British boxer has license suspended because of video comments - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
Apparently you need a "license" to box in the UK.

You need a license to be a professional boxer anywhere, not just the UK.

As for the punishment: his license hasn't been revoked, it has just been suspended pending a hearing. I doubt he'll be banned from boxing, to be honest. He's donated £25k to a domestic violence charity and apologised, and boxing authorities have cheerfully tolerated far worse in the past. :lol:
QFT @Heisenberg. It's not really such a big deal, and boxing professionals need to watch what they say and do when they are in the public eye. This goes along with most professional sports, as this sort of thing happens everywhere, and is not due to SJWs or anything of the kind.

@SolarCross How did you get that video of me driving? :D
@AFAIK You do not have freedom of speech on this site. You do not have it on Facebook, or any forum on the internet. There are rules and limits to pretty much anything and everything you can imagine. There has to be.

Alex Jones was banned because he's a shitty excuse for a human being and a total asshole. He lied, made up things and was not a person who should be given a platform so spout hateful rhetoric.
Godstud wrote:QFT @Heisenberg. It's not really such a big deal, and boxing professionals need to watch what they say and do when they are in the public eye. This goes along with most professional sports, as this sort of thing happens everywhere, and is not due to SJWs or anything of the kind.

@SolarCross How did you get that video of me driving? :D

It's a UK thing.

For instance, Floyd Mayweather convicted of domestic violence, and the Nevada courts delayed the start of his jail sentence so that it didn't interfere with his next fight.
I agree Godstud and that's why we need to privatise everything. It's not good enough for Uber to block someone from using their taxis on a whim; it should be able to block them from buses, trains and airplanes, too.

Alex Jones was denied an oppourtunity to defend himself. He wasn't proven guilty before a neutral 3rd party and he wasn't given the oppourtunity to appeal. Everyone's experience of the criminal justice system should be like this.
Privatizing is no solution. Uber is a private company, and government control of everything isn't a solution. It's also not necessary.

AFAIK wrote:Alex Jones was denied an oppourtunity to defend himself.
:lol: He would have been unable to defend himself as he said tons of horrible shit and was forced to make dozens of retractions and apologies for his bullshit.

AFAIK wrote: He wasn't proven guilty before a neutral 3rd party and he wasn't given the oppourtunity to appeal.
< sigh>He didn't go to court. A private media entity chose not to let him use their platform.

AFAIK wrote:Everyone's experience of the criminal justice system should be like this.
:roll: This wasn't the criminal justice system. There is nothing to compare.

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]