Evangelical Teachings on the Rapture & Return of Christ - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
ingliz wrote:God farts?

trump
trʌmp

VERB

intransitive

to expel intestinal gas through the anus

:eh:

That is British slang. Here are the true meanings of "trump" and "Trump"

trump noun (1)

\ ˈtrəmp \
Definition of trump (Entry 1 of 4)

1a: a card of a suit any of whose cards will win over a card that is not of this suit
— called also trump card

1b: the suit whose cards are trumps for a particular hand —often used in plural

2: a decisive overriding factor or final resource
— called also trump card

3: a dependable and exemplary person

trump verb
trumped; trumping; trumps
Definition of trump (Entry 2 of 4)

transitive verb

1: to get the better of : OVERRIDE
//where ambition invariably trumps loyalty
— Michael Kramer

2: to play a trump on (a card or trick) when another suit was led

intransitive verb
: to play a trump when another suit was led

trump noun (2)
Definition of trump (Entry 3 of 4)

1a: TRUMPET

1b: chiefly Scotland : JEW'S HARP

2: a sound of or as if of trumpeting
//the trump of doom

Trump biographical name
\ ˈtrəmp \
Definition of Trump (Entry 4 of 4)

Donald J(ohn) 1946–     American businessman and politician; 45th president of the U.S. (2017–  )

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/trump
Patrickov wrote:God doesn't do that himself, although he allows such a thing happen through free will of people.

The Holy Bible recorded this teaching of the Christ's:
"Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's."

IMHO Trump is somehow in the place of Caesar here. There is no need to connect Trump to God too much. He is as connected to God as all of us.

Perhaps, but the Democrats do not want to render unto Trump the things that are Trump's. They seem to think he stole the office of the president by Russian collusion.
Patrickov wrote:The Holy Bible recorded this teaching of the Christ's:
"Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's."

A really useful long term guide? :roll: And how exactly is that meant to be useful after 68AD when the Julio-Claudian dynasty came to an end?
Tracey Cooke - Important Revelations on Trump & Coronavirus created in China
Mar 24, 2020

This guy claims to be a modern day prophet that sees visions from God. But is he?
Is he saying that President Trump will be assassinated after he wins the election?
Besoeker2 wrote:Your holy bible states that the entire world and solar system was created in six days. How credible is that?

Well, I usually quote what I think my intended audience will listen to most. This topic's OP believes in the Bible more so I quote that. If my intended audience are, say, Muslims, I might as well find something in the Qu'ran instead.
Besoeker2 wrote:Your holy bible states that the entire world and solar system was created in six days. How credible is that?

Christians have implicitly excepted that this is a filthy Zoroastrian-Jewish lie. Activities were restricted on the seventh day because it was the day of Ahura Mazda. The week that we follow has nothing do with the Jews and was instituted by Augustus. We rest on the first day of the week, the day of the Sun, not the seventh day of the week like the Jews.

Its like when people say remember the true meaning of Christmas. I agree. Christmas is a pagan festival of Sun worship, its got nothing to do with the birth of Jewish Messiah claimant.
Studies of the original Hebrew, how writers conveyed meaning in those days plus the culture of the time suggest that "day" can be used to denote a time period that has metaphysical significance rather than something of fixed length. In modern times we sometimes use "day" in this way too.

Of course, fundamentalist atheists and Young Earth Creationists will insist on reading the Bible as an instruction manual or a textbook. These are both pretty much cut from the same cloth and there is no shifting them, although IMO the former are the dumber ones because they do not own up to their dogmatism.

This video goes into a bit more depth on this:

Besoeker2 wrote:I'm an atheist and I don't. Theists have their own take on as your video link shows.

This video answers the questions as to what the Holy Bible really teaches about the days of creation:

Genesis Creation Days: Did God Really Create in Six Ordinary Days?

Did God create the "Heavens, Earth, Sea, and everything in them" in just six days as God Himself said in the Ten Commandments (Exodus 20:11)?

https://i.imgur.com/s5FB2UU.png

Thread stinks of Nazi Bandera desperation, trying[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This is an interesting concept that China, Russia[…]

We have totally dominant hate filled ideology. T[…]