Most financial news sites are full of it. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

"It's the economy, stupid!"

Moderator: PoFo Economics & Capitalism Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
From what I've read, 80% of market capitalization is held by institutions.

Yet every time I read any financial news website, they're always quoting "investors" and the heads of large financial institutions saying things like "OMG the market is so overvalued! We don't know why it's doing this!"

But since those people hold 80% of the capitalization, it's pretty much impossible for large market events to happen without their participation. Obviously they are capable of having things bubble and crash and losing money, yet the 20% who are locked in their houses are not the people who have been behind this stock rebound we have been seeing so far.

Just wanted to vent. I'm onto them :eek:
Saeko wrote:Wait... are you guys saying that the system is rigged!? :eek:

Yeah I guess. They're basically all running around being like "it's overvalued! Sell me your stuff!" And the sheeple are doing it. I think we may be seeing a "W-shaped" recovery for various reasons but these guys are clearly lying. What I'm not sure of is how much of it is an attempt to fleece the "retail" investor and how much it is hatred of Trump.
Wulfschilde wrote:Most financial news sites are full of it.

I have to agree very much with this claim.

I don't know why this is, though I could start throwing out a few speculations.

It might be what they've been indoctrinating those students with when it comes to economic theory and society.
You have to ask yourself who are these financial news sites written too? Who are they written for?

It's not normal everyday people reading them. It's people with money in the stockmarket, or fairly wealthy upper middle class people who run businesses.

Obviously they're going to "see" things differently and have different priorities.

There's nothing more progressive than supporting b[…]

https://twitter.com/TheBigDataStats/status/1399589[…]

A man from Oklahoma (United States) who travelled […]

That was weird

No, it won't. Only the Democrats will be hurt by […]