" Trump Has Sabotaged America’s Coronavirus Response" - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15070194
I know Trump is always wrong about everything, but I do wonder at moments whether with these epidemics, open borders like all the Democratic candidates want, is really a totally good idea. I mean for some time now Italy has been the gate way to Europe for immigration.
#15070208
Rich wrote:I know Trump is always wrong about everything, but I do wonder at moments whether with these epidemics, open borders like all the Democratic candidates want, is really a totally good idea. I mean for some time now Italy has been the gate way to Europe for immigration.


Border checks didn't prevent the virus from spreading to Korea or Japan, and Italy had a ban on flights from China since Jan. 30th. That didn't prevent the virus from spreading inside Italy and it didn't prevent passengers from other countries including Korea, Japan, Singapore, Vietnam and Iran from bringing the virus to Italy.

Salvini is all in favor of closed borders as long as Italians can travel freely wherever they want.
#15070245
The problem with the president speaking up now is that no matter what he says -- from expecting the worst pandemic the world has ever seen to the best administration response to what is really no health issue at all -- who is going to believe him?

When Nancy Messonnier speaks, I will believe her. But Trump has proven that he never tells the truth. Why should he change now?

Anything coming from Trump and his administration I will totally disregard as propaganda meant to salvage Trump's reelection campaign and the failing stock market. Nothing more. Nothing less.

First and foremost, we need to have a reliable testing kit. The CDC tests are barely working. Not all states have the test kit. Therefore, a large reason we are not seeing the virus in the US is because we are NOT testing for it! The infection is most likely brewing at a low level in some cities already.
#15070261
Atlantis wrote:Border checks didn't prevent the virus from spreading to Korea or Japan, and Italy had a ban on flights from China since Jan. 30th. That didn't prevent the virus from spreading inside Italy and it didn't prevent passengers from other countries including Korea, Japan, Singapore, Vietnam and Iran from bringing the virus to Italy.

Salvini is all in favor of closed borders as long as Italians can travel freely wherever they want.

President Trump is president of the USA, not the rest of the world.
#15070267
Rest easy, America
The renowned Physician / scientist Mile Pence will be in charge of our response to Coronavirus

But if that isn’t enough to put you at ease, know he reports directly to the stable genius Trump

They definitely know more than the physicians and epidemiologists at the CDC , whose statements they now directly contradict

Trust the leadership of Trump, the man who in October cut the C.D.C.’s budget by almost 16 percent, and the Health and Human Services Department’s by almost 10 percent. The proposal’s $3 billion in cuts to global health programs included a 53 percent cut to the World Health Organization and a 75 percent cut to the Pan American Health Organization.

Now that’s leadership and judgement
#15070271
jimjam wrote:Rest easy, America
The renowned Physician / scientist Mile Pence will be in charge of our response to Coronavirus

But if that isn’t enough to put you at ease, know he reports directly to the stable genius Trump

They definitely know more than the physicians and epidemiologists at the CDC , whose statements they now directly contradict

Trust the leadership of Trump, the man who in October cut the C.D.C.’s budget by almost 16 percent, and the Health and Human Services Department’s by almost 10 percent. The proposal’s $3 billion in cuts to global health programs included a 53 percent cut to the World Health Organization and a 75 percent cut to the Pan American Health Organization.

Now that’s leadership and judgement

That makes me feel great because I now know covid-19 is under control in the USA by the Trump of God.
Praise the Lord.
#15070276
Hindsite wrote:That makes me feel great because I now know covid-19 is under control in the USA by the Trump of God.
Praise the Lord.


I have to wonder if this episode will reveal Donald's incompetence and unsuitability for the job to all but the most conned cult members such as yourself and remove him from the stage. This could very well be the hand of God that we are witnessing. I'm sure Donald is sweating. Too bad Fatso cannot fire a virus, his typical solution to most problems.
#15070281
jimjam wrote:I have to wonder if this episode will reveal Donald's incompetence and unsuitability for the job to all but the most conned cult members such as yourself and remove him from the stage.


Conversely, I think the anti-Trump sentiment here is sometimes sensational and clouds people's judgement on the correct response to the epidemic.

Individual practice is much more important than government policies here.

It simply does not matter if Trump is lying or not. We MUST act independently.

EDIT:
As an exmaple, HK Chief Executive Carrie Lam is 100 times worse than Trump in this case, because she deliberately follows Mainland orders, sometimes in complete disregard of our well-being. However, the infection rate in Hong Kong is lower than expected, and the infections more-or-less stick with those in close contact to Mainlanders (or their closest kins). This is because we do not depend ourselves on emotions and simply follow our common sense. I urge Americans do the same.
#15070282
jimjam wrote:I have to wonder if this episode will reveal Donald's incompetence and unsuitability for the job to all but the most conned cult members such as yourself and remove him from the stage. This could very well be the hand of God that we are witnessing.

In nine months we will know the will of God or at least the will of the people.
HalleluYah
#15070283
Hindsite wrote:That makes me feel great because I now know covid-19 is under control in the USA by the Trump of God.
Praise the Lord.


God's will is only as reliable as His lieutenants on earth.
#15070289


Democrats are shamelessly trying to exploit the coronavirus crisis for their political gain. The White House has been quick to respond to the threats and the Level 3: Reconsider Travel advisory was issued for South Korea just after the number of cases surpassed 1,000 in South Korea. America was the first country to evacuate around 200 American passengers from the Diamond Princess under quarantine in Yokohama.
#15070295
Godstud wrote:Throwing money at the infrastructure at the time the pandemic happens doesn't help anything. It takes preparation that Fat Donald and his crony zealots, prevented.


As I said, at such times, individual measure is much more important than whatever the Government has or has not done. If some individuals do not heed the warnings it will spread despite the best efforts.

I really don't think those countries now more affected than the United States necessarily had worse prevention policy.

Therefore, regardless of how we think Trump and his administration do, ranting against them now is more sensation than anything of value.
#15070298
Godstud wrote:Calling them on their potentially fatal errors is more than just, @Patrickov. Their apathy and lack of empathy is going to cost lives.
I understand the point, but I disagree with it because we Hongkongers have demostrated ourselves that individual efforts are much more important than the Government.

Ultimately it is ourselves who control whether or how many lives are lost, not the Government, especially not the one we oppose.

I suppose Americans, especially anti-Trump Americans, are smart enough to know that.
#15070303
Mike Pense is about the worst person for the job, @Patrickov

Mike Pence, who enabled an HIV outbreak in Indiana, will lead US coronavirus response
Pence has a track record of ignoring public health evidence
Pence is not a public health expert, either. Instead, as governor of Indiana, he slashed public health spending and delayed the introduction of needle exchanges, which led to the state’s worst outbreak of HIV. He takes over from Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar who has been heading the White House coronavirus task force since the beginning of January.

Yale epidemiologist Gregg Gonsalves, who conducted the research linking the Indiana HIV outbreak to Pence’s policies, tweeted that the decision “speaks to a lack of seriousness by the White House.”

Pence also has a history of downplaying the link between smoking and lung cancer, writing in a 2000 op-ed that “despite the hysteria from the political class and the media, smoking doesn’t kill.”

https://www.theverge.com/2020/2/26/2115 ... sponse-hiv

It has nothing to do with being "anti-Trump" :roll: . That's simply a cop-out and excuse that some people make in their defense of the Cartoon President. The facts speak for themselves, and it has nothing to do with liking or hating the orange dipshit who sits in the Oval Office.
#15070306
Godstud wrote:Mike Pense is about the worst person for the job, @Patrickov

Mike Pence, who enabled an HIV outbreak in Indiana, will lead US coronavirus response
Pence has a track record of ignoring public health evidence
Pence is not a public health expert, either. Instead, as governor of Indiana, he slashed public health spending and delayed the introduction of needle exchanges, which led to the state’s worst outbreak of HIV. He takes over from Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar who has been heading the White House coronavirus task force since the beginning of January.

Yale epidemiologist Gregg Gonsalves, who conducted the research linking the Indiana HIV outbreak to Pence’s policies, tweeted that the decision “speaks to a lack of seriousness by the White House.”

Pence also has a history of downplaying the link between smoking and lung cancer, writing in a 2000 op-ed that “despite the hysteria from the political class and the media, smoking doesn’t kill.”

https://www.theverge.com/2020/2/26/2115 ... sponse-hiv

It has nothing to do with being "anti-Trump" :roll: . That's simply a cop-out and excuse that some people make in their defense of the Cartoon President. The facts speak for themselves, and it has nothing to do with liking or hating the orange dipshit who sits in the Oval Office.



Okay, for fuck's sake, I do not bother to find information to refute this so I retract my last comment, although I personally think it is a stretch.

Still, we here in Hong Kong experience something 100 times worse than what Americans experience under Trump, and we resorted to do it ourselves, and found that: Not only us, even elsewhere in the world, depending on the government simply does not work. (EDIT: The only government apparently doing it with some degree of success is DPRK, but the people there have no choice whatsoever)

So trying to point the finger at Trump simply bears little significance. Self-preservation is probably the best way of prevention.

EDIT: Self-preservation actually kills two birds in one stone, as it also effectively undermines any government we oppose.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 87
So how deadly is it?

Just gonna quote this to make sure Slippery Sivad[…]

@Hindsite Jealousy is a sign of insecurity. I do[…]

I am very interested to know what you think about[…]

Sanders should be remembered as a wimp and a jerk[…]