Why is it that God hates America so much? - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15103976
From a philosophical and theological point of view, I'm with @Hindsite on this one. To describe oneself as a "good" person is to beg a host of questions. 'Good' by what metric? A 'good' person from a Buddhist perspective is an 'evil' person from a Christian or Islamic perspective, since they are a heretic who denies that Jesus was the son of God and denies that Mohammed was the prophet of Allah. And, as @Hindsite has pointed out, Jesus himself denied that anyone but God can be described as "good", not even the most devout Christian.
#15103978
Potemkin wrote:From a philosophical and theological point of view, I'm with @Hindsite on this one. To describe oneself as a "good" person is to beg a host of questions. 'Good' by what metric? A 'good' person from a Buddhist perspective is an 'evil' person from a Christian or Islamic perspective, since they are a heretic who denies that Jesus was the son of God and denies that Mohammed was the prophet of Allah. And, as @Hindsite has pointed out, Jesus himself denied that anyone but God can be described as "good", not even the most devout Christian.

Wrong , jesus never said something about heretics or that anyone who doesn't believe him is a good person.
Jesus gave some "guides" to follow and said that those who follow them are "good".
Thus a Buddhist monk many times happens to be a better Christian than a Catholic cleric
#15103988
Hellas me ponas wrote:Wrong , jesus never said something about heretics or that anyone who doesn't believe him is a good person.
Jesus gave some "guides" to follow and said that those who follow them are "good".
Thus a Buddhist monk many times happens to be a better Christian than a Catholic cleric

Lol. No. A Buddhist is not a Christian, since he or she does not believe that Jesus was the Son of God nor that he was resurrected from the dead. They therefore, logically speaking, cannot be a "better Christian" than anyone, since they are not Christian at all in any meaningful sense. And if you are asserting that anyone whom you personally describe as "good" is, by definition, automatically a Christian, then that is a leap of logic too far for me. Lol.
#15104019
The OP wrote:“I leave here today confident that God is at work. Even though it may not seem that way God is working,” Pence said. “Even when things don’t seem like they’re going the way we expected, they’re going the way God expected.”

Pence basically says that whatever is going on, it's God's will, while trying to convince and comfort himself too that him serving the anti-Christ is God's will as well.

Image
#15104036
What an idiot Pence is, its shocking that any person who considers him / herself progressive would support impeachment of Donald Trump and put that bigoted religious lunatic into the White House.
#15104037
Rich wrote:What an idiot Pence is, its shocking that any person who considers him / herself progressive would support impeachment of Donald Trump and put that bigoted religious lunatic into the White House.


Of course for such a case it has to be both of them, while for many anti-Trumpers they see most if not all of the Republican are rotten to the core that a mass removal is necessary.
#15104056
Rich wrote:What an idiot Pence is, its shocking that any person who considers him / herself progressive would support impeachment of Donald Trump and put that bigoted religious lunatic into the White House.

Trump's actually preferable to all his Republican alternatives, except Romney perhaps. :lol:
#15104803
Potemkin wrote:Image

I'm pretty sure it's fags. Lol.

Lets remember that Homosexuality was illegal in the Soviet Union throughout its existence and was punished throughout the Soviet Union throughout its existence.
#15104806
Rich wrote:Lets remember that Homosexuality was illegal in the Soviet Union throughout its existence and was punished throughout the Soviet Union throughout its existence.

Good to know that the Westboro Baptist Church is keeping the flag flying for Communism. :D
#15105070
So I googled this, and found God's facebook and LinkedIn accounts.

Sent him a quick message with the exact OP question.

His reply:

God's Facebook page wrote:This obsession with me loving or hating one nation or another is really boring and spoiled brattish. You must instinctively know that what you're doing is wrong, and you're projecting that onto the feelings that some deity might have.

Another problem I have with this is: if I answer any of your questions, what will you do with this information exactly? Use it to make new weapons or insecticides?


So it looks like He doesn't really like particular nations more than others. I think we get this idea from Genesis and that nasty genocide of Canaanites that, in our book, makes it look like God ignored the whole thing - preferring to do crossword puzzles and laundry while the Israelis whacked everyone.
#15105092
Hellas me ponas wrote:And if there is indeed God, I don't think he/she/it whatever you want, gives a fuck about America and your problems there :excited:

In fact, assuming there is a God, most nations (and most individuals) should be trying very hard not to attract His (or Her or Its) attention. Any God with a sense of justice would rain fire and brimstone down upon them in furious anger. But no, these fuckers actually expect God to reward them for their fuckery. Lol.
#15105135
QatzelOk wrote:So it looks like He doesn't really like particular nations more than others.


No matter which conception of god you use (irrespective of whether you or I subscribe to it), in history, god has always been seen as an entity rewarding our own people (IF we worship adequately) and punishing our enemies.

Bad fortune being visited upon us or others is always seen as god's punishment.

It doesn't matter whether this agrees with your or mine idea of god, or the absence thereof, this is just historical fact, and as such it is correctly used in the OP.

Thus, since Pence obviously believes that the pandemic is god's will, he/the GOP ought to practice introspection to find out why god punishes them more than others.
#15105136
Atlantis wrote:No matter which conception of god you use (irrespective of whether you or I subscribe to it), in history, god has always been seen as an entity rewarding our own people (IF we worship adequately) and punishing our enemies.

Bad fortune being visited upon us or others is always seen as god's punishment.

It doesn't matter whether this agrees with your or mine idea of god, or the absence thereof, this is just historical fact, and as such it is correctly used in the OP.

Thus, since Pence obviously believes that the pandemic is god's will, he/the GOP ought to practice introspection to find out why god punishes them more than others.


When we follow God's will, good things can happen and life is both more prosperous and just for all than otherwise. When we don't follow God's will, sometimes bad things happen and we are tested and refined as persons if we accept this process, and become worse if we do not. Then even worse things happen, again pretty much as a natural consequence of our collective personal behaviors.

Defrauding the worker of his wages in order to enrich the wealthy even further, excites God's righteous anger a great deal throughout history.
#15105227
annatar1914 wrote:Defrauding the worker of his wages in order to enrich the wealthy even further, excites God's righteous anger


you seem to share values from both the "right" and the "left" fairly equally. :)
#15105235
QatzelOk wrote:So it looks like He doesn't really like particular nations more than others. I think we get this idea from Genesis and that nasty genocide of Canaanites that, in our book, makes it look like God ignored the whole thing - preferring to do crossword puzzles and laundry while the Israelis whacked everyone.


On a side note, archaeological research seems to suggest that there's no such thing as "Israeli whacking everyone". Rather they were just Caananites who came to worship YHWH.
#15105243
jimjam wrote:you seem to share values from both the "right" and the "left" fairly equally. :)


Honestly I just try to find the truth of the matter whatever it may be, even if I just have to take some things on faith, I trust my intuition much more than I used to;

''The heart has reasons of which the mind knows nothing'', as Blaise Pascal said.
#15105292
annatar1914 wrote:When we follow God's will, good things can happen and life is both more prosperous and just for all than otherwise. When we don't follow God's will, sometimes bad things happen and we are tested and refined as persons if we accept this process, and become worse if we do not. Then even worse things happen, again pretty much as a natural consequence of our collective personal behaviors.


My hunch is that this is not what Pence is trying to achieve. Pence is trying to blame god for the failure of his own management.

Defrauding the worker of his wages in order to enrich the wealthy even further, excites God's righteous anger a great deal throughout history.


So, that could be one answer to the OP. My hunch is that there is more to it, though.

Why? Because Putin is a crooked thug dictator? […]

Election 2020

https://youtu.be/kzuA3fjTUg0 Fuck Biden. I knew h[…]

No, you're *incorrect*, because you keep gravitat[…]

New Rules after the November Coup

I would say arrogant or stupid. There are a l[…]