Presumed Coronavirus Cases? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

#15079825
The cases are considered presumptive until they are confirmed by the Centers for Disease Control. Local PCR testing facilities may have to send the results to the CDC to add them to the official tally. For example, New York's state health department received a faulty CDC test kit on Feb. 8 for 800 patient specimens.

The number of presumptive positive cases of the novel coronavirus in Louisiana is continuing to grow. Governor John Bel Edwards confirmed Saturday afternoon that there are now 67 presumptive positive cases, with two confirmed by the CDC.

"Presumptive Positive," a term used by the Centers for Disease Control, means that a test administered by local health professionals is positive.

The Louisiana Department of Health explains that a 'presumptive positive' case is conducted by the State Lab in Baton Rouge, and 'presumptive' becomes 'confirmed' after the state's test is confirmed by the Centers for Disease Control.

https://www.katc.com/news/coronavirus/p ... es-it-mean
#15082109
From CDC Website: Hospitals to List COVID-19 as Cause of Death Even if It's "Assumed to Have Caused Or Contributed to Death" - Lab Tests Not Required

The Coronavirus crisis took the US by storm, spiking unemployment and crashing the stock market virtually over night.

The media is bombarding Americans around the clock with updates on the death count, highlighting death maps and scaring people into staying home.

Governors are forcing small businesses to shut down and threatening to jail anyone who violates their authoritarian social distancing orders.

The media hysteria is based on a Bill Gates-funded IHME Coronavirus model that has been proven to be way off.

It gets worse…

The amount of Americans who are reported to have died from the Coronavirus is based on a CDC coding system that will “result in COVID-19 being the underlying cause more often than not.”

A new ICD code was established to keep track of Coronavirus deaths.

The U07.1 code will be used for death by Coronavirus infection.

However, there’s another secondary code, U07.2, “for clinical or epidemiological diagnosis of COVID-19 where a laboratory confirmation is inconclusive or not available,” the CDC guidelines read.

“Because laboratory test results are not typically reported on death certificates in the U.S., NCHS is not planning to implement U07.2 for mortality statistics.”

Image

This is a huge problem.

“The underlying cause depends upon what and where conditions are reported on the death certificate. However, the rules for coding and selection of the underlying cause of death are expected to result in COVID- 19 being the underlying cause more often than not,” the guidelines read.

“COVID-19 should be reported on the death certificate for all decedents where the disease caused or is assumed to have caused or contributed to death,” CDC guidelines issued March 24 read. “Certifiers should include as much detail as possible based on their knowledge of the case, medical records, laboratory testing, etc.,” the guidance continued.

“If the decedent had other chronic conditions such as COPD or asthma that may have also contributed, these conditions can be reported in Part II.”



#15082118
article quoted by maz wrote:“COVID-19 should be reported on the death certificate for all decedents where the disease caused or is assumed to have caused or contributed to death,” CDC guidelines issued March 24 read. “Certifiers should include as much detail as possible based on their knowledge of the case, medical records, laboratory testing, etc.,” the guidance continued.


I don't see a problem there.

If I run over an 89 year old person who has diabetes, heart disease and high blood pressure then he died because I ran him over and not because he was already sick.

I really do not understand how you and Savid can think anything else.
#15082124
Ter wrote:I don't see a problem there.

If I run over an 89 year old person who has diabetes, heart disease and high blood pressure then he died because I ran him over and not because he was already sick.

I really do not understand how you and Savid can think anything else.


Your hypothetical situation is not analogous because you are referring to physical trauma in relation to disease. In the CDC is referring to any number diseases and underlying medical conditions inrelation to the disease the coronavirus.

Who is to say what someone died from what disease when they had any numerous diseases? I think the point is that the doctors can just arbitrarily count anyone who dies from anything as a Covid-19 death if they happened to have any coronavirus at the time of death.

Image
Last edited by maz on 06 Apr 2020 06:30, edited 1 time in total.
#15082125
maz wrote:Not in my county. They are counting all presumed cases as confirmed cases.



Isn’t that interesting. That would make you think that Communist China must own the WHO.
Unless you are one of the panic panic liberals who actually believe there’s only 88,000 cases of coronavirus in China.
#15082854
They have to inflate the numbers because the virus isn't deadly enough to justify their insane overreaction. The Science! says that in the US for every one point increase in unemployment there will be between 5,000 to 10,000 deaths, and that's ignoring the massive suffering and social destruction their lockdown is going to cause. So they're desperate to make coronavirus appear to be as virulent and deadly as possibble so the public doesn't figure out that they caused the destruction of the global economy with a retarded mass panic.
#15082857
Sivad wrote:They have to inflate the numbers because the virus isn't deadly enough to justify their insane overreaction. The Science! says that in the US for every one point increase in unemployment there will be between 5,000 to 10,000 deaths, and that's ignoring the massive suffering and social destruction their lockdown is going to cause. So they're desperate to make coronavirus appear to be as virulent and deadly as possibble so the public doesn't figure out that they caused the destruction of the global economy with a retarded mass panic.


Who is "they"?
#15082862
maz wrote:Your hypothetical situation is not analogous because you are referring to physical trauma in relation to disease.


It's not analogous because getting run over could kill anyone. Coronvirus isn't something that can just kill anyone, you have to be extremely old or extremely weak to die from it. A more apt analogy would be a common fall that wouldn't injure a healthy person but could kill an old and frail person. The fall didn't kill them, the frailty and inability to heal that comes with advanced age is what killed them.

According to Neil Ferguson, the epidemiologist that the UK and US have based their coronavirus responses on, 2/3 of people who die from coronavirus would have died within 9 months anyway. These are people who already have very poor quality of life and extremely limited life expectancy so whatever the death count is, reduce that by 2/3 and you'll get the real number of preventable deaths.
#15082863
Donna wrote:Who is "they"?


the public health authorities, the technocrats, the academics, the politicians, the very serious expert officialdom that crippled global civilization by causing a retarded mass panic.
#15082865
Sivad wrote:They have to inflate the numbers because the virus isn't deadly enough to justify their insane overreaction. The Science! says that in the US for every one point increase in unemployment there will be between 5,000 to 10,000 deaths, and that's ignoring the massive suffering and social destruction their lockdown is going to cause. So they're desperate to make coronavirus appear to be as virulent and deadly as possibble so the public doesn't figure out that they caused the destruction of the global economy with a retarded mass panic.


To quote the late Acting Navy Secretary. That comment is "too naive or too stupid" and I don't think it is naive.
What do you know about deadly virus? what are your credentials? Do you really think that there is "nothing there" and yet the whole f.king world is going on in panic because they just want to make Trump look bad? (and if that is the case, how do you feel about idolizing the asshole that the whole world is pretending to be on panic just to make him look bad). How can you possibly think such non-sense.
In January I dismissed it (my bad), the news are making a big deal about something half way around the word that has less than 10k total cases. In February, just from the news (not even any kind of "classified information") it was already obvious this was going to be a big deal. Im not in one of the states with high incidence, yet my ICU has ~20 patients currently, close 100 in the whole hospital. I have NEVER before in my career had to care for more than 2 influenza patients at the same time on the same day. Certainly never 2 at the same time that required ICU.
Last edited by XogGyux on 09 Apr 2020 01:17, edited 1 time in total.
#15082868
XogGyux wrote:To quote the late Acting Navy Secretary. That comment is "too naive or too stupid" and I don't think it is naive.
What do you know about deadly virus? what are your credentials? Do you really think that there is "nothing there" and yet the whole f.king world is going on in panic because they just want to make Trump look bad? How can you possibly think such non-sense.
In January I dismissed it (my bad), the news are making a big deal about something half way around the word that has less than 10k total cases. In February, just from the news (not even any kind of "classified information") it was already obvious this was going to be a big deal. Im not in one of the states with high incidence, yet my ICU has ~20 patients currently, close 100 in the whole hospital. I have NEVER before in my career had to care for more than 2 influenza patients at the same time on the same day. Certainly never 2 at the same time that required ICU.


Thank you for your work and dedication. You guys are heroes. <3
#15082871
XogGyux wrote:What do you know about deadly virus? what are your credentials?


I have reams of citations from highly respected experts from all the relevant fields saying exactly that. It's not my opinion, it's the opinion of the most highly cited experts who all other experts recognize as authorities. I never say anything on any question of science that isn't backed up by the findings of the world's foremost authorities on the subject.
#15082872
Sivad wrote:I have reams of citations from highly respected experts from all the relevant fields saying exactly that. It's not my opinion, it's the opinion of the most highly cited experts who all other experts recognize as authorities. I never say anything on any question of science that isn't backed up by the findings of the world's foremost authorities on the subject.


:lol:
#15082873
Donna wrote:Thank you for your work and dedication. You guys are heroes. <3

Thank you, I understand the sentiment but it is everyone. It is a joint effort (other than the dummies that believe in conspiracy theories). The grocery store people, the restaurant server/cook, firefighters/rescue, nurses, the lady that is working remotely from home doing billing/accounting and the guy that is doing pushups in his bedroom instead of the gym. Everybody.
Thank you.

Sivad wrote:
I have reams of citations from highly respected experts from all the relevant fields saying exactly that. It's not my opinion, it's the opinion of the most highly cited experts who all other experts recognize as authorities. I never say anything on any question of science that isn't backed up by the findings of the world's foremost authorities on the subject.

Yes. Don't just say you can quote them, go ahead, find the papers and post them here for us to examine.
I know superman, he is my Palestinian Have my word for it. :lol:

Whataboutisms from the Village Idiot. @Rich , y[…]

This speech alone is a better contribution to our […]

Donald in the Bunker

You put so much false stuff on here that I don't […]

I can’t get the bandana dude clip to work. It'[…]