African-American Asphyxiated by Police in Minneapolis - Page 146 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#15103935
Godstud wrote:No. The police are not there to administer justice or punishment. That is not their job. Their job is to enforce laws.

True. However, since the Democrat elected judges are NOT doing their jobs, then I don't object to some of the police being ruff to unruly criminals when attempting arrests.

Godstud wrote:Erring on the side of the police is what has put the police officers into this current situation. It's a severe problem because of this attitude, and it's biting police in the ass.

I think it is the BLM terrorist group and the Democrat mayors that are not backing the police that has caused this current situation for our wonderful police.
#15103936
Again, to repeat myself: Exceeding the authority given to police is why we have these protests in the first place.

They are not to "ruff people up". That is called police brutality! :knife:

If I go rough you up, it's called assault. If police do the same and exceed their mandate, they are little better than the criminals they are arresting... maybe worse.

BLM isn't a terrorist group, :moron: .

The police are far from wonderful, which is why there are so many protests.
#15103947
That's not what you're saying when you say AniFa and BLM are terrorist organizations. These are two organizations fighting against fascism and racism. You attacking them demonstrates that you are on the side of fascism and racism. How can you not see that?

Police are racist and abusive. This is what the protests are about.
#15103957
Godstud wrote:That's not what you're saying when you say AniFa and BLM are terrorist organizations. These are two organizations fighting against fascism and racism. You attacking them demonstrates that you are on the side of fascism and racism. How can you not see that?

Police are racist and abusive. This is what the protests are about.

How can you not see that BLM and Antifa are racist and use fascist tactics themselves while pretending to be against racism and fascism?
#15103958
Because I have not been brainwashed into thinking that the very small number of extremists are representative of the whole. You have, and can't see the obvious.

Edit- minor error amended for people who can't figure out what I actually meant. <cough> @Hindsite
Last edited by Godstud on 30 Jun 2020 13:38, edited 1 time in total.
#15103966
Godstud wrote:Because I have not been brainwashed into thinking that the very small number of extremists are not representative of the whole. You have, and can't see the obvious.

Have you thought of the fact that a small number of police extremist are not representative of the whole? Or have you been brainwashed?
#15104039
Pants-of-dog wrote:@wat0n

If you were holding police unions to the same standard, you would condemn the MPD police union and others. You have not.


Well, what I've posted there is something I've been pointing out ITT and others too. I hadn't thought about nurse unions though. I also don't think I said nurse or other public sector unions are racist, ageist or discriminatory towards any protected category either, so I don't see why is it that I'm holding both to a double standard.

Their attitude is of course nefarious for society, but does moral grandstanding in this matter (and many others) solve anything? Abolishing public sector unions isn't a good idea (in the same way abolishing the police, or abolishing nursing, isn't either), just like some of their behaviors can be damaging for society, they do play a positive role in other instances. But as usual, giving them too much power will simply make them do what everyone else does if in the same position: Advance their own interests at the expense of everyone else's if necessary.

Private sector unions do the same, and so do their employers, if they are in a position that allows them to. The only difference is that public sector unions do so at the taxpayer's expense, and that it may be damaging to services that are particularly sensitive for the population which can often be government-run natural monopolies (or services where leaving them to the private sector can be problematic, e.g. administering justice and law enforcement), as such, it particularly rubs me and many people in the wrong way when this happens. But police unions are simply one example among others, whose behavior takes the form it takes as a result of the nature of their activity (i.e. using force to enforce the law).

Pants-of-dog wrote:Have they released the bodycam footage yet?


No as far as I'm aware.
#15104041
@wat0n

Let me know when you start demanding to know why the MpD police union did not investigate and discipline Mr, Floyd’s killer before he murdered Mr. Floyd.

——————————-

If the bodycam footage is not being released or otherwise used to hold police accountable, then bodycam footage is not a significant reform.
#15104043
Pants-of-dog wrote:@wat0n

Let me know when you start demanding to know why the MpD police union did not investigate and discipline Mr, Floyd’s killer before he murdered Mr. Floyd.


That was definitely their fault. But we already know why they did so - it's for the same reason that Elizabeth Wettlaufer's known misconduct was hidden at the time.

Pants-of-dog wrote:If the bodycam footage is not being released or otherwise used to hold police accountable, then bodycam footage is not a significant reform.


Not necessarily. It will be useful for the trial.
#15104047
Pants-of-dog wrote:@wat0n

Again, your refusal to condemn the MPD union is noted.


Sure, I condemn that attitude. Do you condemn the cover-up by the Ontario Nurses 'Association which enabled some of Wettlaufer's murders? Are you done moral grandstanding on the internet?

Pants-of-dog wrote:And your argument about bodycams is also shown to be insignificant when it comes to reining in murderous cops.


Why? Jason van Dyke was convicted due to the bodycams footage: It served to establish his predisposition to use lethal force in that incident and show he had not been attacked either.
#15104055
Why the ridiculous insistence on referring to nurse unions. They are irrelevant. Not associated at all. This thread is not about nursing errors or the correct care and feeding of koi fish in fresh water.

The police union is relevant to this discussion. Why can't you address that without using pretty transparent diversionary tactics. Yet again we have someone on the far right attempting to hide behind the fact that Rome salted Carthage and Spaniards subjugated Native Americans.
#15104058
Drlee wrote:Why the ridiculous insistence on referring to nurse unions. They are irrelevant. Not associated at all. This thread is not about nursing errors or the correct care and feeding of koi fish in fresh water.

The police union is relevant to this discussion. Why can't you address that without using pretty transparent diversionary tactics. Yet again we have someone on the far right attempting to hide behind the fact that Rome salted Carthage and Spaniards subjugated Native Americans.


They are relevant because just like police unions can effectively hide all sorts of misconduct by their members, so do nurse and medical care unions. But why is it that I'm not surprised to see a doctor trying to defending the right of their own to hide deadly malpractice? [rule 2 deletion - Prosthetic Conscience]
#15104062
@Drlee is a retired doctor who doesn't have to be volunteering his time in a deadly pandemic. He does it out of a sense of duty and a loyalty to the core of his profession.

If you compare him to Mengele? That piece of cold and murdering trash of the medical profession it is you who are in the wrong @wat0n.

People who can't even recognize a real doctor and a fake one are pretty bad at analysis.
  • 1
  • 144
  • 145
  • 146
  • 147
  • 148
  • 165

From that perspective, get a 0% unemployment rate[…]

Completely untrue. Liberals lead by the WHO, whi[…]

I've been pretty open about wanting millions of p[…]

Harvard also thinks people should wear paper masks[…]