Why is it that God hates America so much? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Do you know what's even more humanitarian than Christianity? It's atheism. We are good to people and we don't need a threat of eternal damnation to do so. Plain humanism, from the simple need that comes from ALL societies and religions, where we have to be good to our fellow man to co-exist peacefully, and prosper.

Religion is just trying to explain things when science can't figure out, and thus religion is waning, since science is providing most of the answers. Humans used to think gods controlled lightning, thunder, weather, plant growth, and a whole bunch of other things. They couldn't explain it, so a "supreme being" or two was the explanation. Humanity is not a naive child, anymore. Most things have an explanation.

Calling everyone stupid? You're projecting. :p

Religious people are the most arrogant people, in general. They think that faith and religion can explain everything.
In some sense sending people to God is not necessarily punishment (I sometimes see it as merely a quick means to end something bad). Making people live through hardship, on the other hand, is.

So I am not sure if the presented figures and facts can be interpreted as God's Hate of America.
Potemkin wrote:If any nation has been begging God to smite it in furious anger, it is surely the United States of America. What Pence is saying actually makes a lot of sense. Lol.

The Empire is always evil, Pot! That is my whole mission here.

Didn't you notice?
Godstud wrote:Do you know what's even more humanitarian than Christianity? It's atheism. We are good to people and we don't need a threat of eternal damnation to do so. Plain humanism, from the simple need that comes from ALL societies and religions, where we have to be good to our fellow man to co-exist peacefully, and prosper.

Religion is just trying to explain things when science can't figure out, and thus religion is waning, since science is providing most of the answers. Humans used to think gods controlled lightning, thunder, weather, plant growth, and a whole bunch of other things. They couldn't explain it, so a "supreme being" or two was the explanation. Humanity is not a naive child, anymore. Most things have an explanation.

Calling everyone stupid? You're projecting. :p

Religious people are the most arrogant people, in general. They think that faith and religion can explain everything.

You don't get it. The punishing and wrathful God is creation of the west and Jews.
You still don't understand the meaning of Christianity.
The point isn't that HA BE GOOD OR I'LL BURN YOU, that's what the masses see.
A wise man would understand what to keep and what not from religion.
As I said some of its claims are just fairytale, some aren't.
And I'm telling you I'm not even a Christian, because these claims simply don't persuade me. I mean wtf, God is supposed to love us but he made us" disfanctional"?
No that's not my point at all.
All I'm trying to say is, even if there is not a god, even if we are just a random event of nature. Jesus teachings are the most humanitarian and noone can claim the opposite, the dude literally said if someone beats you then turn the other cheek. Real Christians are harmless and helpful to humanity and I sympathise them a lot (unfortunately they are very rare).

And no atheist aren't humanitarian,real atheists are just free. I know it from myself.
I was baptised orthodox Christian, but I never got persuaded. Even later after I grew up and I started asking myself what how why and who? Religion still didn't feel enough or even a real answer to me. But to most people it is and we have to respect it.

Now from my point of worldview, we indeed have no damn idea where we came from, why were here and where we are heading to.
And religions are just attempts by humans to guess those things. But they aren't persuasive simply because they are human made.
I'm sure that there must be something like a "supreme being" or something similar, because all these things around us including us didn't just pop up instantly (I mean what was before bing bang?What or who created this tiny ball that's suddenly decided it should be exploded? Tell me science?)
But no religion seems like a real thing to me.

But I also don't believe that we are just dust and sand which is thinking, because that doesn't make sense either.

I just know that we don't know shit.
Death might be enlightening on these questions but maybe not.
And until then, we should just have fun and don't waste our time in bullshit :excited:
Godstud wrote:Do you know what's even more humanitarian than Christianity? It's atheism.

Truer words were never said. The truly compassionate ignores compassion. The Christian who does good to get a place in heaven is just a selfish bastard who is destined for hell.

@Hellas me ponas, if you admit that there is a difference between the original Christian inspiration and the dead shell the Christian Church has turned into, then you ought to admit the same for other movements. You ought to admit that the original Communists were people of the highest moral values who wanted the best even if their movement led to Stalin's Gulag just like the Christian message of compassion led to the massacres of the crusades.
Atlantis wrote:Truer words were never said. The truly compassionate ignores compassion. The Christian who does good to get a place in heaven is just a selfish bastard who is destined for hell.

@Hellas me ponas, if you admit that there is a difference between the original Christian inspiration and the dead shell the Christian Church has turned into, then you ought to admit the same for other movements. You ought to admit that the original Communists were people of the highest moral values who wanted the best even if their movement led to Stalin's Gulag just like the Christian message of compassion led to the massacres of the crusades.

Yes totally true and the reason this happens is because unfortunately no matter how much we are trying to deny it, the majority of humans are assholes. And take a good theory and use it for completely different purposes.
And its not bad really. I mean it's in human nature to be an asshole, we just ahve to accept it and not pretend like it's not true. Because then things like crusades happen and everyone goes like nooo way, WHO WOULD HAVE SEEN THAT HAPPENING?!
Religion, or lack thereof, is irrelevant. All that matters is if you are a good person, you don't harm others, and try to make the world a better place for everyone.
Hellas me ponas wrote:All I'm trying to say is, even if there is not a god, even if we are just a random event of nature. Jesus teachings are the most humanitarian and noone can claim the opposite, the dude literally said if someone beats you then turn the other cheek.

"Humanitarian" perhaps, even though I suspect that we could come up with precepts from other religions that show equally high moral attitude.

However, is that enough at the time of environmental destruction and climate change? Are the teachings of the ancestral god of the Jews who wants us to dominate nature still valid today?

The Buddhist teaching of the Bodhisattva requires the Mahayanist to seek enlightenment but reject entry into nirvana until the last sentient being has been saved. Sentient beings are all organisms capable of sensation, which according to the state of the science includes even plants. Thus, the Mahayana Buddhist has reached a point 2,000 years ago that teaches respect for all of creation.

The Jewish god has given us licence to destroy nature for our convenience. Since there can be no human life without the ecosphere, that is ultimately a course for certain self-destruction.

I'm sure that there must be something like a "supreme being" or something similar, because all these things around us including us didn't just pop up instantly (I mean what was before bing bang?What or who created this tiny ball that's suddenly decided it should be exploded? Tell me science?)

The greatest error of Christianity is the idea of a creator god outside of creation. That is logical nonsense. If god is to be almighty, then there can be nothing outside her, ie. the creator and creation are one.

And yes, creation is created out of itself spontaneously at every instant anew. That is the teaching of Quantum physics. The universe is neither mind nor matter, and not even energy, no, it is potentiality.

POTENTIALITY! Just think about it, unlimited potentiality, isn't that mind-blowing?
Godstud wrote::eh: So, murder isn't bad? WTF...

There's no evidence that there's a god, let alone one with a grudge against the USA.

In order to properly discuss under the topic some assumption (e.g. there is a God) has to be made. Otherwise it's easier just to say the OP was bullshiting.

My point is that even with those assumptions I am not convinced that the motion as suggested by the OP stands.
Godstud wrote:Religion, or lack thereof, is irrelevant. All that matters is if you are a good person, you don't harm others, and try to make the world a better place for everyone.

But no one is a good person.
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God
(Romans 3:23 NKJV)
Hindsite wrote:But no one is a good person.
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God
(Romans 3:23 NKJV)
:lol: You don't even understand what you are quoting. Being a good person does not mean being necessarily free from all sin. Nowhere does it say that perfection is required to be 'good'. No one would be good if you went by that ridiculous assumption.

Go back to Sunday school.
Godstud wrote::lol: You don't even understand what you are quoting. Being a good person does not mean being necessarily free from all sin. Nowhere does it say that perfection is required to be 'good'. No one would be good if you went by that ridiculous assumption.

Go back to Sunday school.

...there is none good but one, that is, God...
(Matthew 19:17; Mark 10:18; Luke 18:19)
:roll:

Semantics, and complete foolishness, on your part.

I guess you must be evil then. That explains a lot.

I am not religious, so I can, quite correctly, describe myself as good. :D
Godstud wrote::roll:

Semantics, and complete foolishness, on your part.

I guess you must be evil then. That explains a lot.

I am not religious, so I can, quite correctly, describe myself as good. :D

You can describe yourself anyway you wish, but that does not make it true. Perhaps you mean you are good at atheism.
HalleluYah
Truth is subjective. Facts are not. :p

I am a good person. Your words and deeds determine whether you are good, or not. The only thing I've hurt, is the feelings of nasty racists and fascists.
Godstud wrote:Truth is subjective. Facts are not. :p

I am a good person. Your words and deeds determine whether you are good, or not. The only thing I've hurt, is the feelings of nasty racists and fascists.

The main fact is that you have already failed your own test many times.
You have also failed the test of the Ten Commandments.
I admit I am not good, but I am a forgiven Christian.
Praise the Lord.
Hindsite wrote:The main fact is that you have already failed your own test many times.
I admit I am not good, but I am a forgiven Christian.
Praise the Lord.

I think whether one is forgiven is up to God so I do not agree that (religious) human beings have the power to decide.

Praise the Lord.
Patrickov wrote:I think whether one is forgiven is up to God so I do not agree that (religious) human beings have the power to decide.

Praise the Lord.

I also believe it is up to God to forgive us sinners. However, as a Christian, I also believe I must have faith in God to forgive me and that God has forgiven me.
HalleluYah
Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

We were once wild before wheat and other grains do[…]

Now the argument seems to be changing and words by[…]

You're funny. https://www.amazon.co[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The Israeli government could have simply told UNRW[…]