Libyan civil war - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of Africa.

Moderator: PoFo Africa Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
User avatar
By JohnRawls
#15094278
Istanbuller wrote:Turkey is granted to do oil exploration and drilling activities on behalf of Libyan government. Very good news. :) It will be a lifeblood to our weakened economy.

Now it made me sure that we are going to remain in Libya for a very long time.


You know it won't really matter if Haftar wins. :lol:
By Istanbuller
#15094962
JohnRawls wrote:You know it won't really matter if Haftar wins. :lol:

It is not even certain that Haftar will remain as leader of opposition forces. He lost this war first day when Turkey jumped in. Russia, UAE, Egypt already look for someone to replace him.

It is disgraceful for France that Macron now on same side with Putin. Is France looking for an exit from NATO? :lol:
User avatar
By JohnRawls
#15094964
Istanbuller wrote:It is not even certain that Haftar will remain as leader of opposition forces. He lost this war first day when Turkey jumped in. Russia, UAE, Egypt already look for someone to replace him.

It is disgraceful for France that Macron now on same side with Putin. Is France looking for an exit from NATO? :lol:


Turkey supporting Lybia only matters if nobody else is going to support Haftar. As i said before, most European countries along with US and Russia acknowledge that the current Tripoli government is dysfunctional and even if it wins, there won't be any functional Libya. So the logical step to this is to help Haftar win and let him take over. The only problem we have with Haftar is that he will go out of control so we need to make sure that he can be civil within a reasonable margin.

We can't accept a fully totalitarian government or a full madman. Turkey won't be able to get rid of Haftar without NATO inteligence that we simply won't provide. So Haftar will not loose that easily. Haftar already has support from Russia anyways so he might win with just that. If he gets support from France or US then the war is done irrelevant of what Turkey thinks on that matter.
By Istanbuller
#15094977
JohnRawls wrote:Turkey supporting Lybia only matters if nobody else is going to support Haftar. As i said before, most European countries along with US and Russia acknowledge that the current Tripoli government is dysfunctional and even if it wins, there won't be any functional Libya. So the logical step to this is to help Haftar win and let him take over. The only problem we have with Haftar is that he will go out of control so we need to make sure that he can be civil within a reasonable margin.

We can't accept a fully totalitarian government or a full madman. Turkey won't be able to get rid of Haftar without NATO inteligence that we simply won't provide. So Haftar will not loose that easily. Haftar already has support from Russia anyways so he might win with just that. If he gets support from France or US then the war is done irrelevant of what Turkey thinks on that matter.

Your assumptions are just "wishful thinking". You don't have anything based on reality. First, you say that Turkey is irrelevant but you don't have anything to back your claim. What is happening on the ground is very different than your imagination. Second, you claim that all countries on Haftar's side versus Turkey. This is a very laugable claim. Thirdly, you claim, which is also very laughable assumption, Turkey is dependent on NATO aiding. Can you name any war or event Turkey seek NATO support? You can't name any because we have no history of that. :lol:

Turkey is the most powerful force with scientific methods and technological advancement on ground. Most equipments are made %100 nationally.
#15095186
Istanbuller wrote:Your assumptions are just "wishful thinking". You don't have anything based on reality. First, you say that Turkey is irrelevant but you don't have anything to back your claim. What is happening on the ground is very different than your imagination. Second, you claim that all countries on Haftar's side versus Turkey. This is a very laugable claim. Thirdly, you claim, which is also very laughable assumption, Turkey is dependent on NATO aiding. Can you name any war or event Turkey seek NATO support? You can't name any because we have no history of that. :lol:

Turkey is the most powerful force with scientific methods and technological advancement on ground. Most equipments are made %100 nationally.



Your words are at least delusional and show your lack of contact with reality.

Operation Attila and Olive branch (which are the only large scale operations carried out by the Modern Turkish military), both succeeded only because turkey had 1)numerical superiority at least 3 to 1 ,2) Complete Air control (as the opposite factions had no air units), 3) Equipment superiority 4)American and British Intelligence on the enemy.
And now in Libya, you have sent a ginormous amount of uavs (most of which although made in Turkey, are of British design, like bayraktar) and more than 10.000 Syrian fighters and a many dozens of turkish officers and thousands of guns and vehicles to help GNA.
So we see the same pattern that the turks want to get unravelling again 1)numerical superiority, 2) Aerial superiority 3)equipment superiority, 4) NATO Intelligence on the enemy . But this time numbers 1, 2 and 3 arent sure for much longer especially if Egypt actively joins in. And number 4 is judt nonexistent because all of NATO majors and Russia support LNA.

Turks think that they winning everywhere. But you don't understand one thing. British and Americans use a certain method and policy on states like Turkey.
It's called Diplomatic relaxation and Strategic Ambush.
At first they give their "target" small and meaningless victories, they act like pussies on a diplomatic level and act like the "target" is holding them by their balls. But at the same time they use many " soft " pressures against him, such as economical sanctions etc. And then when the "target" matures and thinks he got everything and is at his "peak", then the gilotine is released and America will be " delivering democracy".
Look at Saddam, Khadafi, Assad, Papadopoulos and many others.
Erdogan is next, keep living inside that bubble that the westerners created for you. But know that in some years, when you'll see Turkey losing everywhere and everything all of in a sudden. Then everything will be so clear for you. But it will be too late by then :)
By Istanbuller
#15095530
Hellas me ponas wrote:Your words are at least delusional and show your lack of contact with reality.

Operation Attila and Olive branch (which are the only large scale operations carried out by the Modern Turkish military), both succeeded only because turkey had 1)numerical superiority at least 3 to 1 ,2) Complete Air control (as the opposite factions had no air units), 3) Equipment superiority 4)American and British Intelligence on the enemy.
And now in Libya, you have sent a ginormous amount of uavs (most of which although made in Turkey, are of British design, like bayraktar) and more than 10.000 Syrian fighters and a many dozens of turkish officers and thousands of guns and vehicles to help GNA.
So we see the same pattern that the turks want to get unravelling again 1)numerical superiority, 2) Aerial superiority 3)equipment superiority, 4) NATO Intelligence on the enemy . But this time numbers 1, 2 and 3 arent sure for much longer especially if Egypt actively joins in. And number 4 is judt nonexistent because all of NATO majors and Russia support LNA.

Turks think that they winning everywhere. But you don't understand one thing. British and Americans use a certain method and policy on states like Turkey.
It's called Diplomatic relaxation and Strategic Ambush.
At first they give their "target" small and meaningless victories, they act like pussies on a diplomatic level and act like the "target" is holding them by their balls. But at the same time they use many " soft " pressures against him, such as economical sanctions etc. And then when the "target" matures and thinks he got everything and is at his "peak", then the gilotine is released and America will be " delivering democracy".
Look at Saddam, Khadafi, Assad, Papadopoulos and many others.
Erdogan is next, keep living inside that bubble that the westerners created for you. But know that in some years, when you'll see Turkey losing everywhere and everything all of in a sudden. Then everything will be so clear for you. But it will be too late by then :)

Your comments does not have ground with reality either. You are completely off topic.

I advice you get your facts here:

Turkey don't have airspace control in Syria and Libya. We were not able to use F-16s. It was UAVs made it possible to make operations. It was again UAVs and Koral EWS destroyed Russian air defense systems. Also, we were not numeralically superior.

Turkey is living under American and EU embargo for like 7 years. It didn't stop Turkey from producing more stuff like UAVs, combat helicopter, rifles, radar systems, air defense systems.

We are testing these things now in Syria and Libya. There are a lot of more stuff is going to be tested. This gives Turkish defense companies a leverage to market themselves internationally. More countries will have our equipments in their inventories in the near future.

You should realize that you are talking about a senior arms producing and selling country with a great reputation.
#15095579
Don't worry brother, I know really well the capabilities and potential of turkish arm industry. And yes Turkey did use f 16 and attack helicopters when they invaded Efrin in 2018. And uavs are considered aerial combat units because they bear firepower.

You don't understand my point. Turkey is a huge country with a growing industry and large market to sell, but so was Iraq and Libya... And yes maybe there aren't many turks in Libya, but there are thousands of Syrian fighter brought and commanded by turks in Libya. :hmm:
Turkish economy is going from bad to worse each and every day that passes. And your arms industry is a huge reason thst your economy goes to hell right now. Large budgets from the state treasure are used in arms industry. This growing industry might be good for equipping your military, but its draining all your resources lad. Sooner or later there will be a regime change in Turkey, maybe violent maybe non violent. But one thing is sure, when erdogan gets out of the way, it will be a clusterfuck, because he built up the entire country around one man. Erdogan tries to be putin, but it will not work, because Turkey works completely differently than Russia.
Try to see the bigger picture and stop trying to defend your current situation. It's obvious that only a blind man can't see what's coming :roll:
User avatar
By Vanasalus
#15097776
Tarhuna was captured by Libyan government forces without shooting a single bullet.

https://libya.liveuamap.com/

Renegade Haftar's militia are routing in hurry away from battlefield.

The war in the western Libya is over.

Depending of the circumstances unrevealing, the battle for Sirte and Waddan might be concluded very quickly.

Then Haftar will be cornered in the northeastern Libya.
#15098285
It is told that Sirte is recaptured. It is confirmed.

Also, GNA are close to capture largest oil fields. One is reactivated yesterday. Other ones are in order. Special thanks to President Erdoğan. ;)
#15099142
Istanbuller wrote:It is told that Sirte is recaptured. It is confirmed.

Also, GNA are close to capture largest oil fields. One is reactivated yesterday. Other ones are in order. Special thanks to President Erdoğan. ;)


Also that hasn't happened yet. Don't spread false info. Battle for Sirte still raging on, at least according to Al Jazeera, BBC, Cnn and Kathimerini newspapers
By Istanbuller
#15099156
It would be a news here if there were Turkish casualties.

Some sources indicate that Haftar left Libya for asylum in another country, possibly Egypt. But this information needs verification.

US Foreign Secretary warned Russia to halt its intervention in Libya. This came after Erdoğan and Trump reached an agreement on Libya. Libyan oil revenue is likely to be divided between Libya, Turkey and US.
#15099184
First of all casualties were not only Turkish soldiers. Majority was Syrian mercenaries and Libyan GNA. Also do you really believe Turkish media to have said they lose? Let me remind you all press is proerdogan anymore. Turks have a use of not telling the truth when it comes to casualties (both friendly and enemy)

Right, my point was more about the compradors. […]

Of course I don't suppose that you consciously […]

Let's list good aspects of other cultures

I've never quite fully understood the need for Am[…]

Election 2020

So you think he's going to pardon him, because th[…]