China's Wuhan shuts down transport as global alarm mounts over virus spread - Page 117 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15083227
Drlee wrote:For the bazillionth time....Corona Virus is not influenza.

They are both caused by viruses.

Drlee wrote:What chance is that? What happened before?

Allergic reaction.

Drlee wrote:Yes. If you get CV-19 at your age you will certainly be good to go....and go pretty quickly.

Ha ha. That's a funny joke.

Drlee wrote:Is she? Well you should always do what she says. If she does not believe it is safe for you to take the new vaccine then that is that. Of course there is no vaccine at this point so she could not know whether you would be affected poorly or not but if you have a doctor you trust you should always follow their advice.

I have a male doctor that knows me and I trust his judgment. But on this matter I trust my judgment more because I had the first hand experience.

Drlee wrote:I on the other hand, would take the experimental vaccine today.

Good luck.
#15083228
@Hindsite When the COVID vaccine comes, which I am sure it will, it will be closer to that pneumonia vaccine you took. It's not a flu.

Allergic reactions are very rare, with vaccines. Get your information here, and not from guys on Youtube.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/prevent/general.htm
#15083234
fokker wrote:I'm doubtful about the vaccine, by the time it will be developed the virus will have infected millions of people so there is chance it will not work against all mutations and we will keep getting a new vaccine every year.


Actually this is a concern for me. What we know of viruses is that overtime they usually become less deadly due to the weaker mutations spreading and those who are seriously ill staying home. Today, just like the Spanish flu, those with little or no symptoms are staying home whilst the seriously ill are going to hospitals and nurses who maybe infected then visit supermarkets like the rest of the populous.

We cannot stop mutations, but we can manipulate the type of virus that spreads. And if we have variants, containment measures from isolation is more likely to create deadlier forms as illustrated by the trenches in WW1.
#15083302
@fokker, you have no reason for gloating. East Germany has fever cases than West Germany because Eastern Europe is still less integrated. In my village ordinary people started to go to Italy for holidays back in the 1950s and 60s.

If they increase testing to German levels, most countries will have 3 to 10 times more confirmed infections than they actually have and the same infected/death ratio as Germany. Germany still has enough free hospital capacities so that it is taking ICU patients from Italy, Spain and France and is sending ventilators to the UK and millions of masks to Italy even though it doesn't have enough masks.

I know you refuse to understand the facts and the importance of testing. So I won't waste my time.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal ... reddit.com

https://www.euromomo.eu/

http://www.casualhacker.net/covid19/#dt ... TA;FRA;BEL
#15083311
Atlantis wrote:If they increase testing to German levels, most countries will have 3 to 10 times more confirmed infections than they actually have and the same infected/death ratio as Germany. Germany still has enough free hospital capacities so that it is taking ICU patients from Italy, Spain and France and is sending ventilators to the UK and millions of masks to Italy even though it doesn't have enough masks.

I know you refuse to understand the facts and the importance of testing. So I won't waste my time.


If Germany is so generous, why block export of protective equipment? Please don't be ridiculous about Germany's solidarity. Had those countries received the equipment they ordered, maybe there would be fewer dead medical staff and they could provide better care themselves? :roll: I hope the current crisis will be eye opener for many Europhiles.

The core problem is their lack of discipline. Testing is secondary problem. In scenario where not everybody can be tested one needs to assume they are infected if they have symptoms and take precautions not to spread it. Italy should increase their testing, but every country has a limit that cannot be exceeded.

If you want to be taken seriously you need to stop advocating totalitarian measures to be used in Europe.
#15083359
B0ycey wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52246319

Interesting. Might be away to stop this futile lockdown without the need of Corona certificates. Although it still needs more efficent testing to be effective.


Unlikely to work if it's just a couple of companies creating something that's opt-in. The lockdowns are an effective measure because they proceed from public policy. The private sector will not save us this time.
#15083361
Donna wrote:Unlikely to work if it's just a couple of companies creating something that's opt-in. The lockdowns are an effective measure because they proceed from public policy. The private sector will not save us this time.


Although there is still cross contamination under western lockdown. We still use the same trolleys, doors, open spaces. Cases still rising although at a reduced rate. Wuhan sorted this out in 11 weeks. In 11 weeks time, we in the West will still be seeing cases rise. Denmark, Norway are now loosing their lockdown. Germany is opening their bench over Easter. Italy also talking about reduced measures. It has always been all in or not bother. The West don't know what they are doing. This is perhaps the next step. You'll still have social distancing and other measures like washing hands. Although it would be more like the Swedish model than the standard bullshit we have now.
#15083365
B0ycey wrote:Although there is still cross contamination under western lockdown. We still use the same trolleys, doors, open spaces. Cases still rising although at a reduced rate. Wuhan sorted this out in 11 weeks. In 11 weeks time, we in the West will still be seeing cases rise. Denmark, Norway are now loosing their lockdown. Germany is opening their bench over Easter. Italy also talking about reduced measures. It has always been all in or not bother. The West don't know what they are doing. This is perhaps the next step. You'll still have social distancing and other measures like washing hands. Although it would be more like the Swedish model than the standard bullshit we have now.


Italy can begin talking about relaxing their measures because they did go all in after consulting with Chinese officials. Adaptive measures should be directed toward making the lockdown work (which is currently the case) rather than using those measures to try to ignore the pandemic.
#15083367
:eh:

Italy didn't go all in. Not like Wuhan. People were still leaving their homes and cases in the South have risen sharply because of it. Although the proof is in the data in 8 weeks time. If they are following Wuhan lead as you claim, they should have no cases shouldn't they.

Nonetheless the Wests strategy is to flatten the curve and not to eradicate the virus. Once cases flatline, measures will reduce to keep it level hence why some European nations are talking seriously about lifting the lockdown. This app if works is part of the solution. Not the alternative.
#15083371
B0ycey wrote::eh:

Italy didn't go all in. Not like Wuhan. People were still leaving their homes and cases in the South have risen sharply because of it. Although the proof is in the data in 8 weeks time. If they are following Wuhan lead as you claim, they should have no cases shouldn't they.


Italy used its military to patrol the streets and enforce curfew.

Nonetheess the Wests strategy is to flatten the curve and not to eradicate the virus. Once cases flatline, measures will reduce to keep it level hence why some European nations are talking seriously of lifting the lockdown. This app if works is part of the solution. Not the alternative.


This is the Chinese strategy as well, although they also likely had initially tried to isolate and eradicate it during the period they were allegedly trying to "cover up" the outbreak.
#15083374
Donna wrote:Italy used its military to patrol the streets and enforce curfew.


So not like Wuhan. Just more enforced Western measures.

This is the Chinese strategy as well, although they also likely had initially tried to isolate and eradicate it during the period they were allegedly trying to "cover up" the outbreak.


China literally closed an entire city. Nobody goes in, nobody goes out. I don't know what their objective was to begin with as they were secretive but I would say it was definitely eradication. Because if it was containment if fucking worked wonders as they have no new cases and an open city in eleven weeks.
#15083377
Zionist Nationalist wrote:China is the most racist country in the world


map of the world’s most and least racially tolerant countries
Image

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wor ... countries/
#15083378
B0ycey wrote:So not like Wuhan. Just more enforced Western measures.


As far as I know only Italy and China have used their armed forces to enforce curfew.

China literally closed an entire city.


So did Italy.

I don't know what their objective was to begin with as they were secretive but I would say it was definitely eradication. Because if it was containment if fucking worked wonders as they have no new cases and an open city in eleven weeks.


Yes, they probably thought they could control it in a manner similar to the 2003 SARS outbreak. There is fortunately some logistical continuation between trying to eradicate the virus and controlling its spread in order to protect health services.
#15083388
Donna wrote:Milan and the rest of Lombardy.


Lombardy was the start of the lockdown. Not the exception. Lombardy is treated the same as all of Italy now. Not that this matters. The West and China are on separate strategies whether your accept that or not and the app is only part of the solution not the alternative. You will still be seeing cases in Europe this time next year I'm sure.
#15083389
B0ycey wrote:Lombardy was the start of the lockdown. Not the exception. Lombardy is treated the same as all of Italy now. Not that this matters. The West and China are on separate strategies whether your accept that or not and the app is only part of the solution not the alternative. You will still be seeing cases in Europe this time next year I'm sure.


What is China's strategy?
  • 1
  • 115
  • 116
  • 117
  • 118
  • 119
  • 136

Why did the police officer think he could get away[…]

Am I racist in your opinion?

It's possible I'm just disinterested in debating […]

Imagine believing that the secret to not being a […]

Donald in the Bunker

In further irony, Trump's extended cordon around […]