" Trump Has Sabotaged America’s Coronavirus Response" - Page 90 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15083168
Drlee wrote:No actually the word is racism. You really need to get with it son.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, as I said, Trump's popularity is in free fall over this.

The American people simply believe he is doing a poor job.

Nope, it is discrimination according to skin color and the the person that discriminates has to have power to discriminate.
#15083169
late wrote:Defining a reality out of existence doesn't make it not real.

That would be discrimination that happened as a result of racism.

Intellectually, you're a joke, but again, thanks for the laugh.


Insulting remarks are not arguments.
Let me ask you a question. Do you think some racial groups are superior to others?
#15083170
Speaking of racism, Covid-19 is disproportionately affecting people of colour and poor people.

The rich flee, the middle class hide, and the poor stay at work and use mass transit and keep everything going and get infected.

Meanwhile, Trump keeps calling it the Chinese virus and racism against people who look Chinese is on the rise.
#15083171
SpecialOlympian wrote:It's true. Did you know that white men are 3x more likely to shoot themselves than to use their guns in self defense, die in a car crash, or any other kind of accidental death combined? This is why every white man in America must be armed. White people will just kill themselves, we don't even need Soros to keep funding our race mixing and white genocide programs. It's as simple as letting Yakubians turn their violent instincts against themselves.

AOC is smart and hot, unlike all those low-class cracker women in congress. The fact that she's a good Muslim girl just makes it even better.




Haha, yeah! Those crazy crackers!


Hey, I hear African America is facing an impending income crisis. Apparently the well meaning, but gullible crazy cracker progressives aren’t breeding enough. When the proportion of them in America’s population drops below a certain threshold, who will be left to pay for African Americans? Don’t look to Asian or Latin Americans for help. They’ll just tell you “If you want it, then you work for it”.


Life just won’t be the same when there aren’t enough gullible crazy crackers around.
#15083172
Discrimination based on racial group is a preference. However, the term racism seems to imply superiority. Maybe that is why I think the word causes psychological damage to some groups. I know quite well that some groups think they are better than others, but that is jsu discrimination based on racism. Thinking about something does not make it real.


This is just weird. You are making no sense at all. What, exactly is your point? You seem to be denying that there is no racism because it is, after all, just a choice to discriminate against others?

:moron:
#15083180
Pants-of-dog wrote:Speaking of racism, Covid-19 is disproportionately affecting people of colour and poor people.


The virus will thrive among people that live in crowded conditions in big cities and those that do not do social distancing. Skin color is irrelevant.

The rich flee, the middle class hide, and the poor stay at work and use mass transit and keep everything going and get infected.

Yes, there is a social strata. What are you suggesting?

Meanwhile, Trump keeps calling it the Chinese virus and racism against people who look Chinese is on the rise.


Typical lefty looking for an angle of so-called racism where there is none.

Do you think it is racist to call the 1917 virus the Spanish Flu? How about German measles? Or Lyme disease? IF I was from that town i would be screaming racism. :lol: :lol:

Is the fact that the virus is worse in obese people with diabetes, lung disease, and other comorbidities due to racism?
#15083181
Drlee wrote:This is just weird. You are making no sense at all. What, exactly is your point? You seem to be denying that there is no racism because it is, after all, just a choice to discriminate against others?

:moron:

All I am saying is that the word racism implies superiority of one group over another? Do you agree or disagree?
I rather say discrimination based on group differences.
#15083185
@Julian658 It's not simply about superiority of one group or another, but a denigration of another group. That, in itself, implies superiority. Kapeesh?

The simple definition is insufficient.

Racism is the belief that groups of humans possess different behavioral traits corresponding to physical appearance and can be divided based on the superiority of one race over another. It may also mean prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against other people because they are of a different race or ethnicity. Modern variants of racism are often based in social perceptions of biological differences between peoples. These views can take the form of social actions, practices or beliefs, or political systems in which different races are ranked as inherently superior or inferior to each other, based on presumed shared inheritable traits, abilities, or qualities.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism
#15083186
Godstud wrote:I was raised a Christian, so pretending I don't know about Christianity, is sheer hubris, on your part.

You were apparently too hard headed to pay attention and learn anything.

Godstud wrote:That's fine, but he didn't cheat on them, did he? Trump's no King David, either.

King David surely did cheat on his wives, but God forgave him just like God forgave Donald Trump.
Praise the Lord.
#15083187
:lol: Being logical and reasonable is hard-headed? Guilty as charged!

Please provide evidence that King David cheated on his wives, like the scumbag Trump.

@annatar1914 Was King David unfaithful to his wives? You can't love and respect someone that you are unfaithful to.

Then again, what do I know?
Exodus 20:17 = Husbands and wives are to be sexually faithful to each other in the marriage relationship. (See also Leviticus 18:20)

Also that annoying Commandment:
Thou shalt not commit adultery
#15083189
Holy bat soup, Batman! :eek:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-10/coronavirus-triggers-struggle-between-donald-trump-and-china/12138772


Reassessing America's place in the world order

Robert Spalding, a senior fellow at the Hudson Institute, believes coronavirus has shattered the "myth" of American global supremacy.

As a former senior director of strategy at the National Security Council — the President's most important advisory body — he offers a sobering assessment of America's place in the world today.

"I think the myth was that the US was still the main power acting throughout the world," he told the ABC.

A man in a face mask holding up a sign reading "We Need Protection Equipment"
He describes the current crisis, and America's less-than-optimal response, as a "wow" moment for many in Washington.

"All our pharmaceuticals are manufactured in China. All of our masks are manufactured in China. Basically everything is manufactured in China," he told ABC.
"We have this incredible logistics capability for deploying [military] forces abroad but it's all dependent on the help of the Chinese Communist Party."

And he sees that as a clear and present threat to the United States.

"We don't have to have a conflict in the traditional sense of the word to actually be threatened by the fact our supply chains are over there [in China]."



Well, people in the know have realised American hegemony was increasingly a myth for well over a decade. What was that guy’s name that was making a fuss about it in 2003? The thing that has changed is that now is that even normies can see it.

Hopeful @Atlantis won’t read this article, less he starts to gloat.
#15083190
Godstud wrote:@Julian658 It's not simply about superiority of one group or another, but a denigration of another group. That, in itself, implies superiority. Kapeesh?

The simple definition is insufficient.

Racism is the belief that groups of humans possess different behavioral traits corresponding to physical appearance and can be divided based on the superiority of one race over another. It may also mean prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against other people because they are of a different race or ethnicity. Modern variants of racism are often based in social perceptions of biological differences between peoples. These views can take the form of social actions, practices or beliefs, or political systems in which different races are ranked as inherently superior or inferior to each other, based on presumed shared inheritable traits, abilities, or qualities.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism


I do not disagree with the intention of those that write the definitions for others to read and follow. However, some definitions imply superiority of one group over another. I strongly disagree with that concept! I believe that discrimination according to skin color or nationality is nothing more than tribalism or in group preference. The first sentence states that so-called racism may be based on the superiority of one group over another. And that is wrong!

It is understood that some people feel superior to others. For example you are Canadian and you look down on Americans. However, I believe there is no difference between Canadians and Americans so I could care less that you look down on Americans. Americans lose no sleep over that. However, if I thought Americans were inferior to Canadians it is possible I could get upset because I may have low self esteem because of the so-called Canadian superiority. However, since I believe there is no difference between Canadians and Americans I feel no distress. At the end of the day there cannot be racism among equals.
#15083191
What you believe, and the reality, seem to be at odds with each other, when it comes to racism.

Julian658 wrote:For example you are Canadian and you look down on Americans.
:roll: I don't look down on Americans. That's a really stupid statement. Stop listening to the dotards on this forum.

The biggest difference between Americans and Canadians lies in their politics, and partisanship.
#15083192
Godstud wrote::lol: Being logical and reasonable is hard-headed? Guilty as charged!

Please provide evidence that King David cheated on his wives, like the scumbag Trump.

@annatar1914 Was King David unfaithful to his wives? You can't love and respect someone that you are unfaithful to.

Then again, what do I know?
Exodus 20:17 = Husbands and wives are to be sexually faithful to each other in the marriage relationship. (See also Leviticus 18:20)

Also that annoying Commandment:
Thou shalt not commit adultery

Yes, adultery, that is exactly what King David did. You are so ignorant that you don't know about King David's affair with Bathsheba, another man's wife.
Hallelu YaH
#15083194
Yes, so there are no repercussions to disobeying God's word, is what you're saying. Brilliant!

I can do whatever the fuck I want my whole life and not follow the religious stupidity, as long as on my deathbed I say, "Sorry God. I believe in you.". Wonderful! :lol:
#15083196
Godstud wrote:What you believe, and the reality, seem to be at odds with each other, when it comes to racism.

:roll: I don't look down on Americans. That's a really stupid statement. Stop listening to the dotards on this forum.

The biggest difference between Americans and Canadians lies in their politics, and partisanship.

The words stupid or dotards are not arguments God.
All I am saying to you is that many definitions of racism imply racial superiority of one group over another and that is wrong.

I used the example of Canadian and American as an analogy . You could spend all day bad mouthing Americans and no one cares because in the end most people believe that Canadians and Americans are more or less the same. If people believed blacks and whites were the same racism would not exist. There is no racism among equals.
#15083197
Do you think it is racist to call the 1917 virus the Spanish Flu?


Well sort of considering that it did not originate in Spain. It may not be racist but it was a ridiculous mistake. Actually it might have started in North America.

How about German measles?
Well. The reason it is called German Measles (and that is not what physicians call it by the way) is because it was originally described by three German physicians.

Or Lyme disease?
Named after where the complete syndrome was studied and presented. The disease has been around in North America for thousands of years.

Again. What is your point?
#15083199
Julian658 wrote:The words stupid or dotards are not arguments God.
All I am saying to you is that many definitions of racism imply racial superiority of one group over another and that is wrong.

I used the example of Canadian and American as an analogy . You could spend all day bad mouthing Americans and no one cares because in the end most people believe that Canadians and Americans are more or less the same. If people believed blacks and whites were the same racism would not exist. There is no racism among equals.

Except for Canadians that choose to live in Thailand. :lol:
#15083203
Drlee wrote:Well sort of considering that it did not originate in Spain. It may not be racist but it was a ridiculous mistake. Actually it might have started in North America.

Well. The reason it is called German Measles (and that is not what physicians call it by the way) is because it was originally described by three German physicians.

Named after where the complete syndrome was studied and presented. The disease has been around in North America for thousands of years.

Again. What is your point?


The post is directed at POD who is looking for racism where there is none. Thanks for the goggled info.
  • 1
  • 88
  • 89
  • 90
  • 91
  • 92
  • 159

This is demonstrably untrue. Workers get a much […]

In this case, Dershowitz is almost right. On th[…]

Don't vote for Biden

US killed 600,000 people in Iraq. Does that make u[…]

[KS mod note: Posts discussing religion and evol[…]