60 Minutes: The Hard Times Generation - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Well folks, after CoronaVirus is over or waning in deaths? What about people paying back rent? People losing their homes? Families living in poverty? I saw this piece in youtube and it moved me.

How are these young generation of kids growing up in the back of old trucks, parking lots, and cheap motels going to be able to have opportunities without student debt? Without formal educations due to not being able to afford university studies? Flat wages and no UBI or subsidized housing for adults. The kids' father a carpenter that can't find work in Florida? How is he going to be able to pay all the bills not making any money?

This is going to get worse with this pandemic deep depression. How about the Hard Times generation?

Discuss.

Tainari88 wrote:This is going to get worse with this pandemic deep depression

Yes ….. I fear it will reach proportions that we at this time cannot imagine. I think of homeless persons a lot. Myself, I have lived in a car and I have lived in the "woods" and I have lived in luxury hotels. This life has been one helluva interesting trip. A thing that saddens me greatly is that homelessness seems to be a hidden problem. Our "leaders" are not interested in the problem, let alone even aware of it. I doubt that anything short of a revolution will bring change. We may well have taken the first steps toward revolution this past week. The horrible death of a black man under the knee of a psychotic police person was the spark but …… there is much more. There is a pain and hopelessness in the land that grows daily. The "law" is there to enforce a criminal status quo and ….. the people know it. I am a street photographer and have been photographing homelessness for decades. Below the first pic is N.Y.C., then Malaga, Spain and Portland, Maine.

jimjam wrote:Yes ….. I fear it will reach proportions that we at this time cannot imagine. I think of homeless persons a lot. Myself, I have lived in a car and I have lived in the "woods" and I have lived in luxury hotels. This life has been one helluva interesting trip. A thing that saddens me greatly is that homelessness seems to be a hidden problem. Our "leaders" are not interested in the problem, let alone even aware of it. I doubt that anything short of a revolution will bring change. We may well have taken the first steps toward revolution this past week. The horrible death of a black man under the knee of a psychotic police person was the spark but …… there is much more. There is a pain and hopelessness in the land that grows daily. The "law" is there to enforce a criminal status quo and ….. the people know it. I am a street photographer and have been photographing homelessness for decades. Below the first pic is N.Y.C., then Malaga, Spain and Portland, Maine.

There has to be above all Jimjam, a political will for a better society.

It is sad, but real change usually precedes blood being spilled and a lot of deaths and political hopelessness.

When heads start to roll and people die in larger numbers? You will see change.

Of the best kind. It costs human lives change. They should respond when there is a way to be listened to. They rarely listen to the people telling them what needs to happen. They only listen when the bullets or the blood and the death opens up deaf ears Jimjam. That is human history.
@Tainari88

Tainari88 wrote:This is going to get worse with this pandemic deep depression. How about the Hard Times generation?

Discuss.

I hear you Tainari88. I feel for this current generation. But I am going to tell you what it's going to take to get through these hard times: everybody coming together, understanding we are all in this together and work together as a team. The truth of the matter is no success comes without team work and help from others. It's important that we all pitch in, respect each other, understand each other all be brothers and sisters in this struggle. None of us is going to make it through this alone and without help from others. We all have to come together, pitch in and work as a team. Teamwork is essential to success and overcoming hard rough times. We all got have each others back.
Politics_Observer wrote:@Tainari88

I hear you Tainari88. I feel for this current generation. But I am going to tell you what it's going to take to get through these hard times: everybody coming together, understanding we are all in this together and work together as a team. The truth of the matter is no success comes without team work and help from others. It's important that we all pitch in, respect each other, understand each other all be brothers and sisters in this struggle. None of us is going to make it through this alone and without help from others. We all have to come together, pitch in and work as a team. Teamwork is essential to success and overcoming hard rough times. We all got have each others back.

Politics, I like taking history as an example. The 1960s was a turbulent time in American history. The Civil Rights movement was in full swing and the change in the culture of the USA was profound. Most of it occurred due to the birth of many people post WWII. During that time you had people impeding progress Politics. People who didn't want to change the laws of segregation who thought Black people inferior etc etc. MLK Jr. did not believe in violence but he believed profoundly in conflict and resisting these unjust laws and unjust attitudes.

Why are people against unity and against change that is necessary? Why do they undo necessary programs and laws? And replace them with discrimination or they neglect to fund the programs that protect us all? Because they don't believe in what you just wrote Politics. They don't believe in it.

So how does one cope with that? Sit back and let it happen without a fight? No, you got to be actively pressuring what is wrong and bring the solution to the table and get it to happen. Justice is not free Politics. For any nation on Earth. Justice is hard and difficult to obtain in many nations. Not only the USA. But in many nations.

What will Trump do in some bunker in the White House deploying the National Guard and threatening the USA people who are frustrated with force and arrests and deaths by knees on necks and BBQ joint owners being shot in Kentucky? How does that work?

You got to go out there and unite with other people for justice Politics.

You vote for change. You volunteer your time for causes you believe in. You love your wife and family, you do self care, you do what you want with true freedom in your life Politics. You make your own life better and you love others to the best of your abilities.

Governments and what they do in the world? Often don't reflect the good people of those nations who are not in powerful positions and receiving the benefits of power and who don't give a damn about the many people working and sweating and paying taxes for them to live high on the hog and ignore their needs. You got to give those abusive people hell. They got closed ears Politics. You got to open them up with screaming, insistence and pressure. Till they say, "Damn, here, just get out of my face! I have to go from this position. It is not about me anymore. I hate serving. I am getting out." The selfish people need to be kicked out Politics. And replaced with unselfish people with good values. Otherwise nothing changes. These selfish people are not into serving and being on the line for anyone but themselves. Like your first wife. They need to go! ;)
@Tainari88

Absolutely Tainari88. You hit the nail on the head. But the reason why we have people like Trump in power is because not everybody who had the time, money and could legally go out and vote, actually went out and voted. Barack Obama once said, "You get the politicians you deserve."

Sure the majority did not vote for Trump, but still not everybody that had the time, money and could legally vote actually went out and voted, which could have changed the outcome of the election if they did. Force is not the answer in this situation. What is needed is dialogue and understanding with the protestors.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I love how everybody is rambling about printing m[…]

Also, the Russians are apparently not fans of Isra[…]

Wars still happen. And violent crime is blooming,[…]

@FiveofSwords " small " Humans are 9[…]