Trump/Twitter insanity - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Trump goes nuts, tells people he's taking hydroxychloroquine etc. Then Twitter goes bonkers by putting politically motivated fact-check links below his tweets to refute what Trump says. Then Trump's base goes bonkers on twitter. Then Trump signs executive order in retaliation. Then Zuckerberg criticizes Twitter's "fact-checking". Then anti-Trumpers go bonkers on twitter raging at Zuckerberg and Trump.

Everyone has gone insane.

I don't know which media site to link for the most neutral article, because all the media has gone insane too. So whatever here's a link: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 265312002/
So putting in a fact check on something said that could be potentially dangerous, is called "political", now?

Maybe Trump shouldn't lie or make misleading and dangerous statements.

Twitter should have banned him after he made false accusations.
By wat0n
Unthinking Majority wrote:Trump goes nuts, tells people he's taking hydroxychloroquine etc. Then Twitter goes bonkers by putting politically motivated fact-check links below his tweets to refute what Trump says. Then Trump's base goes bonkers on twitter. Then Trump signs executive order in retaliation. Then Zuckerberg criticizes Twitter's "fact-checking". Then anti-Trumpers go bonkers on twitter raging at Zuckerberg and Trump.

Everyone has gone insane.

I don't know which media site to link for the most neutral article, because all the media has gone insane too. So whatever here's a link: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 265312002/

It's not just that, I guess you didn't see the second tweet on the riots in Minneapolis he deleted
noemon wrote:They should all come to PoFo! :)

Do you want that Trump man conman on PoFo? You don't want that loco not long for that presidential election bid.... :lol:
By Godstud
Wat0n wrote:It's not just that, I guess you didn't see the second tweet on the riots in Minneapolis he deleted
What was it?
By wat0n
Godstud wrote:What was it?

Nevermind, it's back! It seems the Twitter bot deleted it but they decided to restore it. Or maybe he deleted it but they decided to restore it anyway, which would be an interesting development given this EO.

By Godstud
Just wow...

:eek:

This Tweet violated the Twitter Rules about glorifying violence. However, Twitter has determined that it may be in the public’s interest for the Tweet to remain accessible. Learn more
Godstud wrote:Just wow...

:eek:

This Tweet violated the Twitter Rules about glorifying violence. However, Twitter has determined that it may be in the public’s interest for the Tweet to remain accessible. Learn more

Yeah, that's the one that's really going to enrage Trump and his base. Adding a fact-checking correction at the end of a tweet is one thing; putting the "glorifying violence" message as the first thing you see, and also making it not able to be 'liked', or replied to (though it can be retweeted with a comment, apparently) will drive them mad.
I guess those in Washington should find some way to publicly tell Trump he really should be careful of what he says.
Godstud wrote:So putting in a fact check on something said that could be potentially dangerous, is called "political", now?

Maybe Trump shouldn't lie or make misleading and dangerous statements.

Twitter should have banned him after he made false accusations.

For fun I just searched for "#antivaxx" on twitter and they have a fact check statement and link at the top of the search results. So yes, now twitter is the "arbiter of truth".
By Godstud
Anti-Vaxxer BS is based on lies and pseudoscience.

FFS, do you always argue against reason and sanity?
Unthinking Majority wrote:For fun I just searched for "#antivaxx" on twitter and they have a fact check statement and link at the top of the search results. So yes, now twitter is the "arbiter of truth".

All they are doing is moderating their platform. :roll:

Twitter's fact-checking warnings have been added to tweets from China's foreign ministry spokesman Lijian Zhao. One tweet criticised the Centers for Disease Control for a lack of clarity, alleging that it "might be" that the US army was somehow involved in the Wuhan outbreak. China's propaganda minister is much worse.

ThirdTerm wrote:https://twitter.com/zlj517/status/1238111898828066823

Twitter's fact-checking warnings have been added to tweets from China's foreign ministry spokesman Lijian Zhao. One tweet criticised the Centers for Disease Control for a lack of clarity, alleging that it "might be" that the US army was somehow involved in the Wuhan outbreak. China's propaganda minister is much worse.

IMHO this is exactly why Canada would never treat Twitter like Meng Wanzhou, despite someone suspecting otherwise.

@Rugoz You are a fuckin' moralist, Russia could[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

A new film has been released destroying the offici[…]

You are a supporter of the genocide against the P[…]

Before he was elected he had a charity that he wo[…]