African-American Asphyxiated by Police in Minneapolis - Page 78 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Donna wrote:lol, that wasn't what you were doing you lying fuck. The point you were trying to make, which definitely wasn't that stereotypes are racist, could have been made without conflating a positive stereotype about Asians with a negative one about blacks. For example, you could have compared the prowess of Asians in mathematics to the musical or athletic prowess of blacks. But you didn't because you're a total chud who is oozing with racial bias.

LOL :lol: . You're paranoid and make up stuff in your own mind. That's the nuttiest thing I've ever heard.

What's happened is you've stereotyped me as some MAGA white supremacist racist and you're constantly looking for any excuse, real or imaginary, to confirm your "suspicions" and "out" me.

You can think whatever you want, I could care less.
Pants-of-dog wrote:He had 17 investigations into his behaviour, and 10 complaints. The public records are heavily redacted, so we have no idea if he disproportionately targeted blacks, though police generally do.

Maybe he's just a dick? Maybe he is a racist dick? Who the heck knows. We know he's a dick though.

Fact 1. There is a long-standing tradition of racist violence against blacks by US police forces. Do you agree or disagree?

Yeah, but how's that evidence for this cop being racist? Other cops doing racist things has nothing to do with whether he did them or not. Maybe statistically the odds are higher than he may have acted with racial bias, but it's not evidence that he actually acted that way.

Fact 2. White people have markedly different experiences with police under the same circumstances. Do you disagree?

Where's the evidence for this? It could be true, I'm not saying it's false, we need evidence. Lots of it, you need a statistically significant sample. Not just a few anecdotes involving well-educated white professors. A sample size of 3 or 4 people is ridiculous. Also, were these profs intoxicated at the time?

I also pointed out that regardless of the killer’s feelings or intent, his actions in this case were part of a pattern of brutality that is perceived as targeting blacks and therefore reinforces racism. Do you disagree?

Yes I disagree. Racism can only be reinforced if it actually occurs. Racism reinforces racism. Perceived racism only reinforces perceived racism.

There's no evidence this cop acted with racial bias. Literally none. Maybe he did. But you can't just stereotype all white cops and label the dude a racist. Every time a cop does something bad to a black dude it's not always due to racism. Sometimes it is, maybe even a lot of the times. We know this because white cops do bad stuff to white people all the time. Almost certainly not as often as they do to black people. What we do have is evidence on camera that he acts with excessive force.
Last edited by Unthinking Majority on 06 Jun 2020 06:10, edited 1 time in total.
Donna wrote:In Paris today:

Victor Hugo would be proud of those french Protestors. It was the brutality of the French Police against university students that inspired Les Miserables. Bastards literally massacred a whole bunch of them.

At least the French Police only fired tear gas today.
So here is another angle on this.

People who are claiming to "support the police" and spending a great deal of time blaming the victims and alibiing bad behavior on the part of the cops. In doing this they are NOT supporting the police.

If I said to you that sending a poorly trained poorly lead soldier into combat was a recipe for disaster and doing a grave disservice to the soldier I doubt anyone would disagree. Yet. What we are seeing in excessive force by officers is the very same thing. In departments that are competently lead and properly trained we see far fewer incidents like this. In this case, the officer who is charged with 2nd degree murder was not only the senior officer present, he was charged with training two of the other cops. Additionally he had been the subject of numerous complaints before this.

So competent leadership applied early on would have saved one death and four ruined lives. Strict departmental policies, insisted upon from day one would have prevented this. SO:

When we are very strict with police and provide them with the very best of training and absolutely no ambiguity in command we are actually being kind to them. When we don't set the standard and insist on disciplined behavior they are little more than an official mob. And we are disrespecting them and the job we want them to do. Most importantly we are endangering the lives of the people of the community AND setting the individual officer up for a terrible fall. Just like this officer who will spend the majority of the rest of his life in prison.
Julian658 wrote:That is true!

That is why one should evaluate people as individuals and not according to the group they belong to. That is why the Identity politics of the left is flawed. If everyone judged others as individuals there would be no discrimination.

Exactly.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
@Hindsite I choose not to respond to your very unChristian attack on me as such attacks are childish, at best, and only demonstrate that you have no argument. They are also a racist attack, which is typical of you, implying that I should "stick to my own race". Fuck. Off.

Do you even know what tear gas does to people? It's not harmless. It's not a peaceful way to disperse crowds. Your ignorance of this is noted.

This Is Exactly How Tear Gas Affects Your Body
“The known impact of tear gas is not great for your health, and then there are side effects and unintended consequences that are also not great,” Rohini J. Haar, M.D., M.P.H., a medical research and investigations advisor at Physicians for Human Rights and a visiting professor at the UC Berkeley School of Public Health, tells SELF.

In general, tear gas causes a stinging and burning sensation to a person’s eyes and mucus membranes (including those in the lungs), salivation, watery eyes, runny nose, tight chest, headache, and nausea, the World Health Organization (WHO) says.

“It causes your skin to feel like it’s burning and, when you breathe it in (which you can’t help but do because it’s a gas), it can cause injury to your airways and lungs,” Dr. Haar explains. “All of the symptoms are supposed to be temporary, like lasting 20 to 30 minutes, but if you can’t get out of the tear gas, there’s too much of it, or you’re specifically vulnerable to it, it can cause a lot more problems.”

Other health issues that tear gas exposure can lead to include chronic skin reactions and chemical burns to your skin, a corneal abrasion (a painful scratch on the transparent front part of your eye), and long-lasting or permanent lung injury such as inflammation of the airways—and these side effects could take weeks or longer to improve. If a person has a preexisting condition like asthma, they’re also more sensitive to respiratory distress or hypoxia, which is a condition where people can’t get enough oxygen into their bodies, Dr. Haar says. Also, sometimes the canisters themselves can cause injury. “We’ve seen skull and bone fractures after people were hit with them,” she adds.

https://www.self.com/story/how-tear-gas ... -your-body
Last edited by Godstud on 06 Jun 2020 06:27, edited 1 time in total.
Drlee wrote:So here is another angle on this.

People who are claiming to "support the police" and spending a great deal of time blaming the victims and alibiing bad behavior on the part of the cops. In doing this they are NOT supporting the police.

If I said to you that sending a poorly trained poorly lead soldier into combat was a recipe for disaster and doing a grave disservice to the soldier I doubt anyone would disagree. Yet. What we are seeing in excessive force by officers is the very same thing. In departments that are competently lead and properly trained we see far fewer incidents like this. In this case, the officer who is charged with 2nd degree murder was not only the senior officer present, he was charged with training two of the other cops. Additionally he had been the subject of numerous complaints before this.

So competent leadership applied early on would have saved one death and four ruined lives. Strict departmental policies, insisted upon from day one would have prevented this. SO:

When we are very strict with police and provide them with the very best of training and absolutely no ambiguity in command we are actually being kind to them. When we don't set the standard and insist on disciplined behavior they are little more than an official mob. And we are disrespecting them and the job we want them to do. Most importantly we are endangering the lives of the people of the community AND setting the individual officer up for a terrible fall. Just like this officer who will spend the majority of the rest of his life in prison.

I somewhat agree with you here. The cop having 19 years experience is the senior cop and should be held responsible when something goes wrong. But instead of talk to take funding away from the police that some politicians have taken up to satisfy Black Lives Matters by reducing funding for the police in cities like L.A., they should increase the funding for better training, counseling, and increased salaries to attract more and better people and reduce the need for them to take security jobs when off duty like this cop did. Our police should not be over-worked by long hours either, so they can come on the job fresh and alert and be able to concentrate on doing their job in a correct manner every day.
Godstud wrote:@Hindsite I choose not to respond to your very unChristian attack on me as such attacks are childish, at best, and only demonstrate that you have no argument. They are also a racist attack, which is typical of you, implying that I should "stick to my own race". Fuck. Off.

You hypocrite. You act like your attacks on me were not just as childish. You demonstrate that you have no argument against the truth, but maybe atheist lies.

Godstud wrote:Do you even know what tear gas does to people? It's not harmless. It's not a peaceful way to disperse crowds. Your ignorance of this is noted.

Hell yeah. I know all about tear gas. I have experience the effects of tear gas in military training during my 20 years of service in the U.S. Army. I know it is not a fun experience, that is why those motherfukers start running to get away. The effects do go away and they are okay in time.
You must be an atheist, then, @Hindsite because no Christian would do what you're doing.

You don't like the truth, because it shows what a shit person you truly are.
Godstud wrote:You must be an atheist, then, @Hindsite because no Christian would do what you're doing.

You don't like the truth, because it shows what a shit person you truly are.

Now you want me to be an atheist like you. No thanks. I am happy to be a Christian saved from the second death by the Son of God. Now for the truth about a shit person, just look in the mirror. :lol:
Godstud wrote:At least I didn't marry my sister, as is customary in Georgia.

You sure have a dim view of people from Georgia. Are you saying that Martin Luther King Jr., Jackie Robinson, Ray Charles, Spike Lee, Laurence Fishburne, Cam Newton, Little Richard, CeeLo Green and Jimmy Carter married their sisters? They're from Georgia.
One thing that pissess me off about this situation is the over-vigilant Store. Holy shit dude, you called the cops over a fake bank note AFTER HE LEFT THE STORE? How about just train your staff to recognise fake bank notes immediately upon them being handed over? It was a fucken $20 note dickhead, not $500.

Or how about just make sure you just let it go and remember the fella who gave it to you so you don't get had a second time?

What an asshole that store owner must be. Minnesota Police should get training in "ignoring the stupid calls, but pretending not to".

Store owner knew he was out the front still, just go and ask for the money back(if he doesn't have it, just fucken let him go) and tell him to fuck off and don't come back to the store.

Fuck. Could have avoided the entire situation.
Go back to your cave, @blackjack21.

I only take umbrage with one Georgian resident. You know that, too. Troll.

Floyd was black. So no, it couldn't be avoided.
@Hindsite

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

Matthew 23:27
blackjack21 wrote:You sure have a dim view of people from Georgia. Are you saying that Martin Luther King Jr., Jackie Robinson, Ray Charles, Spike Lee, Laurence Fishburne, Cam Newton, Little Richard, CeeLo Green and Jimmy Carter married their sisters? They're from Georgia.

How could you forgot James Brown: The Godfather of Soul

colliric wrote:One thing that pissess me off about this situation is the over-vigilant Store. Holy shit dude, you called the cops over a fake bank note AFTER HE LEFT THE STORE? How about just train your staff to recognise fake bank notes immediately upon them being handed over? It was a fucken $20 note dickhead, not $500.

Or how about just make sure you just let it go and remember the fella who gave it to you so you don't get had a second time?

What an asshole that store owner must be. Minnesota Police should get training in "ignoring the stupid calls, but pretending not to".

Store owner knew he was out the front still, just go and ask for the money back(if he doesn't have it, just fucken let him go) and tell him to fuck off and don't come back to the store.

You sound very prejudice about the store owner when you don't know anything about the store owner or the whole story about the incident. I don't see why you would want to allow criminals that tried to pass counterfeit bills just go free. That store owner couldn't stay in business like that.

If nobody tried to stop it, then there would be more and more people doing it, just like there were more and more people rioting and looting because the weak Democrat mayors and governors let the first riot and looting incidents go by not doing anything about them. Just look how many cities it spread to because of that first stupid mayor that ordered the police to abandon their building and let rioters destroy the place. I wish people on here and the left would not act so stupid.

So even if we look only at haplotypes found in a […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Seems like there's a lot of cursing of Ukraine's 1[…]

@wat0n It is seen as unacceptable and abnormal[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

We were once wild before wheat and other grains do[…]