate among the entertainment class, specifically the ultra-woke sector, is whether Smollett should even face punishment. One wahmen says that Smollett should not even face punishment because the police allegedly bought Dylan Storm Roof Burger King before they took him to jail. They are really struggling over this issue.

A few flashbacks from that time:

The Mariner wrote:He should be charged, tried, convicted and sentenced to a minimum of five years with no parole.

:knife: prison is a little extreme for a victimless crime. He should just be made to cover the expenses of the investigation, given a heavy fine, and sentenced to a few thousand hours of community service working with people who actually are victims of violent crimes so he learns why it's wrong to hoax hate crimes and tell crazy fucking lies.
Sivad wrote::knife: prison is a little extreme for a victimless crime. He should just be made to cover the expenses of the investigation, given a heavy fine, and sentenced to a few thousand hours of community service working with people who actually are victims of violent crimes so he learns why it's wrong to hoax hate crimes and tell crazy fucking lies.

I understand that's your opinion.

I vehemently disagree with it.

It's not only the violent crimes aspect here, but also the racial component. This was a hate crime, as he falsely stated that his assailants were white. It should be prosecuted and adjudicated accordingly.
Indy wrote:
It's not only the violent crimes aspect here, but also the racial component. This was a hate crime

he made a false police report, that's not a violent crime on its face. You'd have to show that he caused actual harm to someone to justify incarceraton. He does deserve punishment but we shouldn't be vindictive about it.
Sivad wrote:he made a false police report, that's not a violent crime on its face. You'd have to show that he caused actual harm to someone to justify incarceraton. He does deserve punishment but we shouldn't be vindictive about it.

Yes, we should.

We should make it clear that making false reports about race will not be tolerated and will be dealt with harshly. Tawana Brawley did it and got a slap on the wrist.

Five years in prison, and he should consider that a gift.
Sivad wrote:he made a false police report, that's not a violent crime on its face. You'd have to show that he caused actual harm to someone to justify incarceraton. He does deserve punishment but we shouldn't be vindictive about it.

15 years ago I would have agreed with you Sivad, until I read about the passage of hate crime laws and how they have been used over the years.

Man charged with hate crime for yelling at Jewish couple in New York City

(JTA) — A man was arrested for yelling and cursing at a Jewish couple in midtown Manhattan near Times Square.

Vernon Stevens, 55, who has at least five prior arrests, was charged with aggravated harassment and a hate crime, police told the New York Post.

The incident occurred at about 10 p.m. on Friday. When a 16-year-old witness went to alert nearby police officers on patrol, Stevens called the couple “F***|ing Jews!” unnamed sources told the Post.

If we are going to levy harsh penalties against people who have experienced no physical harm, then why not have these laws equally distributed in similar incidents.

maz wrote:15 years ago I would have agreed with you Sivad, until I read about the passage of hate crime laws and how they have been used over the years.

yeah, but two wrongs don't make a right. Someone's gonna have to start being reasonable or its just gonna descend into total madness.
Sivad wrote:

:knife: prison is a little extreme for a victimless crime. He should just be made to cover the expenses of the investigation, given a heavy fine, and sentenced to a few thousand hours of community service working with people who actually are victims of violent crimes so he learns why it's wrong to hoax hate crimes and tell crazy fucking lies.

I agree. This sounds proportional.
Sivad wrote::knife: prison is a little extreme for a victimless crime.

Every White person on the planet is a victim and of course as we saw with the genocide of the Tutsis, you don't have to be exactly 100% White to be a victim of White genocide. But people say that's totally demented.Yes indeed it is. But its the same demented logic that sentenced Leon Trotsky to death for being a Nazi. Its the same logic or illogic that led the Khmer Rouge to genocide their ethnic Vietnamese and the Vietnamese Communists to throw the Hoa into the sea.

White, Colonialist, Kulak, Imperialist, Capitalist, the lefties use many names to justify their genocidal hatred. But the resistance to Marxism both original and Cultural is awakening.
Sivad wrote:You'd have to show that he caused actual harm to someone to justify incarceraton.

He apparently caused lots of psychic harm to maz he still couldn't cope with, only god knows how many such sensitive snowflakes he represents here.
Rich wrote:Every White person on the planet is a victim and of course as we saw with the genocide of the Tutsis, you don't have to be exactly 100% White to be a victim of White genocide.
What a load of bullshit. They weren't even slightly "white", as we know it. Not even fucking close genetically, or otherwise.

Real White...

Tutsi
The Tutsi, or Abatutsi, are a social class or ethnic group of the African Great Lakes region. Historically, they were often referred to as the Watutsi, Watusi, Wahuma, Wahima or the Wahinda.

Rich wrote:But the resistance to Marxism both original and Cultural is awakening.
I see you couldn't resist bringing in your incessantly stupid Cultural Marxism Conspiracy Theory into something unrelated. :knife: :knife: :knife:

Smollett does deserve some punishment for the hoax.
Rancid wrote:I stopped reading right here. :lol:

Jesus, get out of town with this shit.

I don't see it as a "victim" thing.

But you have to admit that, at a time when blacks are shouting the loudest about how they're always getting the shit end of the stick, Smollet's actions make it a little bit easier to stop caring.

And who does that help?

Put him in jail. Make an example out of him.
Last edited by Big Steve-2 on 14 Feb 2020 14:34, edited 1 time in total.
The Mariner wrote:Put him in jail. Make an example out of him.

Sure, because what he did was such a horrendous transgression against America that is great again, otherwise no one else was hurt actually. However, if it had worked for him, he could have won some black actor award or something. Have you considered the death penalty for him, by the way?
Beren wrote:Sure, because what he did was such a horrendous transgression against America that is great again, otherwise no one else was hurt actually. However, if it had worked for him, he could have won some black actor award or something. Have you considered the death penalty for him, by the way?

No, because that's stupid.

What's not stupid is making an example out of him. At a time when the left is whining so loudly about racism in this country, this little pinhead tries to drive a wedge into that even further. And why? Because he was unhappy with his paycheck. He did it all for personal gain, and he was all too happy to use his race to try to improve his personal situation.

If a gay white actor had done that, and lied about being attacked by a group of blacks, the left would be calling for his head on a pike.
The Mariner wrote:But you have to admit that, at a time when blacks are shouting the loudest about how they're always getting the shit end of the stick, Smollet's actions make it a little bit easier to stop caring.

I agree ,we need to go back to the days where black people were scared to speak up and would sit on the back of the bus. We need blacks to be good and quiet, and know their place.

Only whites should be allowed to protest.

MAGA!

You seem to be choosing to believe that blacks have absolutely nothing to protest about. Although I'm sure you have members of this community that are stupid and protesting about things that are unjustified (like Jussie). There is plenty of stuff that is totally justifiable and right for them to be "shouting" about. You allow your biases to take over and simply believe because Jussie is a moron, all blacks are, and have nothing to protest about.

The Mariner wrote:And who does that help?
Put him in jail. Make an example out of him.

How does putting him in jail help anyone (except the for profit prison system)?
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]

@Rugoz A compromise with Putin is impossibl[…]