Election 2020 - Page 142 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Drlee
@Julian658 The Impact of Chronic Co-Sleeping With an Older Child
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... lder-child

CHRONIC CO-SLEEPING WITH OLDER CHILDREN
https://manhattanpsychologygroup.com/ch ... dependence.

Co-Sleeping With Older Children Creates A Developmental Delay
https://www.moms.com/safety-research-on ... -children/

Your post is nothing but cruel bullshit. And broken links. You really have a mean disposition. But most importantly, you believe that by googling stuff you sound smart. Doesn't work that way. How about sticking with stuff you know about.

You do not understand GAD though I am sure you will google it and give us the benefit of your lights. You are a racist though you erroneously claim to be "Latino". (I have no doubt that my Spanish is far better than yours because, you know, I speak it fairly well.) So little man. Co-sleeping is not usually a problem and in other cultures not a problem at all.

It would be against the rules for me to tell another poster to go fuck his racist self so I will refrain though the thought hangs in the air like a passing scent.
By Julian658
Drlee wrote:Your post is nothing but cruel bullshit. And broken links. You really have a mean disposition. But most importantly, you believe that by googling stuff you sound smart. Doesn't work that way. How about sticking with stuff you know about.

You do not understand GAD though I am sure you will google it and give us the benefit of your lights. You are a racist though you erroneously claim to be "Latino". (I have no doubt that my Spanish is far better than yours because, you know, I speak it fairly well.) So little man. Co-sleeping is not usually a problem and in other cultures not a problem at all.

It would be against the rules for me to tell another poster to go fuck his racist self so I will refrain though the thought hangs in the air like a passing scent.

Last edited by Julian658 on 30 Jun 2020 17:34, edited 1 time in total.
By Drlee
It is far from well known and it is certainly cultural. And you don't know how old this child is. Further it is none of your business. But culturally the practice is quite common outside of America.

You do not understand the element of concern in the US. You are not a psychiatrist. You do not understand that it is not the sleeping that is causing the issues but a basket of causes called GAD.

What you are is a busybody who is far more impressed by his own perceived intelligence than are the rest of us.

There are far too many people like you in this world.
By Julian658
Drlee wrote:It is far from well known and it is certainly cultural. And you don't know how old this child is. Further it is none of your business. But culturally the practice is quite common outside of America.

You do not understand the element of concern in the US. You are not a psychiatrist. You do not understand that it is not the sleeping that is causing the issues but a basket of causes called GAD.

What you are is a busybody who is far more impressed by his own perceived intelligence than are the rest of us.

There are far too many people like you in this world.

Doc, you are correct, I agree with you.
Last edited by Julian658 on 30 Jun 2020 17:34, edited 2 times in total.
By Julian658
XogGyux wrote:@Drlee It is quite clear that the guy is a troll that just wants to push other people's buttons :lol: .

I have posted in here for years and i am always happy to engage any discussion. You are a poster child for the one line insults.
Calling me a troll is just another insult. I assume you are out of arguments to defend your worldview.
By XogGyux
Julian658 wrote:I have posted in here for years and i am always happy to engage any discussion. You are a poster child for the one line insults.
Calling me a troll is just another insult. I assume you are out of arguments to defend your worldview.

The fact that you have been here for a year doesn't make you "not a troll" if anything it makes you a vintage troll :lol: .
Take it as an insult if you wish.
Are you a child psychologist/psychiatrist? WTF are you doing offering any sort of advice on this topic to anyone else based on google searches of shit that you don't even understand?
So not your field, not on topic (how does it relate to elections 2020?). The sort of shit that is just designed to elicit an emotional response from other people.
You are a troll, a transparent troll.
Enough lines for you?
By Julian658
XogGyux wrote:The fact that you have been here for a year doesn't make you "not a troll" if anything it makes you a vintage troll :lol: .
Take it as an insult if you wish.
Are you a child psychologist/psychiatrist? WTF are you doing offering any sort of advice on this topic to anyone else based on google searches of shit that you don't even understand?
So not your field, not on topic (how does it relate to elections 2020?). The sort of shit that is just designed to elicit an emotional response from other people.
You are a troll, a transparent troll.
Enough lines for you?

OK, I admit that at some level it was payback for all the insulting remarks the poster sends my way on a regular basis.
By blackjack21
Tainari88 wrote:Hey Relampaguito I finally answered your quote bomb and you don't have an answer? Are you working again?

Yes. I'll have to go back and review.

Tainari88 wrote:The song of the broke people...No tengo dinero...ni nada que dar.

He. That was me in from 2009-2012. I launched a startup in 2007, and when I was ready to take it out for an A round, the capital markets had completely shut down. Pretty much everything I have right now is money I made in since about 2012. Before that time, I was a bit more modestly prosperous. Poverty sucks. I didn't enjoy it a bit.

Tainari88 wrote:Fear is taught Blackjack21. Children find almost everything new and interesting.

Oh come on. Fear comes from the limbic system first, not the frontal cortex. The first time you heard thunder, were you serenely pondering the cause of the loud boom? I wonder if you are trolling me now.

Tainari88 wrote:And she skipped on outside to play Blackjack. Without fear.

That's a lovely story. Why do you think her mother said this to her daughter? Fear? Someone else taught it to her? Can we make like the CDC and do a root cause analysis and find the first racist? When I was a little kid, my best friends were black. We had integrated busing and I was one of the fastest runners in class. While my best friends were black, I also got my first death/murder threat from a black kid when I was in kindergarten. I knew if someone said, "I'm going to kill you" to be afraid. I didn't need an explanation from anyone.

Taianri88 wrote:Racism is found in many places BJ. In stereotypes about what families are like, or what is being Latin American is supposed to look like, or who are the African Americans in the USA and what kind of lives they lead. Many things.

You seem to think that I am not aware of this. My brother in law manages a chain of body shops. He noticed that one of his "Hispanic" workers was eating alone. My brother in law asked them why he doesn't go to lunch with the others. He told my brother in law that they were Mexican and he was from El Salvador, and the Mexicans don't like El Salvadorans. My brother in law then asked the Mexicans if that was true, and they more or less confirmed it. I laugh at LBGTQ, because I lived in San Francisco for many years. Gays and Lesbians generally do not get along well. The idea that there is some sort of solidarity is largely manufactured. So it doesn't surprise me at all that "Hispanic" is as much of an illusion as "white" is an illusion.

Tainari88 wrote:What does it mean for the USA to be fearing large percentages of its own people? Its own citizens? Nothing good.

It's no different in the Balkans, the Levant, Syria, India, etc.

Tainari88 wrote:One doesn't marry an ethnic group Blackjack.

I beg to differ. You can argue that you marry one person, but you marry their family and friends too for all practical purposes, and that generally means their culture. If karaoke is not your thing, you probably don't want to date Filipinos for example. I dated a few Russian girls a Russian friend of mine introduced me to, and I ended up at a lot of Russian parties as the only anglophone there with my all but 200 word Russian vocabulary.

Tainari88 wrote:There are hundreds of thousands of Puerto Rican men. I did not marry them. I married one. The individual.

Well... that's not exactly stepping outside the box now is it?

Tainari88 wrote:I studied in Spain the history of the Celtiberos. That is a fusion between the native Iberians and the Irish or Celtic group.

I'm not sure what to make of that. Gaul after all is gallic people. My uncle is from Northern Ireland and insists that the English are so radically different from the Irish (because they're evil, doncha know?) that he talks about them as if they were from another planet. The Brythonic people were Celtic. When I was down in Nicaragua, I had an ethnic Spanish tour guide that could have been the spitting image of one of my Irish cousins--very fair white skin, sapphire blue eyes and jet black hair. I asked if he had any Irish relatives and he indicated that he didn't. We have a lot of basques and Portuguese in central California.

Tainari88 wrote:Because capitalism makes it imperative to expand and to monopolize and to dominate markets not only at home but abroad.

The fractional reserve banking system makes it imperative to grow, because it lends money into circulation--a debt which conceptually cannot be repaid. So money supply must continue to expand to service debts. Rent seeking is a part of capitalism that predates fractional ownership, capital formation, industrialism, etc.

Tainari88 wrote:Is the USA willing to allow other nations to dominate and prosper or is the need to control all wealth and all distribution of wealth against the ability to let others be and not interfere in societies

Why would international capitalists be anymore tolerant than international communists?

Tainari88 wrote:The capitalist system doesn't believe in separate but equal.

Capitalism isn't a political matter as much as an economic one.

Remind me... I will have to get back to the rest of this.
By Doug64
Where the Democratic Party is these days:

By Pants-of-dog
Whoever drew that is hilariously stupid. Not only are Democrats not burning books, but Trump is a much bigger threat to free speech.

Republicans are the ones trying to censor any social media that does not agree with the turmeric tyrant, and Trump bans judges from speaking about immigration, firing his critics and whistleblowers, and kicking reporters out of the press room.

But if free speech is important, then vote for Jill Stein and the Green party, since they have never restricted free speech.
By jimjam
trump derangement syndrome :eek:

By Sivad
The neocon deep state endorses Biden:

Hundreds of George W. Bush administration officials to back Biden

Hundreds of officials who worked for former Republican President George W. Bush are set to endorse Democratic White House hopeful Joe Biden, people involved in the effort said, the latest Republican-led group coming out to oppose the re-election of Donald Trump.

The officials, who include Cabinet secretaries and other senior people in the Bush administration, have formed a political action committee - 43 Alumni for Biden - to support the former vice president in his Nov. 3 race, three organizers of the group told Reuters. Bush was the country's 43rd president.

The Super PAC will launch on Wednesday with a website and Facebook page, they said. It plans to release "testimonial videos" praising Biden from high-profile Republicans and will hold get-out-the-vote efforts in the most competitive states.

https://news.trust.org/item/20200701081455-fu26q
By JohnRawls
Sivad wrote:The neocon deep state endorses Biden:

Keep calling everyone you don't like incompetent and deep state and try to fire them all the time so even more people will endorse Biden. Way to go smart ass.
By Drlee
The neocon deep state endorses Biden:

What a load of shite from our king of buzz words and conspiracy theories. You forgot to mention unicorns, alien invaders and com'nists.

Trump has only his murderous incompetence to blame for what will be north of a quarter million deaths if he is lucky. Then there is selling out to the Russians, tanking the economy, denying any responsibility for anything, lying when the truth would do just fine and talking like a racist 6 year old.

Gee. What a surprise. There are some people in the republican party who honor their country. No evidence of that in congress but these folks are stepping up. Trump's campaign is in the tank at the moment. The country is in the midst of a disaster of Biblical proportions and what is Trump doing? Tweeting his ass off about not renaming bases that were named for traitors. Brilliant. 25th amendment time. Oh wait. That would mean the Trumps gay pal Pence gets the job. Never mind.
By Tainari88
blackjack21 wrote:Yes. I'll have to go back and review.

I am assuming this is the 'review' no? Dejamelo saber.

He. That was me in from 2009-2012. I launched a startup in 2007, and when I was ready to take it out for an A round, the capital markets had completely shut down. Pretty much everything I have right now is money I made in since about 2012. Before that time, I was a bit more modestly prosperous. Poverty sucks. I didn't enjoy it a bit.

When that happens the saying in Spanish is no era para ti or it was not meant for you. I have realized now that some jobs or works and or businesses are destined for people at certain times of their lives. I have worked all kinds of jobs when I was a student and even after graduating and getting an advanced degree. I had all kinds of supervisors and bosses and done all kinds of types of work. Now I just want to write and use my 'vivid imagination' Relampaguito. I want to write novels. And make it complex and interest. The first writings I did were extremely well received by my professors and others. So? I will do that. I will go for enjoyment of it. My father used to write in Spanish and in English (but he preferred Spanish) and he loved Japenese too. He loved to paint and write and do many things. I don't think there was a more entertaining and sunny personality in all the world. My little boy has his grandfather's chin and smile and that warmth. I digress. No, Blackjack21 someone who loves you? Should not give a damn about money. At all. I have been married since May of 1984. That is how many years? Thirty-six years. There have been times where my husband could not work and I worked and we both worked, and we always supported each other always. My older son tried to play one parent against the other to get his way as all children do. That was a total failure. Lol. We backed each other up always. I think he is a fine man. You should find some woman who loves you BJ only. Who you are inside and accepts your jodon ways and nerdiness and direct don't do the 'sunshine' stuff. And who appreciates all of you and will love you whether you are rich or poor, sick or healthy, old or young, handsome or froggy looking, who loves your English Irish roots, your chestnut hair and blue eyes, wrinkles and all. And finds you absolutely the greatest thing since sliced bread. Lol. Life is too short for some boring shit BJ with the second and third-string match stuff you pulled there on the marriage stability stuff. To my ole Boricua woman self? That was something I will never get Senor. All that is way too cold for me and calculating. Analysis of all that shit...no mi hombre Senor Relampaguito, I say you talk and love and get to a deep connection and trust and respect. That is the core of it all. Never get involved if you don't feel like you are in love 100%. I don't go for lukewarm stuff BJ. You got an entire lifetime of issues and challenges in this life. Best to pick someone who knows your soul and they can't live without you in their lives. Life is also a change and failure. If she doesn't love you deeply and MORE when you lose all your money and you are ill and vulnerable and human and feel like the world is crashing around you? If she is not there with you then? She never loved you really Blackjack. Basta with my advice there eh?

Oh come on. Fear comes from the limbic system first, not the frontal cortex. The first time you heard thunder, were you serenely pondering the cause of the loud boom? I wonder if you are trolling me now.

Fear is a primary emotion. But I am talking about an innocent child being taught to distrust people based on nonsense BJ. Do you think I don't have disputes with people from other ethnic groups? Or my own? Of course I do. But it is based on real life philosophy differences and value system differences. Significant issues. For me a skin color or a 'race' difference is not why I might not like that particular person. I am not going to vote for Obama because he is black. That is a bullshit reason to vote for someone. Or because she is a woman. No. I vote for them because I agree with their politics and their policies. Their political agenda. Period. Superficial shit never did it for me. Fear of ethnic differences is problematic BJ. Espeically when it is about power fights or fights for power. Humans share a lot of the same defects when fighting for power. Regardless of background and so on.

That's a lovely story. Why do you think her mother said this to her daughter? Fear? Someone else taught it to her? Can we make like the CDC and do a root cause analysis and find the first racist? When I was a little kid, my best friends were black. We had integrated busing and I was one of the fastest runners in class. While my best friends were black, I also got my first death/murder threat from a black kid when I was in kindergarten. I knew if someone said, "I'm going to kill you" to be afraid. I didn't need an explanation from anyone.

I don't know who taught you what BJ. You are a grown man probably born in 1968. I have no idea of your parents' political beliefs or influences? But, you are an adult choosing your ideology and so on yourself. You base your choices from that premise. For me? I was raised in a Caribbean island my first five years of life. In my grandmother's gardens and speaking Spanish and the people I was exposed to were of all skin colors and races and all of them Puerto Ricans. I think back on my experiences? Probably the teacher who influenced me the most was my homeroom Science teacher in San Diego Blackjack21. She was a black woman who had grown up in Detroit and moved to California to get away from the cold. I loved her so much. To this day I think of her and I have this feeling of complete joy and love when I think of her. I was with her for four years straight in a small school and spent countless hours in her science room. She could feel how much I loved her. I was what? 11 years old when I met her and kept in touch with her for years. We discussed everything together and she let me do all kinds of creative crazy schemes in her room. Lol. It was not just her. It was a lot of African Americans. So when I see their faces all I feel is great solidarity. Of course, it depends on the person as well. Just like any race BJ. You don't like some white people at all either. Lol. It is not really about that. My point being? You should always just try to embrace people as they are. Accept them for who they are as individuals and as human beings. Not all human beings you will be compatible with. That is life. But create artificial fears based on nothing really but notions of shit. Because unless you study a group's history and culture and live in their shoes and identify with their struggles? It is hard to really judge them. That is my opinion BJ.

You seem to think that I am not aware of this. My brother in law manages a chain of body shops. He noticed that one of his "Hispanic" workers was eating alone. My brother in law asked them why he doesn't go to lunch with the others. He told my brother in law that they were Mexican and he was from El Salvador, and the Mexicans don't like El Salvadorans. My brother in law then asked the Mexicans if that was true, and they more or less confirmed it. I laugh at LBGTQ, because I lived in San Francisco for many years. Gays and Lesbians generally do not get along well. The idea that there is some sort of solidarity is largely manufactured. So it doesn't surprise me at all that "Hispanic" is as much of an illusion as "white" is an illusion.

Have you read Borges? Jorge Luis Borges? The great Argentinean writer? He is a favorite of Potemkin's and of my husband too. One of the greatest writers who ever lived. He was accused of not liking Black people once. But the truth of the matter was that Borges' did not like the the human species. He said, "Basta que sea un ser humano para que no me guste." Which meant, "It is enough that they are a human being for me not to like them." My point is that all of it is pretty much a role one plays in the this world Blackjack21. The role of white or black or Hispanic, etc is just to a certain extent a role. But it has to do with identity. When an actor assumes a role and wants to portray it with some power they are faithful to that character's deepest identity. Their deepest influences and cultural markers. Something that helps to define their individuality within a context that is historical and ethnic and many other things. In the end it is a role BJ. And human. Respect that everyone will suffer in this life. Everyone has to struggle and everyone will go through pain and hardship of some sort. Respect their struggles. Don't add to the burdens of life by fearing them without knowing them and assuming and presuming. Just ask. And use respectful and empathic ways of relating to all people. It is surprisingly effective.

It's no different in the Balkans, the Levant, Syria, India, etc.

Humanity's eternal struggles with trying to gain power in a world rife with small-minded and power-hungry, miserly souls who think by being miserly they gain something better for themselves. I have my issues with human behavior as well BJ.

I beg to differ. You can argue that you marry one person, but you marry their family and friends too for all practical purposes, and that generally means their culture. If karaoke is not your thing, you probably don't want to date Filipinos for example. I dated a few Russian girls a Russian friend of mine introduced me to, and I ended up at a lot of Russian parties as the only anglophone there with my all but 200 word Russian vocabulary.

If I was super enamorada with a Russian man? I would learn Russian and all the rest. I know that about myself. There are a lot of wonderful people in the world of many ethnic groups. I am not into English only so I am afraid I would say to you? If you loved that Russian woman then learn the language and the culture and acculturate my dear man. I had to learn your English eh? Lol. You want everything easy eh? Mothers-in-law are not easy. That is almost universal. Though my husband was adored by my mother. I have good taste though. Hee hee. My mother was in love with a Greek who was going to marry her. But his parents died in a car crash in Athens and he had to move to Greece and they broke up, and my father stepped in and married her on the rebound of her broken heart. Lol. El amor. Unpredictable. I had a few suitors after me. Lol. I think my husband scared a couple of them off (I found out about it after the fact), but? El destino es el destino no? Destiny is destiny. You probably did not feel 100% in love with the Russian women BJ. That is my 'wild guess'.

Well... that's not exactly stepping outside the box now is it?

Now now BJ. I was 18 years old and living in San Juan, Puerto Rico, how many dudes of other ethnicities would I be dating then eh? Wall to wall Latin men. And they are charming as hell most of them anyway. There is beauty in all groups. Potemkin is gorgeous through and through. Scottish dude should be married. Lol. I blame bad taste in men Scottish women. Or he could be like you? Avoiding commitments eh? One big wink for el Bellisimo @Potemkin . How many Puerto Rican women the Scottish dude there had the opportunity to meet in Edinburgh eh? People are limited to severely constrained choices in their neighborhoods and immediate areas. Asi es. ;)

I'm not sure what to make of that. Gaul after all is gallic people. My uncle is from Northern Ireland and insists that the English are so radically different from the Irish (because they're evil, doncha know?) that he talks about them as if they were from another planet. The Brythonic people were Celtic. When I was down in Nicaragua, I had an ethnic Spanish tour guide that could have been the spitting image of one of my Irish cousins--very fair white skin, sapphire blue eyes and jet black hair. I asked if he had any Irish relatives and he indicated that he didn't. We have a lot of basques and Portuguese in central California.

There is a lot of diversity in Latin America. It doesn't surprise me. Vicente Guerrero was a Black Mexican that helped liberate Mexico from Spain. A great Mexican patriot. Many people don't really know the entire histories of the Latin American countries in depth. A pity. It is a very rich and interesting one. A human story and sometimes full of triumph and full of tragedy. Ireland is like that too. I do love Iris history BJ and studied it.

The fractional reserve banking system makes it imperative to grow, because it lends money into circulation--a debt which conceptually cannot be repaid. So money supply must continue to expand to service debts. Rent seeking is a part of capitalism that predates fractional ownership, capital formation, industrialism, etc.

Yes it is part of expansion and an integral part of why it has to interfere to dominate hombre. I know.

Why would international capitalists be anymore tolerant than international communists?

They are not. Both want to and seek power for their side. It is the nature of power seeking. The key is if one who is in play as the main player will reach a limit and have to cede and give way to another structure. It is the ways of human development blackjack21. I would elaborate a lot more on this but this question is full of possibilities and probably deserves its own long thread to fully explain. Your quote bombs need a lot of depth to get to the meat of many of the layers of argument one can use. And I got to cope with practicality like dinner. Lol.

Capitalism isn't a political matter as much as an economic one.

Tell me when economic matters never had a political arm Blackjack21 in human history? When have economic interests not played a part in some aspect of human society that was not about some sort of organized value system? When some neanderthal thought that the next door dude had more deer meat than he had and his furs were warmer and his hearth was better stocked and started to spin his wheels? In his head? What is that guy doing that I might find a way of imitating...what do I have he may want? Get that fur on my side of the cave? Property is an interesting thing to delve into. How people play with the concepts of value and worth and possession and how now power relationships are about these property concepts eh? You think those sellouts in the two-party shills for themselves in DC are not into economics and don't make it a political matter? Hmmm. Let me ponder this as I finish dinner hombre?. No tengo dinero y nada que dar...

Remind me... I will have to get back to the rest of this.

You will. 8)
By jimjam
It's looking like trump is flaming out …………. we all know the guy is a mental case but it's looking more and more as if his brain is fried. I would LOVE to know what drugs he's taking. Dr. Morell sprinkled Pervitin (crystal meth) on Der Fuhrer's Wheaties every morning ………….. maybe Donald is on a regimen of extracts made from the seminal vesicles, and prostates of young bull and pig livers. :eek: After almost 4 years of living with this fruit cake nothing would surprise me.
By Doug64

It looks like the MSM(D) is going to have its work cut out for it, downplaying or ignoring the new job numbers as the economy continues to come roaring back (4.8 million nonfarm payroll employment, unemployment down to 11%)—simply reporting it might help Trump’s reelection chances, and we can’t have that!

What confuses me much more is the question what t[…]

It's not just Mapuche, there are other indigenous[…]

I said most. A psych prof once said that a colleg[…]

Then prove it.