" Trump Has Sabotaged America’s Coronavirus Response" - Page 92 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Julian658 wrote:Do you feel the same way about the people of Thailand?
Completely irrelevant to the conversation, as is anything about where I, or others, live.
Last edited by Godstud on 10 Apr 2020 15:25, edited 2 times in total.
foxdemon wrote:So Maz, the case you should be arguing is that minorities appear to be largely responsible for their situation but the tardy response of governments is also a factor. Minority advocates are exploiting the situation for their own gain in wealth and influence. As we all know, good causes attracts con artists like shit attracts flies.

Hopes that helps.

I wasn't making any argument, I just wanted to see the numbers. I asked because I saw the mayor of some city, who is black, whining about it in a press conference. He didn't source his claim, much like Pants-of-Dog, which is why I asked for proof of the claim. The Okay Player link showed some data, but seemed to have left out the epicenter of the virus; New York. Or maybe I just missed it.
Godstud wrote:I apologize. I confused Finfinder with Foxdemon. I corrected my error.

I can understand how my misquote caused confusion.

thanks its been done to me before in a hysterical rant against me and the poster was informed and still did nothing to change, fix it, or acknowledge it. Thanks I appreciate it. I was sure your are decent guy just a giant pain in the backside to argue with. :D cheers!!!
Julian658 wrote:The virus will thrive among people that live in crowded conditions in big cities and those that do not do social distancing. Skin color is irrelevant.

Which racial groups are more likely to live in crowded conditions due to poverty?

Yes, there is a social strata. What are you suggesting?

That the people who are keeping everyone alive, and risking their safety to do so, are disproportionately people of colour and poor people, and Trump is doing nothing for them.

Typical lefty looking for an angle of so-called racism where there is none.

Do you think it is racist to call the 1917 virus the Spanish Flu? How about German measles? Or Lyme disease? IF I was from that town i would be screaming racism. :lol: :lol:

Is the fact that the virus is worse in obese people with diabetes, lung disease, and other comorbidities due to racism?

I guess you do not care about the fact that Trump is supporting and enabling racism against Asians.

Do you think it is racist to support or tolerate open displays of racism?

—————————

foxdemon wrote:Well, in Australia, the corona virus is disproportionally affecting the wilfully stupid who decided to go on Ocean cruises during a pandemic. 17 out of 54 deaths nation wide, so far.

But why aren’t minorities impacted in Australia and NZ?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-26/australia-s-most-isolated-communities-lock-down-to-beat-virus

Oh, both governments had the good sense to lock vulnerable communities down as one of their first acts once they started taking the virus seriously. And the S Pacific has been sealed off also.

Meanwhile in Canada, indigenous communities have to ask the government to act.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/british-columbia/article-first-nations-along-bcs-north-central-coasts-ask-for-crack-down-on/

The pandemic is already more advanced in Canada than Oz and NZ. What are you guys doing?

From the first link:

“This disease has spread so fast that everyone has been focusing on battening down the hatches and protecting their own communities,” said Jason Agostino, a doctor who since the start of the crisis has worked as an advocate for the National Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation in Canberra.

“But going forward it will important to share lockdown information and strategies with the indigenous peoples of North America, New Zealand and the Pacific Islands,” he said. “We’re all dealing with really similar problems -- high rates of chronic disease, increased levels of poverty and over-crowding, and some extremely isolated places where ensuring supplies remain available through secure logistical routes is going to be a big problem.”

Maybe you could suggest to some of the people you know that they could contact this guy?

Incidentally, Muslim and African communities in NZ and Oz have been obeying the lock down rules. Admittedly in the case of Australia, that would be because of the heavy penalties of breaching the Biosecurity Act. The figures for Black and Asian (Pakistani) in the UK are shocking, worse than the USA. But acendotal reports from around the net claim people in these communities aren’t obeying social isolation rules.

Australians and Canadians in China are getting a rough time. Luckily you are here to put a stop to this.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-09/coronavirus-intensifies-anti-foreigner-sentiment-in-china/12128224

All of this is irrelevant. Look up “whataboutism”.

Well, it did come from China. But there certainly is rising xenophobia due to fear of this virus.

And Trump is doing his best to fan the flames of racism. This has worked before to distract his base from his awful performance. It seems to be working again.
Julian658 wrote:You are a clear example of people on the left that see racism where there is none. The comment was made as a follow up to the perennial so-called superiority that Godstud demonstrates when dealing with Americans. If Godstud feels superior to Americans no one cares. Do you care if Godstud feels superior to citizens in Thailand? Is there a difference? What is your point?

I was commenting on the generalized racism that seeps into many comments regarding any subject that touches the USA in any way.

I agree with you that Godstud's occasional 'Canada Number One!" is tiring and silly, but more importantly, it is a kind of reflexive nationalism that he learned by watching American television. Which poisoned him, along with anyone else who watches it.

But this pandemic is affecting "minorities" disproportionately, and this is a reflexion of the ongoing difference in income and opportunity that various "races" STILL HAVE TO THIS DAY. With all the money for education and social programs that rich countries have, this is a disgrace and a failure. Just like our COVID responses are, almost universally.

"We blew all our money on the stock markets and building pipelines, and now we only have three respirators for the entire country. Let's put them onto a CEO's yacht."
QatzelOk wrote:I was commenting on the generalized racism that seeps into many comments regarding any subject that touches the USA in any way.

I agree with you that Godstud's occasional 'Canada Number One!" is tiring and silly, but more importantly, it is a kind of reflexive nationalism that he learned by watching American television. Which poisoned him, along with anyone else who watches it.

I agree about the excessive Canadian nationalism. However, I think he is mostly anti-American and not a nationalist. But, who are we to judge? We are only responding to written words on the screen. He could very well be a transvestite in prison somewhere in the world with nothing to do.

But this pandemic is affecting "minorities" disproportionately, and this is a reflexion of the ongoing difference in income and opportunity that various "races" STILL HAVE TO THIS DAY. With all the money for education and social programs that rich countries have, this is a disgrace and a failure. Just like our COVID responses are, almost universally.

Sadly, there is no equality and most importantly we will never reach a state of equality because that goal is impossible. What we have in America is the result of slavery. The blacks started the race from behind. As a centrist I have no issues with additional reparations for descendants of slaves besides affirmative action and other programs. However, I am agains reparations or affirmative action for non-blacks. These advantages should only be provided to descendants of slaves.

"We blew all our money on the stock markets and building pipelines, and now we only have three respirators for the entire country. Let's put them onto a CEO's yacht."

Three respirators? Where are you?
Pants-of-dog wrote:Which racial groups are more likely to live in crowded conditions due to poverty?

Blacks and migrants from 3rd world countries. I propose reparations for blacks, but certainly not for poor migrants.

That the people who are keeping everyone alive, and risking their safety to do so, are disproportionately people of colour and poor people, and Trump is doing nothing for them.

Yeah, poor people do crappy jobs like cleaning toilets. What do you suggest? By the way in my neck of the woods the low level work is done by Hispanics form CentralAmerica. What do you propose as a solution to this?

I guess you do not care about the fact that Trump is supporting and enabling racism against Asians.

It is not possible to be racist to Asians as they sit higher in the food chain when compared to most in the population.

Calm down! What open display you are talking about? Be specific.
Pants-of-dog wrote:That the people who are keeping everyone alive, and risking their safety to do so, are disproportionately people of colour and poor people, and Trump is doing nothing for them.

And Trump is doing his best to fan the flames of racism. This has worked before to distract his base from his awful performance. It seems to be working again.

You have President Trump wrong. He is not racist and does not support or enable racism because he is a wonderful compassionate Christian that loves people.
Praise the Lord.
Julian658 wrote:Blacks and migrants from 3rd world countries.

So, by way of poverty, racism is one of the factors that creates this disproportionate impact on people of colour.

Yeah, poor people do crappy jobs like cleaning toilets. What do you suggest? By the way in my neck of the woods the low level work is done by Hispanics form CentralAmerica. What do you propose as a solution to this?

Trump needs to provide public healthcare for all these people. He needs to make testing free and accessible for these people. He has to provide social security for everyone who tests positive, so that they can stay home. He should provide housing benefits to those overcrowded families where it is difficult or impossible to isolate an infected family member.

And this is just off the top of my head.,

It is not possible to be racist to Asians as they sit higher in the food chain when compared to most in the population.

So if you go around being violent to anyone who looks Chinese because you hate Chinese people, that is magically not racism? If you want to define racism that way, go ahead. Seems stupid, though.

Now, answer the question:

Do you care that Trump is openly supporting racism against Chinese people? Yes or no?

Calm down! What open display you are talking about? Be specific.

Stop avoiding questions.

Pants-of-dog wrote:So, by way of poverty, racism is one of the factors that creates this disproportionate impact on people of colour.

Asians, Hispanics, Indians, Samoans, etc are not people of color. The people of color are the black Americans that were the victims of slavery and Jim Crow. Adding millions of non African people to the definition of people of color does not help the plight of black Americans that are descendants of slaves. I wish the left stopped this wishy washy race identity politics and victimhood. The black Americans that are descendants of slaves need help and this help should not be shifted to other groups that were never enslaved in this country.

Trump needs to provide public healthcare for all these people. He needs to make testing free and accessible for these people. He has to provide social security for everyone who tests positive, so that they can stay home. He should provide housing benefits to those overcrowded families where it is difficult or impossible to isolate an infected family member.

Most of these people in the inner city live in public housing or receive rent subsidies. Others choose to live on the street because they are mentally ill. The government is sending unemployment checks that are actually larger than the paychecks they were receiving at work. As for overcrowding: The inner people choose to live in the inner city on their own. No one forces them to live there.

So if you go around being violent to anyone who looks Chinese because you hate Chinese people, that is magically not racism? If you want to define racism that way, go ahead. Seems stupid, though.

That is not how racism is defined. Any person of any racial group can be a victim of violence. If the person is assaulted because of a racial trait it is called a hate crime.

Do you care that Trump is openly supporting racism against Chinese people? Yes or no?

When was the last time you beat your wife? That is not a proper question POD. You are slipping again. I know you can do better. This last post needs a bit of work. Nevertheless, you are always a gentleman and do not make arguments with insulting remarks.
Julian658 wrote:Asians, Hispanics, Indians, Samoans, etc are not people of color. The people of color are the black Americans that were the victims of slavery and Jim Crow. Adding millions of non African people to the definition of people of color does not help the plight of black Americans that are descendants of slaves. I wish the left stopped this wishy washy race identity politics and victimhood. The black Americans that are descendants of slaves need help and this help should not be shifted to other groups that were never enslaved in this country.

What all people of color have in common is that they were othered as non-white by Europeans who similarly divested themselves from their ethnic lineages to become white as a placeholder for social privilege.
late wrote:https://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/12270880/donald-trump-racist-racism-history

Trump is as racist ( a word I do not like to use) as the average person of European ancestry. He was a solid democrat until recently. He says things about other groups that make me cringe because he is mostly ignorant. However, he is not like the left elite white liberals that constantly preach condescending racism of low expectations. That is a 1000 times worse even if that is what black people want to hear.
Donna wrote:What all people of color have in common is that they were othered as non-white by Europeans who similarly divested themselves from their ethnic lineages to become white as a placeholder for social privilege.

Putting Europeans on a pedestal and classifying everyone else as colored is nothing but the glorification of those that come from Europe. That is why race identity politics is so evil. It eventually leads to division, tribalism, and eventually violence.
Donna wrote:What all people of color have in common is that they were othered as non-white by Europeans who similarly divested themselves from their ethnic lineages to become white as a placeholder for social privilege.

As I said in the other post: Calling everyone colored because they are not of European ancestry glorifies Europeans. It makes Europeans the standard of excellence, the royalty of racial groups. It is a travesty of major proportion.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachment[…]

On the epidemic of truth inversion

Environmental factors and epigenetic expressions […]

Thread stinks of Nazi Bandera desperation, trying[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This is an interesting concept that China, Russia[…]