Turkey & Libya agree to split Greek territory, Libya invites Turkey to send military - Page 7 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Turkey is a pariah nation. The president (who would rather suck a dictator's dick than stand up to one) should recall the US Ambassador, expel all Turkish citizens from the US and boot Turkey from all international organizations that it can. Oh. And no spare parts. Oh. And no trade. We have quite enough carpets and precious metal trinkets to hold us for awhile.

Erdogan can let fellow lifetime dictator Putin support him.
noemon wrote:Erdogan just decided to turn the Hagia Sophia into a Mosque.

Turkey is officially a barbarian country that has no place in Europe.

The court ruled that Hagia Sophia's status change in 1934 was illegal. So It reversed 1934 decision.

I guess it would be ok to turn all Turkish mosques in Europe into churches now.

Most Turkish mosques in Europe are privately owned sites. So European governments have no say on that.
Your courts like your entire country and president are shams. You have no place in the civilised world and the only thing you are good at is being bullies just to make yourselves feel like you 're something. This move is only intended to insult the Greeks & Orthodox and Catholic Christians and pretend that you're something making it evident along the way that you 're actually nothing. You have no intention of peaceful co-existence with anyone around you and you like to shout it from the rooftops. This is actually part of your everyday culture and upbringing, you like to shout but not fight, you like to scream insults at each other but when someone confronts you, you sit down like puppies. This is your collective screaming at Greece and Europe for what exactly? No reason, just attention whoring.

Psychologists, psychiatrists and ethno-historians will be studying your national shame and psychosis for the next few centuries.

Nations who need to steal someone else's history to prop themselves up have an expiry date.
It would be wise for Turkey to be careful with President Biden. He may be many things but a wimp is not one of them. The US would walk through Turkey like a walk in the park. Most importantly. When Biden is elected, Putin's stock crashes big time.
Potemkin wrote:I suspect that Rich is suggesting that Mr. Erdogan is merely playing the Great Game, and playing it rather well.

History suggests that most of those who play the Great Game carry their nations to a sad and diminished state. Even the clever ones.
quetzalcoatl wrote:History suggests that most of those who play the Great Game carry their nations to a sad and diminished state. Even the clever ones.

History suggests that everything ultimately ends in failure. Where is Alexander the Great's vast empire now? Where is the Roman Empire now? Even the Universe itself will eventually fizzle out in a long gloomy Heat Death....

Leaders do what they can, while they can. Life is brief, and death is forever.
noemon wrote:Your courts like your entire country and president are shams. You have no place in the civilised world and the only thing you are good at is being bullies just to make yourselves feel like you 're something. This move is only intended to insult the Greeks & Orthodox and Catholic Christians and pretend that you're something making it evident along the way that you 're actually nothing. You have no intention of peaceful co-existence with anyone around you and you like to shout it from the rooftops. This is actually part of your everyday culture and upbringing, you like to shout but not fight, you like to scream insults at each other but when someone confronts you, you sit down like puppies. This is your collective screaming at Greece and Europe for what exactly? No reason, just attention whoring.

Psychologists, psychiatrists and ethno-historians will be studying your national shame and psychosis for the next few centuries.

Nations who need to steal someone else's history to prop themselves up have an expiry date.

Hagia Sophia had served as a Mosque from 1453 to 1934. I don't see anything new here. It was used to be a Mosque. It is located today in a vastly Muslim country.

Have you ever visited to Spain? There are great Cathedrals which used to be Mosques. There are great Islamic sites where Islamic scholars and philosophers had lived. It was the source of Europe's Renaissance. Now all of them are gone. Spain uses them for different purposes.

If you tried to be nicer, maybe government would rethink about Hagia Sophia. Maybe there would be a duality.
Istanbuller wrote:Hagia Sophia had served as a Mosque from 1453 to 1934. I don't see anything new here. It was used to be a Mosque. It is located today in a vastly Muslim country.

Have you ever visited to Spain? There are great Cathedrals which used to be Mosques. There are great Islamic sites where Islamic scholars and philosophers had lived. It was the source of Europe's Renaissance. Now all of them are gone. Spain uses them for different purposes.

If you tried to be nicer, maybe government would rethink about Hagia Sophia. Maybe there would be a duality.

Be nicer in what way? We are not doing anything to you or your country. These happened centuries ago, funny how you think that still living in the Middle-Ages is acceptable. It's actually not and this is an admission of what your country actually is. A Medieval Muslim state bent on extremist religious expansion with no intention of being a friendly neighbour to anybody.
noemon wrote:Be nicer in what way? We are not doing anything to you or your country. These happened centuries ago, funny how you think that still living in the Middle-Ages is acceptable. It's actually not and this is an admission of what your country actually is. A Medieval Muslim state bent on extremist religious expansion with no intention of being a friendly neighbour to anybody.

I am talking about present day events. Ankara is not happy with Greece's cooperation with Turkey's rivals in Europe and Middle East. I am sure opposition parties would think the same if they were in power.
Istanbuller wrote:I am talking about present day events. Ankara is not happy with Greece's cooperation with Turkey's rivals in Europe and Middle East. I am sure opposition parties would think the same if they were in power.

Your post kinda proves a point that Noemon is making. Europe very rarely thinks in terms such as rivals or enemies. We just live and let others live, that is it basically. Sure we have rivals in the economic sense of competition but we do not have enemies in the sense of military or expansionist. Even economic side of things has been moving closer to cooperation and figuring out our problems although Trump put a wrench in to it. And perhaps Brexit a bit. Sometimes our leaders can step of line but that is usually an exception rather than the norm.

If somebody steps out of line and breaks that balance then we sanction them. Even leaders among ourselves if you look at Poland or Hungary by the way. Your attitude is similar to Russia honestly. State under siege, enemies around you, must expand to preserve our peace, must unite behind a strongman, etc. Stupid ideas made by men who wish to hold to power and trick their own people in to submission. Those ideas are regressive and breed corruption as they have always done before.

To be honest, not many outside of Greece or the catholic/orthodox churches really cares about this. Most take notice though at what Erdogan is doing. Cheap tricks to stay in power. It doesn't fix any of the Turkey problems in the economy or society. I mean , yeah, i guess you hurt the feelings of religious people and may be Greeks. How does that help the Turkish people or their wellbeing etc?
An animal lover talks to a turk
He asks the turk:"May I talk to your horse?"

"Horse not talk", he replies.

The animal lover asks the horse : "Hello horse how are you doing do you have enough food?"

"I'm doing fine and there is more than enough food too."

The animal lover asks the turk : "May I talk to your dog?"

"Dog not talk", he replies.

The animal lover now next to the dog asks him: "Hello Dog are you alright?'

"I can't complain, I have a warm place to sleep" he replies

The animal lover asks the turk : "May I talk to your goat?"

The turk answers:"Goat lies"
Potemkin wrote:History suggests that everything ultimately ends in failure. Where is Alexander the Great's vast empire now? Where is the Roman Empire now? Even the Universe itself will eventually fizzle out in a long gloomy Heat Death....

Leaders do what they can, while they can. Life is brief, and death is forever.

True enough. But If I could choose (I can't), I'd choose to live under someone like NZ's Ardern rather than a country run by one of the grand game chess masters.
quetzalcoatl wrote:True enough. But If I could choose (I can't), I'd choose to live under someone like NZ's Ardern rather than a country run by one of the grand game chess masters.

Have you never considered that the reason why NZ's Ardern can afford to be such a nice guy is precisely because the British Empire played the Great Game so well back in the 18th and 19th centuries? After all, NZ used to belong to the Maoris, and now it doesn't. Lol.
Potemkin wrote:Have you never considered that the reason why NZ's Ardern can afford to be such a nice guy is precisely because the British Empire played the Great Game so well back in the 18th and 19th centuries? After all, NZ used to belong to the Maoris, and now it doesn't. Lol.

The point is rather that NZ knows its place in the world and plays the game accordingly. It doesn't suffer from hubris and its citizens live all the better for it.
Rugoz wrote:The point is rather that NZ knows its place in the world and plays the game accordingly. It doesn't suffer from hubris and its citizens live all the better for it.

And that place is as a protectorate of the world order created by the British Empire and, following that Empire's decline, the USA. And it plays an active though subordinate role in maintaining that world order, as a member of 'Five Eyes' for example. Its citizens live so well and so peacefully precisely because the British slaughtered any Maoris who resisted our conquest of their land back in the 19th century, and because other nations are now still playing the Great Game on its behalf. Far from being exemplary, NZ is actually a good example of a weak nation getting a free ride on the coattails of its more powerful allies. It's easy to be a nice guy if other people have always done your dirty work for you. Lol.
Potemkin wrote:And that place is as a protectorate of the world order created by the British Empire and, following that Empire's decline, the USA. And it plays an active though subordinate role in maintaining that world order, as a member of 'Five Eyes' for example. Its citizens live so well and so peacefully precisely because the British slaughtered any Maoris who resisted our conquest of their land back in the 19th century, and because other nations are now still playing the Great Game on its behalf. Far from being exemplary, NZ is actually a good example of a weak nation getting a free ride on the coattails of its more powerful allies. It's easy to be a nice guy if other people have always done your dirty work for you. Lol.

So what? That's just being smart.

They could try to invade Australia or do something else really stupid.
Rugoz wrote:So what? That's just being smart.

They could try to invade Australia or do something else really stupid.

But they don't. Not because they're nice guys, but because they're not stupid. Likewise, what Erdogan or Putin are doing isn't stupid either. The difference is that because Turkey and Russia are in relatively weak subaltern positions in the world 'community', they must be rather more aggressive in playing the Great Game than lazy freeloaders like NZ. Lol.

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]

@Rugoz A compromise with Putin is impossibl[…]

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we […]