Russia approves first Covid-19 Vaccine.... - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

annatar1914 wrote:Horse manure. What grandstanding is there?

:lol:

annatar1914 wrote:Come on, your posts about most things are misanthropic, but your comments on Russia and Russians get downright malignant. At least be honest and admit it.

I don't, because when it comes to Putin you behave like a naive little puppy. It's frankly mindblowing how a person can be so gullible.
Its not that surprising that Russia should be first. Russia inherited the Soviet Union's military industrial complex and the Soviet Union was a leader in biological warfare research. Overall Soviet industry was appalling, but a lot of their military production was actually of reasonable quality. A major part of any biological warfare research is developing antidotes / vaccines / medicines both for your own weapons and your enemies. Covid-19 is a biological weapons attack by the Chinese Communist Party under the leadership of their fuhrer Xi Jinping. Note Cultural Marxist attempts to equate Trump and Xi are pathetic. Trump is not a dictator like Xi, not even close, a few trolling tweets on Twitter do not a dictator make.

The Russian State has been preparing for this war for over a half a century.
Rugoz wrote:Developing a vaccine is not difficult. What is difficult/expensive is to prove its safety and effectiveness. It looks like Russia has done neither.

No indeed, no doubt they don't have the same exacting standards as western corporations, but some of us paranoid types are still wary about quaffing down Thalidomide to pick one example from the WHO's list of essential medicines.
colliric wrote:https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-11/russia-approves-first-coronavirus-vaccine-vladimir-putin-says/12547608

....for "final in-field testing" on the entire Russian population. "Volunteers only" at least.

Tried it on his daughter first.

Putin being Putin as usual.

That is how you do, not like bitch as Fauci..... and the rest of the Western Scientific priesthood.
Rugoz wrote::lol:

I don't, because when it comes to Putin you behave like a naive little puppy. It's frankly mindblowing how a person can be so gullible.

Putin is a politician. That being said, he has done enough for Russia that Russia has not fallen back into the brink of an abyss, which is where you and your ilk would have Russia be in.
Unthinking Majority wrote:Why? Because Putin is a crooked thug dictator?

:roll:

I feel anymore like I'm posting with absolute children on PoFo. Few have the capacity to think for themselves, they only repeat the soundbites and memes of the Western Elites, not thinking but having thoughts of others spoon-fed to them. ''unthinking majority'' indeed.

And this is why in this age we're in now so many people are going to be sorely disappointed.
Again, the two Russian trials had 38 subjects each. The one being done by ModernaTX I posted earlier is aiming to recruit 30,000 people, a process that is obviously a lot slower. I'm betting the Russians will suddenly face "unexpected" delays in the rollout of the vaccine, delays consisting on "doing a much larger trial to figure out whatever is going on".
All of the sudden, the Believe Science™ vaccine shills in America have become vaccine skeptics :lol:

They are criticizing Russia for rushing out a vaccine as they are currently rushing out a vaccine that they various media personalities have a financial stake in.

'Very concerned about this' | Expert worries 'world's first' Russian COVID-19 vaccine has not been proven safe

This morning the world woke up to a triumphant Russian president. Vladimir Putin declared the race to register the first COVID-19 vaccine was over.

Putin said Russia's vaccine is effective, forms immunity and is ready to be rolled out.

KHOU 11 News asked vaccine expert Dr. Peter Hotez if he would take this vaccine himself.

"No, not at all," Hotez said. "Not until I see published data. It would be reckless to think about taking that vaccine."
Hotez and his team are working on their own COVID-19 vaccine. He and global health officials are skeptical of Russia's big news.
"We just don't know a lot about it," said Hotez.

Russia released a video animation that brands the vaccine "Sputnik 5." Russia will begin administering the vaccine to its population despite failing to complete mass phase 3 human trials first. Putin says even his own daughter has been injected with the vaccine.
Hotez said Russia needs to release the scientific safety data to back all this up.

"I don't see how the Russians could turn this around that quickly to have done all of those steps," Hotez said. "I'm quite concerned as to what they're doing."

Hotez hopes this doesn't put pressure on the multiple COVID-19 vaccines undergoing phase three trials to cut corners. So far middle eastern and Latin American countries expressed interest in the Russian vaccine. Hotez fears the distribution of this COVID-19 vaccine with potential safety flaws could hurt other vaccine in development.

"That creates a lot of risk," Hotez said. "If those vaccines aren't safe or effective it could destroy the reputation of all the COVID-19 vaccines and exacerbate a problem we're seeing already that people are distrustful of COVID-19 vaccines."
The World Health Organization says it is in contact with Russian health authorities about the vaccine and possible next steps.

Are American vaccine manufacturers going to share the results of their vaccine trials and studies when they get ready to coerce Americans to be vaccinated?

Anthony Fauci Shares Serious Doubts About Safety Of Russia’s Coronavirus Vaccine

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious disease expert, expressed serious doubt about the safety of a Russian-created vaccine for the coronavirus.

“Having a vaccine” and “proving that a vaccine is safe and effective are two different things,” the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases told ABC News’ Deborah Roberts in a preview clip of an interview for National Geographic that was released Tuesday.

Russian President Vladimir Putin earlier on Tuesday claimed the country’s coronavirus vaccine, the first in the world, was ready for use ― even though it has not been subjected to a large-scale clinical trial.

Fauci explained in the interview that National Geographic will broadcast in full online Thursday that the U.S. has “half a dozen or more vaccines” in development and could start administering them as soon as “next week” if “we wanted to take the chance of hurting a lot of people, or giving them something that doesn’t work.”

“But, that’s not the way it works,” he said.

“So, I hope, but I haven’t heard any evidence to make me feel that’s the case, I hope that the Russians have actually, definitively proven that the vaccine is safe and effective,” Fauci continued. “I seriously doubt that they’ve done that.”

People should understand that the U.S. is not yet claiming to have a vaccine because “we have a way of doing things in this country where we care about safety and we care about efficacy,” Fauci added.

Just found this video from a month ago where Moderna declared it's vaccine "safe" after their experimental vaccine was tested on only 45 volunteers during early trials.

Then two weeks later, Bill Gates was asked if the Moderna vaccine was safe and he did a hominahomina all the way through.

This sputnik moment is obviously a propaganda stunt and there's apparently a vaccine race as well, however, I wonder if Putin will make a phone call in mid- or late October asking Trump if the US gov wants some Russian vaccine gratis for testing. :lol:
annatar1914 wrote::roll:

I feel anymore like I'm posting with absolute children on PoFo. Few have the capacity to think for themselves, they only repeat the soundbites and memes of the Western Elites, not thinking but having thoughts of others spoon-fed to them. ''unthinking majority'' indeed.

And this is why in this age we're in now so many people are going to be sorely disappointed.

He's a crooked thug dictator, that's a fact.

Looks like you've been fooled by Russian propoganda.
Rancid wrote:I would pass on using that vaccine until we see how it does in Russia.

You're safe Rancid. By the time Russia have rolled this out and vaccinated everyone, America will have its own for you to buy at American medical inflated prices.

Putin's confidence at such a high risk game should they have cut corners give me confidence that this works because he isn't going to poison his own people on mass to international ridicule. Although it wouldn't surprised me if it was stolen and that the real case study involved convicts and not 31 people. Not that it matters. The West are never going to grant this vaccine a licence for anyone to buy. :hmm:
Unthinking Majority wrote:He's a crooked thug dictator, that's a fact.

Looks like you've been fooled by Russian propoganda.

:roll:

I've lived in Russia, Putin isn't a Dictator. Looks like you've been fooled by Western propaganda. And it's easy to see why; people don't think anymore in the West, they just emote and regurgitate soundbites like an automatic reflex.

Putin-whatever he is- Isn't stupid. He isn't going to stake his countries future and his legacy on something that isn't effective in countering this pandemic. I guess that should just be ''common sense'' when looking at the politics of all this, but one thing i've learned is that common sense isn't very common anymore.
annatar1914 wrote::roll:

I've lived in Russia, Putin isn't a Dictator. Looks like you've been fooled by Western propaganda. And it's easy to see why; people don't think anymore in the West, they just emote and regurgitate soundbites like an automatic reflex.

He's been in power for 20 years and counting, he's changed the laws so that he can remain in power. Democracy in Russia is a joke. He's a dictator.
Unthinking Majority wrote:He's been in power for 20 years and counting, he's changed the laws so that he can remain in power. Democracy in Russia is a joke. He's a dictator.

Repeating the mantra won't conjure up any facts. Anyone being President for 20 years doesn't detract from their representation of the people and the common good necessarily, look at President Roosevelt in America, in office from 1933 until his death in 1945 as an example.

Changing the laws so he can remain in power was done Constitutionally and represented the will of the Russian people, along with the other amendments to the Russian Constitution. If you don't like the will of the Russian people, that's another matter. And, I'm sure it's what you and the Western elites are really upset about.

''Democracy in Russia is a joke'', again, because you don't like his policies doesn't mean that Putin and his policies are disliked by at least a plurality of the Russian people. Most who do oppose him do not think he's anti-western enough, so you've got no avenue of attack there. And as i'm saying also, very much Constitutional.

Putin isn't a Dictator. People are free to say what they like and do, very much so. And again, most of any opposition to him says he hasn't gone far enough. I know that doesn't suit you or your narrative, so it's likely you'll just ignore it.
maz wrote:All of the sudden, the Believe Science™ vaccine shills in America have become vaccine skeptics

Because a sample size of 38 people is not good science, you dimwit.

maz wrote:They are criticizing Russia for rushing out a vaccine as they are currently rushing out a vaccine that they various media personalities have a financial stake in.

Except in the US and elsewhere it's not media personalities or the KGB man in chief who decide whether a vaccine gets approved, but a more or less independent government agency.

annatar1914 wrote:Putin is a politician. That being said, he has done enough for Russia that Russia has not fallen back into the brink of an abyss, which is where you and your ilk would have Russia be in.

More baseless accusations. I dislike Russia, or rather Putin's regime, because of the constant lies, fakery, propaganda and other KGB bullshit that originates there. It dislike how it's all designed to be destructive, an exercise in pure nihilism, devoid of ideology.

annatar1914 wrote:Repeating the mantra won't conjure up any facts. Anyone being President for 20 years doesn't detract from their representation of the people and the common good necessarily, look at President Roosevelt in America, in office from 1933 until his death in 1945 as an example.

Changing the laws so he can remain in power was done Constitutionally and represented the will of the Russian people, along with the other amendments to the Russian Constitution. If you don't like the will of the Russian people, that's another matter. And, I'm sure it's what you and the Western elites are really upset about.

''Democracy in Russia is a joke'', again, because you don't like his policies doesn't mean that Putin and his policies are disliked by at least a plurality of the Russian people. Most who do oppose him do not think he's anti-western enough, so you've got no avenue of attack there. And as i'm saying also, very much Constitutional.

Putin isn't a Dictator. People are free to say what they like and do, very much so. And again, most of any opposition to him says he hasn't gone far enough. I know that doesn't suit you or your narrative, so it's likely you'll just ignore it.

Incredible. Even if you ignore the fact that Putin doesn't allow potentially competitive candidates to run, controls all the important media that show him in a good light and uses the state apparatus to increase turnout for him, a simple look at the results tells us that Russia is not a functioning democracy. Putin won all the elections (except the first one) with an overwhelming majority (64%/72%/77% of the votes) in the first round (!) over the course of 20 years. This would already be unprecedented in a one-round system, but in a two-round system as in Russia it's evidence for a total lack of democratic competition.

I'm not denying that Russians are probably largely content with this, since they don't know anything else. They've had "kings" for all of their history.
Because a sample size of 38 people is not good science, you dimwit.

Personal attacks are resorted to when rational argument is lacking. The sample size is sufficient for an earlier stage, the next stage has a much larger sample. We're still looking at January for a complete rollout if everything goes well.

Except in the US and elsewhere it's not media personalities or the KGB man in chief who decide whether a vaccine gets approved, but a more or less independent government agency.

:lol: You must be kidding.

More baseless accusations. I dislike Russia, or rather Putin's regime, because of the constant lies, fakery, propaganda and other KGB bullshit that originates there.

Sure. Your posting history on the subject suggests that you attack everything without supporting evidence to back up your comment, and you're on to the next attack sometime later.

It dislike how it's all designed to be destructive, an exercise in pure nihilism, devoid of ideology.

The Russian Constitution prohibits an overall state ideology to which all must adhere to to have political office. So your ''dislike'' while noted is irrelevant and pointless.

Incredible. Even if you ignore the fact that Putin doesn't allow potentially competitive candidates to run,

There's always several running. If they quit squabbling and united behind one candidate they might get somewhere. But, the opposition is such that they are of the sort that think Putin is too much of a Liberal Westernizer himself. Few of your western style Liberals in Russia...

controls all the important media that show him in a good light and uses the state apparatus to increase turnout for him, a simple look at the results tells us that Russia is not a functioning democracy.

Sure it is, you just don't like the results. If Russians wanted someone different they'd have someone different. As it is, a plurality at the very least don't trust to have anyone else at the helm just yet.

Putin won all the elections (except the first one) with an overwhelming majority (64%/72%/77% of the votes) in the first round (!) over the course of 20 years. This would already be unprecedented in a one-round system, but in a two-round system as in Russia it's evidence for a total lack of democratic competition.

It's called trust in a strong leader. The West hasn't had strong leadership in any country in a rather long time so the attitude towards one when they appear is somewhat ambivalent.

I'm not denying that Russians are probably largely content with this, since they don't know anything else. They've had "kings" for all of their history.

Ah yes, preach to me some more about the wonders of liberal ''representative democracy'' where the only power that rules is the Money Power :roll:

Kings are a damn sight better than such swine as we see in Western politicians today.

There were formidable defense lines in the Donbas[…]

World War II Day by Day

March 28, Thursday No separate peace deal with G[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The Settlement program is an example of slow ethn[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Meanwhile, your opponents argue that everyone e[…]