Trump digs his political grave - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
This pandemic has knocked a huge hole in President Trump’s hopes of re-election, It has flattened the “humming economy” on which he’d planned to ride to victory. And his dire mismanagement of the crisis and bizarre, self-congratulatory press conferences have completely negated the initial “‘rally around the flag’ bounce” he enjoyed at the start of the crisis. A host of polls show his Democratic rival, Joe Biden, leading both nationally and in every key swing state. Short of a major economic turnaround in the autumn, “Trump is now a decided underdog”. His poll slide is making fellow Republicans very nervous, Just how alarmed they are can be gauged by a recently leaked memo from the National Republican Senatorial Committee. It advises GOP candidates not to waste political capital defending Trump over the pandemic, but to try instead to shift the blame onto China.
source : http://www.vikilix.com/2020/05/10/trump ... cal-grave/
Trump seems to think that he could kill somebody in broad daylight and get away with it. The question is, could he kill a quarter million Americans and get away with it?

Trump is all about make believe, about making outrageous claims without any basis in reality. It's hard to tell why his supporters believe in him unconditionally. The mind of Trump supporters is a murky place I would rather not come close to.

He seems to desperately search for somebody to blame: Obama, the Chinese, the Democrats, aliens who launch an unprecedented attack on the country, which only he as commander in chief can prevent, thus saving millions of Americans.

I wonder what he'll settle on in the end.
By the time November rolls around, the Democrats will only have to put a living person as his opponent, in order to win. Trump is destroying his own chances, with his complete bungling of the response to the pandemic.

You will still get losers and die-hards who simply aren't smart enough to know better, who will vote for him, but that will be a minority.

It's sad that Trump couldn't "step up", and prove he was more than just an empty suit.
Godstud wrote:By the time November rolls around, the Democrats will only have to put a living person as his opponent, in order to win. Trump is destroying his own chances, with his complete bungling of the response to the pandemic.

You will still get losers and die-hards who simply aren't smart enough to know better, who will vote for him, but that will be a minority.

It's sad that Trump couldn't "step up", and prove he was more than just an empty suit.

Hey a minority was enough last time. I don't quite understand the US from afar. But I donlt see much has changed. People's beliefs can be surprisingly resilient to reality.

Though I tend to pessimistic. It's looking like Trump, Ivanka, Jarred.
I think reforming parties have problems, they have a split personality between those favorably substantive reform (Bernie) and those favoring something more electoral acceptable and banal (Biden). vested interests V unrealistic ideologues. the Democrats could in fit and run a bad campaign and Trump could win quite easily. Trump has a solid base. He has a simple message, a simple campaign strategy. Trump and his campaign I think have a better capability to execute their plan.

The Plague electoral impact is hard to judge. I will not relay on it running Trump out of the white House.

Why is Biden the candidate? form what I saw it was more that the others were eliminated for various reasons and he was the last man standing, a negative rather than positive choice.

I am worried.
pugsville wrote:
Hey a minority was enough last time. I don't quite understand the US from afar. But I donlt see much has changed. People's beliefs can be surprisingly resilient to reality.

Though I tend to pessimistic. It's looking like Trump, Ivanka, Jarred.

An American presidential election is usually first and foremost a referendum on the status quo.

Do you want change or continuity...

A vast majority wants change. You will see people argue with that, but the pollsters aren't asking the right questions yet. Unless Republicans do massive cheating, not only do Dems get the White House, they just might get the Senate. Even if they don't, Moscow Mitch will be looking at a razor thin majority. Moderate Republicans will have a lot of power.

We have a small percentage of voters called Swing voters. The weather can change their vote. We are going to be in a depression with a plague still killing thousands. They're going to want to try something different.

Unless Republicans steal the election.
late wrote:A vast majority wants change. You will see people argue with that, but the pollsters aren't asking the right questions yet. Unless Republicans do massive cheating, not only do Dems get the White House, they just might get the Senate. Even if they don't, Moscow Mitch will be looking at a razor thin majority. Moderate Republicans will have a lot of power.

You are assuming Bernie Sanders followers turn up and vote for Biden. After years of preparation and campaigning, expecting a win but getting nothing, not even a promise I find it hard to believe they will turn up and vote for one of the least attractive candidates in the field. He is lucky the plague struck the US, so he no longer needs to hold gatherings where hardly anyone would turn up.

I would wait for Biden - Trump TV debates before considering the issue closed.
fokker wrote:
You are assuming Bernie Sanders followers turn up and vote for Biden. After years of preparation and campaigning, expecting a win but getting nothing, not even a promise I find it hard to believe they will turn up and vote for one of the least attractive candidates in the field. He is lucky the plague struck the US, so he no longer needs to hold gatherings where hardly anyone would turn up.

I would wait for Biden - Trump TV debates before considering the issue closed.

There is exactly one sane vote.
late wrote:There is exactly one sane vote.

Biden is sane?
What will he do for you?

you wont get anything out of Biden beside more Mexicans coming over and receiving money on behalf of taxpayerS
and some pro environmental bullshit that wont change anything

Be it Trump or Biden the big corporations and wall street have already won
Zionist Nationalist wrote:
Biden is sane?

Trump is not..

Compared to Trump, Biden's a stable genius.

Btw, that type of propaganda is an attempt to discourage Dems from voting.

Not only is not going to work, it's going to not work even worse than the midterms. For all the limitations American voters have, and there are a lot of them, most of them are sane.

Oh well..
Zionist Nationalist wrote:
Biden wont make it to end of his term if he gets elected he has dementia and its obvious

Most of the time Trump talks like he's been slamming back boilermakers...

Trump's cognitive decline is impossible to miss, Biden, not so much.

Which is not to say there aren't issues, it's just that this is another dumbass attempt to distract people from Trump's incompetence and weak grasp on reality.

What we need is a Progressive era, that's when things start getting fundamentally better.
Atlantis wrote:Trump seems to think that he could kill somebody in broad daylight and get away with it. The question is, could he kill a quarter million Americans and get away with it?

Actually, that is a misrepresentation. Trump was actually talking about the polls during his rise to the nomination. He said the polls say his people are more loyal than those of the other candidates. He said the polls say "I could stand in the middle of fifth avenue and shoot someone and not lose any voters." There was nothing about killing anyone. Here is the video of what he actually said:
Trump, in particular, can do policy theater — sending Jared Kushner out to make noises about dealing with problems — but has no idea how to do it for real.

And I think that at some level he knows that.
jimjam wrote:Trump, in particular, can do policy theater — sending Jared Kushner out to make noises about dealing with problems — but has no idea how to do it for real.

And I think that at some level he knows that.

However, in reality the problems the Democrat governors complained about were dealt with. Even the Democrat governors admitted that.

Although some state and local Democrats have tried to score political points at the president's expense, other Democratic governors have praised the Trump administration's response. California Gov. Gavin Newsom, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, and most surprising, Rep. Ilhan Omar of Minnesota, all praised Trump's handling of the crisis.
https://www.newsmax.com/michaeldorstewi ... id/959491/

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... state-amid
late wrote:There is exactly one sane vote.

The only sane vote for any law abiding, tax paying, legal American citizen is against any and all Antifa Loving, BLM Supporting, Police Defunding, Leftist, Communist Democrat that will spend taxpayer dollars on Rioters, Looters, and illegals. Trump-Pence 2016-2024!! The fork is in Biden's head........The Democrat party is done. Never vote for a Democrat this Century.
Hindsite wrote:
However, in reality the problems the Democrat governors complained about were dealt with. Even the Democrat governors admitted that.

Some things, just not the most important ones.

The link and quote has been posted. As well as l[…]

Nobody is trying to distract from the humanitarian[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Again: nope. Putin in Feb 2022 only decided ... […]

Helping Ukraine to defeat the Russian invasion an[…]