Election 2020 - Page 65 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Wulfschilde
annatar1914 wrote:I'm going out on a limb here, but Bloomberg has an very excellent chance of buying the nomination from the DNC in a brokered convention, in order to stop Sanders. It all depends on how Biden (the Establishment's first ideal choice) does the next few states. And how Sanders does relative to that.

I think Bernie is going to trounce him so it doesnt matter.
By blackjack21
maz wrote:It's got to be very demoralizing to them to have championed "getting big money out of politics" and then watching Bloomberg enter the race and throw his money around. It is funny to imagine them uncomfortably cheering on Bloomberg and having to go along with all his weird positions just because they hate Trump so much.

He's straight up buying people. One black activist said he was offered $70k a year salary + health insurance just to be an "adviser" to the campaign. So you can imagine the most unlikely of people who will be championing Bloomberg. It's frankly incredible.

maz wrote:Bloomberg running for president is cartoonish to me. He is a Jewish billionaire who was Republican, is pro police state, pro censorship, pro war, hates blacks, is a total authoritarian, has made it his lifelong mission to the disarm middle class, appears to have no redeeming qualities, is alien and generally unlikable just as a person. He is also an elitist who looks down on farmers.

Yeah. I saw that too. :lol: He also apparently hates women, pregnant women even more.

maz wrote:I wonder who he hates more; white farmers or blacks :lol:

Pregnant women. "Kill it!"

fokker wrote:Clinton may be able to attract her previous voters + female vote as usual. Bloomberg will not be loved by minorities, but he expects that people will fall in line and vote for him instead of Trump. It makes sense to put a former Republican against Trump, as Bloomberg may be able to get moderate Republicans who would otherwise vote for Trump, who don't like his scandalous behavior, tweets and secret recordings (grabbing women by the pu**y..). Is Bloomberg racist? What about Trump? Is he really better? Bloomberg is at least a better manager. Let's not be naive how kind these rich people are.

Trump has a lot of black friends. Bloomberg? None. However, Bloomberg will buy some black friends, which will be absolutely hilarious to watch. Bloomberg was recorded only two years ago about throwing black kids up against the wall, minorities are 95% of the crime rate, etc. The campaign ads in October are going to rival the Willie Horton ads of 1988. It's going to be epic.

Wulfschilde wrote:He skipped the debates, skips the first few primaries and then thinks he can get all these people behind him.

Voters? That remains to be seen. Consultants, media analysts, staffers, etc? He's already spent $400M. It's absolutely comical.

annatar1914 wrote:I'm going out on a limb here, but Bloomberg has an very excellent chance of buying the nomination from the DNC in a brokered convention, in order to stop Sanders. It all depends on how Biden (the Establishment's first ideal choice) does the next few states. And how Sanders does relative to that.

Yeah, the Sanders people are already concerned that they are going to repeat the Nevada theft from 2016.

Wulfschilde wrote:I think Bernie is going to trounce him so it doesnt matter.

I hope so, but either way it's going to be highly entertaining.
By annatar1914
blackjack21 wrote:

Yeah, the Sanders people are already concerned that they are going to repeat the Nevada theft from 2016.

They should be. The DNC is too corrupt to not continue they way it has operated in the past, because it has worked for them in the past. So they'll keep on until they're stopped, likely by numbers of them serving lengthy jail terms and getting beat in election after election. The Whig and Federalist parties collapsed in their time, and nothing says the Democratic party can't follow them into the dustbin of history.
By blackjack21
annatar1914 wrote:They should be. The DNC is too corrupt to not continue they way it has operated in the past, because it has worked for them in the past. So they'll keep on until they're stopped, likely by numbers of them serving lengthy jail terms and getting beat in election after election. The Whig and Federalist parties collapsed in their time, and nothing says the Democratic party can't follow them into the dustbin of history.

I think the millennials are fracturing the party, because they grew up with all the political correctness the rest of us loath. The issue is whether or not the fragmentation will persist. Gay marriage, for example, evolved into transgenderism and men competing in women's athletics, etc. Nancy Pelosi does not appear to know how to keep a coalition like that together, and as much as I enjoy watching her flounder, I wouldn't necessarily say it's her fault personally. The Republican base was not thrilled with Boehner or Ryan either, but with Trump and McCarthy working together, the Republicans are much more united in 2020 than they were in 2016. The Democrats only agree on their hatred of Trump.

For the Democrats to go the way of the Federalists, the Whigs, the Know Nothings, etc. the left has to keep up pressure on "wokeness" and white working class voters will have to persistently stay away from the Democrats. Additionally, voting blocs like blacks will have to stop voting as blocs. An upper middle class black isn't really voting his or her interest in the Democratic party anymore. Frankly, the seem to represent Wall Street, global free trade, open borders, and non-traditional sexual identities. It's a pretty weird party at this point.
By annatar1914
@blackjack21 , you said in reply to me that;

I think the millennials are fracturing the party, because they grew up with all the political correctness the rest of us loath. The issue is whether or not the fragmentation will persist. Gay marriage, for example, evolved into transgenderism and men competing in women's athletics, etc.

Well, they are the younger people and were raised the way they were raised (I was born in 1969 myself). But two interrelated factors might turn even them around;

1. Reality-growing up

2. Economic hard times-and war

Nancy Pelosi does not appear to know how to keep a coalition like that together, and as much as I enjoy watching her flounder, I wouldn't necessarily say it's her fault personally.

She is a vulture at the feast, and has been for a very long time, so her hard time displaying her ineptitude holding this coalition of freaks and geeks together is richly deserved, and then some.

The Republican base was not thrilled with Boehner or Ryan either, but with Trump and McCarthy working together, the Republicans are much more united in 2020 than they were in 2016. The Democrats only agree on their hatred of Trump.

Trump's base knows something that the GOP establishment is just beginning to figure out; if Trump told his voters that he wanted to form another party, that would be the end of the Republican party overnight.

For the Democrats to go the way of the Federalists, the Whigs, the Know Nothings, etc. the left has to keep up pressure on "wokeness" and white working class voters will have to persistently stay away from the Democrats. Additionally, voting blocs like blacks will have to stop voting as blocs. An upper middle class black isn't really voting his or her interest in the Democratic party anymore. Frankly, the seem to represent Wall Street, global free trade, open borders, and non-traditional sexual identities. It's a pretty weird party at this point.

People have the luxury of silly ideas when there's little at stake for them either way, in most of these cases, and it's tolerated by others for the same reason. Hard times come along and you won't hear about any of this nonsense anymore, that we've increasingly heard the past few decades.
By colliric

Did Warren just put herself back in the game?

I guess we'll find out soon enough. She certainly started this debate very well, after screwing up the last one so bad.

I disagree with Mark on one thing, I don't think Bernie was phased at all by Bloomberg's attack on his houses, in fact his response was quite adequate telling us the purpose of each property.
By Istanbuller
He made a mistake by apologizing for his past conducts. It is really meaningless that men are forced to apologize for having sex or eager to have sex.

It is better to grab them by pussy like Donald Trump does. :excited:
By Donna
I'm fairly certain Sanders' wealth (which is only a net worth of $2.5 million) comes from the legislated salaries that he earned as Mayor of Burlington for 8 years, another 16 years in Congress, and 13 years in the Senate and counting. That's almost 40 years of public service in a job that pays about $150,000 to $175,000 annually.
By Wulfschilde
Nevada caucus is coming up. Sanders is in the lead. Biden is in second with Buttigieg hot on his tail. If Biden doesnt hurry up Buttigieg will suck away his votes. Biden has to come up with something or Buttigieg will come out on top. I dont think Biden is prepared to handle this many guys. Buttigieg tho it sounds like he thinks he oculd take a ton of guys
By late
Wulfschilde wrote:
Nevada caucus is coming up. Sanders is in the lead. Biden is in second with Buttigieg hot on his tail. If Biden doesnt hurry up Buttigieg will suck away his votes. Biden has to come up with something or Buttigieg will come out on top. I dont think Biden is prepared to handle this many guys. Buttigieg tho it sounds like he thinks he oculd take a ton of guys

Biden is toast.

Bloomberg is a vampire sucking the life blood out of Biden's campaign.
maz wrote:He is a Jewish billionaire who was Republican, is pro police state, pro censorship, pro war, hates blacks, is a total authoritarian,

This is what the democratic party has become as a whole. I dont see much difference between Bloomberg and sanders except for economic policies.
By late
Code Rood wrote:
Bloomberg pretty much ticks all the boxes when it comes to being the stereotypical Jew. So really no surprise that nobody likes the guy. Just the sheer arrogance of the prick makes you want to punch his face repeatedly.

I wouldn't put it that way, and I wish you wouldn't, either.

Most aren't like that.

But that is typical for the Manhattan elite.
By late
Zionist Nationalist wrote:
This is what the democratic party has become as a whole. I dont see much difference between Bloomberg and sanders except for economic policies.

There are huge differences, if you ever look into it.
By jimjam
Ten years ago I purchased a place in South Florida where I could escape Winter. Below zero was, at my age, life threatening. As a goof I registered as a Republican. I received my instructions today for the March primary. I plan to vote for William Weld who was my governor when I lived in Mass. An intelligent and steady man who actually seems to care for all the people he represents ….. not just cult members who wear American flag underpants *. Now ….. I know Donald will take note of my vote. That hateful SOB cannot fire me but he may see to it that my social security checks get lost.

By Godstud
The American flag, displayed on any clothing, is unpatriotic, and actually is disrespectful to the flag. Far more so than some guy kneeling during the Anthem. Hugging the flag, is just perverse.

MAGA toilet paper, for true Republicans!
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]

@Rugoz A compromise with Putin is impossibl[…]