Trump, Oh my god ! - Page 66 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By blackjack21
jimjam wrote:Any corporation with a CEO, executive staff and administration this out of control would have lost 99% of its share value.

Trump has reduced the United States of America share value - previously trading at $10,000 a share - to a penny stock.

Heckuva' job, GOP.

The markets are a little jittery over Coronavirus. However, Trump has actually been one of the only voices in American politics pointing out the danger of relying so heavily on China. Once again, Trump has been proven right. Meanwhile, he's negotiating on trade with India, and over 100k people came out to give Trump a warm welcome. He seems to be considerably more popular than the media would have us believe. Notice all the Trump signs in the stands?

Atlantis wrote:Carnival season is about to open in Germany. Last year, we had theme wagons with Trump taking it in the behind from a Russian bear. This year, there is Emperor Trump who wants to see Capitol Hill burn while twittering:

If you're so concerned about Trump being flippant, maybe you shouldn't taunt him this way. After all, he could plunge Germany into a steep recession on tariffs alone. Look how India treats him by comparison. Trump could plunge Germany into a deep recession at the stroke of a pen.

jimjam wrote:Student debt is a big issue in the 2020 presidential campaign for an obvious reason: There’s a lot of it—about $1.5 trillion, up from $250 billion in 2004.

It's a big issue, because a lot of people think getting ripped off by liberals for a worthless scrap of paper (if it's not a STEM degree) is somehow a good idea.

jimjam wrote:As a Republican presidential candidate, Trump said he would eliminate the national debt in eight years, which was $19 trillion in 2016 ….. it's $23 trillion today …

He was illustrating the point that he could use tariffs to pay down the debt.

jimjam wrote:Ahead of Donald's visit to India he claims he will be welcomed by an adoring crowd of 10,000,000 as he visits a city with a total population of 8,000,000.

The reality is that Trump is quite a bit more popular than the media wants us to think he is. The reality is that the media is out of step. They're the weird ones that don't get it.
Patrickov wrote:Academic people's greed to grab research money and students' greed (or societal pressure) to boost up their academic records.

I think you're confusing need with greed. Profs and students require cash for research, and yes, they benefit professionally to a small degree. But at the University where I was a researcher, most of the costs were born by American companies that wanted their drugs tested. The profits, in part, funded our research. Professers were required to publish two articles per year. Student's projects were based on the merits of their projects and likely came from the tax payer. The student, as noted, paid tuition. Their work was put towards their degree, which is why they were there in the first place. None of these people went home with unearned cash in their pockets.
By Hindsite
blackjack21 wrote:The markets are a little jittery over Coronavirus. However, Trump has actually been one of the only voices in American politics pointing out the danger of relying so heavily on China. Once again, Trump has been proven right.

More proof to me that he is a Trump of God sounding warnings.
Praise the Lord.
Stormsmith wrote:
I think you're confusing need with greed. Profs and students require cash for research, and yes, they benefit professionally to a small degree. But at the University where I was a researcher, most of the costs were born by American companies that wanted their drugs tested. The profits, in part, funded our research. Professers were required to publish two articles per year. Student's projects were based on the merits of their projects and likely came from the tax payer. The student, as noted, paid tuition. Their work was put towards their degree, which is why they were there in the first place. None of these people went home with unearned cash in their pockets.

It's just Right wing propaganda.

None of the people pushing that propaganda know what they're talking about.
By late
Hindsite wrote:
More proof to me that he is a Trump of God sounding warnings.

He gutted the government's pandemic teams.

That's incompetence, and what you're talking about is whistling past what will be the graveyard.

Face it, he couldn't manage a McDonalds burger joint without it going bankrupt.
By Hindsite
late wrote:He gutted the government's pandemic teams.

That's incompetence, and what you're talking about is whistling past what will be the graveyard.

Face it, he couldn't manage a McDonalds burger joint without it going bankrupt.

You are saying nothing but false hate talk.
By late
Hindsite wrote:
You are saying nothing but false hate talk.

"For the United States, the answers are especially worrying because the government has intentionally rendered itself incapable. In 2018, the Trump administration fired the government’s entire pandemic response chain of command, including the White House management infrastructure."

"Building on the Ebola experience, the Obama administration set up a permanent epidemic monitoring and command group inside the White House National Security Council (NSC) and another in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)—both of which followed the scientific and public health leads of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the diplomatic advice of the State Department."

That is gone.

"And an independent, bipartisan panel formed by the Center for Strategic and International Studies concluded that lack of preparedness was so acute in the Trump administration that the “United States must either pay now and gain protection and security or wait for the next epidemic and pay a much greater price in human and economic costs.”

Elections have consequences...

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/01/31/co ... -response/
By Hindsite
late wrote:"For the United States, the answers are especially worrying because the government has intentionally rendered itself incapable. In 2018, the Trump administration fired the government’s entire pandemic response chain of command, including the White House management infrastructure."

"Building on the Ebola experience, the Obama administration set up a permanent epidemic monitoring and command group inside the White House National Security Council (NSC) and another in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)—both of which followed the scientific and public health leads of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the diplomatic advice of the State Department."

That is gone.

That was because it was not needed at the time and a waste of money. Anyway, covid-19 originated in China and is their responsibility.
By late
Hindsite wrote:
That was because it was not needed at the time and a waste of money.

Anyway, covid-19 originated in China and is their responsibility.

Stick to the propaganda they give you, that was an ouch.

We need it now, and it's too late to rebuild it.

That was an investment for the future, and this situation makes it painfully clear it was NOT a waste.

A disease can evolve anywhere, once it's here, we all need to do our part.

Face it, Trump is a blithering idiot.
Last edited by late on 26 Feb 2020 03:13, edited 1 time in total.
By Hindsite
late wrote:Stick to the propaganda they give you, that was an ouch.

We need it now, and it's too late to rebuild it.

That was an investment for the future, and this situation makes it painfully clear it was NOT a waste.

A disease can evolve anywhere, once it's here, we all need to do our part.

Fact it, Trump is a blithering idiot.

It is not too late, because we have a Trump of God sounding the warnings.
HalleluYah
By late
Hindsite wrote:
It is not too late, because we have a Trump of God sounding the warnings.

Actually, that is not what he is saying.

He is saying we have it "under control" and that is not true.
By Hindsite
late wrote:Actually, that is not what he is saying.

He is saying we have it "under control" and that is not true.

I am glad he is saying that. It is better than going into full panic mode like the left-wing crazies.
By late
Hindsite wrote:
I am glad he is saying that. It is better than going into full panic mode like the left-wing crazies.

Including the Republican left wing crazies!

"The Trump administration confronted a new threat Tuesday in the mounting coronavirus crisis: a fierce bipartisan backlash amid contradictory statements from the federal government about the severity of the outbreak.

Administration officials sought to swat away concerns their emergency request for $2.5 billion to address the outbreak was inadequate, even as some Republicans joined Democrats in criticizing the amount — and slamming a lack of transparency around efforts to contain the disease on U.S. soil."

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/25/trump-officials-defend-coronavirus-request-117329
By Patrickov
Stormsmith wrote:I think you're confusing need with greed. Profs and students require cash for research, and yes, they benefit professionally to a small degree. But at the University where I was a researcher, most of the costs were born by American companies that wanted their drugs tested. The profits, in part, funded our research. Professors were required to publish two articles per year. Student's projects were based on the merits of their projects and likely came from the tax payer. The student, as noted, paid tuition. Their work was put towards their degree, which is why they were there in the first place.

None of these people went home with unearned cash in their pockets.

To clarify my point, I am referring to a general case, and I do believe that most people are being honest there. However, I also think "need" and "greed" can coexist in a scenario. When I mentioned this in my previous post, I did not intend to use it as an attack on the academic system, which I think is absurd. However, to deny greed's existence seems also absurd to me, because greed is a human nature independent of the education one receives.

For the university situation, I do think it comes from academic need, and the structure of the university is the institution to address such need. After that, it is inevitable that some greed over what they can / might get.

On a side note...

late wrote:It's just Right wing propaganda.

None of the people pushing that propaganda know what they're talking about.

I know this makes me sound like the Member Hindsite, but I am indeed clear on what I talk about. I am learning to simply stay silent if I don't -- no matter how strong I feel towards a comment, if I don't know what to say it is better to shush. Stirring things up can sometimes lead to situations that I cannot handle.

Meanwhile, condemning every point one doesn't like as propaganda can be propaganda itself. To be honest, I think this criticism is a stretch, and is on the level of the very people the poster comes to hate. Still, I should heed this as a warning that I should not descend myself to the level of those people.

(Quote of member Hindsite deleted because I found that he was not talking about my previous post)
By blackjack21
late wrote:That is gone.

They brought Ebola patients to the United States. It wasn't a big hit with the voters.

late wrote:He is saying we have it "under control" and that is not true.

In the US, it appears to be contained. However, there were a few people who wanted out and lied about their infection status to try to get back to the US. This is why we need ICE and CBP. If the Democrats eliminate those agencies, we won't be able to stop diseases at the border.
By Atlantis
blackjack21 wrote:If you're so concerned about Trump being flippant, maybe you shouldn't taunt him this way. After all, he could plunge Germany into a steep recession on tariffs alone. Look how India treats him by comparison. Trump could plunge Germany into a deep recession at the stroke of a pen.

So, you think we should appease the bully? Wouldn't that encourage the bully to come back for more? Do you think he'll respect us better for sucking Donald dick? I very much doubt it.

Firstly, I'm not Germany.

Secondly, you are the living proof that the Trumpets are all bullies that need to be resisted at all costs.

Thirdly and lastly, I very much like to encourage you in your ways. Keep the sanctions coming. We need more sanctions. Sanction the Germans to death. They are so complacent that there is no other way to wake them up and send the f*cking Yankee imperialists packing.

But what the heck, if the Dems are too dumb to get the better of the donald, the corona certainly will. :D
By late
blackjack21 wrote:
They brought Ebola patients to the United States. It wasn't a big hit with the voters.

In the US, it appears to be contained.

This is why we need ICE and CBP. If the Democrats eliminate those agencies, we won't be able to stop diseases at the border.

People were afraid. We did a pretty good job at handling Ebola, and then Obama took what we learned and improved our ability to deal with pandemics. An ability Trump threw into the trash.

Yesterday the CDC was telling us this could get bad. It's not contained. In fact, Trump had 14 infected people brought to America against the advice of the CDC. In the real world, that's what's known as a mistake. As I've said numerous times on this site that a quarrantine is a lot harder to pull off than it looks. And that assumes you are ready to do it, which we are not.

This is a real crisis. If you are able to act like an adult, this would be the time.

"A coronavirus outbreak in the United States is now inevitable, a top CDC official said Tuesday, elevating concerns that the public health emergency could soon become a full-scale pandemic.

“Ultimately, we will see community spread in this country,” Nancy Messonnier, the director of the CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases told reporters on a call. “It’s not a question of if but rather a question of when and how many people in this country will have severe illness.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/25/us-coronavirus-outbreak-inevitable-cdc-117389
By Drlee
In the US, it appears to be contained. However, there were a few people who wanted out and lied about their infection status to try to get back to the US. This is why we need ICE and CBP. If the Democrats eliminate those agencies, we won't be able to stop diseases at the border.

:lol: :lol:

Great troll. Bullshit but a great troll nonetheless.
By jimjam
blackjack21 wrote:The markets are a little jittery over Coronavirus. However, Trump has actually been one of the only voices in American politics pointing out the danger of relying so heavily on China. Once again, Trump has been proven right. Meanwhile, he's negotiating on trade with India, and over 100k people came out to give Trump a warm welcome. He seems to be considerably more popular than the media would have us believe. Notice all the Trump signs in the stands?

100k people in a stadium? Donald predicted 10,000,000. 100k is just 1% OF Donald's latest fantasy. Modi is no dope. Undoubtedly he reviewed videos of Donald in all his glory spewing hot air in front of crowds of idiots wearing red beanies and decided to make Donald feel right at home by filling up a stadium and passing out "Trump" signs at the entryway.

"Once again, Trump has been proven right." :lol: What a croc of shit. How's Donald's infrastructure repair program doing? Helping non billionaire Americans who have been bankrupted by the Medical Industrial Complex?

Trade with India? His BIG DEAL was supposed to have been signed during his Rah-Rah event in India. I guess Modi our smarted The Greatest Deal Maker(Breaker?) of All Time.

blackjack21 wrote:Trump could plunge Germany into a deep recession at the stroke of a pen.

Hey …… great leadership. He could also destroy human civilization by pushing a few buttons.

blackjack21 wrote:He was illustrating the point that he could use tariffs to pay down the debt.

Hmmmm :?: ….. the debt rose 3,000,000,000,000 under Donald...… guess that didn't happen. Talk is cheap.
By late
jimjam wrote:

Hmmmm :?: ….. the debt rose 3,000,000,000,000 under Donald...… guess that didn't happen. Talk is cheap.

You missed what might be the best part. Tariffs are taxes, he raised taxes. The Cult is crowing about having their taxes go up, while those very same tariffs have not done what Trump said what they would do. Help manufacturing, that decline continues.

Typical.
Last edited by late on 26 Feb 2020 20:09, edited 1 time in total.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

^ His lies are creative at least, I'll give him th[…]

Yes, because the Palestinian resistance have a his[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

^ I shared the Sachs and Meirsheimer videos in her[…]

Hmmm, it the Ukraine aid package is all over mains[…]