African-American Asphyxiated by Police in Minneapolis - Page 85 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

maz wrote:Make no mistake, the propaganda goes both ways.

Kid Who Hugged Cop In Viral Protest Photo Feared Dead In Family Car Plunge

Huffpost omits uncomfortable facts.

'

Good riddance, fash sympathizer.

I don't even know what stupid point you're trying to make Mazi. I'm sorry pepe memes aren't sustaining you right now.
blackjack21 wrote:Your posts literally tell people what they think, and then you argue against your own strawman assertion of them. That's why people respond to your every assertion. Acquiescence is consent. Like many, you seem to want people to come to the conclusion that this is somehow about Donald Trump. It is not. This type of police violence has been going on for a long time. Eric Garner was killed by the NYPD in 2014 when Obama was president--a very similar situation. You are just unwilling to deal with the nature of the urban Democrat political machine, which is where those police operate.

You poor victim once again, my posts deal with your detractions and the attempts trying to steer this conversation off-topic. It is transparent why you, Annatar and the alt-right are doing it and why you insist on considering yourselves the victims of society. But you are not the victims of society or of the democrats, you are responsible for your own fate, for your arrogance and hubris. And you detractions will be dealt with for what they are.

Lastly, the only thing I said about "Trump" was this:

noenon wrote:There have been several Black people dead in this manner but no turmoil has happened. It all depends on the circumstances, the boiling point and most importantly on the handling of the authorities and the government which you lot are failing to hold to account for actions in both word & deed.

Your detraction tactics are transparent and ridiculous. And they expose you no matter how much you try to put a fake face on.

Your radio silence on this matter is deafening. You will say anything that absolves your leadership of a responsibility that is squarely on its hands. That is not cool at all.
wat0n wrote:^ The bodycams have been useful to deter cops from misbehavior and documenting it sometimes (and also exonerating them when it's not their fault).

Bodycams are a good start but it's gonna take a lot more than that to really solve the problem. The most urgent reforms needed are citizen review boards and independent special prosecutors for police misconduct, puting an end to for profit policing by getting rid of fines and fees for civil violations and misdemeanors, and breaking the insane police union contracts that prevent bad cops from being properly investigated and punished.

90% of the reform proposals put out by Black Lives Matter are just good common sense reforms. It's too bad the cunt liberals poisoned the well by racializing the fuck out of the issue because police misconduct really is a serious problem for all poor and working class people. There would have been a lot of progress already on it if we had real leadership that was building alliances along class lines, but instead we got fevered woketard extremists driving wedges and alienating half the country by going around calling everyone racist nazis.
Sivad wrote:Another good reform would be to legally require that the public defenders office be given the same level of funding and access to resources as the DA's office. That would really level the playing field.

That is definitely better than under funding the Police.
Sivad wrote:Another good reform would be to legally require that the public defenders office be given the same level of funding and access to resources as the DA's office. That would really level the playing field.

Repeal of asset forfeiture laws seems like it would be first and foremost on the BLM agenda but I have not heard them bring this up. I will admit that I am not following their demands closely.
maz wrote:Repeal of asset forfeiture laws seems like it would be first and foremost on the BLM agenda but I have not heard them bring this up. I will admit that I am not following their demands closely.

Maybe that is because they don't have assets, at least none that they didn't get by looting. :lol:
maz wrote:Repeal of asset forfeiture laws seems like it would be first and foremost on the BLM agenda but I have not heard them bring this up. I will admit that I am not following their demands closely.

I haven't seen it this time around but BLM came out with a list of mostly good reform proposals about 5 years ago called Campaign Zero and asset forfeiture repeal was one of them.

One of the best ones was requiring police departments to pay lawsuit settlements out of their own budgets rather than the city coffers. If it came down to a choice between getting rid of bad apples or taking salary cuts and OT reductions I'm pretty sure most police departments would start cleaning house.
Sivad wrote:I haven't seen it this time around but BLM came out with a list of mostly good reform proposals about 5 years ago called Campaign Zero and asset forfeiture repeal was one of them.

One of the best ones was requiring police departments to pay lawsuit settlements out of their own budgets rather than the city coffers. If it came down to a choice between getting rid of bad apples or taking salary cuts and OT reductions I'm pretty sure most police departments would start cleaning house.

I apparently misunderstood. I thought he meant forfeiture by the criminals of BLM not the Police.
noemon wrote:Your radio silence on this matter is deafening. You will say anything that absolves your leadership of a responsibility that is squarely on its hands. That is not cool at all.

I'm not. I believe President Trump has not done a good job dealing with this at all. If Joe Biden gets some balls and names Tulsi Gabbard as his VP, I'll seriously reconsider.
Hindsite wrote:I apparently misunderstood. I thought he meant forfeiture by the criminals of BLM not the Police.

Asset forfeiture is where the state confiscates private property before there's a criminal conviction. Conservatives should be vehemently opposed to that kind of state theft, it runs completely counter to the most fundamental principals of conservatism.
Related; the case of the white racist rat Karen 'Amy' Cooper in Central Park;

The New York City Commission on Human Rights has announced it is launching an investigation into the case of the white dog-walker who called the cops on a black man in Central Park.

“At a time when the devastating impacts of racism in Black communities have been made so painfully clear — from racial disparities in COVID-19 outcomes, to harassment of essential workers on the frontlines — it is appalling to see these types of ugly threats directed at one New Yorker by another,” said Sapna Raj, deputy commissioner of the Law Enforcement Bureau at the Commission on Human Rights.

“Efforts to intimidate Black people by threatening to call law enforcement draw on a long, violent and painful history, and they are unacceptable. We encourage Ms. Cooper to cooperate with the Commission and meaningfully engage in a process to address the harm that she has caused,” Raj added in a statement.

The commission said it learned of the incident from the video recorded by Christian Cooper, a black bird-watcher, who asked the white woman, Amy Cooper, to put a leash on her dog in the Central Park Ramble, in accordance with regulations.

Amy began approaching the man and snapped, “I’m going to tell them there’s an African American man threatening my life.”

The clip was shared on social media, sparking widespread outrage from viewers calling Amy a racist “Karen,” social media shorthand for white women who call the cops on black neighbors over harmless incidents.

YESSSS Get her! She was caught on camera, so no point anyone that's sane denying she's guilty! We KNOOOWWWW what could have happened differently! THANNNNNNKKKKFULLY it didn't. And if not a domestic trial then deport her to Canada!
Meanwhile in Australia; NSW 'Police' filth clear abuse with pepper spray;

There was also in Seattle (USA);

Beyond pathetic. I think it was in Chicago too? Isolated the demonstrators on an island just as curfew began by blocking both bridges and then tear-gassed them! HOW can you expect people to leave an area if you block the exits, esp. to comply with a curfew JUST as it comes into force? The logic is clear; use these tactics as weapons and then denounce the demonstrators to the press afterwards 'we were provoked' 'they refused an order by grammar phone to leave!'
redcarpet wrote:We KNOOOWWWW what could have happened differently! THANNNNNNKKKKFULLY it didn't.

What could have happened? New York City isn't 1950s Birmingham, the cops would get both sides of the story and since there wasn't any evidence of any threats or assault they'd just make a report and tell the lady to go file a restraining order. That guy was never getting arrested just based on that lady's accusation, there would have to be a witness or video or some kind of shred of something to corroborate her story for NYC cops to even consider arresting that guy.

If you're thinking he was at risk of being killed by the police then you just don't know the stats. There are between 30 - 50 million police interactions each year and only less than 100 incidents of police killing unarmed persons. In the US 10x more people are struck by lightning than the number of unarmed people that are killed by cops.

a good point here, i am sure we all agree on thi[…]

Sure, the advocates of fascism (or wholism as I p[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Saw an article about this story earlier in the mo[…]

@Godstud " blowjobs" You are like […]