It is time for Biden to step aside - Page 23 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15093716
colliric wrote:Dear Black people, vote Biden or you're not black.

And people wonder why everyone interested in politics overseas know that Trump already has one hand on his second 4 years living in the Whitehouse and it's his to lose.

It's funny his handlers were trying to cut the interview short just before he said that. The Democrats will try to kill the presidential debate--that's my prediction. They can't have Biden debate Trump. It will be the craziest debates in American history.
#15093808
noemon wrote:I'm sure your point is "amazing" defending the grab them by the pussy guy, tax returns and what what you, but once again I don't really care. Biden is far superior to Trump in any and all ways imaginable.

Do you believe Reade, and did you believe Ford? And if so, what makes Ford’s story more believable than Reade’s?

Pants-of-dog wrote:If you want to look at Kavanaugh’s story again, go reread the thread.

And I think that getting raped and watching your rapist be given one of the highest honours in the land is far worse than not getting a cushy job. So when you are looking at whose life was actually destroyed, it was the people who were raped.

Yes, “not getting a cushy job” because you were falsely accused of rape is indeed life-detroying. And yes, watching your rapist being given one one of the highest honors of the land is also rough. Now prove—or even just give serious substantiation—that Ford and Reade were assaulted. At least in Reade’s case we can be fairly certain that something happened, unlike Moore’s and Kavanaugh’s accusers.

This support of Kavanaugh and Moore and Trump, while repudiating Biden for the exact same things is not a mark of people who are sane or logical or moral.

No, ginning up mobs against Kavanaugh and Moore while ignoring Biden’s accusers isn’t the mark of people who are sane, logical, or moral. Demanding that Democrats apply to their own the standards they try to impose on others is all of that.

The way the Republicans have weaponsied this in order to shut up critics of Triump’s rape career is despicable. Silencing rape victims so that the rapists can push their career forwards is morally equivalent to condoning rape.

First, I don’t know of any substantial accusations of rape leveled against Trump. Not that one needs that, the accusations of harassment and infidelity that are substantial are, IMHO, quite enough. And the way that Republicans have weaponized this might be despicable, but it’s no more despicable than the Democrats’ abandonment of due process and presumption of innocence in their (sometimes successful) attempt to weaponize the #metoo movement. It was also inevitable, as I believe I pointed out at the time.
#15093810
Doug64 wrote:Do you believe Reade, and did you believe Ford? And if so, what makes Ford’s story more believable than Reade’s


Who the hell are these people? The accusers I assume? I already told you don't give a shit about either story. The "grab them by the pussy" was Trump's own words not an accuser's as was his refusal to hand over his tax returns, a legal requirement for office in all the democracies in the world.

I don't even understand why you even play this blame game to defend that freak-horror show you call a President. He is not even suitable to run a pizza place let alone a country, and what's your problem with Biden anyway, he is more Republican than most Republicans, he's a serious white guy and he looks Presidential and responsible. At the very least he can keep up the appearances required for the office. That toddler you got in the office is bringing shame to your nation and death to your people. He goes around telling people to inject themselves with disinfectant and consume lysol. :knife: And you 're actually wasting your breath and energy for that guy, really? :roll:
#15093812
colliric wrote:Dear Black people, vote Biden or you're not black.

And people wonder why everyone interested in politics overseas know that Trump already has one hand on his second 4 years living in the Whitehouse and it's his to lose.


The biggest problem I see with Democrats is that they practice condescending racism of low expectations. Sadly, many minorities are so thirsty for affirmation that they cannot see it.
#15093813
colliric wrote:And people wonder why everyone interested in politics overseas know that Trump already has one hand on his second 4 years living in the Whitehouse and it's his to lose.


As a matter of fact, the office has been his since 2017, so it's of course his to lose.

However, with his handling of the Wuhan Pneumonia Virus (or lack thereof), Trump losing it is a very concrete possibility (although I won't say it's certain)
#15093820
noemon wrote:Who the hell are these people? The accusers I assume? I already told you don't give a shit about either story. The "grab them by the pussy" was Trump's own words not an accuser's as was his refusal to hand over his tax returns, a legal requirement for office in all the democracies in the world.

I don't even understand why you even play this blame game to defend that freak-horror show you call a President. He is not even suitable to run a pizza place let alone a country, and what's your problem with Biden anyway, he is more Republican than most Republicans, he's a serious white guy and he looks Presidential and responsible. At the very least he can keep up the appearances required for the office. That toddler you got in the office is bringing shame to your nation and death to your people. He goes around telling people to inject themselves with disinfectant and consume lysol. :knife: And you 're actually wasting your breath and energy for that guy, really? :roll:

I’ve already said repeatedly that I have not and will not vote for Trump, and the way he has treated women generally and his wives specifically plays a large role in that. What I am defending is the Rule of Law by demanding that the Democrats calling for its abandonment apply their new standard to their own as well as to their enemies. If their rejection of due process and presumption of innocence helps cost them a presidential election, perhaps they’ll come to their senses.
#15093830
Doug64 wrote:Yes, “not getting a cushy job” because you were falsely accused of rape is indeed life-detroying. And yes, watching your rapist being given one one of the highest honors of the land is also rough. Now prove—or even just give serious substantiation—that Ford and Reade were assaulted. At least in Reade’s case we can be fairly certain that something happened, unlike Moore’s and Kavanaugh’s accusers.


Again, reread the thread. I am not going to repeat things just because you want to (once again) accuse people of making false rape accusations.

This thing, where men focus on how the accusations might be false, is a sign of rape culture. You rarely see men bring this up with other crimes.

No, ginning up mobs against Kavanaugh and Moore while ignoring Biden’s accusers isn’t the mark of people who are sane, logical, or moral. Demanding that Democrats apply to their own the standards they try to impose on others is all of that.


And you are doing the same thing but in reverse. Weaponising it against Biden while turning a blind eye to other rapists.

First, I don’t know of any substantial accusations of rape leveled against Trump.


Really? There is a whole Wikipedia article about the 23 or 24 women who have accused him of sexual assault.

Not that one needs that, the accusations of harassment and infidelity that are substantial are, IMHO, quite enough. And the way that Republicans have weaponized this might be despicable, but it’s no more despicable than the Democrats’ abandonment of due process and presumption of innocence in their (sometimes successful) attempt to weaponize the #metoo movement. It was also inevitable, as I believe I pointed out at the time.


Since NO ONE WAS ACTUALLY TAKEN TO COURT, accusations of abandoning due process and presumption of innocence are incorrect.

Are you arguing that rape accusations should not even be allowed to be discussed unless there is enough evidence to prosecute?
#15093834
I’ve already said repeatedly that I have not and will not vote for Trump, and the way he has treated women generally and his wives specifically plays a large role in that. What I am defending is the Rule of Law by demanding that the Democrats calling for its abandonment apply their new standard to their own as well as to their enemies. If their rejection of due process and presumption of innocence helps cost them a presidential election, perhaps they’ll come to their senses.


I absolutely agree with you on the concept of due process. I think it is sad, and I know it is difficult, but until women start to shout when it happens, and like all victims, sometimes suffer the consequences, little will change. And sniping at someone 30 years later will not cut it.

But I do not agree with the bold. You want the democrats to suffer the consequences but not the republicans. You want to withhold your vote from Trump but you want the Democrats to tank the entire election. Unless you are saying, as so many of my fellow republicans seem to think, that it is OK for republicans to do this because they did not make an election issue about it. Isn't it time that the republicans loose an election for NOT getting strong on women's issues?

Sorry Doug. The fact that I do not believe that you will not vote for Tump notwithstanding, if you do not vote for Biden instead then you are just cursing into the wind.

Democracy is hard. It is not supposed to be easy. Two party politics is even harder. It means that rarely will we get the opportunity to vote for someone who ticks all of the boxes. So who are you going to vote for Doug? If the democrats ran Bernie would you vote for him?
#15093836
Doug64 wrote:I’ve already said repeatedly that I have not and will not vote for Trump, and the way he has treated women generally and his wives specifically plays a large role in that. What I am defending is the Rule of Law by demanding that the Democrats calling for its abandonment apply their new standard to their own as well as to their enemies. If their rejection of due process and presumption of innocence helps cost them a presidential election, perhaps they’ll come to their senses.



:lol: :lol: :lol: Do you actually believe that I believe you mate?

Honestly, come on, support Trump be upfront about it. That's the only thing that this is about.
#15093959
noemon wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: Do you actually believe that I believe you mate?

Honestly, come on, support Trump be upfront about it. That's the only thing that this is about.

I am very honest about supporting Trump, one of the best presidents we have had in a long time. Biden and the Democrats are too much into identity politics for me. But even when Biden says racists things, the Democrats give him a pass because they have no good candidates to replace him. Dementia Joe is the best they have unless they want to go socialist with Bernie Sanders.
#15094051
Pants-of-dog wrote:This thing, where men focus on how the accusations might be false, is a sign of rape culture. You rarely see men bring this up with other crimes.

I was planning out an extended response, but this says it’s pointless—apparently, any attempt to assert that men might be falsely accused of rape is just feeding the “rape culture,” due process and presumption of innocence be damned. At least you’re honest enough to apply this to the Left.

Drlee wrote:Sorry Doug. The fact that I do not believe that you will not vote for Tump notwithstanding, ...

noemon wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: Do you actually believe that I believe you mate?

Honestly, come on, support Trump be upfront about it. That's the only thing that this is about.

There’s no point in responding to people that aren’t going to take me at my word on my own opinions and decisions.
#15094057
Doug64 wrote:I was planning out an extended response, but this says it’s pointless—apparently, any attempt to assert that men might be falsely accused of rape is just feeding the “rape culture,” due process and presumption of innocence be damned. At least you’re honest enough to apply this to the Left.


When women accuse men of rape, this is one of the first things men talk about: false accusations.

They do not discuss false accusations when other crimes are discussed.

So, unless you guys have some sort of weird social dynamic where false rape accusations are far higher than other false accusations, then you have to wonder where this habit came from. And it almost certainly came from a pattern of sexism and excusing rape.

Edit: Also, this is a debate forum, not a court of law, so the issues of presumption of innocence and due process do not apply. Unless you are suggesting that even conversations about sexual assault need to follow this protocol or should not happen....
Last edited by Pants-of-dog on 24 May 2020 16:54, edited 1 time in total.
#15094061
blackjack21 wrote:It's funny his handlers were trying to cut the interview short just before he said that. The Democrats will try to kill the presidential debate--that's my prediction. They can't have Biden debate Trump. It will be the craziest debates in American history.



I for one want to see a debate between Biden and Trump. As @noemon said you got Biden that is more Republican than other Republicans, and is a serious white guy with senility and so on and forgets who he is talking to....but he at least has the appearance of responsibility and can fake looking presidential, and then on the other hand you got your main man Relampaguito? Giving bad CoVid 19 prevention advice and Lysol companies putting out statements to not get sued.

I say let the two candidates from these sellout parties of the United Crazy states of North America come out and discuss their genius solutions to a horrible pandemic, loss of 26 million jobs and having to bribe people with a few thousand bucks per voter to save their sinking leadership skills?

Pa' lante Relampaguito. I want to see the freak show unfold. Bring it on! Debate time! :lol:
#15094067
Doug64 wrote:There’s no point in responding to people that aren’t going to take me at my word on my own opinions and decisions.


I am taking you on your word, your statements clearly define that you are supporting Trump. You said that you would rather have Trump elected than the Democrats being supposedly "hypocritical". Your choice is clear. I don't understand what is even the point of having such a back and forth conversation.
#15094073
Doug64 wrote:Do you believe Reade, and did you believe Ford? And if so, what makes Ford’s story more believable than Reade’s?

I think Ford made her story up to derail a nomination. I think Reade's story probably did happen and she sat on the story, because she's pro-Democrat. Most of the #metoo women are past their prime and not receiving any sexual attention. Reade certainly fits that description. So she's getting some attention and may make some money writing a book or giving some speeches or something. It's a minor payday, but she will learn how the DNC runs more like oragnized crime than a political party (if that's a meaningful distinction).

Doug64 wrote:At least in Reade’s case we can be fairly certain that something happened, unlike Moore’s and Kavanaugh’s accusers.

In Ford's case, it couldn't be established as a matter of fact that they were even at the same party at the same time. Rather, they maybe vaguely knew of each other. By contrast, Reade worked for Biden. So there is no doubt that they knew each other. So it's a lot more plausible, but still not proven as a matter of law. It's still her word against his if there were no witnesses.

Doug64 wrote:No, ginning up mobs against Kavanaugh and Moore while ignoring Biden’s accusers isn’t the mark of people who are sane, logical, or moral. Demanding that Democrats apply to their own the standards they try to impose on others is all of that.

That's what is hurting the Democrats. I think they are aware of it, but it's more about who is in power and control. That's why they could sacrifice Al Franken, but they can't sacrifice Biden. It's all a calculation to them, but their moral credibility is utterly shot. The irony is that Donald Trump has already picked up Biden's "You ain't black!" line and created a campaign ad with it.

Trump campaign to unleash $1M on digital ads hitting Biden over 'you ain't black' comment



Democrats do not see the humor in this, but I suspect some may get the irony.

Trump is also selling #YouAintBlack tee shirts.

$30.00
Priceless.

noemon wrote:The "grab them by the pussy" was Trump's own words not an accuser's as was his refusal to hand over his tax returns, a legal requirement for office in all the democracies in the world.

There is no legal requirement to turn over tax returns for office in the United States. In the US the law has to apply equally to all people. So if the president doesn't waive his Privacy Act protections, he doesn't have to publish his tax returns.

noeomon wrote:He goes around telling people to inject themselves with disinfectant and consume lysol. :knife:

Except he didn't.

Patrickov wrote:However, with his handling of the Wuhan Pneumonia Virus (or lack thereof), Trump losing it is a very concrete possibility (although I won't say it's certain)

What Democrats are not getting this time around is what they weren't getting in 2016 either: the President is elected by the electoral college, not majority opinion polls. Major European powers are fucked with coronavirus, with the exception of Germany. The US has death rates on par with Germany if you exempt New York and New Jersey. Even if you don't, our death rates are lower than Belgium, France, Italy, and the UK.

Pants-of-dog wrote:When women accuse men of rape, this is one of the first things men talk about: false accusations.

They do not discuss false accusations when other crimes are discussed.

#YouAintBlack

Tainari88 wrote:I for one want to see a debate between Biden and Trump.

Oh, I think it will be epic.

Tainari88 wrote:Giving bad CoVid 19 prevention advice and Lysol companies putting out statements to not get sued.

You have to watch Trump to know what he said. You cannot rely on the media to tell you the truth.

Tainari88 wrote:I say let the two candidates from these sellout parties of the United Crazy states of North America come out and discuss their genius solutions to a horrible pandemic, loss of 26 million jobs and having to bribe people with a few thousand bucks per voter to save their sinking leadership skills?

The Democrats decided to politicize coronavirus right away. Trump called that their latest hoax, and the media tried to say that Trump called coronavirus itself a hoax. Trump is just going to throw the politics right back at them. He'll note that places run by leftist liberals like DeBlasio and Cuomo did poorly, and places run by Republicans did well. That will appear in both the number of covid deaths per million population and in the economic effects of the shutdowns. The Democrats in the blue states have also killed their own tax revenues as well. I saw an ad that NYC had received less than half the property tax revenues last month than they normally get.
#15094126
noemon wrote:Who the hell are these people? The accusers I assume? I already told you don't give a shit about either story. The "grab them by the pussy" was Trump's own words not an accuser's as was his refusal to hand over his tax returns, a legal requirement for office in all the democracies in the world.

I noticed that blackjack21 pointed out to you that there is nothing illegal about withholding one's personal tax returns for public display. Let me also point out that saying "grab them by the pussy" in jest is not a crime either. The main problem I have with Joe Biden, other than his politics, is his dementia. He is just not mentally fit to be President in my opinion.
#15094137
@Hindsite The main problem I have with Joe Biden, other than his politics, is his dementia. He is just not mentally fit to be President in my opinion.


But then you are not a doctor, do not know the man, have no evidence, but you are a troll and doing what you are paid to do. Only an abject idiot would make a mental diagnosis like this. A fool. A partisan hack. And certainly no Christian.
#15094140
To most people, Trump seems to have dementia, but you are perfectly OK with that. What's good for the goose, is good for the gander.

Partisan hack? You are too kind, @Drlee.
#15094149
Drlee wrote:But then you are not a doctor, do not know the man, have no evidence, but you are a troll and doing what you are paid to do. Only an abject idiot would make a mental diagnosis like this. A fool. A partisan hack. And certainly no Christian.

You are too kind.

Joe Biden’s cognitive decline in 3 minutes and 22 seconds


Doesn't know what State he is in

States he is a candidate for the US Senate when he is running for President

Claims he will appoint the first black female Senator

Confuses his wife and his sister

Media says Joe Biden's 'cognitive decline' is Russian conspiracy theory
#15094154
Drlee wrote:But then you are not a doctor, do not know the man, have no evidence, but you are a troll and doing what you are paid to do. Only an abject idiot would make a mental diagnosis like this. A fool. A partisan hack. And certainly no Christian.

Really... ? Biden leaves an evidence trail every time he opens his mouth. Biden is apparently going to beat Joe Biden this November. Sometimes it's as if he doesn't know where he is, who he is, or what office he's running for.

Godstud wrote:To most people, Trump seems to have dementia, but you are perfectly OK with that.

Most people don't think Trump has dementia. They just think he's over the top.

Hindsite wrote:You are too kind.

It's kind of amazing isn't it? The debates are going to be epic.
  • 1
  • 21
  • 22
  • 23
  • 24
  • 25
  • 37

And right there you go off the rails, because t[…]

Russia approves first Covid-19 Vaccine....

:roll: Get used to feeling bad about politics f[…]

The End of Lukashenko is near.

Sanctions for regime change don't work. When have[…]

What are the social and psychological implicati[…]