Election 2020 - Page 159 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
User avatar
By Drlee
#15107909
National Association of Police Organizations drops support for Biden, declares support for Trump.


Interesting. I see @Wulfschilde and @Doug64 supports public sector unions. I thought you were a conservative. Who would have guessed that you two be soch'list.

No surprise though. Trump is a fascist. It makes perfect sense.
User avatar
By Potemkin
#15107911
Beren wrote:Or maybe there's one more thing I have to add. If physicists found the general equation of the universe someday, stock market indices could be there somewhere in it too, as stock markets are also legitimate parts of the universe, however, stock market indices still wouldn't be real physical data with any relevance for physics used by physicists.

Image
User avatar
By Drlee
#15107913
At least this shows that NAPO does not care a bit about its minority police officers. At the moment this is the only issue upon which Trump has the advantage.
By Doug64
#15107916
Drlee wrote:Interesting. I see @Wulfschilde and @Doug64 supports public sector unions. I thought you were a conservative.

How does recognition that a police union renouncing its former support for Biden in order to support Trump is bad news for the Biden campaign equal support for unions? And I’d say the police unions support their minority members as much as their White members—more so, actually, given the way minority police have been vilified by some on the Left as race traitors.
By Finfinder
#15107924
BeesKnee5 wrote:It's not spin to say she attracted more votes but didnt win under the electoral system.

It is spin to say she cannot attract votes when she attracted more votes than her opponent, unless you are saying Trump also cannot attract votes.


Yea more votes in California a state who hasn't voted for a Republican since 1988.

I'm saying Trump ran for president and won.

Hillary Clinton ran for president and lost 2 times.

This will be Joe Bidens third attempt at running for president.
#15107925
Finfinder wrote:
Yea more votes in California a state who hasn't voted for a Republican since 1988.

I'm saying Trump ran for president and won.

Hillary Clinton ran for president and lost 2 times.

This will be Joe Bidens third attempt at running for president.


And what's that got to do with the price of fish?

I haven't disputed that trump won. That would be silly.
User avatar
By Drlee
#15107927
And I’d say the police unions support their minority members as much as their White members—more so, actually, given the way minority police have been vilified by some on the Left as race traitors.


examples of this? :roll:

Not Brietbart or Fox News.
#15108031
BeesKnee5 wrote:And what's that got to do with the price of fish?

I haven't disputed that trump won. That would be silly.


Any candidate can get votes so what, that generality is nothing intellectualy new. Without California Clinton would not have won the popular vote and I explained California hasn't voted Republican in over 30 years. Again what exactly is your argument why are you continuing this moot point.
#15108044
Finfinder wrote:Any candidate can get votes so what, that generality is nothing intellectualy new. Without California Clinton would not have won the popular vote and I explained California hasn't voted Republican in over 30 years. Again what exactly is your argument why are you continuing this moot point.


I don't have an argument.

Yours appears to be that trump was able to attract more votes than clinton, which clearly he didnt.
User avatar
By blackjack21
#15108051
late wrote:NAPO is going to regret doing that.

Why?

Drlee wrote:At least this shows that NAPO does not care a bit about its minority police officers.

Do you know any minority police officers? Do you think the ones charged and pending trial in Minneapolis want a leftist jury?

Drlee wrote:At the moment this is the only issue upon which Trump has the advantage.

A blind belief in polls does not reflect what's happening in this country. For example, the mayor of Seattle is facing a recall now--not just from the political right, but from the left. In California, Gavin Newsom has shut everything down again. This is MASSIVELY unpopular, and you are not going to hear much about it in the national television news. Take a look at some local news sources: Caltrain Teetering On Financial Collapse As SF Supervisors Table Tax Proposal, or BART, expecting to lose $975M over 3 years, begs feds for money, or Muni faces financial crisis due to COVID-19, most bus lines could vanish for years. Blue state Democrats are destroying their own cities. They are fighting amongst themselves. Sf Supervisors Defend Refusal Propose Tax To Help Rescue Caltrain As It Struggles With Impacts Of Pandemic. Cities all up and down the CalTrain line are furious. Californians turn anger on each other over second coronavirus shutdown. See, you can play the game that blue cities in red states, like Houston or Austin are adversely affected and try to blame that on a Republican governor, but in California, it is pretty much controlled by the Democratic party. There is nobody else to blame.

Over the course of the four-month pandemic, Californians have focused their anger at the governor and other politicians, county health officials and the current resident of the White House. But now, in the early days of yet another shutdown, they are turning on each other like never before.

Because, when it comes to the coronavirus, we have met the enemy, and he is us.

Trump has already done what he can do. He doesn't have the power to order lockdowns, nor does he want to. It's hurting working class people badly. Many of them have never voted Republican in their lives. Maybe some of them will.

And now, the federal program that offered out-of-work people an extra $600 a week in unemployment benefits is about to end unless a divided Congress votes to re-up it. The California Employment Development Department, which handles unemployment claims, is overwhelmed. The struggling economy has just taken another body blow. And hundreds of thousands of parents will have to keep their children at home for remote learning for the foreseeable future.

I can remember when the political left mocked home schooling. Now they are the primary champions of it.

“I don’t want to kill your grandma. I don’t want to kill my mom,” he said. But “everyone is under this notion that they’re doing this” — shutdown orders and mask mandates — “to save us. But they’re not looking at the long picture. The long picture is that small businesses will close. Only major conglomerates will be able to stay open.”

I'm so glad I work in a publicly-traded company right now. I remember the pain of 2008-2010. In California, there aren't any Republicans in power to blame. However, a lot of people are beginning to suspect that these shutdowns are about giving more power to big companies and government, and not about protecting people.

Finfinder wrote:Yea more votes in California a state who hasn't voted for a Republican since 1988.

I don't think California will vote for Trump, but I think the Democratic coalition in California is facing the most serious headwinds in a generation. They are literally bankrupting their cities.

Image
User avatar
By jimjam
#15108109
blackjack21 wrote:
Trump has already done what he can do.


Agreed ……. he is severely limited by his incompetence.

meanwhile:
At this point Florida alone has an average daily death toll roughly equal to that of the whole European Union, which has 20 times its population.

This is because: (take your pick) 1) Obama failed 2) a secrete plot by Donald's enemies (Rush Limnberg told me this :eek: )
User avatar
By XogGyux
#15108110
It's getting a bit harder to even keep FOX news in the delusion of this guy.
The degree of crazy for that to happen, is beyond measurable. My crazynometer is actually broken, it has been for a couple of years now :lol:
User avatar
By Hindsite
#15108111
Drlee wrote:At least this shows that NAPO does not care a bit about its minority police officers. At the moment this is the only issue upon which Trump has the advantage.

That seems like a racist post to me.
User avatar
By Drlee
#15108119
@Hindsite said: That seems like a racist post to me.


:roll:

Have an adult help you with it.
User avatar
By Drlee
#15108120
Good News Blackjack21. You made a simple mistake when you said that Newsome was unpopular in California. Simple because you could have checked the polls:
“People continue to put their faith in state leadership around the Covid crisis,” Mr. Baldassare said.

That extends to Gov. Gavin Newsom, whose approval rating increased to 65 percent of adults from 53 percent in February.

President Trump’s approval rating, on the other hand, has stayed the same, 35 percent among adults, from February to May. And the ratings have been consistently divided along party lines.


This should make you feel better. I know you were very worried about this.

I want to thank you though for a nice preview of what Republican disinformation will be between now and the election.

Let me be clear. I still think that Trump could win. I think we will see the mother of all dirty tricks during this campaign. But just about none of the stuff you posited, holds water. You and I were the only two on this whole form who predicted the Trump victory in advance though for different reasons. This time though, unless he can figure out how to feign leadership, he has a very tough row to hoe.
User avatar
By JohnRawls
#15108137
Drlee wrote:Good News Blackjack21. You made a simple mistake when you said that Newsome was unpopular in California. Simple because you could have checked the polls:


This should make you feel better. I know you were very worried about this.

I want to thank you though for a nice preview of what Republican disinformation will be between now and the election.

Let me be clear. I still think that Trump could win. I think we will see the mother of all dirty tricks during this campaign. But just about none of the stuff you posited, holds water. You and I were the only two on this whole form who predicted the Trump victory in advance though for different reasons. This time though, unless he can figure out how to feign leadership, he has a very tough row to hoe.


There is always a chance of that. But if Trump fucks up a bit more then my troll prediction can come True: https://ig.ft.com/us-election-2020/

He just needs to loose a bit more raiting and fail in Misso and Iowa. COME ON, HE can do it.
  • 1
  • 157
  • 158
  • 159
  • 160
  • 161
  • 173
Election 2020

Maybe it would not be so bad a thing (and worth[…]

Joe Biden

He could very well the logopenic variant of Alzhe[…]

Thank Goodness for Sane People

You both haven't noticed yet that politically the […]

You can block the airway without physically damag[…]