African-American Asphyxiated by Police in Minneapolis - Page 80 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

colliric wrote:One thing that pissess me off about this situation is the over-vigilant Store. Holy shit dude, you called the cops over a fake bank note AFTER HE LEFT THE STORE? How about just train your staff to recognise fake bank notes immediately upon them being handed over? It was a fucken $20 note dickhead, not $500.

Or how about just make sure you just let it go and remember the fella who gave it to you so you don't get had a second time?

What an asshole that store owner must be. Minnesota Police should get training in "ignoring the stupid calls, but pretending not to".

Store owner knew he was out the front still, just go and ask for the money back(if he doesn't have it, just fucken let him go) and tell him to fuck off and don't come back to the store.

Fuck. Could have avoided the entire situation.

Nah, if the store owner wouldn't have called the police it would have been the lady with the dog, or the guy concerned that this guy is entering the building or some random fuck in the street that saw him sitting on the park. Don't forget that this is not 1 isolated case
This one just happen to be clearly caught on camera, from multiple angles at a time where people were already emotionally distressed from covid/lockdown/economy.
Last edited by XogGyux on 06 Jun 2020 14:15, edited 1 time in total.
Godstud wrote:Trump had every opportunity to respond with empathy and compassion to the current situation. He has done NOTHING.

WRONG. He has called for the AG to expedite a civil rights investigation and has even talked to George Floyd's family member.

Godstud wrote:You are merely making excuses for a fucking dumbass and for your racist narrative.

If you really believe all that, then you are just too ignorant to know any better.

Godstud wrote: His skin colour is irrelevant. He was not a looter or a rioter. He posed no threat to 20 police officers. An officer could have taken him by the arm and led him away.

The whole idea of the protest was about police brutality against Blacks or people of color or did you forget that detail.

Godstud wrote:What situation? He was all but alone and almost everyone had already backed off. Bullying old men is all police are capable off because they are cowards in blue.

You are making a big deal out of it and don't even know the situation. Even on that little video snippet, if you look a little further you can see the police arresting one of the protesters. Maybe you should do some more research before sounding off half cocked and not knowing what is going on before and after that little video snippet. You probably got that from one of the fake news outlets, like CNN or MSNBC.

The Entire Buffalo Police Emergency Response Team Just Resigned

A Buffalo police officer shoved an elderly protester, and the man stumbled and fell to the ground, with his head loudly hitting the concrete. Blood spilled out of the back of his head. The 75-year-old, who has since been identified as Martin Gugino, was reported as "alert and oriented" on Friday. Once police management obtained the video of the incident, the two officers most directly involved have been suspended from the force without pay.

But their colleagues believe it was too strict a punishment. All 57 police officers on the Buffalo Police Department Emergency Response Team have resigned in support of the suspended officers.

While Mayor Byron Brown admitted being disturbed by the video, he explained on WBEN radio on Friday that Buffalo police protocol maintains that only medically trained officers are permitted to administer First Aid to injured individuals. That policy could explain why the officers in the front line walked right by the bleeding man as he lay on the ground. According to Brown, what the video didn't show was another officer administering assistance to Gugino.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyob ... t-n2570149
Saeko wrote:I read this in a tweet which I can't find anymore, but:

"In the last week, America binge-watched 400 years of black history." :lol:

Does Black America want White America to change? Is Black America asking White America not to be racist?

Is this an issue of skin color?

No: It is an issue of culture.
SpecialOlympian wrote:He absorbed rightwing talking points. Rightwing talking points are attractive to the mentally ill becuase rightwing ideology has no intellectual backbone and is nothing more than a schizophrenic collage of conspiracies, which often contradict each other.

This is because rightwing ideology is a mental illness.

Well, I didn’t see him interact long enough to make that judgement. For me, it sounded like a guy telling people, in a very forceful way, not to be gullible. There was also an age gap between himself and most of his audience from what I can remember...

I don’t have an opinion as to whether it was right wing or left wing, because I’ve not seen a good example of either in many years. It’s all immature rubbish.
Hindsite wrote:The old man was not Black, he was White. The stupid fool was obstructing the police from doing their job of taking control of the situation. He should have known not to get in the way of the police. I hope you are not that dumb or you might get hurt too.

That man could have died, he was bleeding heavily out his ear. The cops don't even tend to him and give him first aid when it's pointed out he's bleeding heavily. Yes they tend to him eventually, but not in that video.

You really are a heartless dumbass aren't ya?
Last edited by colliric on 06 Jun 2020 15:44, edited 1 time in total.
SpecialOlympian wrote:He absorbed rightwing talking points. Rightwing talking points are attractive to the mentally ill becuase rightwing ideology has no intellectual backbone and is nothing more than a schizophrenic collage of conspiracies, which often contradict each other.

This is because rightwing ideology is a mental illness.

It's not like contemporary identity-obsessed far leftism is any better either, particularly the American kind :lol:
Saeko wrote:https://twitter.com/holyfaulkner/status/1268992416868175874

He is as racist as those that think all ills of America are due to White people. And there many, some post right here. This is much more than skin color, this is an abysmal cultural divide.
colliric wrote:That man could have died, he was bleeding heavily out his ear. The cops don't even tend to him and give him first aid when it's pointed out he's bleeding heavily.

You really are a heartless dumbass aren't ya?

The man is an old dude. The cop lightly tapped him and he lost his balance.
Julian658 wrote:The man is an old dude. The cop lightly tapped him and he lost his balance.

The cop shoved him. It wasn't a "light tap", it was a shove.

Probably didn't think he was going to fall over, but that's irrelevant. Shoving someone is technically assault.
XogGyux wrote:Why is it that every time I read a post of yours is to justify some sort of despicable act?

Describing reality does not mean I endorse the reality I am describing. However, watch the video, the cop lightly tapped the old man and he fell. Bleeding from the ears, perhaps a skull fracture.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Assuming it's true. What a jackass. It's like tho[…]

Wishing Georgia and Georgians success as they seek[…]

@FiveofSwords Bamshad et al. (2004) showed, […]

Let's set the philosophical questions to the side[…]