African-American Asphyxiated by Police in Minneapolis - Page 30 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Saeko wrote:What would you call the ideology of The Borg? Because that's essentially what I'm aiming for.

Expansionist collective autocratic communism?

I think you might enjoy The Culture series of books. It's about humanity in a post-scarcity society seeking to uplift all other species into bliss where humanity no longer colonizes or interferes with planets becuase they can just build their own self-sustaining, infinitely extending platforms in space.

But like people and AI's are free to fuck off and live lives of degenerate hedonism or if they're bored they can join the Star Trek style army where they subvert other species into their total individual freedom beliefs that can only exist in the post-scarcity society they want to bring everyone into.
Saeko wrote:This the thing I don't get about liberals and conservatives. How can they possibly sit there and say they see black people as Americans and human beings while supporting the police? My only answer now is that they simply don't. They're full of shit.

/rant.

You finally got it, @Saeko. :up:
Zionist Nationalist wrote:The alt right anti Jew position is more understandable although they are too obsessed with this

They are ''too obsessed'' with it for obvious reasons. They know where the power lies. I understand this makes a lot of non-elite Jews uncomfortable, but the truth is the truth.

Zionist Nationalist wrote:Jews are going to get backstabbed by the democrats very soon.

Backstabbed? Meh, perhaps more like a green light to join the GOP (there's not much difference between the two parties anyway) or make aliyah. You see, many Jewish democrats are still pro-Israel.

Zionist Nationalist wrote:this is all planned by the elites that wants cultural revolution

We're going to witness the downfall of the USA in our lifetime. A part of me feels happy because a sea of degeneracy falls away, another part of me feels sad because I know what's the alternative in the current world.

It's obvious that the USA has played its role and served its purpose, and they're ready to pull the plug at some point.

Zionist Nationalist wrote:One thing to notice is that decline of US global power correlates with its cultural and demographic change

Another thing to notice is that it's very easy to infiltrate, distract and rob a country once you have diversified it enough.
noemon wrote:This is absolutely ridiculous and is not convincing anybody. The US Justice system is allergic to prosecuting police committing murders against Black people. Are you seriously trying to deny this reality?

You do realize that they are usually let off by juries right? Prosecutors do their jobs, press charges and during the trials the jurors let them off. This has been changing recently but that's how the cops would get away with homicide.

noemon wrote:Violence is the only way to bring change in the American society and as Saeko already said, they should take their cues from the pro-Trump anti-lockdown protestors who showed up armed to the teeth downtown. As previously pointed out, right-wingers keep making the point that holding guns is their constitutional right to protect themselves from an unjust government. As such, people have a constitutional right to start shooting until Justice is served and the system changes to accommodate Justice for Black people.

If the American far left decides violence is the only way to change American society, that's exactly what they'll get: The very same far right protesters you mentioned will show up, and we know what comes next.

That's not to mention basically everyone else who gets caught in-between. And justice will most certainly not be served, not for African Americans or for anyone else for that matter since mob rule doesn't provide justice.

What you are saying amounts to an imposition on all Americans and I can guarantee that the right will regard itself as within its own 2nd amendment rights to start hunting far leftists for a sport. It's no different from themselves attempting to impose on the rest as they once tried to do during the Civil Rights Movement, back when violence to stop court-ordered school integration came from the right, and we all know how that went for them.

noemon wrote:You 're wishful thinking and playing reverse psychology but even if it* is better for Trump, nobody should care.

Why would I, a Latin American noncitizen living in the USA in 2020, want a second Trump administration? This isn't wishful thinking, I'm scared. Presumably that's how you felt with Brexit and BoJo's election, is it?

noemon wrote: This is about the fact that Black Lives Matter, and they do. Nobody should sleep well in America until Black Lives truly matter.

Black lives should truly matter for the system, but how will violence accomplish it? How will a Trump reelection will get anywhere close to it?

noemon wrote:A Trump re-election would fracture the USA permanently, that would be the Thermidorean reaction you are looking for.

The Thermidorean Reaction I'm hoping for is going back into having someone who isn't a populist in the White House. He doesn't even need to be a genius, just not a populist. But the one the USA may get is one where a populist is reelected under a law and order platform, an issue that shouldn't be there but that will be exclusively due to what's happening now. This may or may not cause a racial fracture in the US (I'm honestly not sure), but it will severely damage it in many other ways (he's easily the most corrupt US presidents since Harding).

Rugoz wrote:That is a rather naive view though. I think this trial will end in an acquittal like similar trials before, I would be willing to bet money on that. They charged him with murder to calm down the situation.

I don't know. Here in Chicago there was also a case during the BLM era (the Laquan McDonald shooting) that ended up with a second-degree murder and battery conviction a couple of years ago. I think that had indeed at least something to do with the BLM movement affecting how jurors - who are usually the ones who let these people go - see these things.

Building a better case obviously makes it way, way more likely that Chauvin will indeed be convicted by a jury as well. And to do that the very first step is to charge him properly, and to do that the prosecutors need to review the evidence. I also think that if it's true that Chauvin and Floyd worked together, then part of the investigation will have to determine whether they knew each other and if they had any conflicts. If so, the charges are likely to get to first or second degree murder.

But something that cannot and should not happen is to have the mob do justice by its own hand instead.
wat0n wrote:You do realize that they are usually let off by juries right? Prosecutors do their jobs, press charges and during the trials the jurors let them off. This has been changing recently but that's how the cops would get away with homicide.

That's not true. The man who killed Trayvon Martin, who was suspciously black in a gated community, was let off by a Grand Jury.

A Grand Jury is defined as:

A grand jury is a jury – a group of citizens – empowered by law to conduct legal proceedings and investigate potential criminal conduct, and determine whether criminal charges should be brought. A grand jury may subpoena physical evidence or a person to testify.

In the case of Trayvon Martin, his murderer wasn't even allowed to be brought before a court for criminal prosecution. And this was done on purpose by the District Attorney, becuase black lives are deemed to be less valid by our racist judicial system.

Maybe the same people who prosecute cases brought to them by the police, and who work closely with them, shouldn't be the same people prosecuting cases against their coworkers? Just an idea.
Last edited by SpecialOlympian on 31 May 2020 10:21, edited 1 time in total.
noemon wrote:Police was created in Ancient Athens, it was only open to slaves to police other slaves, not citizens. Even the name itself comes from the Greek polis(city). Just like "Is tan Polis" or Istanbul. ;)

Yes, It is great to be able to see remnant of Ancient Greek and other civilizations around our cities.

I like the city very much as you can see from my nickname here. :)
The man who murdered Trayvon Martin after stalking him down an alleyway after being told by a 911 operator not to get involved has made money by signing Skittles bags for racists, btw (Skittles were found on Trayvon's corpse). Which only proves that there is a commercial demand from degenerate crackers who lust for black death.

Maybe white people are the problem?
Last edited by SpecialOlympian on 31 May 2020 10:32, edited 3 times in total.
wat0n wrote:You do realize that they are usually let off by juries right? Prosecutors do their jobs, press charges and during the trials the jurors let them off. This has been changing recently but that's how the cops would get away with homicide.

Is there a point here? The US Justice system fails Black people. It perpetuates their murder and unless it changes, then the entire system should be brought down and recreated from the beginning.

If the American far left decides violence is the only way to change American society, that's exactly what they'll get: The very same far right protesters you mentioned will show up, and we know what comes next.
That's not to mention basically everyone else who gets caught in-between. And justice will most certainly not be served, not for African Americans or for anyone else for that matter since mob rule doesn't provide justice.

Black people and White people who believe in Justice for all should all unite and change the system by whatever means necessary. When you 're right you should have no thugs to fear because Right is on your side.

Why would I, a Latin American noncitizen living in the USA in 2020, want a second Trump administration? This isn't wishful thinking, I'm scared. Presumably that's how you felt with Brexit and BoJo's election, is it?

Wishful thinking or not, your reverse psychology remains irrelevant for precisely what I said. This is about making Black Lives to truly matter and this should happen yesterday by whatever means possible. For the record I did not feel scared with either Brexit or BoJo. I felt frustrated on some people's stupidity about Brexit but for the record I voted for BoJo because he gave me a very hefty business rates relief and at the bottom line we are all self-interested creatures. During the last 3 months of the elections I made not a single peep in here and just let it play out.
It's pretty fucking cool that a man who got away with murdering a black highschooler is now a hero to a small segment of whites, and that he wears super badass t-shirts with images resembling the Monster Energy drink logo but its the Confederate flag being shown behind the claw marks.

Super cool. Super normal, for honkeys at least. Maybe we shouldn't be sad that white culture is dying. Maybe we should be celebrating the death of white culture.

SpecialOlympian wrote:That's not true. The man who killed Trayvon Martin, who was suspciously black in a gated community, was let off by a Grand Jury.

A Grand Jury is defined as:

A grand jury is a jury – a group of citizens – empowered by law to conduct legal proceedings and investigate potential criminal conduct, and determine whether criminal charges should be brought. A grand jury may subpoena physical evidence or a person to testify.

In the case of Trayvon Martin, his murderer wasn't even allowed to be brought before a court for criminal prosecution. And this was done on purpose by the District Attorney, becuase black lives are deemed to be less valid by our racist judicial system.

Maybe the same people who prosecute cases brought to them by the police, and who work closely with them, shouldn't be the same people prosecuting cases against their coworkers? Just an idea.

That's wrong. He was charged with second degree murder, there was a full trial with a regular jury, and they let the killer off:

On April 11, 2012, George Zimmerman was charged with second-degree murder in the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin. In support of the charges, the State filed an affidavit of probable cause, stating that Zimmerman profiled and confronted Martin and shot him to death while Martin was committing no crimes.[1] Florida State Attorney Angela Corey announced the charges against Zimmerman during a televised press conference and reported that Zimmerman was in custody after turning himself in to law enforcement.[2][3] Zimmerman was injured during the encounter and said he shot Martin in self-defense.[4]

After sixteen hours of deliberations over the course of two days, on July 13, 2013, the six-person jury rendered a not guilty verdict on all counts.[5][6]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trial_of_George_Zimmerman
SpecialOlympian wrote:Yeah I think you dumbassed racists should keep poking the owner of the site after the huge amount of leeway he has given you.

Please, keep owning me by dissing Noemon and questioning his ability to speak to you. Let's see how that works out.

I've criticized Jews a whole lot on this forum, but I've never called them names, nor did I basically call for the death of their culture.

Wake me up when you have something to replace it.[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I love how everybody is rambling about printing m[…]

Also, the Russians are apparently not fans of Isra[…]

Wars still happen. And violent crime is blooming,[…]