" Trump Has Sabotaged America’s Coronavirus Response" - Page 89 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15083102
Or another way to look at it is the the country has moved to the right NOT pulled, because the left has failed to govern.


Ahhh. Don't we have a conservative president and Senate? Who is it that you believe has "failed to govern"?
#15083107
Finfinder wrote:
Or another way to look at it is the the country has moved to the right NOT pulled, because the left has failed to govern.



The Kochs spent several hundred million creating the world's most sophisticated (before Putin) propaganda machines and an army of organisations to turn the crazy into political action.
#15083111
Julian658 wrote:
I don't think there is such a thing as racism

If there is equality there can be no racism.



There is not, and never has been, anything remotely like equality.

We ended slavery, we eventually repressed the mass violence of racist organisations. We never really fixed the damage that was done.

If you don't study racism, it's easy to overlook it. If you do study the reality of the situation, it is astonishing and overwhelming.

Oh yeah, it's getting worse.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Societal_racism
#15083124
late wrote:There is not, and never has been, anything remotely like equality.

We ended slavery, we eventually repressed the mass violence of racist organisations. We never really fixed the damage that was done.

If you don't study racism, it's easy to overlook it. If you do study the reality of the situation, it is astonishing and overwhelming.

Oh yeah, it's getting worse.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Societal_racism


You confuse discrimination with racism. Sure, during slavery the English and descendants saw themselves as the superior race, but that is all in the past. We now accept that all men are created equal and that they belong to the human race. There is only one human race. As I said before what we now have is discrimination. And discrimination does not imply one group is superior to another. I think you are talking about discrimination, but call it racism. The word racism has an awful meaning. It assumes one group is inherently superior to another.
#15083137
SpecialOlympian wrote:Ok discrimination doesn't exist is your point and aside from being off topic it's just too dumb to engage with a lazy troll.


You are totally unable to have a simple argument. Calling someone a troll is not an argument.

Meanwhile, the president has found a brilliant way to flatten the curve.



Flattening of the curve is a nightmare for the left. They would like that curve to be very steep.
#15083138
Drlee wrote:Ahhh. Don't we have a conservative president and Senate? Who is it that you believe has "failed to govern"?


You as a liberal should still remember all the congressional and gubernatorial seats that were lost in the 8 years of Obama. :roll:

https://www.quorum.us/data-driven-insig ... hower/291/

In 2009, President Obama’s party controlled both chambers of 27 state legislatures. Eight years later, Democrats control both chambers in only 13 states. Among the states that slipped from Democratic control are Wisconsin, North Carolina, Iowa and West Virginia; states key to the victory of President-elect Donald Trump last November. According to a report from the National Conference of State Legislatures, the Democratic Party has lost a net total of 13 Governorships and 816 state legislative seats since President Obama entered office, the most of any president since Dwight Eisenhower.

https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hub/2054723/hu ... t.001.jpeg
#15083142
Julian658 wrote:You are totally unable to have a simple argument. Calling someone a troll is not an argument.


I wasn't making an argument. I was telling you I don't consider you worth my time because you are a lazy troll. Thank you for demonstrating your inability to read, further proving why you are not worth my time.
#15083155
Well while pig prez 45 continues to say the nation will be open for business by May 1st? People who are dealing with mass unemployment issues are saying they may have to start a mass bailout of African nations and Latin American nations because the 'wealth' is based on huge debt payments to banks. Now they can't pay. Got to cancel the debt or face never getting anything paid at all and revolutions over this Corona problem with super poor nations unable to pay those IMF debts. Meanwhile the head of the WHO is being accused of not being on poor Pig 45's side and they are withholding funds from him.

Oxfam is saying if you don't intervene....you got issues:

#15083156
SpecialOlympian wrote:I wasn't making an argument. I was telling you I don't consider you worth my time because you are a lazy troll. Thank you for demonstrating your inability to read, further proving why you are not worth my time.


And there goes the little kid that cannot play ball therefore he runs home with the ball. :roll:

Image

Did you see how I described you without using an insulting remark? :lol:
#15083160
No actually the word is racism. You really need to get with it son.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, as I said, Trump's popularity is in free fall over this.

The American people simply believe he is doing a poor job.
#15083161
Julian658 wrote:I know quite well the media and leaders have ingrained the word racism into the minds of the population. But, the correct term is discrimination.


It is also often confused with tribalism that is ingrained in us. People tend to trust those they like, they are related to, they can communicate with, they have something in common with more than the rest. It affects preference for living area (same nationality, same race, same language, same social class) and preference for partner (naturally there are people with varying preferences). It has absolutely nothing in common with racism for great majority of people.

In eastern Europe communists tried to raise children to become a model socialist society, but guess what they ended up betraying the old generation and ditching the system. Similarly some liberals think they can remove some human traits by careful upbringing to produce what they think is a model human.
#15083162
Julian658 wrote:
I know quite well the media and leaders have ingrained the word racism into the minds of the population. But, the correct term is discrimination.



Usage determines meaning, but thanks for the laugh.

There are a number of different types of racism that Blacks have to deal with. Of course, that's back in the real world.
#15083163
fokker wrote:It is also often confused with tribalism that is ingrained in us. People tend to trust those they like, they are related to, they can communicate with, they have something in common with more than the rest. It affects preference for living area (same nationality, same race, same language, same social class) and preference for partner (naturally there are people with varying preferences). It has absolutely nothing in common with racism for great majority of people.

In eastern Europe communists tried to raise children to become a model socialist society, but guess what they ended up betraying the old generation and ditching the system. Similarly some liberals think they can remove some human traits by careful upbringing to produce what they think is a model human.


Discrimination based on racial group is a preference. However, the term racism seems to imply superiority. Maybe that is why I think the word causes psychological damage to some groups. I know quite well that some groups think they are better than others, but that is jsu discrimination based on racism. Thinking about something does not make it real.

You are quite correct with regards to tribalism. We evolved in tribes and as tribe members we tend to think our tribe is the best.
#15083166
late wrote:Usage determines meaning, but thanks for the laugh.

There are a number of different types of racism that Blacks have to deal with. Of course, that's back in the real world.


Blacks deal with massive discrimination, not racism. The people that discriminate against blacks are not superior or any better. BTW, the discrimination gets better every day. I am hopeful for a very bright future.
#15083167
Julian658 wrote:
Thinking about something does not make it real.

but that is just discrimination based on racism.




Defining a reality out of existence doesn't make it not real.

That would be discrimination that happened as a result of racism.

Intellectually, you're a joke, but again, thanks for the laugh.
  • 1
  • 87
  • 88
  • 89
  • 90
  • 91
  • 160

I never said “colored”. I said “people of colour[…]

Most of them are. This is what's really happeni[…]

2. You do not have a right to infect others. Tha[…]

Election 2020

The fact that the Democrats will not support vote[…]