African-American Asphyxiated by Police in Minneapolis - Page 28 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Pretty awful but I highly doubt letting them riot will solve anything, even if Chauvin is declared guilty of third degree murder manslaughter (which he almost surely will - if he isn't, it will be because it turns out he actually knew Floyd and the charges will be a lot more serious for him).

What's clear to me though is that the Democrats will be severely weakened after this (this is affecting mostly Democrat-led cities, and the majors setting up curfews are either Democrats or sympathisers). Even worse, people won't take kindly if their cities, let alone their property, is looted or set alight.

This is like a blessing for Trump, hence the incendiary tweet at the beginning and his virtual silence now. He's been trying to incite protests against Democrats since March (over the lockdowns) and now he's getting something that's a lot better and plays to White identity politics.

If Trump is reelected, I hope the left wing snowflakes within the Democratic party will be purged and kicked out. This will be either a big improvement, if not a solution, for the party or the hastening of its upcoming demise.
Unthinking Majority wrote:True.

I disagree, because those other things can help a lot. White people are the majority, so their support is needed to get laws changed etc., an example is getting rid of slavery and Jim Crow. Also, if black people have more money via reparations or social programs, the problems of poverty will be reduced.

The war on poverty a 1965 program increased the fatherless rate in black America from a low of 20% to a high of 73% today. The black family was in better shape back then despite a greater degree of racism. The number one cause of poverty in a America is the one parent home.
The levels of delusion ITT are absolutely incredible. I think the cancerous selectively silent majority is simply too emotionally fragile to even let themselves process the full horror of what is going on right now. They simply can't deal with reality because their whole world-view and illusion of safety and innocence would come crashing down.

If there ever was a time to put the 2nd Amendment to good use, it would be now. But instead, Americans all over the internet are cheering the cops on whenever they perpetrate some new brutality against their fellow Americans.

Ask yourselves which is the worse crime: taking lives or destroying property? Running people over with cars or obstructing traffic?
@Julian658

Julian658 wrote:The number one cause of poverty in a America is the one parent home.

COME ON MAN! You can't really BELIEVE THAT! :lol: That's a cop out and a way for some people to absolve themselves of any responsibility in the problems we are seeing today. The primary cause of poverty is NOT a one parent home though poverty does increase the probability of one parent homes. The primary cause of poverty is bad public and economic policy! But the haves are not concerned about that because they have got there's.

See, that's the problem in America today. You have a lot of people in society that have this "fuck you! I've got mine" mentality and just don't actually believe in or stand for something that is larger and more important than themselves. That's contributing to the problem and making things worse today and was probably one of several factors that led to the riots we are seeing currently in the news.
Wat0n wrote:Pretty awful but I highly doubt letting them riot will solve anything, even if Chauvin is declared guilty of third degree murder manslaughter (which he almost surely will - if he isn't, it will be because it turns out he actually knew Floyd and the charges will be a lot more serious for him).
Chauvin would not even be in custody on charges had they not rioted.

Julian658 wrote: The number one cause of poverty in a America is the one parent home.
Unsubstantiated opinion. :knife:
Now the effete and ineffectual government of Minnesota is blaming out-of-state 'white supremacists' for instigating the violence and unrest. You can't make this up.

These people suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome and racial schizophrenia. At this point I would call it criminal negligence. They might as well be blaming a mythological malevolent presence that is always lurking in the shadows. :lol: They simply can't bear to blame themselves for their own incompetence and figured that 'white supremacists' would be a better fall guy than antifa scum for their TDS-afflicted Democratic base. :')

Meanwhile, the jail records state that most are Minnesotans. :lol:
Saeko wrote:The levels of delusion ITT are absolutely incredible. I think the cancerous selectively silent majority is simply too emotionally fragile to even let themselves process the full horror of what is going on right now. They simply can't deal with reality because their whole world-view and illusion of safety and innocence would come crashing down.

If there ever was a time to put the 2nd Amendment to good use, it would be now. But instead, Americans all over the internet are cheering the cops on whenever they perpetrate some new brutality against their fellow Americans.

Ask yourselves which is the worse crime: taking lives or destroying property? Running people over with cars or obstructing traffic?

What makes you believe the rioters haven't been into the life taking business?

Speaking of being emotional: What do you think will the electoral consequences of this be? The longer private citizens who don't have anything to do with the killing of George Floyd are affected by this, the harsher the authoritarian reaction will be. And that means Trump, again - no one will buy Biden going into a law and order mood.

The fact that this is happening in largely (if not exclusively) Democrat-led cities is exactly what Trump wanted. And he's getting it in a way he never truly imagined, since there is no way this won't hurt the internal cohesion within the Party.

Godstud wrote:Chauvin would not even be in custody on charges had they not rioted.

Even the cops that managed to get away with homicide were arrested and charged, no rioting involved. And I think it's not as easy to get a not guilty verdict as it used to be, and it will become harder still.
Saeko wrote:Oh one dead cop after 5 days of non-stop police brutality on a massive country-wide scale. Cry me a river. :roll:

Also, how do they know it was the protestors that killed him? How can they be sure it wasn't some pre-existing condition or potential intoxicants?

Oh so this huge regard for human life wasn't such, then. Snowflakes gonna snowflake.
wat0n wrote:Even the cops that managed to get away with homicide were arrested and charged, no rioting involved. And I think it's not as easy to get a not guilty verdict as it used to be, and it will become harder still.
False. Until the riots, Chauvin was not even up on charges.

Derek Chauvin, 44, was arrested late Friday morning and charged with third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter four days after he pinned his knee on Floyd’s neck for nearly nine minutes Monday at the intersection of E. 38th Street and Chicago Avenue as the unarmed and handcuffed man told him he couldn’t breathe.

He is the first white officer in Minnesota to be criminally prosecuted in the death of a black civilian. The maximum sentence for third-degree murder is 25 years; the maximum for second-degree manslaughter is 10 years.

https://www.startribune.com/protests-bu ... 570869672/

* This says a lot about how this racism is hidden.

That's fucking bullshit that it's not as easy to get a not guilty verdict. it happens all the time with cops, even when video evidence is damning.
Keith Ellison blames white supremacists:

Meanwhile, the real Keith Ellison:

Maybe the Democratic Party’s No. 2 was just joking about antifa violence. Or maybe he supports it.

At @MoonPalaceBooks and I just found the book that strike fear in the heart of @realDonaldTrump pic.twitter.com/r81nYoeqpL

— Rep. Keith Ellison (@keithellison) January 3, 2018

On Wednesday, Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.), the Democratic National Committee’s deputy chair, tweeted a photo of himself cheekily smiling with a copy of “Antifa: The Anti-Fascist Handbook.” His caption: “I just found the book that strike [sic] fear in the heart of @realdonaldtrump.”

Obnoxious and wrong: Violence prompts moderates to support the side being attacked against the one violating civic norms. Antifa helps Trump.

Yet it also plays well on the left, feeding fantasies of a serious threat from right-wing extremists. And Ellison, who spent years defending the odious Louis Farrakhan, is a radical who gains from that polarization.

New York Post
wat0n wrote:Pretty awful but I highly doubt letting them riot will solve anything

Why does it need to solve anything? For a government, allowing 'them', the other, the safety valve to randomly burn their own shit in an outpouring of spontaneous ire is better than letting them stew and organise and burn yours. If it gets out of hand you can always....

:)
Saeko wrote:The levels of delusion ITT are absolutely incredible. I think the cancerous selectively silent majority is simply too emotionally fragile to even let themselves process the full horror of what is going on right now. They simply can't deal with reality because their whole world-view and illusion of safety and innocence would come crashing down.

They thought the left were a bunch of weak pussies who would just roll over and die when the boogaloo happened, and it turns out they've burned down multiple police stations and buildings that represent not just white power, but actual remnants of the Antebellum South/Confederacy and chattel slavery that were shamefully allowed to stand.

Now it turns out the best they can muster in the event they've been fantasizing about for decades is a couple of fat dipshits who look like morons in their "big luau" Hawaiian shirts they wore because they saw a bunch of racist memes. They showed up ready to go full RaHoWa, but spent their time standing in the Terminally Online Racist Safety Zone the police made for them until they were told to go home. Having been denied their Deus Vult moment, they ended up taking out their flaccid and impotent aggression by shouting The Word in COD team chat.

Meanwhile, the fat moron in clown makeup who was supposed to Make America White Again spent his day watching a rocket launch and hiding while protesters have put the Secret Service on high alert. We now have multiple videos recorded over multipole nights where protesters clash with Secret Servicemen with the White House visible in the background. Also, President Trump is sad because now nobody is paying attention to his big dumb fight with the Twitter moderation staff.

Eat shit, racist dumbasses.

Also I like you now Saeko, it seems like your views have really changed and I wholly endorse every post you've made in this thread. What happened that brought about this change?
Last edited by SpecialOlympian on 31 May 2020 08:28, edited 1 time in total.
It's an uprising against white civilization. Its just one more step in the Maoist cultural revolution that is sweeping the US since 2012. A huge percentage of the white American population has been indoctrinated to hate their heritage and their country, much like the Red Guards were thaught to hate Chinese civilization and then were used to tear it down.

Blacks are simply increasing their ranks and serving as footsoldiers. The fact that young whites are so numerous is very ominous.
Unthinking Majority wrote:1. My point has been, everyone is responsible for their own actions. Abusive cops, criminals, protestors, everyone.

2. My point in the Youtube thread was that in public people shouldn't be arrested for racist speech, and that Youtube as a private entity had the right censor and ban anyone they like for whatever speech they chose. My argument wasn't that everyone had the right to speech at all times even in public forums. Pofo is a private entity, it has rules, which IMO you broke, and as a moderator you chose to enforce (silence) my formal complaint against you yourself. You showed your true colours for everyone to see.

1) Your point has been to be talking about victim-blaming in order to distract. As Saeko already explained to you in apt terms, the reason people do not talk about evil guys among Holocaust victims is because: it doesn't matter. You still fail to grasp the meaning of this.

2) None of PoFo's rules prevent people from calling you a racist. You are a racist, making racist arguments in a thread about racism. People and myself included are entitled and fully within their rights to call you a racist just like they are entitled to call people fascists, liberals, nazis, commies and whatever political position you are assuming at the time. I understand this is difficult for your grasp, but once again, you are not a victim, you are a racist being called out for the positions you make and not out of any prejudice against you as a person. You are being called out for the political words you spew out of your mouth. And you are being called a racist consistently with everyone else being a racist, even our own mods. Posing as the victim of your own hubris makes you look even more entitled than you already are. And in a thread about dead people, your victim posturing is nothing short of pathetic, immoral and ridiculous.
Julian658 wrote:The war on poverty a 1965 program increased the fatherless rate in black America from a low of 20% to a high of 73% today. The black family was in better shape back then despite a greater degree of racism. The number one cause of poverty in a America is the one parent home.

One parent homes are definitely a major factor of poverty. There's different reasons why it happens and why it has increased exponentially. One parent homes among white Americans has also increased significantly since the 60's.

One thing for sure is that it's far more difficult to escape poverty in a single parent, single income home, and having an absent father figure often has psychological impacts on sons and daughters than help perpetuate the cycle of poverty. Young men with abandonment issues can feel lost and angry, and young women with abandonment issues may seek the love/attention of men and become promiscuous and get knocked up, which starts the cycle over again.
Unthinking Majority wrote:One parent homes are definitely a major factor of poverty. There's different reasons why it happens and why it has increased exponentially. One parent homes among white Americans has also increased significantly since the 60's.

One thing for sure is that it's far more difficult to escape poverty in a single parent, single income home, and having an absent father figure often has psychological impacts on sons and daughters than help perpetuate the cycle of poverty. Young men with abandonment issues can feel lost and angry, and young women with abandonment issues may seek the love/attention of men and become promiscuous and get knocked up, which starts the cycle over again.

We are not interested in your arm-chair socio-economics that attempt to frame Black households as the root causes of their own misery while totally trying to undermine the racist causes that are so flagrant and in open view. Everytime you feel the urge and need to do that, consider Saeko's examples of Holocaust victims and why noone in the right mind point out the evil people among them and you may get back to reality.

For this and the many other victim blaming posts you have made, you carry on proving why you 're a racist. You think you are entitled to carry forward the racist argument of another racist in here and you think you should be protected while doing it. No dear, we are not obliged to protect you or to censor our own selves for your sake and behalf.
Godstud wrote:False. Until the riots, Chauvin was not even up on charges.

Derek Chauvin, 44, was arrested late Friday morning and charged with third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter four days after he pinned his knee on Floyd’s neck for nearly nine minutes Monday at the intersection of E. 38th Street and Chicago Avenue as the unarmed and handcuffed man told him he couldn’t breathe.

He is the first white officer in Minnesota to be criminally prosecuted in the death of a black civilian. The maximum sentence for third-degree murder is 25 years; the maximum for second-degree manslaughter is 10 years.

https://www.startribune.com/protests-bu ... 570869672/

Right, because as the prosecutors themselves said, they wanted to gather all the evidence (and yes, the first video isn't the only evidence they have. There's a second video showing the homicide from a different angle with two more cops pinning him down, which makes it even harder for Chauvin to provide a defense - the maneuver, even if he had performed it differently, was likely unnecessary anyway. There's also the possibility that they knew each other since they worked together as bouncers in the same shift at some point, if so this might actually lead to second or first degree murder charges - again, information that we've been able to learn after the protests began).

And they wanted to do that to get a better case, as they should. It's their job, I'd rather have them take a few days to indict and get him in jail than botch a trial.

Godstud wrote:* This says a lot about how this racism is hidden.

How many African Americans have been killed by police in Minneapolis? At least since 2013, around 4. One was unarmed, and we don't know the precise circumstances in that case.

Police killings in that particular city are fairly unusual so maybe that's why they don't usually charge any police officers for them. Have you or @Pants-of-dog ever thought about that possibility?

Godstud wrote:That's fucking bullshit that it's not as easy to get a not guilty verdict. it happens all the time with cops, even when video evidence is damning.

I said it's not as easy as it used to be, not that it's not easy for them to get the not guilty verdict. Because, you know, BLM happened and jurors - who have a lot if not everything to do with cops getting out easily - have gotten harsher than in the past, and the trend was clear as well. I would think the current events would accelerate this trend further, but that all depends on whatever happens next. Violence may actually stop it.

ingliz wrote:Why does it need to solve anything? For a government, allowing 'them', the other, the safety valve to randomly burn their own shit in an outpouring of spontaneous ire is better than letting them stew and organise and burn yours. If it gets out of hand you can always....

:)

I'm seeing it from the perspective of those who want to end racial differences among victims of police brutality. But yes, if you see it from the point of view of governments this is an irritant, and in some cases may actually be a good thing in the long run.

Specifically, I think all of this is great news for the GOP and Trump and may as well get him reelected. I hope I'm wrong, since he isn't a good President (he's probably the worst one since Harding), but the American identity-obsessed left that unwittingly helped to propel him to power is pushing things in that direction by rioting :hmm:

A Trump reelection would thus be some sort of Thermidorean Reaction even though it should not be. It's Biden who should be elected as that.
I can not fucking wait for the next Qanon Anonymous podcast. Qanon is basically a bunch of brain addled boomers writing fanfiction about how Trump is a genius president who is actually making their life better by battling pedophiles, and it's going to be great watching them contort their thinking into "Actually, nationwide riots during a pandemic are part of Trump's 13th dimensional chess game against the deepstate pedophile cabal."
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Just to note that the secret police the heart of t[…]

Tom Cotton is the clown who raised his fist in su[…]

Nonsense.. It was "deeded" to the Ukra[…]

But Hadrian wasn't really the instigator and it a[…]