#MeToo Hysteria Is A Pretext For Women To Take Power And Money Away From Men - Page 91 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

First name revealed from Corey Feldman's documentary(which sadly had teething issues, so didn't broadcast to the net, despite screening at its premiere)...

https://heavy.com/entertainment/2020/03 ... heen-haim/

Feldman has formally accused actor Charlie Sheen of raping Corey Haim, and is the second friend of Haim to go public with Haim confiding this in him.

5 other names to follow, but this one is the one which leaked first.
The important part of this thread that is possibly relevant to RIGHT NOW is this:

Using hysteria to take things away.

This is a very important concept that has been explored by Naomi Klein in Disaster Capitalism, and she furthers her work with this short video about the current "disaster."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFqNAEx1lm4

Of course, it could be argued that Naomi, as a woman, is using this video to take power away from mostly male CEOs. But that would be obtuse, so I only mention this for thread relevance.
The next Democrat presidential nominee ................Welcome Joe Biden to the club.

Joe Biden Said He Believes All Women. Does He Believe Tara Reade?
A former staffer says he sexually assaulted her in 1993.
R
OBBY SOAVE | 3.26.2020 3:18 PM

When it comes to #MeToo sexual misconduct issues, former Vice President Joe Biden, the Democratic Party's presumptive 2020 presidential nominee, has made it no secret where he stands: automatically believe women.

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you've got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she's talking about is real," said Biden during the confirmation hearings for Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, who faced accusations that as a teenager he had assaulted a woman at a party.

As vice president, Biden played an important role in the Obama administration's efforts to compel colleges and universities to take sexual violence more seriously—and to adopt policies that limited the due process rights and presumption of innocence for the accused. In recent years, his rhetoric on these issues has been in lockstep with #MeToo activists.

Despite his public pronunciations on the subject of never touching women without their explicit verbal consent, Biden has previously faced accusations that he was too handsy with people. But now the former vice president is facing a much more serious accusation of sexual assault, from an alleged former staffer named Tara Reade.

It remains to be seen whether the mainstream media will assign Reade's story as much credibility and importance as that of Christine Blasey Ford, the woman who accused Kavanaugh; they certainly have not done so yet. In any case, supporters of Biden—as well as the candidate himself—should take this opportunity to reflect on whether automatic belief is a useful or practical approach for handling decades' old claims of misconduct.

Reade describes herself as a "California-based victim rights advocate and activist" in her interview with the journalist Katie Halper, who has helped bring this accusation to light. Reade says she worked for Biden in the early 1990s and asserts that she was unambiguously assaulted by him in 1993. According to Reade, he began kissing her without her permission, pushed her against a wall, reached under her skirt, and penetrated her with his fingers.

"He said 'come on man, I heard you liked me,'" Reade recalled to Halper in the interview. "For me, it was like, everything shattered. I looked up to him, he was like my father's age, he was this champion of women's rights, in my eyes. I couldn't believe it was happening. It was surreal."

Reade had already complained to her bosses about sexual harassment in Biden's office—she said a supervisor had once asked her to serve drinks at an event because she had attractive legs—but had shared the more serious accusation against Biden with a few close confidants. She said she once tried to talk to a supervisor about what had happened, but this person shut her down before she could tell the whole story. She also said she filled out an official form detailing her assault, but does not know what became of it.

A year ago, Reade—who supported the campaigns of Sens. Elizabeth Warren (D–Mass.) and Bernie Sanders (I–Vt.)—attempted to come forward with stories of sexual harassment in Biden's offices. As detailed in an Intercept piece, she reached out to Time's Up, a project of the National Women's Law Center that provides support to alleged #MeToo victims. Time's Up declined to assist Reade; the organization's official excuse was that a feud with a national political candidate could jeopardize their status as a 501(c)(3) non-partisan group. But as The Intercept also notes:

The public relations firm that works on behalf of the Time's Up Legal Defense Fund is SKDKnickerbocker, whose managing director, Anita Dunn, is the top adviser to Biden's presidential campaign. A spokesperson for Biden declined to comment. The SKDK spokesperson assigned to Time's Up referred questions back to the NWLC.

The mainstream media has given Reade little attention. She was interviewed on Hill.TV by Krystall Ball and Saagar Enjeti (whose populist impulses often put them at odds with the establishments of both parties), but The New York Times, Washington Post, and CNN have all declined to cover the story thus far.

https://reason.com/2020/03/26/joe-biden ... eve-women/

Godstud wrote:So, Biden's as qualified as Trump, it appears. I hope he pays the price for it. He should face up to it.

I don't remember Trump ever saying that women should automatically be believed. I don't remember Trump going around helping to organise campus kangaroo courts, that made the Salem Witch trials look like shining examples of due process.

Trump and the Republican party were scared of Sanders, particularly once the Xi-virus came on to the political horison. This is why they held their fire against Biden until now. This is why so many Republicans were attacking Sanders for his extremism rather than waiting till after he had won the nomination. We know any Medical plan that comes from corrupt Joe will be an a absolute bonanza for the Medical /insurance industrial complex. Biden isn't just a follower of woke corporatism. he wrote the book.
You know this is getting a bit old.

At some point we have to stop going back 25 years to find fault in fellow citizens.

Here is the deal. If this was not an allegation against Biden or Kavanaugh there is not a prosecutor in the country who would even open the case.

I will tell you that I know very few men who did not marry their high school sweetheart, whose could not face allegations especially when they are dubious in the future.

We can't have people in high office who flaunt the law. But we have almost always had presidents who could not be certified Christian Hero. But here we go again. Did you notice that this woman did not say a fucking word when he was the candidate for the 2nd highest office in the land? One heartbeat from the presidency. Did she come forward when he announced his candidacy for president? Nope.

Just as I was deeply suspicious of the allegations against Kavanaugh, I am equally suspicious of these.

So do I believe this woman. No I don't. Did something happen? Who knows? But it is just a coincidence that her trauma seemed to really bother her once he got the nomination.

I am not a liberal or a democrat but this stuff has just gone too far.
I agree with most of your post, @Drlee, but that's also why there's a stature of limitations in place for really old cases, as they are very hard or nigh impossible to prove after a certain amount of time.

I engaged in hypberbole when I suggested Biden and Trump should be in jail. Held accountable for bad behavior? By all means. Jail? A bit much... :D

The case against Kavanaugh was really about whether or not he should sit on the Supreme Court. He should not. not because the claim had any veracity, but because of his behavior during the hearing. It was never a trial. Everyone does NOT have skeletons like these in their closets, either.

That said, since sexual assault and the like ARE so very common, we should give the benefit of the doubt in all these cases, and punish false claims very harshly.

Is this something that young men should worry about? No. The idea that men should fear women they might get intimate with is fear-mongering of the highest order.

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]