Trump opponents fooling themselves again? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15104203
Human trends are funny. 95% of the time you will win by following the conventional wisdom of the crowd. The exceptions are the infrequent major turning points when everything becomes unpredictable.
#15104242
Donna wrote:The way Trump won in 2016 was similar to winning game 7 of the NBA Finals with a clutch three-pointer.

Can he do it again? In theory, yes. Is it likely? No.


He could do it again if he wasn't so busy fucking it up. All he has to do is humor the boomers by pretending covid isn't mostly a hoax, throw them a bone and give them a nice social security bump for pandemic preparedness or some such bullshit. That and a major infrustructure spending bill would get him a second term.
#15104245
Losing the boomers is what's gonna sink him. They're old and scared and confused, the fakest generation just wants some fake leadership to help them through this fake crisis and Trump's just leaving them hanging.
#15107666
Unthinking Majority wrote:The only polls that matter are in the swing states.

Most polls fail because they are not updated to changes in politics. Especially, pollster failed hugely on tracking rightist and far-right politics. Majority of polls weren't able to see Donald Trump's come in 2016.

I believe that there are reasons why polls show Biden over Trump.

- Most polls are being conducted at university campuses and urban areas. Those areas can be leaning toward Democratic Party over Republican Party.

- Pollsters are biased against Trump. So they avoid Trump supporters. This resulst in poor sampling.
#15107671
Tainari88 wrote:I think Biden sucks bad. And Trump is a nightmare. I think Dr. Cornel West has the right idea on this whole situation.

Here:





Dumb ass Marxist, African Americans live better then Africans do... A Marxist talking about a failed experiment is hilarious.
#15107672
Sivad wrote:Losing the boomers is what's gonna sink him. They're old and scared and confused, the fakest generation just wants some fake leadership to help them through this fake crisis and Trump's just leaving them hanging.


Yeah Boomers really are the WW2 PTSD generation.
#15107673
Donna wrote:The way Trump won in 2016 was similar to winning game 7 of the NBA Finals with a clutch three-pointer.

Can he do it again? In theory, yes. Is it likely? No.


Ummm most game 7 NBA finals are close games, and are decided by a clutch shot.....
#15107744
Trump is carrying the Republican Party along to self-annihilation. There's no other way to put it. At the same time, the Democrats are running an Obama Nostalgia Tour with all the usual suspects.

Concurrently, we are on the threshold of a massive wave of evictions and bankruptcies. 40 million Americans have lost their jobs and their health insurance. Biden told them they could keep their plans, remember?

The shite is hitting the fan, and hitting it good and hard.

32% of U.S. households missed their July housing payments.

Renters are especially vulnerable. About 36% of renters, who are more likely to work in industries devastated by the coronavirus, missed their July housing bill, compared to 30% of homeowners.


Small business damage is still ongoing and hard to assess, but 22% of existing small businesses are likely to go bankrupt and one-third of independent farms are on the verge of bankruptcy.

Nearly half the U.S. population is without a job, showing how far the labor recovery has to go.

Both parties are helpless and clueless at this point. This race is uncallable. The US is adrift and rudderless, at the mercy of whatever reef or iceberg we drift into over the next 4 months.
#15110067
Wulfschilde wrote:Image

Why the secrecy? Why so embarrased if they support Trump?
I am not embarrased of any candidate I support...
This is the same sort of rhetoric that Sean Spicer was babbling earlier. It merely shines light into the fact that Trump is a despicable human being and that most people understand this.
#15110069
XogGyux wrote:Why the secrecy? Why so embarrased if they support Trump?
I am not embarrased of any candidate I support...
This is the same sort of rhetoric that Sean Spicer was babbling earlier. It merely shines light into the fact that Trump is a despicable human being and that most people understand this.

Probably they want to avoid having to engage with people like you in real life.
#15110070
Finfinder wrote:Do you have a problem with people defending their private property from a violent mob?

Kim Gardner, the local DA, does.

Mark and Patricia McCloskey, the lawyers who drew guns on protesters marching through the grounds of their $1.15m mansion, have been charged with unlawful use of a weapon.

Class E felonies like unlawful use of a weapon can carry prison sentences of up to four years.


:)
#15110079
Istanbuller wrote:You all may have noticed that Democrats and Trump oppenents started to fool themselves again just like they did in 2016 election.

I have seen numerous polls on liberal media recently. There was also one on Fox News. All show that Joe Biden has double digit lead over Donald Trump. I feel like it is dejavu when I see these polls and news.

What do you think?

They undersample Republicans in registered voter polls. Tweak the sampling to reflect reality with likely voter polls and the race looks very different. The intent is to dispirit Republicans, and it doesn't seem to be working.

jimjam wrote:America is obviously great again. Hatred and anger reign supreme …………...

Yes, the indiscriminate hatred for white people as spawned by the political left, and ironically supported by leftist white people is a problem. However, I don't think it's going to help Democrats.

Atlantis wrote:The pandemic has rung in a paradigm shift in world politics and people will start taking climate change seriously.

That's quite a strange twist. I'm not sure how you arrive at that conclusion. However, taking draconian climate change policies seriously essentially does what lockdowns do to people--it destroys the economy. A lot of people do not like being poor.

quetzlcoatl wrote:Both parties are helpless and clueless at this point.

No. They are deliberate. Sometimes you should invoke a thought exercise when you arrive at the conclusion that everyone is stupid that maybe they know exactly what they are doing and they don't have your best interests at heart and playing dumb becomes an exercise.

quetzlcoatl wrote:This race is uncallable.

That's because Biden is that weak. Generally, you can run a generic candidate against a known candidate and get higher polling. So they are literally hiding Biden from the public in hopes that people will actually take that to the voting booth.

XogGyux wrote:Why the secrecy? Why so embarrased if they support Trump?

A lot of Democrats are completely lacking in civility for anyone who disagrees with their party. Some are even criminal, such as vandalizing vehicles, etc. So you don't see a lot of MAGA bumber stickers in places like New York or California, because people don't want their cars vandalized, etc.

Wulfschilde wrote:Probably they want to avoid having to engage with people like you in real life.

That's exactly what's going on.

ingliz wrote:Kim Gardner, the local DA, does.

Mark and Patricia McCloskey, the lawyers who drew guns on protesters marching through the grounds of their $1.15m mansion, have been charged with unlawful use of a weapon.

Class E felonies like unlawful use of a weapon can carry prison sentences of up to four years.


:)

She's already lost on these cases. They've already been caught manufacturing evidence on the pistol.

XogGyux wrote:Of all the things that you can use to describe the Trump supporter, quiet, reserved, measured, shy, discrete are not quite accurate :lol:

That describes a lot of them.
#15110080
XogGyux wrote:Sure that's why...

Of all the things that you can use to describe the Trump supporter, quiet, reserved, measured, shy, discrete are not quite accurate :lol:


Compared to the white liberal loons rioting in places like Portland and Seattle, I would say so. And much of what I see on this thread and others from their ideological comrades on PoFo lately isn't exactly ''quiet, reserved, measured, shy, discrete...'' either. But that's what i've come to expect from the Identity Politics obsessed nullity that is the American Liberal.
#15110084
blackjack21 wrote:A lot of Democrats are completely lacking in civility for anyone who disagrees with their party. Some are even criminal, such as vandalizing vehicles, etc. So you don't see a lot of MAGA bumber stickers in places like New York or California, because people don't want their cars vandalized, etc.


That's exactly what's going on.


Nonsense. Unsurprising.
First is the blatant suggestion that only Democrats are criminals and vandals. You know because those arrested for planning on bombing CNN or politicians not too long ago were stoush liberals and those that shot the synagogues or vandalized churches of black communities were obvious democrats.
Keep bringing attention to the civil unrest and violence, it certainly does not favor your point. Trump is the reason for this, he is the cause and not the solution. He keeps putting gasoline into the fire.
#15110096
XogGyux wrote:First is the blatant suggestion that only Democrats are criminals and vandals.

When it comes to violent crime, most violent criminals are Democrats or lean Democrat. I never suggested only Democrats are criminals. Quite the contrary. I have said that violent criminal behavior tends to be highest among Democrats, and it's not a close race.

XogGyux wrote:You know because those arrested for planning on bombing CNN or politicians not too long ago were stoush liberals and those that shot the synagogues or vandalized churches of black communities were obvious democrats.

Arrests for "planning" seem perhaps a bit flimsy to me. Actual shootings also seem to be anti-Trump types. For example, the shooting of Steve Scalise and other Republicans was an anti-Trump guy. The shootings in these riots are mostly Democrats shooting other Democrats.

XogGyux wrote:Keep bringing attention to the civil unrest and violence, it certainly does not favor your point. Trump is the reason for this, he is the cause and not the solution. He keeps putting gasoline into the fire.

As I said many months ago, they won't be able to keep the country shut down without violence erupting. So they tried to channel the violence toward left wing causes. Recently, that would be highlighting the death of George Floyd by a police officer in a Democrat-run police department and Democrat-run city, county and state. Trump had nothing to do with it. Protecting Federal buildings and court houses doesn't put gasoline on any fire. Trump is just upholding the law, which is what Democrat-run cities should be doing too.

Long, but a very good read. The Unraveling of Am[…]

We live in an era of fake news. My facts are you[…]

Blast in Beirut, Lebanon

Yeah, it was always going to be fake. But it was q[…]

@Crantag , Did you see my reply? If yes, then I[…]