" Trump Has Sabotaged America’s Coronavirus Response" - Page 63 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
blackjack21 wrote:Just because LBJ would whip out his cock in the oval office ...

On a side note I have only heard that from trollish Chinese Wikipedia editors. Please provide a source of this accusation.
blackjack21 wrote:That's because life under Americans is way better than under the French or the communists.

The good Buddhists of Vietnam faced two enemies, the Communists and the Papists. That's what made resistance so difficult. There was also a desperate need for land reform, to take back the land from the corrupt Papist parasites that had stolen it from the Vietnamese Buddhist people. America and its most reliable allies certainly deserve the world's thanks for saving Japan, Taiwan and South Korea from Communism and valiantly attempting to save Vietnam. The soldiers that died in Vietnam did not die in vein, they gave the free world vital time to build up its immunity to the Marxist virus and helped to slow and stop the spread of this dreadful disease.

The really terrible tragedy was Communist fellow traveller F. D Roosevelt's demand for unconditional surrender from Germany. Roosevelt was a notoriously, dishonest and distrusting man. The only person in which Roosevelt did seem to place a child like trust was Joseph Stalin. I mean who could have guessed that Stalin wouldn't respect the democratic wishes f the people in central Europe and East Asia.
late wrote:For the sane among us, try to imagine what drives a person to get to the top in infectious diseases. It's not about money, kid.

Neither is journalism; yet, who is at the top? Mostly political actors. Who was at the top of the FBI? Mostly political actors. Yes, people like you may think Comey to bet the best and brightest. Others of us are not fooled. That's why we don't like the establishment generally.

late wrote:Docs have been arguing for better pandemic readiness since the 90s. Guys like you ignored them.

I've been saying a pandemic would come for some time. The only other person on this board that has said the same thing is @drlee.

late wrote:You need to drag them down to your level because Trump is also down there.

So you believe scientists testifying on behalf of the tobacco lobby do you? Or are you just incredibly naïve, even at your age?
blackjack21 wrote:
Neither is journalism; yet, who is at the top?

We're not talking about journalists.

You don't have a leg to stand on, kid. Unlike you, they are consistent, and they are interested in fighting diseases, not politics.

That is fiction, also known as propaganda.
blackjack21 wrote:I've been saying a pandemic would come for some time.

I tried a quick search on this forum, linking the word "pandemic" to your username. The last post found before this epidemic is April 2017, exactly three years ago. In other words, for about three years before this epidemic there is no saying of a pandemic from you.
annatar1914 wrote:I didn't say I didn't care, that was a rhetorical remark aimed at all the cowards who were anti-war because they'd rather have some other guy take their place on the draft rolls, some poor guy without a college deferment to get their head blown off. Those same people who pretended to care so much for the Vietnamese slaughtered in the war between the US forces and the NVA/Viet Cong couldn't have cared less about what happened to the Indochinese region of the world once the danger of their being drafted was over.

But I suspect you knew that, you just had to get in some more commentary about the ''American Evil Empire'' .

All those lazy dupes who "served" in a fake war to blow the heads off third-world farmers. These same "loyal but brain-dead servants of empire" were also present to genocide 100 First Nations all across North America. When it's time to kill poor Americans, there will be another team of clean-cut no-brains to do this.

Why you think being a "loyal dog" to organized crime is better than protesting the abuses of the rich maniac class who are in charge of genocides... can be explained by the remote control that you (and your masters) hold in their fat hands.
late wrote:"As states across the country have pleaded for critical medical equipment from a key national stockpile, Florida has promptly received 100 percent of its first two requests — with President Trump and Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis both touting their close relationship.

States including Oklahoma and Kentucky have received more of some equipment than they requested, while others such as Illinois, Massachusetts and Maine have secured only a fraction of their requests.

Governors and state officials have become increasingly frustrated by what they describe as a byzantine and unsteady process for distributing medical supplies from the Strategic National Stockpile... according to interviews and documents from officials in more than a dozen states.

“All I want them to do — very simple — I want them to be appreciative”

He doesn't even try to hide it.

Another part of the crazy is that without the protocol, what you have is a bidding war. You have fifty states and FEMA bidding against each other. Which is nuts.

This crisis will go down as a textbook case of how not to respond to a pandemic.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/governors-plead-for-medical-equipment-from-federal-stockpile-plagued-by-shortages-and-confusion/2020/03/31/18aadda0-728d-11ea-87da-77a8136c1a6d_story.html

This thing isn't over. I'm not going to let my personal dislike of President Trump or political dislike of the Capitalist system (and a President who is unashamedly super-Capitalist in his thinking) get in the way of wishing him and his Administration success with this crisis when it's all said and done. But like I'm saying, it isn't all said and done.

No amount of armchair quarterbacking is going to help the situation, and my attitude is like that of the Allied Anglo-Americans and Soviets during World War Two; wishing for success and dropping any mutual political fire and fury until after the common enemy of mankind is beat.

Can you understand or appreciate that position at all?
annatar1914 wrote:I'm not going to let my personal dislike of President Trump or political dislike of the Capitalist system (and a President who is unashamedly super-Capitalist in his thinking) get in the way of wishing him and his Administration success with this crisis when it's all said and done.

I understand this, but thinking in Member late's shoes, he probably has reason to believe that the battle has been lost at this point of time, and nothing short of uprooting Trump Administration would turn things around.
late wrote:We're not talking about journalists.

You don't have a leg to stand on, kid.

Your style is meaningless. The US establishment does the same thing with scientists as with journalists. They are political operatives with an official cover, and they will wile away as true believers waiting for the moment where they get to play a political role. Lots of political factions do this. Many journalists are thinly-veiled spies (investigative journalists) or just common propagandists. A lot of scientists are shills for corporations. Your naivete for your age is a bit puzzling.

late wrote:Unlike you, they are consistent, and they are interested in fighting diseases, not politics.

No they aren't always consistent. I just gave you the example of Dr. Oxiris Barbot who said exactly the opposite of what she's saying now. You're simply not addressing the point that her previous public remarks were political and not scientific. Rugoz' point is only valid for people like Trump, Cuomo and de Blasio to the extent that they have no scientific training. Dr. Barbot does have scientific training and her remarks were politically motivated, not scientifically motivated.

She still has a job, because she is a woman and a liberal. If she were a man and a conservative, she would have been fired.

Patrickov wrote:I tried a quick search on this forum, linking the word "pandemic" to your username. The last post found before this epidemic is April 2017, exactly three years ago. In other words, for about three years before this epidemic there is no saying of a pandemic from you.

Not everyone gets on a soap box and yammers "pandemic," "end of the world" and so forth. I'm not a doomsayer per se. I've long been of the view that black swan events are recurring. You don't need to look that hard to find that sort of view from me, but it may not be the choice of words you're looking for or repeated with enough bible thumping certitude that convinces you.

Or famine, nuclear war, plague and population collapse. Just because it hasn't happened lately doesn't mean it won't happen again.

However, if we end up with a famine or plague, I imagine the non-producers would get killed off rather quickly.

In fact, in this series of exchanges, I decided to characterize myself as "racist" to point out some of the scientific rationale for why we see such disparities in society. RE: YOU ARE OUT OF ORDER! NO, YOU.. ARE OUT OF ORDER!
I've argued the AIDS epidemic for decades now, just not entirely on PoFo. Keep in mind, not everybody accepts that the word is either woke or bigoted. It's a false choice.
Patrickov wrote:I understand this, but thinking in Member late's shoes, he probably has reason to believe that the battle has been lost at this point of time, and nothing short of uprooting Trump Administration would turn things around.

So he's calling for a Coup-de-Etat or Revolution on top of a Pandemic going on? And increase the misery and chaos and lives lost possibly? That would be insane.

No, he has no real alternative practical solutions because there are none, other than supporting what measures are in place and the officials who are carrying out what efforts they are carrying out. He would have done things differently, I would have, everybody has their own opinion on what should have been done or should be done still, but not everybody is in charge, either.
annatar1914 wrote:So he's calling for a Coup-de-Etat or Revolution on top of a Pandemic going on? And increase the misery and chaos and lives lost possibly? That would be insane.

No, he has no real alternative practical solutions because there are none, other than supporting what measures are in place and the officials who are carrying out what efforts they are carrying out. He would have done things differently, I would have, everybody has their own opinion on what should have been done or should be done still, but not everybody is in charge, either.

I admit that it's just my prediction of his stance, so the first paragraph is a stretch unless he approves of my prediction. Unfortunately with accusation like this he is not likely to express any kind of agreement.

But he had repeatedly claimed that Obamacare (or whatever of Obama's other healthcare policies, sorry that I did not read his posts and sources) would have prevented the current situation in America, and he had repeatedly claimed that Trump had dismantled or sabotaged the said preparation.

(Sorry for another prediction) He also probably won't agree that Trump Administration people are "officials who are carrying out what efforts they are carrying out".

----

Meanwhile, I have also repeatedly stated that individuals' take of precaution measures would be as important if not more. Hong Kong people are immensely anti-government but they did a decent job in containing the disease, dare I say, without supporting what the government has or has not done.

In other words, I know an alternative, which is to enable those around oneself to start the effort and propagate bit-by-bit. I am saying this a bit late now, but there are Americans from both sides (e.g. Member Ter for pro-Trump and Member DrLee for anti-Trump) who have made early warnings of the epidemic. Had their words been heeded the epidemic would have been wreaking less of a havoc here, regardless of whatever Trump Administration has or has not done, and also regardless of whether American people are being supportive of the government.
Drlee wrote:You wrote it. Can't walk it back. Who do you think you are....Trump?

I say that humans do not have the same level of intelligence just as they do not have the same height. Is this a problematic for you?
Julian658 wrote:I say that humans do not have the same level of intelligence just as they do not have the same height. Is this a problematic for you?

As a leftist, I would say that it is obvious that people have differing levels of intelligence.

Trump supporters seem to be more stupid than other people, for example.

They seem to think that letting thousands of people die is a good response to the Coronavirus.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Trump supporters seem to be more stupid than other people, for example.

Any pro-establishment people are stupid. In Hong Kong Communist supporters are usually more stupid or immoral.

Pants-of-dog wrote:They seem to think that letting thousands of people die is a good response to the Coronavirus.

The very existence of Member Ter (who I perceive as pro-Trump) would prove the above statement false.
Patrickov wrote:The very existence of Member Ter (who I perceive as pro-Trump) would prove the above statement false.

No. The fact that a minority of Trump supporters may disagree with a certain policy does not change the fact that most of them seem unintelligent.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Here's a good paper/article on the "privilege[…]

@Pants-of-dog No one has ever said anything abou[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Honestly I think you should give up on hoping to […]

I don't think a multiracial society can function[…]