Election 2020 - Page 86 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Sivad
Rapey Joe sexually assaulted one of his staffers, she says he penetrated her with his creepy old feelers. I just heard her tell the story and it's way fucked up.

And Time's Up turned her down for legal assistance. :lol:

The public relations firm that works on behalf of the Time’s Up Legal Defense Fund is SKDKnickerbocker, whose managing director, Anita Dunn, is the top adviser to Biden’s presidential campaign.
https://theintercept.com/2020/03/24/joe ... -times-up/

:lol:
By colliric
I bet the Christine Blasey-Ford defenders are gonna chuck Biden's accuser right under the bus.
By annatar1914
Hindsite wrote:I have never claimed that President Trump was Christ or the Pope, who Roman Catholics view as being in place of Christ. As a Christian, I am not prevented from calling out false attacks against me as bullshit.
Praise the Lord.

Your absolute fanaticism for President Trump is idolatrous, recalling the Fascist Cult of the Leader. That is not only obvious but probably something that would disgust even him.
By late
annatar1914 wrote:
Your absolute fanaticism for President Trump is idolatrous, recalling the Fascist Cult of the Leader. That is not only obvious but probably something that would disgust even him.

Good post, but Trump would love it.
By annatar1914
late wrote:Good post, but Trump would love it.

We can never know the depths of the human heart for sure. And in @Hindsite 's case, i'm sure he knows deep down that his adulation of a political leader is wrong. It was wrong with JFK and with others too, in the past.
By annatar1914
President Trump once again shows that his enemies are total idiots (not that he's a genius, but in comparison he is);

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/feds-cur ... 52807.html

(Bloomberg Opinion) -- The economic debate of the day centers on whether the cure of an economic shutdown is worse than the disease of the virus. Similarly, we need to ask if the cure of the Federal Reserve getting so deeply into corporate bonds, asset-backed securities, commercial paper, and exchange-traded funds is worse than the disease seizing financial markets. It may be.

In just these past few weeks, the Fed has cut rates by 150 basis points to near zero and run through its entire 2008 crisis handbook. That wasn’t enough to calm markets, though — so the central bank also announced $1 trillion a day in repurchase agreements and unlimited quantitative easing, which includes a hard-to-understand $625 billion of bond buying a week going forward. At this rate, the Fed will own two-thirds of the Treasury market in a year.

But it’s the alphabet soup of new programs that deserve special consideration, as they could have profound long-term consequences for the functioning of the Fed and the allocation of capital in financial markets. Specifically, these are:

CPFF (Commercial Paper Funding Facility) – buying commercial paper from the issuer. PMCCF (Primary Market Corporate Credit Facility) – buying corporate bonds from the issuer. TALF (Term Asset-Backed Securities Loan Facility) – funding backstop for asset-backed securities. SMCCF (Secondary Market Corporate Credit Facility) – buying corporate bonds and bond ETFs in the secondary market. MSBLP (Main Street Business Lending Program) – Details are to come, but it will lend to eligible small and medium-size businesses, complementing efforts by the Small Business Association.

To put it bluntly, the Fed isn’t allowed to do any of this. The central bank is only allowed to purchase or lend against securities that have government guarantee. This includes Treasury securities, agency mortgage-backed securities and the debt issued by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. An argument can be made that can also include municipal securities, but nothing in the laundry list above.

So how can they do this? The Fed will finance a special purpose vehicle (SPV) for each acronym to conduct these operations. The Treasury, using the Exchange Stabilization Fund, will make an equity investment in each SPV and be in a “first loss” position. What does this mean? In essence, the Treasury, not the Fed, is buying all these securities and backstopping of loans; the Fed is acting as banker and providing financing. The Fed hired BlackRock Inc. to purchase these securities and handle the administration of the SPVs on behalf of the owner, the Treasury.

In other words, the federal government is nationalizing large swaths of the financial markets. The Fed is providing the money to do it. BlackRock will be doing the trades.

This scheme essentially merges the Fed and Treasury into one organization. So, meet your new Fed chairman, Donald J. Trump.

In 2008 when something similar was done, it was on a smaller scale. Since few understood it, the Bush and Obama administrations ceded total control of those acronym programs to then-Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke. He unwound them at the first available opportunity. But now, 12 years later, we have a much better understanding of how they work. And we have a president who has made it very clear how displeased he is that central bankers haven’t used their considerable power to force the Dow Jones Industrial Average at least 10,000 points higher, something he has complained about many times before the pandemic hit.

When the Fed was rightly alarmed by the current dysfunction in the fixed-income markets, they felt they needed to act. This was the correct thought. But, to get the authority to stabilize these “private” markets, central bankers needed the Treasury to agree to nationalize (own) them so they could provide the funds to do it.

In effect, the Fed is giving the Treasury access to its printing press. This means that, in the extreme, the administration would be free to use its control, not the Fed’s control, of these SPVs to instruct the Fed to print more money so it could buy securities and hand out loans in an effort to ramp financial markets higher going into the election. Why stop there? Should Trump win re-election, he could try to use these SPVs to get those 10,000 Dow Jones points he feels the Fed has denied everyone.

Emphasis in bold.
By late
This involves a few things I don't like.

And one thing I do.

If they took over the companies, which they should do with the 'too big too fail' financial concerns, that would be nationalising.

But since they would be selling off the dismembered bits; of those too big too fail financials, it would be temporary.

In this case, they should be able to sell off their corporate paper when the market recovers, which will hopefully give them a profit.

That's a lot better than throwing money around, which they will also be doing for big corporations.

Frankly, I'd like to see something damning, whoring for the rich is what Republicans do.

You're not blowing my skirts up.
By annatar1914
late wrote:This involves a few things I don't like.

And one thing I do.

If they took over the companies, which they should do with the 'too big too fail' financial concerns, that would be nationalising.

But since they would be selling off the dismembered bits; of those too big too fail financials, it would be temporary.

In this case, they should be able to sell off their corporate paper when the market recovers, which will hopefully give them a profit.

That's a lot better than throwing money around, which they will also be doing for big corporations.

Frankly, I'd like to see something damning, whoring for the rich is what Republicans do.

You're not blowing my skirts up.

Wait and see. This is going to get interesting to say the least.
By late
Finfinder wrote:
Hillary Clinton 2020 :D

It's a real shame she's only a hundred times better than Trump.
By Drlee
And @Finfinder Finfinder, showing his usual level of maturity, used the term "Rapey Joe".

I am sure a great many of Trumps elementary school graduate followers will really like this. They will repeat it endlessly. It will make its way onto Fox News. Liberty University music majors will write a song about it.

Of course adults will think it childish and immature. College graduates will roll their eyes at it as evidence of the foolishness of so many of his followers. But Finfinder has to own it. He thinks he is being cute. Everyone give him a like so he knows just how cute he is. :roll:
By Hindsite
annatar1914 wrote:Your absolute fanaticism for President Trump is idolatrous, recalling the Fascist Cult of the Leader. That is not only obvious but probably something that would disgust even him.

Another false attack against me.

Drlee wrote:And @Finfinder Finfinder, showing his usual level of maturity, used the term "Rapey Joe".

I am sure a great many of Trumps elementary school graduate followers will really like this. They will repeat it endlessly. It will make its way onto Fox News. Liberty University music majors will write a song about it.

Of course adults will think it childish and immature. College graduates will roll their eyes at it as evidence of the foolishness of so many of his followers. But Finfinder has to own it. He thinks he is being cute. Everyone give him a like so he knows just how cute he is. :roll:

Thanks for your suggestion. However, corrupt Hillary has no better chance of beating the President than Creepy Joe or crazy Bernie. :lol:
By Ter
Pants-of-dog wrote:I think all POTUs candidates who are accused of sexual assault should have to step down.

No.
If that were the case, there would be plenty of unsubstantiated accusations with political motivations.
As happened to Kavanaugh, the Justice on the Supreme Court.

Also, what was a sexual felony in the past might not be one today. Like homosexual deeds for instance.
By annatar1914
@Hindsite

Another false attack against me.

Is it? For God's sake, you favorably repeated the homage paid to the man as ''King of Israel'' and the ''Second Coming of God''! So yes, I'd say that that is blasphemous and idolatrous, recalling the Fascist idolatry of the ''Cult of the Leader'' common to Fascistic movements.
By Sivad
It's hilarious how the fake news media went after the bogus 'Sanders told Warren women couldn't be president' story like a school of piranha but they won't touch the Rapey Joe sex assault story. Wall to wall coverage on the fake bullshit, total media blackout on the establishment candidate's sex assault. :lol:
By Finfinder
Drlee wrote:And @Finfinder Finfinder, showing his usual level of maturity, used the term "Rapey Joe".

You see folks playing at home this is what happens when you go after the poster and not the post. You look foolish. I don't expect @Drlee will admit it or even acknowledge the massive mistake he made. This is penalty enough, I'm not going to kick the guy when he's down. :D
By Hindsite
annatar1914 wrote:@Hindsite

Is it? For God's sake, you favorably repeated the homage paid to the man as ''King of Israel'' and the ''Second Coming of God''! So yes, I'd say that that is blasphemous and idolatrous, recalling the Fascist idolatry of the ''Cult of the Leader'' common to Fascistic movements.

I believe you are wrong and it is perfectly okay for me to repeat what someone said. We do that all the time.
Praise the Lord.
By annatar1914
Hindsite wrote:I believe you are wrong and it is perfectly okay for me to repeat what someone said. We do that all the time.
Praise the Lord.

If you believe that I am wrong, then you're not merely ''repeating what someone said'', but also approving of it. Therefore, you must believe that President Trump is the ''King of Israel'' and the ''Second Coming of God''....

Which I find to be a bit much, to say the least.

She reached out to campus police. I don't think N[…]

It very much is, since it's why there's a war in t[…]

Well here is how this is going to work Skinster. […]

Right..my unscientific claims like genes are actu[…]