" Trump Has Sabotaged America’s Coronavirus Response" - Page 159 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Just a reminder that this man is in charge of the coronavirus response:

Every ~rightwing intellectual~ who is arguing with you is defending this guy, lmfao. Like, they think this man in full makeup is actually really smart and shit and get offended when you disagree.

He is not in charge of anything.
Let chaos reign.
Republicans for ANARCHY!
SpecialOlympian wrote:Just a reminder that this man is in charge of the coronavirus response:

Every ~rightwing intellectual~ who is arguing with you is defending this guy, lmfao. Like, they think this man in full makeup is actually really smart and shit and get offended when you disagree.

I don't get offended that you disagree because I know I am right and you are wrong. President Trump is definitely in charge of the military because he is the Commander in Chief.
Yeah and we both agree that our soldiers are fucking losers. What the fuck are the USAF going to do? Die while failing to hold a piece of rock? LMFAO get fucked, veterans, you ruined your lives and got PTSD for nothing.

Oh no. Trump is in charge of the biggest group of losers alive. I'm fucking quaking in my boots here, waiting for Trump to send the Keystone Corps after me.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Yeah and we both agree that our soldiers are fucking losers. What the fuck are the USAF going to do? Die while failing to hold a piece of rock? LMFAO get fucked, veterans, you ruined your lives and got PTSD for nothing.

Oh no. Trump is in charge of the biggest group of losers alive. I'm fucking quaking in my boots here, waiting for Trump to send the Keystone Corps after me.

So you are one of the terrorists. That's nice to know.
Just like some users have their heads firmly up the corporate Democrats ass.

@colliric You are an Aussie I believe. You perhaps do not know how ridiculous this statement sounds to an American. The republican party is the corporate party without a doubt. They claim to be and they do not hide from it. Corporations do not, as a rule, like the democrats. They love Trump because he is a) openly giving them money and b) undoing generations of environmental and worker friendly regulations.
Drlee wrote:@colliric You are an Aussie I believe. You perhaps do not know how ridiculous this statement sounds to an American. The republican party is the corporate party without a doubt. They claim to be and they do not hide from it. Corporations do not, as a rule, like the democrats. They love Trump because he is a) openly giving them money and b) undoing generations of environmental and worker friendly regulations.

Both Member colliric and I have been approving Trump mainly because he at least put up a facade of being hostile to China. This makes China more desperate than ever, culminating with their recent decision to crush Hong Kong with an iron fist.

It can be said that Trump's policies practically made us worse off, but revealing China's true colours is a wake up call for other countries, and I seriously doubt Democratic Party's ability to do that -- most of Democrat presidents prefer the rapproachment way, and I had to say that it left a lot of Chinese evilness unrevealed.

Therefore I do not really see Biden winning it an entirely good thing, unless his administration has means to convince China to back down their hostility.

EDIT: As for "corporate" thing, I once heard people saying that Republicans serve energy and military corporate interests, while Democrats serve consumer / innovative corporate interests. Neither of them care for the workers.
Neither of them care for the workers.

This is demonstrably untrue. Workers get a much better deal under democrats. Witness the 30 million of them who have health care now and did not have it before. The Family Leave Act. Equal rights for women and minorities. The notion that both parties are the same is bullshit.

As for Hong Kong. Too bad. Trump can't do anything to China now and both Trump and China know it. Trump has so fucked up the US economy and the COVID response that we need Chinese stuff too much.

Will Biden save Hong Kong? I don't know. All I know is that he could be no worse. You are backing the wrong horse.
https://www.epi.org/blog/trumps-corporate-first-agenda-has-weakened-worker-protections-needed-to-combat-the-coronavirus/
President Trump blocked the Workplace Injury and Illness record-keeping rule, which would have clarified an employer’s obligation under the Occupational Safety and Health Act to maintain accurate records of workplace injuries and illnesses. As a result, OSHA does not require employers to keep accurate records that could be used to identify unsafe, potentially life-threatening working conditions.

President Trump blocked the Fair Pay and Safe Workplaces rule, which would have helped ensure that taxpayer dollars were not awarded to contractors who violate basic labor and employment laws. Without this regulatory safeguard, more than 300,000 workers have been the victims of wage-related labor violations while working under federal contracts in the last decade.

President Trump blocked a rule limiting the circumstances under which individuals filing for unemployment benefits may be subjected to drug testing. As a result, unemployed workers continue to face barriers when seeking unemployment insurance (UI) benefits, including the more than 20 million workers who have filed for UI benefits during this crisis.

Deregulation is often pursued under the guise that regulations are economically burdensome. However, even under the Trump administration, the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) reported that the benefits of regulations outweigh the costs. Furthermore, failing to regulate or delaying worker protection rules risks workers’ health and safety. For example, the Trump administration delayed the implementation of an OSHA rule that limited workers’ exposure to silica dust, which has been linked to lung cancer. By delaying the rule, the Trump administration increased the likelihood of more workers being exposed to silica dust and developing silicosis. Impacted workers and their families are left to bear the costs associated with illness.

There is truth in the sentiment the lockdown can’t be indefinite but it often comes from a denial to the significance of covid19 rather than acknowledging the overall fuckedness of the situation. And as with any crisis the average worker is going to suffer the most. Another downgrade for the US, it just keeps slipping more and more and there doesn’t necessarily seem to be too much swing for a great reformer just yet even with the efforts of the likes of a Sanders and AOC to try and connect working class issues to issues of racism and sexism.
Drlee wrote:Trump can't do anything to China now and both Trump and China know it.

To be fair, other than nuking Beijing I really don't see any way out.

But a wake-up call to the world is an entirely different thing. Compared with this, the lives of my contemporaries, my family or myself do not matter too much.

My only concern for Democrats (and in general, the doves and the left) is that they might have been too lenient on tyrants.

Good luck fighting the demons.

EDIT: I am not saying the Democrats are evil. Quite to the contrary they are probably more kind or righteous. But sometimes kindness and righteousness simply do not pay.

Well bugger me ….. looks like Fatso is getting fatter.

Coffins in a viewing room at a funeral home in Elmhurst, Queens, last month.

Protesters along the motorcade route as President Trump headed to the Trump National Golf Club in Sterling, Va., on Sunday

Among those who regularly assailed Mr. Obama for golfing was Mr. Trump — by one count, 27 times. “Can you believe that, with all of the problems and difficulties facing the U.S., President Obama spent the day playing golf,” Mr. Trump wrote in 2014. He was criticizing Mr. Obama for golfing after just two cases of Ebola were confirmed in the United States. “When you’re president you sort of say, like, ‘I’m going to sort of give it up for a couple of years and I’m really going to focus on the job,’” he said on “Fox & Friends.”

Hey America .. your president is a fucking lying hypocritical piece of shit :lol: :lol: :lol:

We need a president who can save us from viruses...

This isn't a criterium for presidential selection, and may not even be humanly possible.

Currently, the way presidential selection works - the banks choose candidates during a closed-door Super-Delegate sweepstakes, and then millions of x-markers go into private booths where they get to choose between two of the banksters' offerings. A "left"-ish one, and a "right"-ish one.

What part of "save us from viruses" is missing from this process? Oh yeah, all of it.

The banksters are there to "skim maximum surplus labor from the system" and their only possible interest in viruses would be in encouraging them to proliferate so that Big Pharma can stimulate more currency circulation for them to pillage with complex rackets.

So we are not even looking for " a president who can save us from viruses" even if this could exist, which it can't.
jimjam wrote:Hey America .. your president is a fucking lying hypocritical piece of shit :lol: :lol: :lol:

If it involves some kind of genocide there is nothing to laugh at.

I will say such information, if true, actually justifies some assassination plots, if just for the sake to stop something bad continue to happen.
Drlee wrote:As for Hong Kong. Too bad. Trump can't do anything to China now and both Trump and China know it. Trump has so fucked up the US economy and the COVID response that we need Chinese stuff too much.

I blame China for the Covid-19, not Trump. You seem to forget that the economy was doing great until China released this virus on the world, which also fucked up the world economy. Trump was simply trying to save as many U.S. lives as possible by shutting down the economy, which was Dr. Fauci's idea and apparently that moron of a doctor still is in favor of keeping it shut down. I am glad Trump is no longer listening to that moron.

As for Hong Kong and Chins, I bet President Trump will come of with some way to deal with that since he is a very stable genius.

Drlee wrote:Will Biden save Hong Kong? I don't know. All I know is that he could be no worse. You are backing the wrong horse.

I know. If Biden does get elected, by that time his dementia will be so bad that he wouldn't know Hong Kong from Timbuktu. I am definitely backing President Trump.
jimjam wrote:Image

Among those who regularly assailed Mr. Obama for golfing was Mr. Trump — by one count, 27 times. “Can you believe that, with all of the problems and difficulties facing the U.S., President Obama spent the day playing golf,” Mr. Trump wrote in 2014. He was criticizing Mr. Obama for golfing after just two cases of Ebola were confirmed in the United States. “When you’re president you sort of say, like, ‘I’m going to sort of give it up for a couple of years and I’m really going to focus on the job,’” he said on “Fox & Friends.”

Hey America .. your president is a fucking lying hypocritical piece of shit :lol: :lol: :lol:

Trump has given up golfing for awhile during this pandemic to work. But you can easily see that, unlike Obama, Trump is gaining weight and needs golfing for exercise. Obama was just goofing off playing golf to get out of work. That is the big difference.
Drlee wrote:This is demonstrably untrue. Workers get a much better deal under democrats. Witness the 30 million of them who have health care now and did not have it before. The Family Leave Act. Equal rights for women and minorities. The notion that both parties are the same is bullshit.

As for Hong Kong. Too bad. Trump can't do anything to China now and both Trump and China know it. Trump has so fucked up the US economy and the COVID response that we need Chinese stuff too much.

Will Biden save Hong Kong? I don't know. All I know is that he could be no worse. You are backing the wrong horse.

He is impotent as far as China is concerned. He holds none of the leverage now, China does. China wants an economic surge, but Trump NEEDS it and needs it badly because he will likely lose if he doesn't have anything to show up for November.
He keeps shooting himself in the leg, every time he says or do anything is a bit worse than anything that came before it. Remember when the pussy-grabbing was a big thing? Escalated to hush money, then Russia collusion then blackmails of Ukraine and we are now in the territory of total economic collapse. There are not many worse things left for him to do, next few steps in this increasing ladder are war and/or collapse of democracy, both of which could happen.
China's leader is far more cunning and brilliant (even awful people can be smart) than our fat ball of butter that we call the president. China will see the opportunity to squeeze america's testicles in this asymmetric tug of power and unfortunately it will continue to advance every so slightly inching towards becoming the most influential superpower in the world.
China is an interesting beast with a state managed economy with private enterprise still a minority unlike any other nation in terms of public assets. It looks like they’re going to become a technological exporter over and above the current manufacturing center of the world they’ve become. US could still possibly economically diminish China but very true don’t see anyone really heading that way with Trump at the help as everyone is saying.
jimjam wrote:Well bugger me ….. looks like Fatso is getting fatter.

So are we agreed we don't want fatso Stacey Abrams in the White House? I guess her support for Joe Biden means she's not really fat, but she really is Black.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The Settlement program is an example of slow ethn[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Meanwhile, your opponents argue that everyone e[…]

People tend to forget that the French now have a s[…]

Neither is an option too. Neither have your inte[…]