Who is Kamala Harris? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

What does Kamala Harris seem closest to in your opinion?

A dangerous radical leftist
2
8%
A great pick for vice-president!
5
19%
An establishment neoliberal
13
50%
A trigger-happy cop
1
4%
Don't care, didn't ask
2
8%
Other (Please elucidate)
3
12%
#15113530
One thing to point out, technically she was never a cop. She was a DA. She worked for the courts, not law enforcement.

Now, of course, her actions clearly stated that she was in support of the cops. Still, it's important to be precise and clear.
Last edited by Rancid on 15 Aug 2020 23:22, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
By Beren
#15113542
Kamala Harris represents law and order a lot more authentically than either Trump or Pence, who mostly represent masterful conning and religious bigotry, ever could. :lol:
#15113570
quetzalcoatl wrote:Left does not back either Corn Pop or K-Cop.

Under the extenuating circumstances , Bob Avakian has actually admonished his cohorts to get behind the Biden -Harris ticket .
At this critical hour, every appropriate means of non-violent action must be utilized to remove this regime from power,” Avakian, who has led the group since 1979, said in a statement.

“And if, in spite of mass protest demanding the removal of the Trump/Pence regime, this regime remains in power when it is time for voting, then — using all appropriate means to work for the removal of this regime must include voting against Trump.”

Avakian, 77, underscored to his followers the importance of backing Biden - and not because he is a fan of the former vice president.To be clear, this means not a ‘protest vote’ for some candidate who has no chance of winning, but actually voting for the Democratic Party candidate, Biden, in order to effectively vote against Trump,” he said.

“This election is different,” he argued.

“Biden is not ‘better’ than Trump, in any meaningful way — except that he is not Trump and is not part of the move to consolidate and enforce fascist rule, with everything that means. The fact is that there can be one — and only one — ‘good’ that can come out of this election: delivering a decisive defeat to Trump and the whole fascist regime.”
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12304071/us-communist-party-leader-backs-joe-biden/ , https://revcom.us/index.html I consider the basis for this stance to be that of the popular front .
Heisenberg wrote:Any answer other than "establishment neoliberal" (except, perhaps, "trigger happy cop") is objectively untrue.

Lol at whoever put "dangerous radical leftist". Your brain is literally soup :lol:
I agree completely . I mean I myself am to the left of them both . So if they're the radical left , then what does that make me ?
#15113707
"This election is different" has been the battle cry of centrist Democrats, repeated like a prayer every 4 years. Oddly enough, you never hear it during the primary when they have a chance to alter the course of the Party.
By Sivad
#15113758
Rancid wrote:She was a DA. She worked for the courts, not law enforcement.



DAs are law enforcement officers, they even carry badges:
Image

AGs are commonly referred to as the "top cop".

"By law, the district attorney is the chief law enforcement officer in the county"

The Attorney General of California is the state attorney general of the Government of California. The officer's duty is to ensure that "the laws of the state are uniformly and adequately enforced"

According to the state Constitution, California Code of Civil Procedure, and California Government Code, the Attorney General:

As the state’s chief law officer, ensures that the laws of the state are uniformly and adequately enforced.
#15113769
Beren wrote:Kamala Harris represents law and order a lot more authentically than either Trump or Pence, who mostly represent masterful conning and religious bigotry, ever could. :lol:

As a DA she worked with police to put people, including black people, in jail for a living on behalf of the government. She was the government's lawyer to prosecute. If you can't nominate a cop, the next closest thing would be a DA. Kind of weird given what's happened this year.

Anyways, I hope she turns out to be a decent pick. I mean, she has balls, balls that Biden doesn't have. He's always kowtowing the PC crowd in his party. Bernie was more to the left but he didn't kowtow as much, because he doesn't let others control him, his does what he believes in. Maybe she'll provide the balls that Biden is lacking.
#15113773
The fact that she was a DA, which is more or less a cop, is exactly what the Dems like about her. They can use her skin colour and gender to court minority votes while her using her actual cop experience and polices to attract US moderates.

It also shows that the Dems care as little about black lives as Republicans.
#15113787
Pants-of-dog wrote:The fact that she was a DA, which is more or less a cop, is exactly what the Dems like about her. They can use her skin colour and gender to court minority votes while her using her actual cop experience and polices to attract US moderates.

It also shows that the Dems care as little about black lives as Republicans.


That might be true. They don't need to win over Democrats, they need to win over undecided voters who as you say are moderates.

She helps with the female vote and POC vote too. She's also an excellent attack dog vs Trump/Pence. I can't wait to see her cross-examine Pence during the debate lol.
#15113949
Unthinking Majority wrote:That might be true. They don't need to win over Democrats, they need to win over undecided voters who as you say are moderates.


There's a set of related underlying assumption here, that I don't think are necessarily true. The first assumption is that all (or most) of the undecided voters are centrist or conservative leaning; the second is that Dems own progressive/left votes. Both of these have to be true for your statement to make sense as a political strategy.
#15113968
quetzalcoatl wrote:There's a set of related underlying assumption here, that I don't think are necessarily true. The first assumption is that all (or most) of the undecided voters are centrist or conservative leaning; the second is that Dems own progressive/left votes. Both of these have to be true for your statement to make sense as a political strategy.


I can't see a liberal voting for Trump. The only concern would be voter turnout among the left for Democrats, but Trump gives them good reason to vote and not stay home.

Trump will probably keep dominating MSM headlines up to the election no matter who the Democrats nominated. This election seems like a Trump referendum election.

The big wildcard in this election is COVID, it will be interesting to see voter turnout, # of mail-in ballots etc. I also think Trump is legit paranoid about the mail-ins and doesn't trust anyone. Given how the Democrats and most of the MSM have been at full-scale war trying to remove him from power and discredit the man the last 4 years in every way imaginable his paranoia is understandable. We saw him also paranoid over COVID early on, he (falsely) thought it was overblown & a leftwing media conspiracy to undermine his presidency in the election year.
By wat0n
#15113969
Kamala Harris is the best candidate under this scenario, if there's a voter suppression Biden is probably more worried about is that of moderate Democrats who are currently experiencing the current crime wave in large cities.

After all, just how large is the uber progressive constituency anyway? The largest demonstration in a Democrat stronghold like Chicago had like, what, 20,000 people in a 9.5 million strong metro area? Pathetic.
By Sivad
#15113972
Kamala Harris isn't a leftist but she is a radical who will enact a lot of repressive policies that strongly appeal to the authoritarian "left". She will push for more censorship and the criminalization of speech, she'll implement onerous carbon taxes and energy mandates that will cause the cost of living to skyrocket, she'll come after your rights to self-defense and informed consent, and she will grant citizenship to millions of backwards peasants that have no respect for liberty or rule of law and that will provide the authoritarian cabal she belongs to with the numbers to dominate electoral politics in this country for generations.
By skinster
#15114274
Heisenberg wrote:Any answer other than "establishment neoliberal" (except, perhaps, "trigger happy cop") is objectively untrue.


:up:

Lol at whoever put "dangerous radical leftist". Your brain is literally soup :lol:


Two people did and I thought the exact same thing. The DNC wouldn't allow a popular social-democrat who could beat Trump this time and last as front-man for empire, nevermind a radical leftist. :lol:
By Rich
#15114633
So I see because of Kamala the Liberal campaign to gas light us on the 14th Amendment is now in full swing. Note I'm not suggesting that Kamala Harris shouldn't be allowed to stand, there's still plenty of time to push through an emergency bipartisan constitutional amendment.
#15114682
Unthinking Majority wrote:I can't see a liberal voting for Trump. The only concern would be voter turnout among the left for Democrats, but Trump gives them good reason to vote and not stay home.

Trump will probably keep dominating MSM headlines up to the election no matter who the Democrats nominated. This election seems like a Trump referendum election..

There is a third party option , the Green candidate , Howie Hawkins , whom actually is a radical leftist . https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/aug/14/howie-hawkins-green-party-interview-us-elections So if such leftists , instead of being convinced as I am to give my vote to the Democratic ticket , as part of a popular front , were instead to get behind Hawkins , as part of an united front , it could be enough to shift the election results . I just don't want for the perfect , in the form of Hawkins , to serve as the enemy of the good , in respects to Biden . I feel that from a historical standpoint , the U.S. election of 2020 is comparable to the Weimar German election of 1925 ; with Hawkins in the role of Thalmann , Biden in the role of Marx , and Trump in the role of Hindenburg .
Only in Germany , rather than having a singular big tent party , serving as a catch all , there was respectively a Social Democratic Party , and a Democratic Party .
I feel that the U.S. Democratic party should split into a Liberal Party , and a Labor Party . As Alexandria Ocasio Cortez has stated ,
“In any other country, Joe Biden and I would not be in the same party, but in America, we are.”
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/06/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-joe-biden-not-same-party-094642
#15114748
quetzalcoatl wrote:"This election is different" has been the battle cry of centrist Democrats, repeated like a prayer every 4 years. Oddly enough, you never hear it during the primary when they have a chance to alter the course of the Party.


If you're in prison and the guards change, things may get better or worse depending on the guards, but you're still in jail.

I like how your response to acts of terrorism is […]

How much did you pay? waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay mo[…]

Thanks for providing the link. Here how the websit[…]

Quite possible. But then you likely earn less mo[…]