African-American Asphyxiated by Police in Minneapolis - Page 66 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#15097373
annatar1914 wrote:Show me real workers who have time, means, and social irresponsibility to set fires, vandalize, terrorize innocents, and attack the forces of law and order. That's not building Socialism.


How about the 40 million who've been laid off, losing loved ones to Corona, and are being brutalized by the police?

Sip that champagne harder.
#15097384
wat0n wrote:Yes, but he got it in April so he should have already reached immunity by Memorial Day.


It can permanently damage the lungs and heart, leading to long term complications.

No doubt the Cop's defence lawyers are going to try to twist that somehow.

Dammit.
#15097394
ness31 wrote:Is it true Floyd had Coronavirus? If that’s true, it will be the twist of the mother fucking century..


Yeah in a medical setting a skilled doctor could have applied their knee to Floyd's neck in a safe and controlled way. The real problem is that our police departments are underfunded, and our police force needs additional overtime so they can learn how to properly apply their knees to the necks of people who might have medical conditions.

Never again. Fund the police.
#15097404
SpecialOlympian wrote:Yeah in a medical setting a skilled doctor could have applied their knee to Floyd's neck in a safe and controlled way. The real problem is that our police departments are underfunded, and our police force needs additional overtime so they can learn how to properly apply their knees to the necks of people who might have medical conditions.

Never again. Fund the police.


Lol, calm down SO.

I hope this doesn’t impact the trial. That would be a kick in the guts that none of us need.
#15097422
I do wonder if there is reslly an identity or false conflation between rioters/looters and protesters.
In that some of the wild shit of smashing up stores seems random and not necessarily targeted in the way protesters have been. When they burned cop shops and slavery buildings, that didn’t seem the same as stores getting looted.

I am skeptical of the degree to which the two are the same group/phenomenon and rather the circumstances for protest can create opportunity for looters and such but this is no mark against protesting and fucking shit up against police and that.

Because when i hear bad shit happening to cops its in the context of some looting shit but ive not seen a cop getting fucked up by what are clearly protesters once.
#15097425
Wellsy wrote:I do wonder if there is reslly an identity or false conflation between rioters/looters and protesters.
In that some of the wild shit of smashing up stores seems random and not necessarily targeted in the way protesters have been. When they burned cop shops and slavery buildings, that didn’t seem the same as stores getting looted.

I am skeptical of the degree to which the two are the same group/phenomenon and rather the circumstances for protest can create opportunity for looters and such but this is no mark against protesting and fucking shit up against police and that.

Because when i hear bad shit happening to cops its in the context of some looting shit but ive not seen a cop getting fucked up by what are clearly protesters once.


You'll have to elaborate on what "fucked up" means in this context, but yes violent protesters and looters are not the same group of people. There's probably some overlap but they are mostly composed of different people.

One way to further differentiate between both is that there are looters in neighborhoods that have seen no protests.

This is not to say, of course, that having a group of people who protest violently and overwhelm the police force has absolutely no effect on looting in other parts of the city or else we wouldn't be seeing the looting we are seeing. It absolutely does matter for policing a whole city (and even suburbs), and a lot, that suddenly it becomes necessary to have a massive police presence in parts of the city that usually don't need nearly as much of it. It's not necessary for protestors to engage in the looting themselves for them to be the main reason why opportunist looting is going on.
#15097428
wat0n wrote:You'll have to elaborate on what "fucked up" means in this context, but yes violent protesters and looters are not the same group of people. There's probably some overlap but they are mostly composed of different people.

One way to further differentiate between both is that there are looters in neighborhoods that have seen no protests.

This is not to say, of course, that having a group of people who protest violently and overwhelm the police force has absolutely no effect on looting in other parts of the city or else we wouldn't be seeing the looting we are seeing. It absolutely does matter for policing a whole city (and even suburbs), and a lot, that suddenly it becomes necessary to have a massive police presence in parts of the city that usually don't need nearly as much of it. It's not necessary for protestors to engage in the looting themselves for them to be the main reason why opportunist looting is going on.

Wel when i see stories of a cop getting attacked and brutalized if not killed it is always in the context of looting/robbery. But I’ve not seen protesters target a policeman to beat him up severely but rather always the cops targeting protesters if not random individuals in the town where protests are occurring. So i do wonder if the talk of peaceful protests is largely true, the protesters will make targets of say the police buildings and such but that aren’t arbitrary and chaotic in their violence or destruction of things. It is always in relation to police and even resisting their own intense force.
#15097429
Wellsy wrote:Wel when i see stories of a cop getting attacked and brutalized if not killed it is always in the context of looting/robbery. But I’ve not seen protesters target a policeman to beat him up severely but rather always the cops targeting protesters if not random individuals in the town where protests are occurring. So i do wonder if the talk of peaceful protests is largely true, the protesters will make targets of say the police buildings and such but that aren’t arbitrary and chaotic in their violence or destruction of things. It is always in relation to police and even resisting their own intense force.


It's not just targeting police assets though. There have been attacks against cops themselves, even without prior attempts to repress the protests.

If this hasn't ended in homicide, I would say it's more due to the fact that protestors tend to go unarmed (only in very, very few cases I've seen protestors being caught carrying firearms) while on the other hand looters are more likely to carry. Even more so since in some places there are civilians, even some who often engage in crime themselves themselves, willing to use deadly force to stop looters.

  • 1
  • 64
  • 65
  • 66
  • 67
  • 68
  • 165

Well, it's getting to the point where the death r[…]

Syrian war thread

You have not been able to prove any time the Syri[…]

Blackjack, posting on the estranged parents forum:[…]

Election 2020

@blackjack21 , regarding my comments about the ([…]