" Trump Has Sabotaged America’s Coronavirus Response" - Page 177 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15106456
Denying the visa of international students that go online. Seems reasonable, if your goal is to further depress the economy.
The international students have to take planes to come to the US or to visit their families home. So I guess American airlines and Delta won't be getting much of that $$.
The international students have to play for rent to US landlords. So i guess those landlords will have plenty of wealthy costumers willing to pay premium $$ to live in a tiny studio/dorm next to campus.
Brilliant move Trump, keep it coming my friend. Why stop there, lets ban immigrant doctors as well... we don't need them during this pandemic. Let's send all the Filipino nurses back home as well.
Come on keep it coming Mr Donald.
Fire the surgeons that wear masks.
In fact, we should go even further, lets cut federal aid to any institutions that buy disinfectant products, lysol or soap and ban hygiene products from supermarket stores.
Let's dig some old graves to see if we can find some dead people that died to smallpox and lick their remains to see if we get lucky and get it.

Let's be clear, COVID is not the worse pandemic we are dealing with. Populism and anti-science is, trumpism is.
#15106494
Two tales of the pandemic:

On the pandemic
Trump: "Well, I think we are in a good place."
Fauci: "We're facing a serious problem now."

On coronavirus testing
Trump: "We're almost up to 40 million in testing, which is unheard of."
Fauci: "This is the thing that is a little bit concerning: You say, well, we now have 37 million tests ... There are still lapses there where the dots are not being connected."

On the mortality rate
Trump: "If you look at the chart of deaths, deaths are way down."
Fauci: "It's a false narrative to take comfort in a lower rate of death."

Pretty different right?


Here's exactly how detached from reality Donald Trump is on the coronavirus

Trump keeps on changing his version of the story: first it is just another flu virus that will disappear like a miracle, then it is a dangerous Chinese virus sent to damage his future prospects, then it is a harmless virus again that is harmless to 99% of the population ...

Contrary to what Trump said, the death rate is increasing too. The US is almost back at 1,000 deaths a day. That was to be expected with the infection rate going up. It takes a few weeks for people to die.
#15106505
Atlantis wrote:Trump keeps on changing his version of the story:

Disgusting, no other politician in the history of the world has ever done that. :roll: In style Trump is certainly different to the politicians we are used to in western democracies. But in substance he's really not that different at all. Politicians constantly dissemble. Politicians, of all political stripes, at least in Britain, I haven't studied German politics closely, maybe they are different there, are perpetually trying to deceive the public.

However they usually play this game of not being caught in an immediately demonstrable lie. Some of us long ago got bored with that game. This is why some of us enjoy Trump, and can still find his antics amusing. We see him less the successor of Barak Obama, more the successor of Andy Kaufman.
#15106511
@Rich, it's normal for people to change their mind as a situation evolves or as they gain a better understanding; however, that is not the case with Trump. Trump doesn't care what he says as long as it fits his agenda. He lies either way as a matter of principle.

To claim that all politicians are that way is destroying the effectiveness of politics and the possibility for humans to manage their relations in a peaceful way.

People need to trust in politics. If there is no trust, we descend into bloody anarchy and chaos.
#15106578
XogGyux wrote:Denying the visa of international students that go online. Seems reasonable, if your goal is to further depress the economy.
The international students have to take planes to come to the US or to visit their families home. So I guess American airlines and Delta won't be getting much of that $$.
The international students have to play for rent to US landlords. So i guess those landlords will have plenty of wealthy costumers willing to pay premium $$ to live in a tiny studio/dorm next to campus.
Brilliant move Trump, keep it coming my friend. Why stop there, lets ban immigrant doctors as well... we don't need them during this pandemic. Let's send all the Filipino nurses back home as well.
Come on keep it coming Mr Donald.
Fire the surgeons that wear masks.
In fact, we should go even further, lets cut federal aid to any institutions that buy disinfectant products, lysol or soap and ban hygiene products from supermarket stores.
Let's dig some old graves to see if we can find some dead people that died to smallpox and lick their remains to see if we get lucky and get it.

Let's be clear, COVID is not the worse pandemic we are dealing with. Populism and anti-science is, trumpism is.


Your average Republican racist (which is all of them, all Republicans are racist) does not care about the economy and all of their complaints about immigrants stealing jobs have always been a lie. They would gladly warm themselves by trash fires while living in a garbage pit so long as they are 100% certain that non-whites are worse off than them.

“If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.”

-LBJ


Given the choice between world-class universal healthcare and a shittier, more expensive system that promises worse outcomes for everyone, but even worse for non-whites, reactionaries will pick the latter every time. Every single time. The only thing that matters to them is a perceived sense of superiority, and it doesn't matter if they're picking the corn out of rich people's shit to survive so long as they believe that.
#15106621
Brazil is quickly approaching us... maybe we won't be the biggest failure for much longer, perhaps the second biggest :lol: .
Now, that is an achievement.

Of course, Brazillian cases are also high because they are doing such an amazing job at testing, not because they have more than anyone else :lol:

Fucking Morons, only morons believe this sort of excuse.

Is it coincidence that Brazil also have a trump-like populist idiot at the lead?

Take note everyone... we are transforming our country, once the most admired country in the world, into a Russia, a brazil... Soon enough you will have African countries saying they don't want anyone from this shithole coming to their countries. I wonder where would Trump Jr will go kill animals to post pictures? Maybe Brazil will allow him....
#15106624
Some states/cities rolling back to lockdown. This is going to be an interesting week.

Apparently Mr Moron is wearing a mask tomorrow, and they have to announce it so people don't miss the tiny glimpse of 20secs of footage of trump using mask. It has taken this guy 6 months to very timidly approach a mask... what a leader!
And let's hope tiktok users don't mock him or photoshop the crap out of that picture because like the little 13-year-old girl with low self-esteem that our president is... that would be the last time he "endorses" a mask.
#15106652
The Republican Promise:



"A better world for you is not possible, but we can make people you don't like suffer. Trust me, non-whites will suffer far more than you."

In order to adequately address the health concerns of an entire state or country you would have to provide healthcare and economic aid to everyone, including non-whites. This is unacceptable to the GOP and its voter base, so a bunch of people have to die instead.
#15106655
SpecialOlympian wrote:The Republican Promise:



"A better world for you is not possible, but we can make people you don't like suffer. Trust me, non-whites will suffer far more than you."

In order to adequately address the health concerns of an entire state or country you would have to provide healthcare and economic aid to everyone, including non-whites. This is unacceptable to the GOP and its voter base, so a bunch of people have to die instead.


Yes, it is funny all of these people that have no idea of how science works, and flat out denies science-based facts and recommendations to come up with their own wacky theories
#15106656
SpecialOlympian wrote:This is unacceptable to the GOP and its voter base, so a bunch of people have to die instead.


I actually agree that "a bunch of people have to die" (and indeed have a list of my own).

To make many on this forum happy, let's wish it started with Trump, Pence, their families, and then the GOP and all their supporters.
#15106660
Patrickov wrote:I actually agree that "a bunch of people have to die" (and indeed have a list of my own).

To make many on this forum happy, let's wish it started with Trump, Pence, their families, and then the GOP and all their supporters.


Wishing that onto people is not correct either.
Besides, I have better plans for trump. He belongs in a prison cell.
We can even allow him to put the portrait that he bought using his "charity" foundation's money. :lol:
#15106661
XogGyux wrote:Yes, it is funny all of these people that have no idea of how science works, and flat out denies science-based facts and recommendations to come up with their own wacky theories


Even if they understood science, which I don't think can be claimed by either the right or left of the spectrum, the right would not care.

Reality is not a concern for them. There are only facts that support their political agenda and ones that do not. Understanding of any basic tenets of reality is not a requirement, and is in fact a detriment to their goals in the same way that easier voting is detrimental to the goals of the GOP.

A better world is not possible, but the libs can be owned. That is the entirety of the reactionary mindset.
#15106662
XogGyux wrote:Besides, I have better plans for trump. He belongs in a prison cell.


Had I been an anti-Trump tax payer I would not want to waste my tax money on feeding him and all his enablers for the rest of their lives. Make it quick and swift.

Sorry that I have no sense of humour. I hurts me just to see people feeling that they suffer under a regime, just like how my friends, my family and I constantly resort to sarcasm under Chinese tyranny, but unable to do anything.
Last edited by Patrickov on 11 Jul 2020 03:58, edited 1 time in total.
#15106663
Joe Biden will absolutely not prosecute anyone from the current administration because he is a useless center-right Dem. He will say we have to heal and move on, because he has been a useless piece of shit his entire political career and has no plans to stop now.

Biden is the Democratic dream candidate for Republicans.
#15106664
SpecialOlympian wrote:Joe Biden will absolutely not prosecute anyone from the current administration because he is a useless center-right Dem. He will say we have to heal and move on, because he has been a useless piece of shit his entire political career and has no plans to stop now.

Biden is the Democratic dream candidate for Republicans.


If this is true, the possibility of Biden winning is very high and those putting "BIDEN 2020" here will be very happy.
#15106669
SpecialOlympian wrote:Yeah man amid an economic crash and America becoming a hemisphere of lepers I thought Trump had a real strong change too.


Ehhh... maybe it's not fair to magnify the United States to the entire Hemisphere, over half of which is in Latin America. While I dislike supporters of Latin American countries, I do it for a different reason.
#15106671
Patrickov wrote:Had I been an anti-Trump tax payer I would not want to waste my tax money on feeding him and all his enablers for the rest of their lives. Make it quick and swift.

Sorry that I have no sense of humour. I hurts me just to see people feeling that they suffer under a regime, just like how my friends, my family and I constantly resort to sarcasm under Chinese tyranny, but unable to do anything.


This is a guy that I wouldn't mind to have my taxes increased a couple of percent just to see him in jail.
My tax bill alone would easily cover his prison sentence for the next 2-3 years. We are not talking about a luxurious accommodation with golden toilets... We are talking about a small cell in solitary confinement (since he won't have the secret service to protect him) so nobody hurts him. Preferably a padded cell so he doesn't hurt his delicate complexion. I certainly hope we could squeeze another 10 years of life on such a cell. I am on the record saying I wouldn't mind for the remainder of his life to see my taxes increased by a few percentage points just to see him.
In fact, if they put a camera in the cell so I can watch 24/7... I am willing to single-handedly fund his prison sentence.
#15106698
Another day, another Trump record: the US registered more than 71,000 new cases yesterday.

Fauci may be right, the US is heading for 100,000 new cases every day. The whole of the EU, which has 100 million more people, has less than 4,000 new cases a day.

Too much winning, Donald.

But who cares, right Donald? It's only a tiny little virus. Get used to it!

Image

He is now pushing hard to reopen schools. I have the suspicion he's trying to get every single one of you before the election.
  • 1
  • 175
  • 176
  • 177
  • 178
  • 179
  • 181

No, you didn't. You just tried to take the conver[…]

To find genuinely critical analysis of COVID-19 o[…]

any word yet on a trump plan to provide affordabl[…]

So, are you saying you are a dispensationalist - […]