" Trump Has Sabotaged America’s Coronavirus Response" - Page 75 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I think we are seeing a transformation here in President Trump. It would be easy to ascribe his seeming attention to detail lately as purely politically motivated. I believe he is frightened that a new president might leave him open to prosecution on a number of crimes but even that is probably not the thing.

I think it has finally dawned on him the shear magnitude of the problem facing our country. If the correct steps are not taken we could lose a million people. Even his own "worst case" of 250,000 is weighing on him. And, I think he can clearly see that the public sentiment is placing a great deal of blame for failing to act squarely on his shoulders. I think there is a heart in there and I think he just got hooked up to it.

At today's briefing he read carefully from his script. He even went so far as to praise Washington state and California for their apparently successful start on this crisis. Of course he had to spin a yarn about sports but he is behaving much better than before.
Drlee wrote:I think we are seeing a transformation here in President Trump. It would be easy to ascribe his seeming attention to detail lately as purely politically motivated. I believe he is frightened that a new president might leave him open to prosecution on a number of crimes but even that is probably not the thing.

I think it has finally dawned on him the shear magnitude of the problem facing our country. If the correct steps are not taken we could lose a million people. Even his own "worst case" of 250,000 is weighing on him. And, I think he can clearly see that the public sentiment is placing a great deal of blame for failing to act squarely on his shoulders. I think there is a heart in there and I think he just got hooked up to it.

At today's briefing he read carefully from his script. He even went so far as to praise Washington state and California for their apparently successful start on this crisis. Of course he had to spin a yarn about sports but he is behaving much better than before.

I think his son in law Jared Kushner is an idiot with his proclamations of 'don't complain'. He has no heart Drlee that man is just scared he is going to go down in history as the incompetent president, who started the Great Depression. I have no illusions about his crap ways and disorganized foolish shit. He cost the nation about half a million people's lives Drlee by not acting fast enough. Lying as usual. They need to find out how to solve the problem. Everyone is saying the ventilator issue is not going to be resolved til June. In Mexico the engineers at UNAM came up with less costly but just as effective ventilaors and they have maquiladoras that will produce them en masse. I think Mexico won't get hit hard til May. Here May is infernally hot. But? They started fairly early on the prevention measures.

All the medical masks, etc are very readily available Drlee. I think Mexico produces a lot of medical equipment and the pharmacies are everywhere in this country. I am wondering how they are going to cope with things.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/ ... -shortages

How ironic Drlee, doctors running across the border buying surgical masks from Mexico. After the dummy prez insulting Mexico all this time. Karma.
Canada

Canada in COVID-19 lockdown: It’s morning rush hour and across the nation all is still
At the same time on the same day, Postmedia reporters in nine cities sketched the new normal at an iconic spot in their city at 8:30 a.m.
https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/co ... ian-cities
Godstud wrote:@Julian658 I am not anti-American. I am anti-DUMB American. BIG difference.

As an example of leadership, the Thai Health PM is looking at a 24 hour curfew and lockdown, despite only having 2,000 COVID cases nationwide. We mostly only see his health minister and doctors, as he's stepped back to let them be the informed leadership. Right now there's a 7PM to 7AM lockdown, but the streets are quiet, anyways, with only a few stupid asses going out(some monks-at least masked- and teenaged boys playing basketball). This is going to be clamped down on very soon, I hope.

The cases have spread from Bangkok due to people going home with no jobs, but they've been tracking and quarantining people who do so, with check ins by clinic workers and testing.

This is interesting:
https://covidtracker.5lab.co/#

That's a better response than the USA has had. I know, it's only 68 million people and not 320 million. It's a developing country, and not a rich one. Their healthcare system is more socialized than the USA one, too.

That USA is behind the ball, even compared to Thailand, is absurd for a powerful , rich country like the USA. It's a prime example of failure of leadership, and not stupidity on the part of Americans. You get get dumb people everywhere who think the virus can't hurt them, or their loved ones.

Godstud wrote:@Finfinder
I do not shit on everything American. Americans are some of the nicest people in the world and there are lots of things to admire about the USA, but their politics are not one of those things, and they have glaring flaws in their gun control, Healthcare system, etc. I rightly criticize American politics. I am knowledgeable about it.

Its hard to differentiate your moving position , when your shittimg American people in the first sentence of your first post. Seem like you shit on America in general often. Got news for we don't care what you think. Have your fun though it's very productive.

Have nice day
Finfinder wrote:
Its hard to differentiate your moving position , when your shittimg American people in the first sentence of your first post. Seem like you shit on America in general often. Got news for we don't care what you think.

He's not moving, at all.

You've got a very tender spot. And we're sorry it upsets your delicate sensibilities when he accidentally touches it.

Some people don't ignore their problems...
late wrote:He's not moving, at all.

You've got a very tender spot. And we're sorry it upsets your delicate sensibilities when he accidentally touches it.

Some people don't ignore their problems...

No I just have eye for hypocrisy, you on the otherhand have no argument without directing it towards the poster.

Everyone can see the quote its in english. Are you going to tell me the words are not on the page for everyone to read. ......... probably. :lol:
Lol the president is a fucking moron and the only thing he knows how to do is ramble idiotically about taking a drug some Silicon Valley fucklord told Jared Kushner might like be helfpul? Maybe? Lmao just god damn the president is stupid.

Also watch out late!!! Finfinder try change narrative! He change narrative now!! Narative change!!! He try change on you!!
Stormsmith wrote:Tourists do get state of the art healthcare which helps support Cuban healthcare, but if someone needs it, they get it.

And yes, doctors earn a pittance but it's the state that pays for it. All states require capital, and with that blockade thingee only 3 country's traded with them: Russia, Canada, and Mexico. President Trump is making it difficult again, because, I'm convinced, Obama wanted to move towards normalizing stuff. So, little money in the national treasury, little wages. It's like that for everyone who works for the state.

I hear you, buy many docs and engineers are looking for a job as bartender. But, I give Cuba credit, the people seem to be happy and there is a lesser degree of economic disparity. Nevertheless, according to Dr. Gates from Harvard the black folks remain low in the socioeconomic strata and the Cubans of Spanish ancestry are higher up.
Last edited by Julian658 on 05 Apr 2020 06:03, edited 1 time in total.
Finfinder wrote:Its hard to differentiate your moving position , when your shittimg American people in the first sentence of your first post.
I have never implied that all Americans are dumb. I said that I was anti-DUMB American, not anti-American. To clarify, I am also anti-DUMB Canadian(or anyone, for that matter), and I know very many smart Americans.

Finfinder wrote:Seem like you shit on America in general often.
I shit on their poor leadership(their Liar-in-Chief, Trump) and their government's foreign policy. I do criticize their medical system, as well, which should be ahead of the ball on this, since USA is the richest and most advanced country(medically speaking, according to some), in the world.

You can't seem to differentiate between that, and the people. I can.
God: Lately you have written some good posts, but this one is quite awful. All one needs to do is change race , gender, or nationality and it looks real bad. I get it! It is ok to insult Americans, but you always take it to the extreme. You should try to be post in a gentle manner and leave the insulting remarks behind. Just sayin'

Godstud wrote:I have never implied that all blacks are dumb. I said that I was anti-DUMB black, not anti-black. To clarify, I am also anti-DUMB Asian(or anyone, for that matter), and I know very many smart blacks.

Godstud wrote:I have never implied that all gays are dumb. I said that I was anti-DUMB gay, not anti-gay. To clarify, I am also anti-DUMB straight(or anyone, for that matter), and I know very many smart gays.

Godstud wrote:I have never implied that all Italians are dumb. I said that I was anti-DUMB Italian, not anti-Italian. To clarify, I am also anti-DUMB Jew(or anyone, for that matter), and I know very many smart Italians.
:roll: I was responding to Finfinder's stupid remark that I was anti-American. I wasn't calling Americans dumb. You ignore the context, just as he did. Stop flinging poo. (Nationality is not the same as ethnicity, but I can see you're maybe incapable of understanding nuance, and ignored the rest of my post.)

Follow your own advice. :knife:

Another pointless post from @Julian658 who wants to do anything but argue the fact that Trump has dropped the ball and USA is suffering for it.
Godstud wrote::roll: I was responding to Finfinder's stupid remark that I was anti-American. I wasn't calling Americans dumb. You ignore the context, just as he did. Stop flinging poo. (Nationality is not the same as ethnicity, but I can see you're maybe incapable of understanding nuance, and ignored the rest of my post.)

Follow your own advice. :knife:

Another pointless post from @Julian658 who wants to do anything but argue the fact that Trump has dropped the ball and USA is suffering for it.

If I missed any pro American posts from you let me know I can't recall any. Should be able clear that up and set me straight easily. :lol:
Godstud wrote:@Finfinder I haven't seen any pro-Canada or pro-Thailand posts from you, so you must be Anti-Canadian and anti-Thai, right? Your logic is very flawed. :lol:

It's not logic it is an observation, and directly rebukes comments on this thread. It's valid because it goes to credibility. Do any you people actually follow the entire thread and reply in context. LOL It's as if previous posts never occurred.

No one cares about Thailand, and Canada is like the friendly neighborhood Down Syndrome kid, pretty harmless.

Are you mad I actually defend my country from or the dominating posts of fake news and propaganda spread by foreigners? :lol: Globalists suck.
I am merely pointing out that you are not holier than thou. :D

If you actually paid attention to my posts, I am not anti-American. You are, however, a reactionary, and think that if they're not with you, they're against you. I can't combat that mentality, unfortunately.
Godstud wrote:I am merely pointing out that you are not holier than thou. :D

If you actually paid attention to my posts, I am not anti-American. You are, however, a reactionary, and think that if they're not with you, they're against you. I can't combat that mentality, unfortunately.

God:

You have the talent to make very effective posts without constantly using anti-American innuendo and insulting remarks to other posters. Don't get me wrong a well placed stinger is often fun and necessary, I get that.

BTW, I always saw Canadians as regular Americans. From my perspective the differences are quite small.
@Finfinder siad: If I missed any pro American posts from you let me know I can't recall any. Should be able clear that up and set me straight easily

Could be a reading comprehension problem on top of Finfinder's rabid nationalism.

@Godstud
I do criticize their medical system, as well, which should be ahead of the ball on this, since USA is the richest and most advanced country(medically speaking, according to some), in the world.

I would say that shows a real respect for at least one American strength. But, you see Finfinder, looking at the US response to this virus from anywhere but in the most ardent right wing press shows that the most advanced medical capability in the world is being squandered by inaction; both currently and in the past.

Here is the deal Finfinder. The US does have the most sophisticated medical care available anywhere in the world. We have a robust research and development capability. We have the money to pay for swift and decisive action. We have, arguably, doctors the equal of any in the world and better than the majority of them. Clearly our medical schools are the most popular anywhere.

But what we do not have that most of the developed world has is the ability to put a stamp on it. We can't deliver the best medical care in the world to all of our people. Most of the time it just means that outcomes for a great many of your people are poor. They die of cancer, heart disease, etc because of lack of access to the best we have to offer. If you have good insurance you can have a great result in the US. If you don't have it you are pretty much consigned to emergency care in the OR and then the dustbin of charity services. In the US a citizen can die of a completely curable disease literally in the shadow of a top notch medical center. And in the current crisis we see that in spades. (No pun intended.)

As an American I was raised to believe that questioning what our government is doing and vociferously holding their feet to the fire for their mistakes IS the pro-American position to take. Citizenship 101 is "love it or leave it". Graduate level citizenship is "fix it, fix it, fix it, we can always get better and it is the sacred duty of elected officials to see to it that we do".

You do know, Finfinder that Trump works for me. He is an employee of the federal government. Like any CEO he can be fired by the board of directors. Us. He doesn't know that. Like some policemen he has become tainted by what he sees as a hostile environment. Welcome to life in the food chain Donald. The rest of us work at the pleasure of the boss every fucking day. And if we fail to make that boss happy we go. You, of all people, should know that. It is what made you famous.

Of course you are. Hardly, I don't want to help[…]

Victoria Nuland called. She wants her ahistoric[…]

As is usually the case, I am right. I was […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

litwin doesn't know this. What litwin knows is: […]