" Trump Has Sabotaged America’s Coronavirus Response" - Page 54 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Atlantis wrote:
@hindsight, Trump is guilty as hell, and it's all in the public domain:

He learned from his January 2020 intelligence briefings that a global pandemic was likely, yet told Americans that month there were “no worries” about a pandemic.
[Trump 01–22–2020, CNBC, host Joe Kernen, interview at World Economic Forum, Davos, Switzerland. Kernen: “Have you been briefed by the CDC?” Trump: “I have.” Kernen: “Are there worries about a pandemic at this point?” Trump: “No. Not at all. . . And, we’re, we have it totally under control. . . .It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.”]

He knew, from further classified briefings in early February 2020, that the coronavirus trend was growing more dangerous, yet assured Americans then that “we’re in very good shape” and everything was “going to be fine.”
[Trump 02–10–2020: “I think the virus is going to be — it’s going to be fine. Trump 02–14–2020: “We have a very small number of people in the country, right now, with it. It’s like around 12. Many of them are getting better. Some are fully recovered already. So we’re in very good shape.”]

He anointed himself a medical expert, predicting in mid-February 2020 that the coronavirus would vanish by April 2020.
[Trump 02–19–2020: “I think it’s going to work out fine. I think when we get into April, in the warmer weather, that has a very negative effect on that and that type of a virus. So let’s see what happens, but I think it’s going to work out fine.”]

He urged Americans to increase their stock market investments, as the coronavirus swarmed upon the U.S. in February 2020.
[Trump 02–24–2020, Twitter: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. … Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”]

He proudly beamed in February 2020 that the viral threat was already dissipating in America.
[Trump 02–25–2020: “You may ask about the coronavirus, which is very well under control in our country. We have very few people with it, and the people that have it are … getting better. They’re all getting better. … As far as what we’re doing with the new virus, I think that we’re doing a great job.”]

He predicted in late February 2020 that the number of infected Americans would be “close to zero” within days, dangerously delaying social distancing, accelerated production of medical supplies, and protection from financial disaster.
[Trump 02–26–2020: “Because of all we’ve done, the risk to the American people remains very low. . . . When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero. That’s a pretty good job we’ve done.”]

He misled the gullible millions who hang on his every word that Americans, uniquely, would miraculously be spared.
[Trump 02–28–2020: “I think it’s really going well. … We’re prepared for the worst, but we think we’re going to be very fortunate. It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”]

He misguidedly added the mounting worries about his handling of the coronavirus threat to his long, pandering list of “hoaxes,” putting his sycophantic supporters at particular risk of dismissing the threat, thereby increasing the risk to all Americans.
[Trump 02–28–2020: “This is their new hoax.”]

He doubled down on his scientific ignorance, characterizing the COVID-19 virus, for which there is no vaccine or cure, as far less dangerous than the common flu, as the coronavirus gripped America in its talons in March 2020.
[Trump 03–04–2020: “Some people will have this at a very light level and won’t even go to a doctor or hospital, and they’ll get better. There are many people like that.” Trump 03–04–2020, Twitter: “So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!”]

He bragged about his skill in protecting Americans just as the virus’s economic devastation commenced in America in mid-March 2020 with the first government orders to employ social distancing.
[Trump 03–10–2020, Twitter: “And it hit the world. And we’re prepared, and we’re doing a great job with it. And it will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.” Trump 03–11–2020: “I think we’re going to get through it very well.”]

He crowed, as European illnesses and deaths accelerated throughout March 2020 following the inexorable pattern in China, that his control over the coronavirus was uniquely “tremendous.”
[Trump 03–11–2020: “This is a very contagious virus. It’s incredible. But it’s something that we have tremendous control over.”]

He admitted, five days later, that the coronavirus was out of control.
[Trump 03–16–2020: “If you’re talking about the virus, no, that’s not under control for any place in the world.”]

He boasted of his uniquely prescient foresight about the dangers of the coronavirus as the virus and its economic destruction encircled us in mid-March 2020.
[Trump 03–17–2020: “I’ve always known this is a, this is a real, this is a pandemic. . . . I’ve felt that it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic. . . . All you had to do was look at other countries, . . . I’ve always viewed it as serious.”]

That's the real world, the Cult doesn't go there.
Finfinder wrote:Hope they die too? Liberal don't have 401k's ?
You are the one saying that, not MistyTiger. That's YOUR unwarranted interpretation.

You can argue without attacking the poster all the time, you know. :roll:
Finfinder wrote:Funny how posts like this one says more about the liberal than what the liberals are trying to say about people that simply have different beliefs.

Hope they die too? Liberal don't have 401k's ?

Conservatives tend to favor corporations more. Our current POTUS is a conservative. He seemed so proud of himself for raising the stock market to record highs just months ago. Financial experts were astounded and praising him for inspiring such growth, more than during Obama's presidency.

Now, stocks are falling. And he wants to open up the economy by Easter...not a chance! April will be a terrible month for COVID-19. Recovery is not in sight yet.
Atlantis wrote:@hindsight, Trump is guilty as hell, and it's all in the public domain:

[i]He learned from his January 2020 intelligence briefings that a global pandemic was likely, yet told Americans that month there were “no worries” about a pandemic.
[Trump 01–22–2020, CNBC, host Joe Kernen, interview at World Economic Forum, Davos, Switzerland. Kernen: “Have you been briefed by the CDC?” Trump: “I have.” Kernen: “Are there worries about a pandemic at this point?” Trump: “No. Not at all. . . And, we’re, we have it totally under control. . . .It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.”]

You liberals are so dishonest. There was no worries about a pandemic at that point, especially not in the USA. But things change over time and 9 days later, on 01-31-2020, Trump ordered a travel ban from China and was accused of being racist and a xenophobe from your left-wing media and Joe Biden.

Timeline of key events in the spread of the new coronavirus

JAN. 23: The World Health Organization says the viral illness in China that has sickened hundreds of people is not yet a global health emergency.

JAN. 28: U.S. health officials expand screenings of international travelers and take other precautions. But they insist the risk to Americans is low. “At this point, Americans should not worry for their own safety,” Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar tells reporters.

JAN. 30: The World Health Organization declares the outbreak a global emergency after the number of cases spikes more than tenfold in a week. U.S. President Donald Trump offers some of his most extensive comments on the virus to date during an appearance at a Michigan manufacturing plant. “Hopefully, it won't be as bad as some people think it could be, but we're working very closely with them (China) and with a lot of other people and a lot of other countries," he said. “We think we have it very well under control.” Trump described the handful of U.S. cases as a “very little problem” and said those people were “recuperating successfully.”

JAN. 31: United Airlines, American Airlines and Delta Air Lines suspend all flights to and from China as the virus spreads. The United States declares a public health emergency and takes drastic steps to restrict entry. Trump signs an order that will temporarily bar foreign nationals, other than immediate family of U.S. citizens and permanent residents, who have traveled in China within the last 14 days.

https://news.yahoo.com/timeline-key-eve ... 15403.html

Nobody actually believes that any United States presidents, including President Trump were prophets that can predict the future. President Trump has to make his decisions based on the advice of his medical experts. So it is completely dishonest to hold President Trump up as if he is a false prophet. Under the circumstances most Americans believe he has done a good job with his war against the invisible virus enemy.

Trump’s Handling of Coronavirus Approved by 60% in Gallup Poll
March 24, 2020

Some six in 10 Americans approve of the job Donald Trump is doing to combat the coronavirus crisis, pushing the president’s approval rating – 49% - to the highest of his presidency, according to a poll released Tuesday by Gallup.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... l-k86e29ot
MistyTiger wrote:Conservatives tend to favor corporations more. Our current POTUS is a conservative. He seemed so proud of himself for raising the stock market to record highs just months ago. Financial experts were astounded and praising him for inspiring such growth, more than during Obama's presidency.

Now, stocks are falling. And he wants to open up the economy by Easter...not a chance! April will be a terrible month for COVID-19. Recovery is not in sight yet.

Meanwhile Sweden a somewhat SJWish lefty nation decided NOT to close businesses and to act normally other than closing high schools. Daycare and elementary schools are open as well as restaurants. They trust the Swedish people will act honorably by doing minimal social distancing. Unlike Denmark and Norway they still have open borders. Swedes suffer from massive white guilt.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52080119

It seems it is Cuomo and not Trump who is sabotaging coronavirus response. That guy clearly cares more about economy than people. It seems he will succeed in infecting the whole US without New York quarantine. It will not be just one hot spot, but the whole country. And then this lunatic just like other Democrats will blame it on Trump, despite sabotaging his actions all along.

New York is now in the same position like Italy and Spain, except not so many people are dying yet.
Can you even fucking read @fokker? This from your attached article:

Mr Trump said the latest decision was taken on the recommendation of the White House Coronavirus Task Force.

Talking to Trump supporters is like trying to read to a two year old.
fokker wrote:

It seems it is Cuomo and not Trump who is sabotaging coronavirus response. That guy clearly cares more about economy than people. It seems he will succeed in infecting the whole US without New York quarantine. It will not be just one hot spot, but the whole country. And then this lunatic just like other Democrats will blame it on Trump, despite sabotaging his actions all along.

New York is now in the same position like Italy and Spain, except not so many people are dying yet.

You're not paying attention.

The virus is everywhere. A quarantine is as useful now as tits in a monastery.

Standard protocol now is minimising social interaction. Something Trump should have done a month ago.
But @late, a month ago, the Coronavirus was a Chinese hoax, remember?

Facts hurt trump, because he lies about everything.

Fact check: Trump tries to erase the memory of him downplaying the coronavirus
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/17/poli ... index.html
The man single handed has killed thousands and perhaps tens of thousands. It is bizarre. What amazes me is that his supporters still can't see that. They read his comments. See with their own eyes that he has been consistently wrong from the beginning and continues to do far too little and they support him more and more.

I believe that a great many people simply are not smart enough to know what they are seeing. If that is NOT the case then the answer is even worse. It is that they do not care.

120,000 cases and 2000 dead. Doubled deaths in two days and the virus is exploding around the country.

I am just now going to stand up, put on my protective gear (thank God and not Trump that I actually have any) and go to see if we can feed very vulnerable people in a way that keeps them far apart and allows us to screen them for COVID. For me this is not a political issue. It is life or death.

And by the way Trump supporters. The minute a case is confirmed in a congregate shelter the shelter empties and puts almost all of its people on the street. Men women and children.

Way to fucking go.

Thank you to my Chinese personal friends who shipped me N95 and surgical masks last week. I should have a few hundred of each tomorrow. I will give some to the local hospitals.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Well, at least you guys have no school shootings these days.

There was a guy the FBI arrested last week. He was planning to shoot a church or school or something. Because of the stay at home orders, he changed his plans and decided on shooting up a hospital with COVID-19 patients. Luckily, they stopped him.
late wrote:You're not paying attention.

The virus is everywhere. A quarantine is as useful now as tits in a monastery.

Standard protocol now is minimising social interaction. Something Trump should have done a month ago.

The left acts as if though Trump manufactured the virus and is maliciously spreading the virus to the world. They also belief that if Bernie or Obama were in charge there would be no Corona in America,. That is called tribalism and Trump derangement syndrome. Monday morning quarterbacking is futile.

Just saw an interview of Fauci on CNN the disappointment in the CNN talking head was obvious as Fauci did not speak words of doom and gloom as others paid CNN docs do for ratings and to dethrone 45. By the way, I am not a fan of Trump. I much prefer Republicans like MItt Romney.
Julian658 wrote:
The left acts as if though Trump manufactured the virus and is maliciously spreading the virus to the world.

Not that you seem able to make simple distinctions, but the actual Left in the country is tiny. I don't pay much attention to them.

Even if they do, I'd expect you to back it up with something...

In the real world, people are concerned, they have good reason to be concerned. What Trump is, and is not, doing will kill thousands or hundreds of thousands.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

A new film has been released destroying the offici[…]

You are a supporter of the genocide against the P[…]

Before he was elected he had a charity that he wo[…]

Candace Owens

... Too bad it's not as powerful as it once was. […]