As pressure for coronavirus vaccine mounts, scientists debate risks of accelerated testing - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Regulators are allowing drugmakers to conduct dangerous vaccine trials:

As pressure for coronavirus vaccine mounts, scientists debate risks of accelerated testing

Drugmakers are working as quickly as possible to develop a vaccine to combat the rapidly spreading coronavirus that has infected more than 100,000 people worldwide.

Behind the scenes, scientists and medical experts are concerned that rushing a vaccine could end up worsening the infection in some patients rather than preventing it.

Studies have suggested that coronavirus vaccines carry the risk of what is known as vaccine enhancement, where instead of protecting against infection, the vaccine can actually make the disease worse when a vaccinated person is infected with the virus. The mechanism that causes that risk is not fully understood and is one of the stumbling blocks that has prevented the successful development of a coronavirus vaccine.

Normally, researchers would take months to test for the possibility of vaccine enhancement in animals. Given the urgency to stem the spread of the new coronavirus, some drugmakers are moving straight into small-scale human tests, without waiting for the completion of such animal tests.

“I understand the importance of accelerating timelines for vaccines in general, but from everything I know, this is not the vaccine to be doing it with,” Dr Peter Hotez, dean of the National School of Tropical Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine, told Reuters.

Hotez worked on development of a vaccine for SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome), the coronavirus behind a major 2003 outbreak, and found that some vaccinated animals developed more severe disease compared with unvaccinated animals when they were exposed to the virus.

There is a risk of immune enhancement,” said Hotez. “The way you reduce that risk is first you show it does not occur in laboratory animals.”

Hotez testified last week before the U.S. House Committee on Science, Space and Technology about the need for sustained funding for vaccine research. There remains no vaccine for any of the new coronaviruses that have caused outbreaks in the past 20 years.

At least for now, the world’s experts have concluded that accelerated testing is a risk worth taking.

At a specially convened World Health Organization (WHO) meeting in mid-February, designed to co-ordinate a global response to the new coronavirus, scientists representing government-funded research organizations and drugmakers around the world agreed that the threat was so great that vaccine developers should move quickly into human trials, before animal testing is completed, four people who attended the meeting told Reuters.

“You want to have a vaccine as quickly as possible,” Dr Marie-Paule Kieny, former assistant director-general at the WHO, who co-chaired the meeting, told Reuters. “You have to balance this with the risk that you impose on a very small number of people, and do all you can do to mitigate this risk as much as possible.”

The conclusion of that meeting, which was not open to media, has not been officially publicized by the WHO. It does not reflect any official position adopted by the WHO, a United Nations body whose job it is to help shape global health policy.

Regulatory oversight of drugmakers and medical research is in the hands of national regulators. The most powerful of those, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), has signaled that it is in agreement with the consensus and will not stand in the way of accelerated testing schedules.

“When responding to an urgent public health situation such as novel coronavirus, we intend to exercise regulatory flexibility and consider all data relevant to a certain vaccine platform,” FDA spokeswoman Stephanie Caccomo said in a statement. The agency had no comment specifically on animal testing for vaccine enhancement.

Coronavirus vaccine developers are still required to conduct routine animal testing to make sure the vaccine itself is not toxic and is likely to help the immune system respond to the virus.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal ... SKBN20Y1GZ

It's hard to believe that anyone would be dumb enough to take a vaccine that hasn't been adequately tested but we all know the tard herd will mindlessly stampede to the clinics the minute it's available. The 2009 swine flu vaccine wasn't properly tested and it caused autoimmune disorders in which the immune system attacks the nervous system. According to multiple reviews by the Institute of Medicine, none of the vaccines on the schedule have been adequately tested and the schedule itself hasn't been tested at all, so really this is just business as usual.
I hope they’re all using appropriate experimental subjects at least. Preferably people not from the third world.
Forgive me mods for my gross attempt to derail this thread, but @Godstud , if you want to talk about conspiracy theories, someone just tried to tell me Courtney Love killed Kurt Cobain :eek: So I’m spending my day listening to some very much underrated Hole.

Okay, delete post at will.
Here’s why Bill Gates wants indemnity… Are you willing to take the risk?

Why are the world's top vaccine promoters, like Paul Offit and Peter Hotez, frantically warning us about the unique and frightening dangers inherent in developing a coronavirus vaccine?

Scientists first attempted to develop coronavirus vaccines after China's 2002 SARS-CoV outbreak. Teams of US & foreign scientists vaccinated animals with the four most promising vaccines. At first, the experiment seemed successful as all the animals developed a robust antibody response to coronavirus. However, when the scientists exposed the vaccinated animals to the wild virus, the results were horrifying. Vaccinated animals suffered hyper-immune responses including inflammation throughout their bodies terminating with fatal lung infections. Researchers had seen this same "enhanced immune response" during human testing of the failed RSV vaccine tests in the 1960s. Two children died.

Offit, Hotez and even Anthony Fauci (in an unguarded moment), have warned that any new coronavirus vaccine could trigger lethal immune reactions when vaccinated people come in contact with the wild virus. Instead of proceeding with caution, Fauci has made the reckless choice to fast track vaccines, partially funded by Gates, without animal studies (that could provide early warning of runaway immune response). Gates is so worried about the danger that he says he won’t distribute his vaccines until governments agree to indemnify him against lawsuits. On Feb 4th 2020, when there were only 11 active CV cases in the USA, the U.S. quietly pushed through Federal regulations giving coronavirus vaccine makers full immunity from liability. Are you willing to take the risk?
Vaccines remind me of software.

When an update to software is done, you don't really know its stable and good until it's in production. Sure, you can do all sorts of unit tests and integration tests to give you some confidence, but ultimately, you need it in production for while to know if it's solid.

This is basically what will happen with any vaccine. You don't know if it's REALLY safe until you put it out there en masse. :eek: I do believe there will be higher risk associated with the vacinne giving how rushed it is. I will not be first in line for a vaccine, I want to see how the masses do with it first.
Rancid wrote:
I will not be first in line for a vaccine, I want to see how the masses do with it first.

You'll never know anyway because the vaccine adverse event reporting system(VAERS) is shit and all injury claims have to go through secret vaccine court. There are all kind of millions of vaccine injuries that just go totally unrecognized and anyone who doesn't have their head up their ass about that is attacked by gangs of babbitt dinks. And there's also the media blackout so you'll never hear about it.
Sivad wrote:
You'll never know anyway because the vaccine adverse event reporting system(VAERS) is shit and all injury claims have to go through secret vaccine court. There are all kind of millions of vaccine injuries that just go totally unrecognized and anyone who doesn't have their head up their ass about that is attacked by gangs of babbitt dinks. And there's also the media blackout so you'll never hear about it.

What is a secret vaccine court? also, what is a babbit?
Rancid wrote:What is a secret vaccine court?

I have been practicing law for 49 years including the last 17 in the U.S. Vaccine Injury Compensation Program. I represent children and adults injured by adverse reactions to vaccines as a significant part of my practice.

Last year I finished a hearing on that very topic. It is a massive record and there has been no decision as yet. Attached are three of the expert reports summarizing the evidence I submitted. Due to the secrecy surrounding these proceedings, I cannot disclose what the government produced. But I can tell you that in my opinion they did not produce any evidence countering these assertions other than the raw opinions of their experts unsupported by the type of evidence we relied upon. Indeed, in any other court, the government’s evidence would not have been admitted under Federal Rules of Evidence. These rules do not apply in this program.

A major obstacle to finding the truth is that the only place this issue is being explored at all is in this secret court. In any other court the press has access to the decision of the court and the evidence submitted, so that the decision can be evaluated. Here only a decision is published. Not only can the press not gain access to the evidence, except through a willing party and limited to one side, the decision of the Special Master who hears these cases can only be reversed if arbitrary and capricious. That standard means that unless a decision is completely improbable, or violates some rule imposed on the Special Master by the Federal Circuit, it stands. The lack of rules of evidence means that expert testimony need not be supported the way it must be in any other Court. Thus, a decision can be supported only by a resume and hot air and lead to a judgment against a claimant and it will stand.

John F. McHugh, Esq.
Sivad wrote:

I have been practicing law for 49 years including the last 17 in the U.S. Vaccine Injury Compensation Program. I represent children and adults injured by adverse reactions to vaccines as a significant part of my practice.

Last year I finished a hearing on that very topic. It is a massive record and there has been no decision as yet. Attached are three of the expert reports summarizing the evidence I submitted. Due to the secrecy surrounding these proceedings, I cannot disclose what the government produced. But I can tell you that in my opinion they did not produce any evidence countering these assertions other than the raw opinions of their experts unsupported by the type of evidence we relied upon. Indeed, in any other court, the government’s evidence would not have been admitted under Federal Rules of Evidence. These rules do not apply in this program.

A major obstacle to finding the truth is that the only place this issue is being explored at all is in this secret court. In any other court the press has access to the decision of the court and the evidence submitted, so that the decision can be evaluated. Here only a decision is published. Not only can the press not gain access to the evidence, except through a willing party and limited to one side, the decision of the Special Master who hears these cases can only be reversed if arbitrary and capricious. That standard means that unless a decision is completely improbable, or violates some rule imposed on the Special Master by the Federal Circuit, it stands. The lack of rules of evidence means that expert testimony need not be supported the way it must be in any other Court. Thus, a decision can be supported only by a resume and hot air and lead to a judgment against a claimant and it will stand.

John F. McHugh, Esq.

Are you John McHugh?

If you aren't, you should include the link. Either way, I'd like to see the '3 attached reports'.
If anyone wants to know the truth:

Only one lab in the USA is going forward with human trials without doing animal testing first.

They are, instead, doing human and animal trials at the same time.

The other twenty or so labs working on a Covid-19 vaccine are following standard protocols.

The only other significant change being discussed is allowing human trials to proceed even if the animal tests do not show efficacy. Human trials will not be allowed (or will be stopped) if the animals show adverse reactions.

Did you know that lab mice cannot get it, but ferrets can?

Also, lol at the thread title change.
Did you know that lab mice cannot get it, but ferrets can?

Let me guess. Their freakish, genetically modified elongated telomeres give them immunity? That’s a joke by the way...I just wanted to use the word ‘telomere’ :lol:
ness31 wrote:Let me guess. Their freakish, genetically modified elongated telomeres give them immunity? That’s a joke by the way...I just wanted to use the word ‘telomere’ :lol:

I’d like the link too. I am just as lazy as you are.

But I don’t think telomeres will have anything to do with it. I’d expect it to be the shape of the target receptor proteins on cell membrane surfaces.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Russia doesn't have endless supply of weapons and[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]

Starlink satellites are designed to deorbit and bu[…]