EU-BREXIT - Page 325 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
By Atlantis
Rich wrote:Now of course this might also lead to rising wages for care staff, but so what Britain should be able to manage an ageing population without resorting to driving down wages through mass immigration. We want a labour shortage. We want to strengthen the bargaining power of the employee against the employer in the market place, whether that's private company or the NHS.

History shows that industrial countries have two choices:

1) bring in low-wage immigrant labor,

2) off-shore jobs, or

a combination of the two. Britain has already off-shored more jobs than is good for the country. There is a limit to how much you can off-shore without eroding your industrial basis.
By fokker
Two interesting articles:

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2 ... ips-abroad

It looks like some academics get their applications for permanent residency refused. It seems Boris is doing a big cut here. PhD in class and gender identity is of little value for UK anyway. Spending too much time abroad is probably linked to having strong attachment to country of origin, thus risk of returning home at some point and claiming UK pension in the future.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... u-tells-uk

Does anybody believe in a successful trade agreement between Boris and EU?
By Beren
Ter wrote: :lol: Guessed wrong !

I know you're residing in Bangladesh right now and weren't born in Israel, however, Judea/Palestine/the Holy Land/Israel/whatever you name it always has been and will be a good place to learn to hate if someone lives there for a while. But you may be right and that's just how you inherently are indeed.
By Ter
Beren wrote:I know you're residing in Bangladesh right now and weren't born in Israel, however, Judea/Palestine/the Holy Land/Israel/whatever you name it always has been and will be a good place to learn to hate if someone lives there for a while. But you may be right and that's just how you inherently are indeed.

You are adamant in your misguided guessing.
So let me say that I was not born there, that I never carried that citizenship and that I never lived there either. Is that good enough for you ?

Anyway, my anti-EU stance emanates from my own experience with the EU because I used to work with them and for them and what I learnt was not to my liking. Unfortunately I am not at liberty to disclose details. That should stop the guessing I hope.
By Beren
Ter wrote:my anti-EU stance emanates from my own experience with the EU

Ah, so your hatred is just more Terish and personal than I thought.
By JohnRawls
So, what is the status of Brexit with Coronavirus going around?
By ingliz
JohnRawls wrote:Coronavirus

Barnier has tested positive. Boris refuses to extend. With the chief negotiator out of the way and the EU saying there is not enough time to reach a deal, Brexit is done - Hard.

:lol:
By SolarCross
ingliz wrote:Barnier has tested positive. Boris refuses to extend. With the chief negotiator out of the way and the EU saying there is not enough time to reach a deal, Brexit is done - Hard.

:lol:

Just as well.
By late
SolarCross wrote:
Why? :?:

Both will hurt the economy, a lot. They might be looking at a depression.

Their best hope is the EU postponing the Brexit mess.
By SolarCross
late wrote:Both will hurt the economy, a lot. They might be looking at a depression.

Their best hope is the EU postponing the Brexit mess.

The EU is a dumpster fire right about now. Well rid of them. Moochers. :lol:
By late
SolarCross wrote:
The EU is a dumpster fire right about now. Well rid of them. Moochers.

We're a couple weeks behind them.
By SolarCross
late wrote:We're a couple weeks behind them.

The EU is an expense with no benefit. It is a basic charity case at best. If anything cutting those losers loose will help us manage the coronavirus better. If the borders must be closed to slow the spread of the virus then there is even less reason to remain in the EU. "Open borders" was the only benefit of being in the EU.

Coronavirus just increases the case for brexit.
By late
SolarCross wrote:
The EU is an expense with no benefit. It is a basic charity case at best. If anything cutting those losers loose will help us manage the coronavirus better. If the borders must be closed to slow the spread of the virus then there is even less reason to remain in the EU. "Open borders" was the only benefit of being in the EU.

Coronavirus just increases the case for brexit.

Enjoy the hallucinations while they last.
By late
SolarCross wrote:
Are you off your meds again?

Unless you and reality have divorced completely, you gotta admit there will be a painful transition period from Brexit.
By SolarCross
late wrote:Unless you and reality have divorced completely, you gotta admit there will be a painful transition period from Brexit.

Painful compared with what? WW2? Brexit is nothing at all, if anything a net gain. Coronavirus is like a million times worse than brexit ever could be and it is only a jumped up flu. Stiffen that lip son and for godsakes change your trousers. :|
By late
SolarCross wrote:
Painful compared with what? WW2? Brexit is nothing at all, if anything a net gain. Coronavirus is like a million times worse than brexit ever could be and it is only a jumped up flu. Stiffen that lip son and for godsakes change your trousers.

I don't live in England, don't need a stiff upper lip for that.. But you do have my condolences, once you figure out how badly Putin has screwed you.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@JohnRawls Why do you think that? If you wer[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]