China's Wuhan shuts down transport as global alarm mounts over virus spread - Page 105 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
The CDC has extended their social distancing guidelines through April 30. I'm pretty sure that means Austin's lockdown will get extended to this day.

I'm guessing at this point, the school year is canceled. Not sure what's going to be done to try and catch kids up, especially the poor kids. :?:
SolarCross wrote:^ that's very deceptive. They may or may not be right or wrong about the risks and benefits of vaccines but "antivaxxer moms" are absolutely not motivated by an indifference or contempt for their own children. It is exactly because they care about their children that they are concerned about the safety of vaccines. The parents that don't care about their kids are the ones that let their kids get vaccinated without bothering to check the safety.

It does not help the pro-vaxxer case to be misrepresenting people, it just makes you look evil and dishonest. Why should anyone trust a liar?

Oh really?

From the front lines. Today people showed up to deliver food. That is beyond wonderful. These folks are at home cooking for homeless people and bringing food to them. So we set up a table in the parking lot where they could deliver the food.

I spent some time out there teaching our volunteers how to handle and disinfect the food. I guess that about 20 people walked by while I was there. None was masked, gloved and a few in groups. They saw the scrubs and white coat and walked right up to me. When I put my hand up and told them to stop and not come closer you could see the offense they were taking on their faces when I refused to get close and talk to them.

We have just got to get the message out there. We have to tell everyone that they HAVE to separate. That young people can and do die....that even if they are a 20 year old who has never had so much as a cold they could get dreadfully ill, possibly die and even in the best of cases kill several people because they are busy trying to google good news.

There are no masks and few gloves. N-95 masks are rare as can be. And we have the president today saying that "if we can hold deaths to 100,000 we will have done a good job". Stunning.

I have no time for his supporters. There is not a single one that I respect. They are all, in my opinion, dangerous fools. All of them. And we see his popularity holding or going up. Who are these idiots who are answering the polls? They are simply fools. The correct information is out there but they refuse to access it.

Here is what to do Trump fools. Call your doctor. Get him/her on the phone and ask what the real deal is. You let him put his finger up your ass and make you take drugs that you do not understand at all so trust him to tell you what to think about this. Trump supporters are not listening to the experts. That is foolish. People who are foolish in the face of a disaster like this are fools. So own it folks. What pisses me off is that my friends and family members have to try and take care of you idiots. Stay home. Don't go out. Only go to the store when you have nothing. Do the smart stuff. You don't have to. You can die instead. And a lot of you will.

I find it ironic that a generation raised on video games can't find something to do.
ness31 wrote:Foxdemon, stop being a little troll..

The double p from grippe comes from the French word gripper apparently. To seize, snatch, grasp..makes sense.

Why? I am having fun exposing motivations of these critics. Noting to worry about, eh? Just hysteria, eh? Turns out they are anti-vaxxer nut jobs who don’t care if they get other people, even their own children, killed.

Rancid wrote:Dr Fauci is now saying that we could see 100,000 - 200,000 deaths in the US. This is dramatically lower than the 1.2 million deaths in the US alone I recall reading about like a week to two ago..

Oh boy, half of all WW2 US deaths or 4 times more than the US deaths in Vietnam. Not a biggy Rancid...
Another possible threat on the horizon

The ABC's chief foreign correspondent Philip Williams has narrowed in on one particular remark of the Prime Minister's during his address from Parliament House.

During the Prime Minister’s $130 billion job support announcement came an almost throwaway comment. He warned some countries could "fall into chaos" as a result of the corona upheaval.

If true we could have more than just domestic worries to deal with. Scott Morrison didn’t mention countries by name. But it doesn’t require a massive leap of imagination to come up with a couple of nations in our region that could be seriously compromised if there was a collapse of law and order.
In which case, Australia may have an external challenge and possibly historic obligations to fulfill.

Let’s hope those scenarios remain just that, but our foreign affairs and defence strategists will be starting to think about consequences , just in case.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-30/coronavirus-live-updates-covid-19-latest-news-new-restrictions/12101046

The link might not be helpful as this news snippet was listed on the live update section.

But it does support @Atlantis belief that the pandemic just might bring down a few governments before it is done. At least the leaders in Australia think this is a credible scenario.
Drlee wrote:I have no time for his supporters. There is not a single one that I respect.

So are we supposed to respect people who say this is a terrible national crisis, but we should keep forces in Iraq and Syria even though the majority of their peoples want us to leave. Why are their highly valuable medical resources not being brought back to their home countries? In this time of crisis why have we not lifted the sanctions against Russia. Why can't the people of Crimea be allowed to choose their own future.

Its the anti Trumpers who demand to keep troops in Iraq and Syria. Its the anti Trumpers who perpetually war monger against Russia. Yet its these same anti Trumpers that tell us that China is our friend. China is a great role model for us. Its the anti Trumpers who demanded that we keep our borders open with China. And its New York city, sanctuary city for illegals and centre of anti-Trumpism that has flooded out infection to the rest of the country.
Rich wrote:Its the anti Trumpers who demand to keep troops in Iraq and Syria. Its the anti Trumpers who perpetually war monger against Russia. Yet its these same anti Trumpers that tell us that China is our friend. China is a great role model for us. Its the anti Trumpers who demanded that we keep our borders open with China. And its New York city, sanctuary city for illegals and centre of anti-Trumpism that has flooded out infection to the rest of the country.
None of what you said in this paragraph is true.

No one wants troops in Syria and Iraq.

Recognizing the threat that Russia poses, and it's interference in US politics, is not war mongering. No one suggests a war with Russia. :roll:

No one is saying that China is a "friend" even though it's been US largest trading partner for a great many years. USA has benefited from this. It's been mutually beneficial, and China is one of the strongest economies in the world. They sure aren't an enemy.

How do you keep a border open with China? :eh: Is that wall going up, yet? :lol:

Knowing what "Sanctuary city" actually means would be a start. Look it up. It has to do with how law enforcement operates within these cities. A little education goes a long ways.
Studies on the relationship between sanctuary status and crime have found that sanctuary policies either have no effect on crime or that sanctuary cities have lower crime rates and stronger economies than comparable non-sanctuary cities.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanctuary_city

The infection spread before anyone responded, and so your babbling about closing borders, and such, is irrelevant. It's responding after the fact.

Infections did not start with illegal immigrants. That's a bold-faced lie.

Anywhere where you have thinking people, you get anti-Trumpism.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Russia doesn't have endless supply of weapons and[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]

Starlink satellites are designed to deorbit and bu[…]