Trump's Dumb Economics - Page 85 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
RANCID:

Do you mean a sinking shock market or lower consumer spending?
Rancid wrote:Some people on the business news media claim that whoever is president next term, will likely have to deal with a weaker economy.

Yay, or nay?

Unquestionably yay. Donald is an old dog and you cannot teach an old dog new tricks. All of his life he has used debt and bankruptcy to finance his business. Eventually no American bank would let him in the door. He had to turn to the German money laundromat Deutsche Bank for a cash fix. He has the same M.O. with the US economy. America is awash in debt fueled "prosperity". Donald reduced tax revenue with his trillion dollar gift to billionaires. America now spends $1,000,000,000,000 more each year than she takes in while the shift of wealth from the lower 90% to the upper 10% has speeded up under Donald. Household debt in the US is now at an all time high as po folk turn to credit cards and debt to put food on the table. Trade wars and coronavirus lend enormous elements of uncertainty to the picture. The usual result to Donald's debt financed "prosperity" is fast approaching but, this time, it will not end in bankruptcy. Due to the unforgiving nature of mathematics and the brutal truth that 2+2 still equals 4 (Donald's hot air notwithstanding) we will experience a crash the timing and details of which are not yet known.

free advice: dump your paper and buy gold. Once things settle a bit, turn your gold into real estate as real estate bottoms out.
By Rancid
jimjam wrote:free advice: dump your paper and buy gold. Once things settle a bit, turn your gold into real estate as real estate bottoms out.

I can't do that right now. I'm buying into the Corona Virus sell off.

When people run from the fire, I run towards it!

$$$$$$$$
Rancid wrote:When people run from the fire, I run towards it!$$$$$$$$

fill your garage, basement and attic with Corona beer.
Donald is using bilateral agreements instead of multilateral ones. He is using tariffs as a tool of intimidation, not of negotiation. If Trump was successful, then why is manufacturing output down? Why are the farmers being bailed by 28 billion dollar welfare payments?
Why is the US electronics manufacturing industry being crushed with 30% price increases for parts when there are no other sources than China? All the while, our foreign competitors can get the parts tariff free?
By late
jimjam wrote:
Donald is using bilateral agreements instead of multilateral ones. He is using tariffs as a tool of intimidation, not of negotiation. If Trump was successful, then why is manufacturing output down? Why are the farmers being bailed by 28 billion dollar welfare payments?
Why is the US electronics manufacturing industry being crushed with 30% price increases for parts when there are no other sources than China? All the while, our foreign competitors can get the parts tariff free?

The Cult wants to burn the country to the ground so they can rule over the ashes..
By Godstud
@jimjam Fake News!! The farmers are winning! The tech industry is winning!

You just have Trump Derangement Syndrome or some other sub-moronic name that cultists like to use to describe people who don't agree with them 100%.
By jimjam
Gee. An all-time low of 0.7% on the ten year bond. I wonder when trump will boast about this?
By Crantag
jimjam wrote:Gee. An all-time low of 0.7% on the ten year bond. I wonder when trump will boast about this?

Just from cursory data glances, things look interesting in Europe as well. For instance, UK and German government bonds are at record lows.

UK government bonds hit new records on Friday, with 10-year yields sinking as low as 0.23 per cent as falls on the FTSE erased gains the index made earlier in the week.

(...)

Meanwhile yields on 10-year German bunds,which were already in negative territory, fell to a record minus (!) 0.732 per cent.

Meanwhile, Bloomberg reports that Europe Corporate Bonds Sink Amid Widespread Market Sell-Off.

At the same time, all major European stock markets either approached or set new 52-week lows on Friday.

https://money.cnn.com/data/world_markets/europe/
jimjam wrote:Gee. An all-time low of 0.7% on the ten year bond. I wonder when trump will boast about this?

You sound like you don't appreciate how good we have it here in America.
By late
Hindsite wrote:
You sound like you don't appreciate how good we have it here in America.

You sound like you don't appreciate how freedom leads to working towards making the country a better place to live in.
Hindsite wrote:You sound like you don't appreciate how good we have it here in America.

you sound like you are cracking nuts with your ass hole.
late wrote:You sound like you don't appreciate how freedom leads to working towards making the country a better place to live in.

That is why I voted for the Trump of God to make America great again. It will also be why I vote for President Trump to keep America great.
HalleluYah
By Rancid
Low interest rates basically mean everyone is piling in on the US as a place of safety.

Basically, the low interest rates aren't our problem right now, it's COVID-19
Rancid wrote:Low interest rates basically mean everyone is piling in on the US as a place of safety.

Don't Worry Be Happy

Rancid wrote:You should be telling me to wash my hands.

I am not a mind reader. Are you really that dumb that you don't know when to wash your hands?
Lord help you.
Hindsite wrote:I am not a mind reader. Are you really that dumb that you don't know when to wash your hands?

Go eat a big black rubber dick.
Amen
By Crantag
Rancid wrote:Low interest rates basically mean everyone is piling in on the US as a place of safety.

It's because fund managers are trading stocks for treasuries and the Fed and other central banks are cutting rates. Government bonds are also at record low rates in Europe.

The dollar is also depreciating. That would seem quite the opposite of people piling into dollars.
By late
We are in deep shit, along with the rest of the world.

Problem is, with the sociopathic incompetence we are seeing in the White House, it's going to get worse for us than in similar countries like Germany.

Just a couple years ago we were the best.

So much winning I could die from it. Literally.

The photo in the article showing tunnels supposed[…]

Warnings for civilians to evacuate, including drop[…]

What interests are those? He is an honorary US […]

The tail has been wagging the dog.. Israel is a[…]